• Published 27th Nov 2017
  • 2,430 Views, 94 Comments

Our Daughter - lillytheomegawolf



Two families share one unexpected bundle of joy. As celebrities secrets are uncovered and relationships tested, none of the Wonderbolts or the mane six will ever be quite the same.

  • ...
4
 94
 2,430

CH2: Asking the parents

“Son, what is your intentions toward my daughter?”

“What?”



“Dad!”

“Honey, I know he’s been your friend for a long time, but I still need to know this. The two of you look like foals caught with your hoof in one of my rainbow pools. By the way he is still sitting on your bed, I would say the two of you were getting rather cuddly there. I know what it’s like to be young, I’ve been there.” A ghost of a smile played upon the stallion’s muzzle as he paused to fix his gaze upon the highly nervous Soarin. “So, I ask you again. What is your intentions toward my daughter?”

Soarin looked so nervous he might pass out “S-sir.” The poor youngster took a deep breath to steady himself before he continued. “If I may be so bold, sir... I would like your daughter’s hoof in marriage.”

Tempest Wind quirked an eyebrow, a smile slowly slid across his muzzle. “Really now? Is that you asking me officially? Or are you going to wait until after your final year of schooling is over like I thought you would?”

Soarin did a double take, “you thought I would what?”

A deep chuckle escaped the deep orange stallion. “I know the two of you are pretty good in public, but around here, I’ve seen the way you two act. To be honest, I had been hoping this moment would come soon after you two finished advanced flight school.”

“Really? Well, to be clear, yes, I do want to marry Spitty and if its okay be you I would like this to count as me asking you officially. I’m not sure I’m brave enough to do this again.”

“Of course you may.”

“Yes!” Spitfire barreled into Soarin and they both crashed into the cloud wall. “Alright Pie Boy! Yes! Yes! Yes!”

Spitfire could hardly believe what had just transpired. Within less than an hour she had been transformed from a mare who had just lost her chance at glory to a bride to be. Now all they had to do was hold a secret wedding then ditch the foal and make a comeback to her life as a future Wonderbolt. If the two pulled it off right, not only would her parents be none the wiser over their mistake, but she could also make it into the Wonderbolts with her husband. Her dreams would be achieved and all would be good with the world.

“Alright, now you had better make the proposal a good one.” Spitfire gave her coltfriend a smirk as she relished the moment.

“Doesn’t that count?” Soarin cocked his head questioningly at his mare.

Spitfire rolled her eyes at her coltfriend, “of course not.”

“Don’t worry I got this.” Soarin grinned confidently back.

“I bet. But if you try and pull a lazy one on me, I’ll tell you to try again.”

“You wouldn’t.”

“Try me.” Spitfire leaned against Soarin, content.

“I would believe her kiddo.” Tempest laughed, “But I know you got this.”

-----

As Celestia’s sun slid below the horizon, Cloudsdale's soon-to-be-engaged couple entered the dining room to find Tempest lounging on a chair. Without glancing up the stallion spoke up, “you know, the Wonderbolts don't usually like couples working together.”

Spitfire glanced at her coltfriend to check his response and found him looking right back at her with a raised eyebrow. Good thing they had already talked about this. “That’s alright dad. That's why we think it would be a good idea to have a secret wedding. Keep it to only a small family feast.”

The reclined stallion held his silence for a few moments before he slowly responded. “You think so?"

Both teenagers both nodded earnestly.

"Then I will look into what I can do. I might be able to pull a few strings and keep the paper trail hidden. However, unless you two have something to hide..." Tempest paused to eye the couple with a cautionary look. "Then I would advise that you go the traditional route. Invite your friends and family, make a proper day out of it. Have a full on feast for family and friends, exchange a primary feather, sign the legal documents and let the world know you are together. Mind you, however you choose to do this, I expect your new husband to provide for you.” Spitfire rolled her eyes at her father. “I will happily pay for whatever dwelling you two choose to call your own, but that’s where my financial assistance must end. For whatever reason, you two are going to be married earlier than I expected. I do not mind. But since it is your intention to start your lives together so quickly, I expect you to be ready to face the world together earlier too.”

“Yes, father. Of course, we will be ready.” Spitfire replied dutifully. She was thankful that although she was expected to leave her parents home after becoming a married mare that at least they would have someplace to call home and allow for greater secrecy around her pregnancy. They were sure to figure something out from there.

"But if we marry and make it too public, won't that be a problem when Spit' and me try and join the Wonderbolts?" Soarin asked.

"If you are the best, I'm sure they won't turn you down." Tempest smiled. "But I'm also sure a word in the right pony's ear about how you two keep the lovey-dovey stuff at home will help, provided you both ace the tryouts."

“Dinner’s here!” The announcement broke the atmosphere as Spitfire’s mother entered the room.

Stormy Flare spotted the young colt next to her daughter and her face lit up with a big smile. “Soarin! Hello, it's lovely to see you around again. Will you be staying for dinner? I only bought us a lazy dinner. Hay fries and salad.”

“It’s okay, I should probably be heading home.”

“Soarin here has something to ask you.” Tempest smiled knowingly at his wife.

“He does?” Stormy Flare eyed the suddenly nervous young stallion with a curious smile as she placed the bags with their dinner on the table.

“Y-yes,” was the best Soarin could get out before his voice failed him.

Stormy casually continued with setting out the meal for her family. After a moments awkward silence, she paused to set her sights on the still nervous youngster. “Well spit it out.”

“I uh... Can I-” Soarin looked down at his forehooves. Why was this so hard?

His nerves were shattered by an elbow to the ribs from his fillyfriend. “Hey!”

Spitfire gestured to her parents as if to silently order him to hurry up. “I- I asked Temptest already ...If maybe I could have your daughter's hoof in marriage.” He nervously played with his forehooves as Stormy Flare eyed him silently for a few moments.

The older yellow pegasus glanced at her husband to read his face before she turned to her daughter. “Is this what you want Spitfire?”

“Yes, mom.”

“Well then. Get married, claim him as your stallion and be happy together. Congratulations.” Without further ado, she continued laying out the meal. She made a point to serve the still slightly nervous teenage stallion. “I know you said you should be heading home, but after dropping a question like that on me, you will be staying for dinner.”

“Oh, well thank you.” Soarin accepted the serving he was given, thankful that both parents appeared to have been okay with the sudden question.

“One moment, no pony start eating yet. I just want to quickly heat something up.” With a swish of her deep orange tail, she left the room.

“Good one Slick.” Spitfire snickered.

Soarin shot his fillyfriend a look, “what? Your mom is like, intimidating and stuff.”

"I thought I was supposed to be the intimidating one?" Tempest asked with a cheeky grin as he leaned forward in his chair.

"You are. But I dunno, mothers are worse somehow." Soarin replied.

"Too right. Don't worry. One day long ago, I was in your seat too." Tempest replied. "It's natural to feel like your about to pass out."

"You felt that too when asking Stormy?" Soarin asked.

"No way. I'm talking about normal ponies here. I'm too boss to get nervous." The deep orange stallion lent back in his set, a smirk on his muzzle.

"Right." Soarin wasn't exactly sure he believed the cocky older stallion, but wasn't about to challenge him on the topic.

After a few moments silence, Spitfire grabbed her coltfriend's forehoof under the table and they quietly held hooves while they waited for the return of Stormy Flare.

When the matriarch returned, Soarin’s eyes lit up with delight at the sight of the apple pie. Stormy laid the piping hot pie on the table in front of the young couple. “I had one of these saved up and figured now was a good time.”

“Yummy. Thanks, Mrs Flare.” Soarin licked his lips, a massive grin upon his muzzle.

Before he could dive in and ignore the rest of his meal, Spitfire took a bite out of it. She grinned at her coltfriend’s shocked look. “Oh come on, don't tell me you expected to eat that all by yourself.”

“Uh... yea?”

“As long as you can share with your bride to be, I don’t mind missing out.” Tempest smiled as he dug into his own meal. “Oh and, Soarin. Would you do me a favour by meeting me at the Rainbow Factory this weekend?”

Soarin paused his fun pie time to glance inquisitively up at his soon to be father-in-law. “Sure, why?”

“Oh... I just want to spend some time to get to know you some more, one on one.” The orange stallion smiled back.

“Okay. Uh... Sure.” Soarin nodded before resuming his attack on the delicious pie with his fillyfriend.