• Published 20th Dec 2017
  • 1,994 Views, 143 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 1 - Bahamut0



A thousand years have passed since Nightmare Moon's banishment. Destiny has seen to it that the Elements of Harmony will revive. But a new evil is starting to arise. Harmony alone isn't enough. New heroes must rise. They must evolve.

  • ...
7
 143
 1,994

Episode 13: Royal Meeting

Burst Stream let out a yawn as he woke up. Yesterday was crazy. The Nightmare Forces decided to get serious after Inferno and I took care of their grunts. Not to mention how Steel tore through their knights like paper. At least for now things are calm. Burst got dressed, and headed for his mailbox. One letter in particular caught his interest. It has Princess Celestia's seal on it. Burst headed inside with his mail, and opened the envelope to read it. Dear Burst Stream. I've written this to express my gratitude for protecting Unityville. But most of all, I'm thankful that you and your friends were able to save my student. And yet, I know so little of you. Therefore, I'd like to know you better. Come to Castalot as soon as you can. I await your arrival. "Well. Looks like I'd better not keep her waiting." Burst scarfed down his breakfast, and bought a ticket for the soonest train to Castalot.

"Well, I didn't expect to be back here so soon." Burst muttered to himself as he got off the train. "Now to head to the castle." Fortunately, the path to the castle was easy to find. Burst approached the gate with the letter he'd received, and showed it to the guards. "I was summoned by the princess. Could you help me get to where she is?" One of the guards nodded, and escorted Burst to the throne room. Burst opened the door. "You wanted to see me princess?"

Celestia smiled warmly at Burst. "Yes." She then got up from the throne, and walked towards Burst. "But this place doesn't make the best for conversation. Would you mind taking a walk with me?"

"O-Of course not!" Burst said with a slight blush. "Lead the way your highness." And with that, Burst set about walking with Celestia through the castle. "Not to pry, but why did you want to see me Princess Celestia?"

Celestia looked Burst right in the eye. "Do you recall that promise you made to me when you were a child?" Celestia looked Burst right in the eye, and Burst nodded.

"How could I forget?" Burst asked. "That promise was at the center of my life up until I recently fulfilled it. So what about it?"

"Well, I wanted to know how you made the connection between the cover story and the truth." Celestia replied. "For so long no one questioned the story. So, why and how did you find the truth out?"

Burst took a deep breath. "Well, it was during the Summer Sun Celebration when I was about seven years old. I'd known that you were the ruler of our nation, but I'd never seen you. Let alone you raising the celestial body you're in charge of. Unfortunately, you were probably in front of the sun as it was rising. So I didn't get quite a good look at you. That night, I was listening to my mom read me the Legend of the Two Sisters. And the older sister in the story raised the sun. I was able to piece that together. But my dad was the one that told me about Princess Luna. Because he was alive when you had to banish her."

"And...who is your father?" Celestia asked.

Burst smiled. "He's an Avatar. Like you and Princess Luna. His name is Aether Stream. Do you know him?"

"Both Luna and I are quite familiar with him." Celestia said with a fond smile. "He was just in his teen years when he ascended. You look a lot like him. And from your actions, you've inherited his heroic spirit." Celestia soon came to a stop at a balcony that overlooked the castle gardens. "You know, I never got the chance to thank you. For keeping your promise to give my story and Luna's a happy ending."

Burst blushed. "You...really don't have to say that. Honestly? All I did was fight a little and hold her in place while the Elements of Harmony purified her."

"And what you did has just as much importance as the accomplishment of Twilight and her friends." Celestia said with a warm smile. "But there's something else that I'd like to know." Celestia's eyes saddened when she looked to Burst. "When you found out the truth behind the story...what did you think of me?"

Burst looked to the ground. "I couldn't help but think...how sad you really were. I knew from the story that you didn't have any other choice but to banish Luna. This is a world of harmony and balance. And she was threatening to upset that balance. The whole world would have suffered for it. But in the end, you and Luna were the ones who hurt the most. Everyone would always talk about your smile, and I couldn't stand to hear it because I knew it was fake." Burst clenched his fist. "So, part of my promise became a bit selfish. I wanted to see your real smile. And when I did, I guess I finally saw how beautiful it was." Burst then gazed right into Celestia's eyes. "And it's another part of the reason I'm going to keep on fighting against the Nightmare Forces. Just so I can see it again." Burst was caught by complete surprise when he was soon wrapped in Princess Celestia's arms. His face turned bright red with how close he was. "Uh, Princess?"

"Thank you Burst Stream." Celestia said as she held onto Burst. "For everything."

A small smile crept across Burst's face. "Just...call me Burst."

"Then call me Celestia." Celestia said with a smile. "It was rather quite pleasant talking with you."

Burst blushed. "Maybe...we could do it again sometime? I'll have a day off pretty soon. Maybe we could meet at Donut Joe's?"

"It's a date." Celestia said with a giggle. Burst could feel his heart racing in his chest, and made a hasty farewell. "You can come out now Luna." Luna stepped out from the hallway.

Luna looked in the direction Burst left, and then right back at her big sister. "You two make a cute couple." She said with an innocent smile. And the princess of the sun's face turned beet red.