• Published 20th Dec 2017
  • 1,992 Views, 143 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 1 - Bahamut0



A thousand years have passed since Nightmare Moon's banishment. Destiny has seen to it that the Elements of Harmony will revive. But a new evil is starting to arise. Harmony alone isn't enough. New heroes must rise. They must evolve.

  • ...
7
 143
 1,992

Episode 19: Save the Date

Burst Stream took a deep breath as he stared down at the date on his calendar. Today was one of his days off, and it wat the day that both he and Celestia to see when she was free. Today was one of those rare days, and Burst was determined not to let it go to waste. Burst polished off his breakfast instantly, got dressed, and bolted to the train station. Boarding the next train to Castalot. This'll be the second time I'll actually get to spend with Celestia with just the two of us. I'm kinda jealous Twilight's so close to her. Burst blushed at the memory of his last encounter. Here's hoping that I don't screw things up...

Sure enough, the train arrived in Castalot. And Burst immediately headed for Donut Joe's. He grabbed a seat, and waited for Celestia. Hope she doesn't think I'm cheap for picking such a common place. Burst stared at the clock in the restaurant. She should be here soon... An hour passed, and there was still no sign of Celestia. Maybe she's just taking her time to get ready? Is it normal to wait this long for a date? This all so new to me.

Yet another hour passed, and Burst had resorted to putting in his earbuds to pass the time by listening to music. Why am I getting so bent out of shape for this? It's not like the princess and I are an item or anything! Burst sighed as he stared at the ceiling. So why do I feel like I've been stood up? Burst took his earbuds, and placed his donut order. Soon enough, Burst scarfed down a donut from the plate as he put his earbuds back in.

About five minutes later, Burst was struggling to keep his eyes open. Even the two donuts he'd eaten weren't doing any wonders for keeping him awake as he stared at the clock. Waiting for Celestia to come in at any second. Maybe this was a bad idea. Burst thought sadly to himself. She moves the sun for Faust's sake. She has an entire nation to run. And here I am expecting her to give up some of the rare time she has to herself to spend it with me? Burst frowned at the thought. How could I be so damn selfish? Burst's head soon hit the table. It wouldn't surprise me if she did decide to cancel on me.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" A female voice asked.

Burst smiled. "Yeah. No problem. I was waiting for someone, but they didn't show up yet. But...that's fine. She gets pretty busy, and the work she does is pretty important. I should've guessed she wouldn't-" Burst's jaw dropped when he saw who the voice was coming from. "...Show up..."

"I'm sorry that I'm late." Celestia said with a concerned look on her face as she sat down. "I didn't keep you waiting too long, did I?"

Burst shook his head. "Well, I was kind of by myself for an hour or two. B-But it's no problem! You just got your sister back. You've still got a whole nation to run. The sun's gotta be raised. Honestly, I feel kinda guilty having you spend your own free time with me." Burst blushed a little when he saw Celestia's expression sadden. "But...it means a lot that you're willing to spare some time for me. Even if you're not able to show up on time, at least you came. Besides..." Burst got lost in Celestia's violet eyes. "You're...someone worth waiting for."

"How sweet of you." Celestia said with a smile. "I'd hate for you to be uninformed of any future inconveniences. So..." Celestia summoned a pen with a snap of her fingers, and scribbled something onto a napkin. "This should keep us in contact better than letters. The only reason I haven't given Twilight this is because she'd never stop calling."

Both Burst and Celestia shared a laugh at hearing this, and Burst's eyes wen wide when he saw that Celestia had given him her phone number! "Well, you gave me yours. So...I'll give you mine." Burst said nervously as he grabbed a napkin and wrote down his own number. "Just call me if you need me to save the day."

"I'll keep that in mind. My little hero." Celestia said with a giggle. "I hate to cut this short, but more matters have popped up. It was nice seeing you again!" And with that, Celestia quickly grabbed one of the donuts before heading out the door and flying back to the castle.

Burst took a sip of his milk, and sighed. "Well, this is what a relationship with her would be like." Burst's eyes widened at what he just said. Why did I even say that?! Burst then reflected how awed he was at how beautiful Celestia was. But what really melted his heart was the genuine smile he saw on her face when she was truly happy. Then again...I couldn't think of a better person to fall for. Burst then chuckled to himself. I think I fell for her when I first saw her. Now if only I could work up the guts to tell her. He then sighed before munching on his remaining donuts. Why is it that it's easy for me to fight monsters and villains, and yet I can't even tell a girl I like her? Oh well. One battle at a time.