• Published 20th Dec 2017
  • 1,984 Views, 143 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 1 - Bahamut0



A thousand years have passed since Nightmare Moon's banishment. Destiny has seen to it that the Elements of Harmony will revive. But a new evil is starting to arise. Harmony alone isn't enough. New heroes must rise. They must evolve.

  • ...
7
 143
 1,984

Episode 11: Tolerance

For Fluttershy, it seemed like any other day in one of the tamer areas of the forest. She was going about chatting with some of the animals when she heard what sounded like a person lifting something. Fluttershy hovered quietly over towards the direction of the sound. She saw a hooded figure, and a young man who seemed to be helping the hooded figure move in. The young man seemed to be finished with his work, and wiped sweat from his brow. Turning in Fluttershy's direction. He was quite tall, and had a good amount of muscle on him. The young man's outfit consisted of beat-up black jeans, a sleeveless orange shirt, white sneakers, and fingerless black leather gloves. His green skin made him fit with the forest, but his yellow eyes and serious look on his face that coupled with how his brown hair framed his face gave him an intimidating appearance.

Okay Fluttershy. Don't move. Don't make a sound. He won' notice me as long as I can't be seen or heard. Fluttershy thought to herself. She then noticed one of the birds that was singing to her earlier flew right in the direction of the young man, and landed right in his hair! Fluttershy internally panicked when she saw the young man take hold of the bird in one of his hands. Her heart pounding in her chest! Oh dear! Oh dear! Fly away!

"Hello there." The young man said to the bird with a smile. A move that Fluttershy was surprised to see happen. The bird then spied Fluttershy hiding, and chirped in her direction. "Is there a friend of yours there? Don't be afraid. Come on out." With that, Fluttershy stepped out from the bush she was hiding in and slowly looked the young man in the eye. "Didn't expect to see a Skyborn sticking so close to the ground. Nice to meet you." He then looked around the forest. "Did you get yourself lost?"

Fluttershy shook her head. "No. I live in Unityville. It's not far from here."

"Nice. Hope you don't mind, but I'd like to see it for myself. I've just moved here myself." The young man said with a smile. And the two began making their way towards town. "Hope you don't mind me asking, but why were you hiding in that bush earlier?"

Fluttershy froze. "W-Well, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but...I was hiding from you."

"Oh. Well, I figured that was the case. But if you're talking to me now, I guess I'm not as scary as you thought. I'm Tyrannus Rex. Call me Ty for short."

Fluttershy smiled. "I'm Fluttershy. It's nice to meet you. And I'm sorry if me hiding from you gave you the wrong idea."

"Hey. Don't worry. I'm quite thick-skinned." Tyrannus responded. "I've had plenty of time to build up tolerance to people's reactions to me." He then looked to Fluttershy. "But you're the first to ever apologize to me for being scared. Even though you really didn't need to. I hope we get to talk again some time."

Fluttershy blushed at the kind smile Tyrranus was offering her. "Y-Yes! You too!" And with that, Fluttershy zipped off to her cottage. Trying to calm herself after her encounter with Tyrannus. No guy's ever smiled at me like that before... Fluttershy shook any fantastical imaginings out of her head and decided to tend to her animals.


The next day.
All of Unityville seemed vacant when Tyrannus woke up that morning. "Huh. Weird. Didn't expect this to be a whole town of shut-ins." Tyrannus had noticed the faces of people in their houses. "Looks like they're avoiding something." He then noticed Twilight. "Oh. Hi there. You got any idea why everyone's hiding inside?"

"Come to think of it, I don't know." Twilight responded. "And I haven't seen you around before. You new here?"

Tyrannus was about to answer when he spotted a hooded figure. And he smiled upon recognizing her. "Oh, hi there Zecora!" Tyrannus walked over as the woman removed her hood. She had light grey skin with stripes of white paint on it. Her hair was black and white.

"Oh! I've never met someone from the Zebra tribe before." Twilight said with a smile. She was about to greet Zecora when Pinkie zipped over and carried her away! Leaving both Tyrannus and Zecora to blink in utter bewilderment.

Not a couple hours later, Tyrannus had decided to stop by Zecora's home. That's when he noticed Twilight and the rest of the Main 6 gathered outside the door. Each of them looked like they'd seen something horrifying! "Um, hello there? What brings you to Zecora's place?"

"Easy! We're here to take that witch down for the crazy magic she's used on us!" Rainbow Dash boldly declared! Before her wings kept forcing her to collide with a nearby tree. "Ow! Ow! Stop that!"

Tyrannus frowned. "And just what makes you all so sure that she's the cause of your problems?"

"Well, she is quite unusual." Rarity began. "And furthermore, she only recently showed up. And she's just so-"

"Different." Tyrannus interrupted as he stared at the Main 6 with a disappointed frown. "That's the word you're looking for isn't it? And because she's different, you're scared of her. Right? Isn't that the reason why you think she's the root of your problems? You should be ashamed. All of you have come up with these assumptions, and you don't even have the sense to ask her yourself." Tyrannus let a sigh escape from his lungs. "Just try talking to her. You might be surprised what you'll learn if you take the time to understand." And with that, the Main 6 headed inside. Zecora informed them that their ailments were caused by a plant called Poison Joke. All their ailments had been the plant's idea of a prank. One bath later, with a special herb brew courtesy of Zecora, the Main 6 were back to their old selves. Twilight had even worked up quite the conversation with Zecora on plants that had potion properties. Needless to say, they got quite carried away with their talking.

Tyrannus was admiring his handiwork when he felt someone tap his shoulder. "Oh. Hello Fluttershy. Is there something you wanted from me?"

"W-well, I wanted to apologize. For the way the girls and I acted." Fluttershy said with teary eyes. "But I realized earlier than all of them it was wrong to judge someone just because they're different." She then looked Tyrannus right in the eye. "But that got me thinking. Ty? Why did you mean when you said that you'd built up a tolerance to people judging you?"

Tyrannus let out a sigh. "When I was born, I was pretty big for an Earthbound. All my life I've been stronger and larger than most my age. My parents named me Tyrannus for that reason. I thought it was the best name in the world." He then frowned. "Until I found out that my first and last name meant 'Tyrant King'. And coupled with my size, it made me an easy target for bullies. Most bullies picked on others because they were bigger, or insecure. I was picked on because I was so big. People made fun of me. Calling me a T-Rex because I was so big and they thought I'd trample them if they looked at me the wrong way. It made me very angry, and very sad. But if I decided to just let loose at them, I realized that would be giving the bullies exactly what they wanted to see. So I just waved off everything they said, and turned the other cheek. In the face of their insults and judgement, I met them with tolerance. Because I knew they'd feel just as bad if someone went around mocking them. It's why I can relate to people who feel a bit different." Tyrannus was then surprised when Fluttershy latched onto him in a tight hug. "Hey now? What's this about?" Tyrannus asked as he returned the hug.

"Just showing you a little more kindness." Fluttershy said as she nuzzled against Tyrannus's stomach.

Tyrannus smiled down warmly at Fluttershy, and returned the hug. Soon, he caught a glow on his left arm. When he looked, he saw that there was a mark of what looked like a dinosaur on it! "What in Unity is this?" Suddenly, another orb of glowing light appeared before him! Fluttershy hid behind Tyrannus as he stepped toward the light, and reached his hand out. When he grasped the light, Tyrannus felt something materialize. He soon found a cannon with a mouth modelled after a t-rex's had, and gauntlets on his forearms that were modeled after a velociraptor! "What are these things?" Ty set down the cannon, and flicked one of his wrists. Two vibration blades deployed from one of the gauntlets he was wearing! "WHOA!"

"Don't worry Ty." Fluttershy said with a kind smile. "I have some friends who have gone through something similar to you. I think you'll get along just fine with them." Fluttershy led Tyrannus to the Elements of Heroism. Tyrannus showed the mark on his arm, and the others did the same.

Burst smiled. "Considering how you awakened, you're the Element of Tolerance." Burst then noticed Tyrannus's Duelist Arms. "Looks like you've got some pretty nifty toys on you."

"Yeah." Tyrannus said with a nod. "Do you know what these things are? And can you tell me more about them?"

Burst nodded as he summoned his own Duelist Arms. "We can do more than that dude. But if you've gained Duelist Arms after awakening as an Element of Heroism? I got the feeling we're going to be needing your help pretty soon."

"That's awfully nice of you to say, but I'm no hero..." Tyrannus said as he looked to the ground.

Fluttershy then cupped Tyrannus's face in her hands as she hovered to meet his gaze. "You were willing to stick up for another person you didn't know. And despite your past, you continue to be kind to everyone and prove you're better than what others think of you. You did the right thing even when others were against you on it. If that doesn't make you a hero, then I don't know what will."

"Plus, we could always use another friend." Ace added. Tyrannus smiled at hearing this, and scooped the other guys into a big hug! "Well. He's certainly the friendly type!"

Tyrannus then released the guys. "I hope I get to know more about you tomorrow. But for now? I'll be turning in for the day. See ya!" Tyrannus wandered off, and soon went to sleep.

Looks like Ty's a big sweetheart at his core. Fluttershy thought to herself as she walked towards her home. Maybe I should do something else nice for him. But what to do? Fluttershy soon snapped out of her musings when she saw Tyrannus sleeping on the outskirts of Unityville! "Ty? What are you doing sleeping out here?"

Tyrannus's eyes snapped open. "Isn't it obvious? This is where I've decided to sleep. I just moved out of my old home, and I really don't have much possessions save for my backpack and clothes. And I don't have a job, so there's that too. So, yeah. I just sleep out here."

"Not anymore you're not!" Fluttershy said with a concerned tone. "You'll be staying with me from now on! I can't let you stay out alone like this! Winter's coming and you'd get sick so easily!"

Tyrannus was quite shocked at Fluttershy's gesture. "Look Fluttershy. I-" He stopped himself when he looked into Fluttershy's pleading eyes, and sighed. "I accept your offer. But I don't want to seem like a loafer. Do you have anything that can let me contribute to your home?"

"Are you any good with animals?" Fluttershy asked.

Tyrannus smiled. "I'm excellent with them." And with that, Tyrannus moved into Fluttershy's cottage. Taking residency on the couch. "Hey, Fluttershy?"

"Yes Ty?" Fluttershy asked. She was utterly shocked when Tyrannus kissed her on the cheek! Her face went from butter yellow to bright red in an instant as she zipped off to her room and shut the door! Hejustkissedme! HEJUSTKISSEDME!

Tyrannus blinked, and smiled. No one's ever been this nice to me except my parents. Someday, I hope I can make her as happy as she's made me. I can't let this kindness go unpaid. Tyrannus laid down on the couch, and shut his eyes. The two of us do make a cute couple...