• Published 27th Nov 2017
  • 2,437 Views, 94 Comments

Our Daughter - lillytheomegawolf



Two families share one unexpected bundle of joy. As celebrities secrets are uncovered and relationships tested, none of the Wonderbolts or the mane six will ever be quite the same.

  • ...
4
 94
 2,437

CH7: Moving Forward (7 Weeks pregnant)

Fleetfoot and High Winds cruised along on the morning air through the outer edges of Cloudsdale, enjoying a morning flight together.

High Winds put a burst of speed toward a cloud that floated above the homes in the area ahead.

Fleetfoot spotted something yellow and blue in the edge of her vision and banked toward the couple. High Winds noticed the change in direction and was quick to follow after her friend.

Fleetfoot slowed as she neared Spitfire and Soarin. The two young pegasi were huddled in between a row of houses in an alleyway.

Fleetfoot landed in front of the couple, “hey, hey. What are you two doing all the way over here? Sneaking off for some-” words failed her as she noticed their injuries.

“What happened to you two?” High Winds asked as she landed.

“We-” Soarin paused, uncertain. He moved a hoof to slightly hide his black eye as he tested his bruised jaw.

“It’s okay, High Winds is cool,” Fleetfoot insisted.

“Ow!” Soarin cried out as a damaged feather was wrenched out by his wingmate.

“Sissy. You tell them, I’ll keep preening your poor wings.”

“Okay.” Soarin lay down once again, relaxed a bit and offered his roughed up left wing to his lover. “You sure she’s cool?”

“I am.” Fleetfoot confidently responded.

“Okay.” Soarin sighed, “well, our parents found out. Tempest Wind kicked my arse and hurt Spitfire too when she tried to defend me.”

“Found out what?” High Winds wondered.

Fleetfoot spotted the bruise on Spitfire’s barrel as she shifted up the wing. “Woah, I hope your poor baby is okay!”

The bright yellow pegasus fluffed her wings and covered the spot defensively. “I’ll be fine. I think our son is okay.”

“Daughter,” Soarin immediately countered.

“Whatever pie boy,” Spitfire muttered as her mouth returned to damaged blue feathers.

“Wait, wait, wait. What!?” High Winds held up her forehooves to get everypony’s attention. “Did I just hear that right? Spitfire is preggers!?

“Yea. And if you tell anypony about it...” Spitfire paused. “Just don’t tell anypony. Or you’re no longer invited to our wedding in a few weeks time.”

“No need to worry about me. I can keep a secret.” High Winds was quick to defend herself. The light grey pegasus leant against the cloud house she sat next to. Her stunned gaze roamed around as she processed the shock of the unexpected new information. Her attention returned to the couple who were huddled up just out of hoof reach on the other side of the small alleyway. “I can’t believe it... I- I thought I was one of your friends.”

“You are. But we even hid this from our parents, so please don’t be offended,” Spitfire responded with a tired tone.

“How do you expect to keep a baby bump hidden?” High Winds asked.

“Spit isn’t that pregnant yet. No need to worry about us.” Soarin grimaced as pain lanced along the wing his lover was working on. “We have a plan. We just forgot to think about what to do if our parents found out like this.”

“Well, you two could always crash at my house,” Fleetfoot offered.

“Na. My parents said we can live with them till a house is found for us to live.” Soarin shot another look his mare’s way as her ministrations continued to bring his wing pain.

“But how are the two of you supposed to afford a house?” High Winds wondered out loud.

“My dad can,” Spitfire stated simply then carefully nudged the wing she had been working on back into its place on her wingmate’s side. She carefully stepped over her young stallion. “Next wing.”

Soarin shifted slightly then offered his right wing.

“Can you even fly with those?” a rather concerned Fleetfoot asked.

“Sure. Just not well,” Soarin replied. “Ow! Spitty!”

High Winds grimaced as the yellow pegasus spat out a light blue feather.

“What? I’m helping.”

“Yea, but can you... I dunno. Be more gentle or something?”

“If it’s gotta come out, it's coming out.”

 Spitfire replied as she continued her preening.

“Why don’t you just... do it yourself? You know...” High Winds asked shyly.

“Cause Spitfire likes to play with my wings,” Soarin replied with a grin.

“I’m sure that's not the only part of you she likes to play with. Aye Spit?” Fleetfoot wriggled her eyebrows suggestively.

Spitfire sat up straighter and returned her friend’s look with a smirk of her own. She relinquished her hold on her lover’s wing. “You can be sure of that. What about your little fillyfriend? Gotten past the wings with her?”

“I don’t know who you could possibly be talking about,” Fleetfoot shot back.

Spitfire shot High Winds a pointed look.

“Me?” The light grey pegasus receded behind her cobalt blue mane.

“Sure. You’ve never noticed how much she seems to enjoy your company?” Spitfire grinned.

“Uh, because- I’m her friend.” High Winds offered as her gaze turned from yellow to arctic blue young mare. “Right?”

“Uh... of course,” Fleetfoot responded with a slight blush.

“She blushes,” Soarin laughed softly.

“Come on you two, relax. I was having you on. Although, you two would look cute together.” Spitfire leant back down to resume preening her colt.

“I might just uh... go. Yea.” High Winds hovered uncertainty for a moment then took off.

“Thanks you two,” Fleetfoot rounded on the couple. “You have no idea how long it took to build up to today’s flight.”

“What- wait. You really do like her?” Soarin sat up in shock. His wing slipped out of his wingmate’s maw and lightly slapped her on the muzzle.

“Duh, thicko!” Fleetfoot almost exploded. “But I dunno if she even likes fillies. I was trying to get a bit closer as friends before I even ask something crazy like that.”

Spitfire chucked, “relax. I’m sure she will brush it off as harmless fun between friends. You just gotta ask her to practice with you more often outside of school again. Besides, there’s no fillyfoolers in school that I know of anyway. So I don’t think she’s gonna realise one of her good friends is strange yet.”

“Thanks,” Fleetfoot sourly responded. “Do you see why I’ve been quiet about my crush for so long.”

“Well if you keep her quiet about us and our baby, I’m sure Soarin and I can keep your little secret too. Who knows, maybe we can even try set you both up,” Spitfire offered with a playful smile.

“Maybe,” Fleetfoot gazed off in the direction her crush had flown. Then her attention returned to the injured couple. “So, what are you gonna tell everypony? It’s gonna look a little weird that you both are beat up so bad.”

“Thankfully, I’m not feeling too bad,” Spitfire replied. “I’m worried about my colt. You should have seen how he stood up for us both in front of my parents. My dad was super pissed off.“

“I can imagine,” Fleetfoot nodded slowly. “Well, unless you want my help to get to the doctors or something, I’ll be off, I guess.”

“We’ll be okay.” Soarin did his best to smile up at his friend.

“Alright. Take care you two. If you need me, just let me know.” Fleetfoot took off and quickly flew out of sight.


Spitfire entered the classroom and strode toward her usual seat. Her wings were held in position to hide the bruise on her barrel while she left the other marks on display for all to see. Along the way, she tripped over somepony’s bag. All eyes were on the still slightly beat up young mare as she hurried to her seat. Soarin entered as she sat down. All eyes came to rest upon the beaten up light blue colt with the black eye and bruised jaw as he shuffled his way over to his seat. It was clear from the whispering that everypony present was wondering what had happened to them.

As her wingmate took his seat, one of the other colts in the class spoke up, “what happened to you?”

“Yea, you look like you got into a bar fight with an earth pony.”

Spitfire shot the classmates behind them a dirty look then once again turned to face the teacher up front.

“Are you sure you are fit for school?” Professor Greywing paused from sorting his papers to stare at the colt.

“Yes.” Spitfire quickly replied.

“That’s nice to know. But I was specifically referring to Soarin.”

“I’ll be fine,” the light blue colt quickly responded.

“Alrighty then. Are we at least allowed to know what happened to you both?”

“I got attacked. Spitfire tried to break it up. We both took a few hits, but yea...” Soarin trailed off.

“Interesting. Well, as long as you both are on your best behaviour and don’t go starting any fights and can fly then I guess we shall get on with the lesson at hoof.”

“Yes, professor Greywing,” both young pegasi quickly answered.


Spitfire stormed into Soarin’s parents home. Her wingmate hurried in behind her and almost had the door slammed on his tail. The agitated young mare almost ran into something light green. She jerked back in surprise as she realised it was a pony.

“What’s going on here?” Soarin’s mother asked, not all that pleased with almost being rammed into.

Spitfire shot the older pegasus a look.

Soarin was quick to answer for them both, “we had a rough day at school.”

“Hormones kicking you around hun?” Dawnrush carefully placed herself right in the fiery yellow pegasus’s face and looked her right in the eyes.

Spitfire shuffled uncomfortably, “maybe. I kept messing up on the course. Soarin, my duo partner couldn’t fly fast so we ranked in last and I couldn’t focus in the theory classes.”

“Well, somepony did get herself kicked out of her parents home,” Dawnrush replied dryly. “I can only imagine how that must mess with your system, especially with being pregnant.”

Spitfire wandered on past the mare of the house, into the dining room then sank down into a chair at the dinner table. Her head came to rest upon the table and she unleashed an annoyed groan.

Soarin quickly seated himself at her side, careful of their injuries he settled in close and placed a comforting wing over her.

The older mare placed herself at the table beside her treasured youngsters, “I hear your parents have found you someplace earlier today. I expect my husband will be letting you both know how soon you will be able to move out.”

Silence fell for a few moments before the light green mare continued. “How about I make you both something to eat to make you feel better? After all, this might be the last time we all have this sort of opportunity.”

“A nice apple pie?” Soarin was quick to perk up.

“If I remember right that was one of the delicacies I could always eat while carrying you.” Dawnrush smiled at her son, she then turned to her long-since adopted daughter. “How about it Spitfire, would you like some Apple pie?”

“That sounds lovely, thank you,” Spitfire sat up and leaned into her wingmate.

“Well then.” Dawnrush headed out and into the kitchen.

“Your mum is really good to us, you know that.” Spitfire murmured softly.

“Yea. I dunno what we are supposed to do for food once we get our own place.”

“I could always accept that nice barmare’s offer and learn how to cook.”

“Spitty, I would love to taste your cooking.”

“What if I burn all the food?”

“Don’t worry.” Soarin responded confidently “If it tastes as good as you do, I’m sure I’ll love it.”

Spitfire shot her wingmate a look, “that won’t feed you.”

With a silly grin upon his muzzle, Soarin replied, “doesn’t it? Well... it won’t stop me from enjoying it.”

Spitfire scoffed, “gee. Now that we’ve done it a few times, I see somepony can’t stop thinking of sex.”

Soarin nuzzled up nice and close then poked his lips right next to his filly’s ear, “with you, mmm yea...”

Spitfire withdrew and immediately spotted the look on his face and knew what that particular grin meant. “I want cuddles.”

“We could always head out while my mum bakes the pie,” Soarin offered.

“Come on stud. I want cuddles. Now.”

“Okay,” Soarin submitted.

With that Spitfire lead the way to Soarin’s room for their quick cuddle session.


Tyson landed at the doorstep of his family’s dwelling. With a sigh, he paused to enjoy the simple sight of the fluffy white block that was soon to be home to two fewer pegasi. Truth be told, it had been nice with both Soarin and Spitfire around. 

Now that tempers had been allowed to cool he would not have minded if his son and soon-to-be daughter-in-law were allowed to remain at his house till after their wedding. Spitfire had long since become a part of the family and it felt right to have her there by his son’s side. But Tempest Wind’s wishes were not to be disobeyed so here he was, about to send his son and daughter-in-law away. Off to live in their own home at the edge of Cloudsdale, a few minutes flight from where either of their parents lived.

A dark blue hoof rose to push open the door and he once again found himself unable to move under the burden of his thoughts. What if he delayed a few days? No pony had to know if he showed the young couple the papers he had in his saddlebags a few days late.

But what if Tempest Wind found out? Would that stallion come after Soarin again? Tyson sighed. His friend had been acting a little off the clouds since the discovery of Spitfire’s pregnancy. It was probably better to send their children off now, rather than later. Providing his wife agreed, they could still invite them round for dinner a few times a week though right? He knew his son’s ability to sort out a meal at home to be ...less than stellar and he could not remember ever sampling any of Spitfire’s cooking. Did she even cook? ‘Yea, I’ll ask Dawnrush to invite our kids round each week. I hope she’ll like the idea.’

With a deep breath to steady himself, he pushed open the front door and entered.

Spitfire looked up from the half-demolished pie and spotted a rather serious looking stallion as he entered the room. She nudged her wingmate.

Soarin glanced up and swallowed his mouthful, “Dad! You’re home already?”

“I am, yes.”



“What’s wrong, honey?” Dawnrush asked as she rose and approached her husband.

“Oh, nothing. Just had a long day.” He took a seat at the head of the table and placed his saddlebag off to the side before he accepted a slice of the pie from his wife.

The family ate in silence until Tyson finished his slice then sighed loudly. Dawnrush shot him a questioning look.

“I visited my old friend, Tempest Wind.”

Spitfire bristled slightly at the mention of her father. Soarin noticed and placed a comforting wing across her withers.

“What did that featherbag have to say?” Dawnrush asked.

“Well.” Tyson paused as he reached into his saddlebags and withdrew the documents he had withheld. “He gave me these. The deed to our children's own home. He expects they will be able to move in within the next day or two.”

“Well, I’m glad to see he at least still keeps his word,” Dawnrush commented dryly as she took the papers and gave them a once over.

“D-did dad say anything about me?” Spitfire asked hesitantly.

“Uh... no.” Tyson awkwardly responded. “He simply handed me these and told me that he expected you both to move in within the next day or two. I thanked him for his help and he sent me on my way.”

Spitfire turned away and nuzzled under her colt’s wing to hide the slight leak her eyes suddenly suffered. She rubbed her muzzle into the wonderful, warm coat as she fought to control her breathing. As much as she did not want to admit it, her father’s behaviour and apparent attitude still hurt.

“I know he is bad at showing it, but your father loves you Spitfire,” Tyson spoke up sympathetically.

“How can you be so sure?” the fiery young pegasus’ voice muffed by the blue coat she had buried herself in.

“It’s a guy thing. But I can tell, bro to bro that he still loves his girl with all his heart. He’s just too set in his ways to change now. It’s unfortunate. But you both made your choices and I’m done with fighting him.”

Soarin nodded in understanding. His father did seem to be talking sense. ‘Guess this might just be my last pie while living here.’ The light blue colt sighed in resignation.


Two young pegasi who still bore the marks of their recent fight entered their new home. They carried small saddlebags with the possessions they chose to move house with.

It was rather empty.

Okay, very empty. Spitfire sighed, it felt desperately in need of something to cover the bare fluffy cloud walls and she carried precious little in her saddlebag to fix that.

The small square room they found themselves in had an entrance to the simple looking kitchen on the right.

“Well, I can see my dad was being rather generous,” Spitfire commented dryly as she gazed around at the empty space.

“Well he was annoyed at us,” Soarin murmured. “I’m surprised he bought us a home at all.”

“True. That would be an understatement.” Spitfire agreed with her colt. “Ah well, let's check this place out.”

She led the way into the kitchen where she quickly assessed the bare countertops and small dining table with two chars in the middle. With little more than bare white cloud walls to stare at, the couple moved on to the next room.

The bedroom was large enough for two ponies to fit around the double cloud bed but that was about it. There was a final doorway that led into the bathroom. Spitfire poked her head in to check that the bathroom was small too. With that confirmed she turned around to find her wingmate lying on the bed.

“Well, it’s not the most comfortable cloud I’ve ever laid on,” Soarin commented as he wriggled around. “But it’s better than having to hunt for one myself.”

The young sunny pegasus stood transfixed at the sight of her lover on the bed and ideas began to form in her mind. Steamy ideas that were made even more vivid and alluring by the position of her relaxed wingmate as he closed his eyes and relaxed on his back. Those naughty ideas made her wings itch to rise.

They were alone.

It was their new house and there was a bed in need of breaking in.

They were going to be married soon and she was already pregnant. So what harm was there in a little fun?

“Soarin?”

“Hmm?” The relaxed young stallion gazed up at his companion.

“How about I take you up on that offer from earlier?”

“What offer?”



“When you asked for sexy time yesterday. Remember?”

“Oh.” Light blue wings flared out on either side of the young stallion as he continued to lie on his back. A grin quickly covered his muzzle, “yes, I think I remember. Even better now because guess what, Spitty?”

“What?” Spitfire asked as she slipped onto the bed and positioned herself over her companion.

“This uh... this new bed is in need of us to bless it.”

“You know, I’ve been thinking the exact same thing,” Spitfire replied then placed a kiss on the light blue muzzle in front of her.