• Published 27th Nov 2017
  • 2,367 Views, 90 Comments

Our Daughter - lillytheomegawolf



Two families share one unexpected bundle of joy. As celebrities secrets are uncovered and relationships tested, none of the Wonderbolts or the mane six will ever be quite the same.

  • ...
4
 90
 2,367

CH14: Wild Run (Six months pregnant)

On the outskirts of Appleosa, a regal cloud home hovered, sparkling in the evening sun's rays. This dwelling was clearly able to service a small group of pegasi. The squared outer walls were smooth with a pair of small, rounded windows looking out from the bedrooms on the top floor. The lower level bore larger windows on the sides looking into the living area and a large front door. The impressive dwelling was capped off by a spiral ceiling that wound around like the top of a giant ice cream. The front had a wide open veranda, easily able to fit four or five ponies. The base of the whole construct was soft swirling clouds with a hint of rainbow swirled through.

Spitfire and Soarin alighted on the veranda. While the pale blue colt bore saddlebags full of food, his wife was sporting a small but growing baby bump.

Silver Zoom opened the door and gave the couple a nod. "Hey, did you remember my sweets this time?"

"Yep, they're somewhere in there..." He strode over to the right hand rear corner of their singular downstairs room and deposited his saddlebags. A few chairs and a large table were central, pushed up against the back of the room and on the left, opposite the kitchen, a spiral staircase ascended to their bedrooms and shared bathroom above.

Spitfire was quick to put away the various foods in the cupboards of their corner kitchen. As she worked Soarin couldn't help but check the hot flank and growing barrel out. While he had a few doubts many months ago about how Spitfire's looks would be impacted he was glad she was still in fact the prettiest mare he had ever seen.

"Dude."

Soarin jolted as a midnight black hoof tapped his shoulder. "Huh?"

"We live here too you know. Geeze..." Blackout gave the lovestruck colt a dry look.

"Right, sorry." Soarin nervously glanced around the room and caught Fleetfoot smirking his way.

The dark young stallion chuckled dryly and shook his head as he headed over to the kitchen bench and fished out a bag of sweet oats.

"When you find somepony special... you'll know what I'm feeling," Soarin returned his attention to his mare and a dopey grin slid across his muzzle.

"I hope not. You look stupid." Silver Zoom stated.

Soarin rolled his eyes. "Thanks."

"Not as stupid as you looked a few days ago." Fleetfoot smugly interjected.

"Hey, I told you not to bring that up again." Silver Zoom rounded on the pale arctic blue mare.

"So?" Fleetfoot lounged against the counter and took a bite out of an apple. "Quit being a butt."

"Guys!" The room fell silent at Spitfire's outburst. "Shut up or take it outside."

"Sorry, Spitfire." Fleetfoot was quick to reply looking somewhat abashed.

Silver Zoom huffed. "What about sorry to me?"

The cool blue mare eyed the light grey stallion. Both teenagers locked eyes and one could almost feel the temperature in the room rise with their tempers.

"How about no. I've had enough of you for the day. I'll be back for dinner." Statement made, Fleetfoot left the home.

Spitfire sighed.

Soarin eyed the grey-white maned young stallion who stood in the middle of the room.

Silver Zoom met the pale blue pegasus' gaze and sighed. "Sorry about that."

"I can't imagine being on tour with you two." Blackout muttered as he left the room and headed up the spiral staircase opposite the small kitchen.


That evening three colts and a light grey mare sat around a large table that had been shifted into the middle of the room. Laughter filled the air as Spitfire and Fleetfoot brought a mixture of burgers and wraps over from the kitchen counter. The two platters contained a combined assortment that looked like enough to feed at least eight ponies.

Soarin was quick to nab a large homemade burger from Spitfire. The hungry colt was quick to sneak a quick thank you kiss in too. The firey mare smiled as she placed her platter in the middle on the table next to Fleetfoot's. The two other males took their pick. Fleetfoot sat next to High Winds while Spitfire sat between her cool blue friend and Soarin. After a brief moment's thanks, the two other colts were quick to dig in.

Spitfire rubbed her lower tummy as she gaze around at the small pack of ponies. A smile slid onto her muzzle. This felt like home. As if these crazy ponies were family. The little one inside would be joining them later in the year and by now Spitfire was both terrified and excited by that prospect. The proud soon to be mother was disrupted from her thoughts by High Winds.

"And how’s our soon to be mother feeling?"

The fiery mare shrugged. "Hey, I’ve still got like five months of this to go.”

“You're hiding it well.” High Winds mused. “Baby’s still only a little bump.”

A sigh escaped Spitfire, “I dunno how much longer that’s gonna continue. I’ve been given one month more of performing and the doc told me after that I really need to slow down.”

“Yeouch.” High Winds grimaced. “Can’t imagine needing to slow down.”

A loud belch from Silver Zoom broke the mares conversation. “Enough with the baby talk. This food is great.”

“Yeah, thanks for putting on such a nice spread for us.” Blackout added as he reached out for another wrap.

Soarin paused with his mostly eaten burger inches from his snout as the darker stallion started on his second morsel. With a sense of urgency, Soarin hurried to finish his burger.

Fleetfoot stuck her tongue out at Silver Zoom. “Hey, it took High Winds a few hours to get here, least she’s allowed to do is ask a few questions.”

“I would rather not be reminded that we have a teenaged parent hiding from the wider school. It’s bad enough seeing Soarin fawn over here every day.” Silver Zoom retorted.

Fleetfoot huffed. High Winds hoof on her shoulder killed any smart retorts and she instead focused on her meal.

A light blue wing settled on the fiery pegasus as Soarin snatched up his second burger and hastily chowed into it.

“Slow down, big guy.” Spitfire promoted.

“Nu uh-” Soarin managed as he chewed on a large mouthful.

Blackout smirked and took a bigger bite to match.

The two stallions kept an eye on one another as they scoffed down their helping and quickly reached for another burger. Table manners forgotten, the two young stallion’s continued to guts down as much as possible.

Silver Zoom did his best to ignore the show while Fleetfoot gave a playful cheer for Soarin. High Winds watched with a bemused expression.

Spitfire meanwhile observed out of the corner of her eye. She carefully selected a second wrap for herself and carefully ate her food.

A large piece of lettuce fell from Soarin’s wrap, joining other pieces of carrot and other food shrapnel. Despite the mess, neither stallion slowed down and pretty soon they were onto their fourth full helping.

As Blackout finished half he began to slow.

Soarin, having caught up with the darker pegasus had also slowed his hasty eating due to feeling somewhat full. However, he was still a colt on a mission. Soft talking came from the three mares as they continued to catch up. Despite the wonderful voice of his wife, Soarin did his best to focus on the mission at hand, beat Blackout.

The black colt leaned back as he finished his fourth helping. “Ooooh... these are some well packed... Just mmm...”

Soarin paused, one mouthful left, “you finished?”

Blackout shook his head, “just need a moment...”

Silver Zoom reached for one of the last two wraps. Adding a little extra lettuce to it, he put it on his own plate. “Well, now you two need to share.”

“I guess I win then.” Blackout smirked as he hastily reached for the last wrap. 

Soarin stuffed his last mouthful into his gob and launched himself at the last morsel. Forehooves clacked together as the stallion’s vied for their victory helping. High Winds laughed as Soarin’s hooves got knocked out of the way and a rather proud looking Blackout took the prize.

Soarin sat there horrified as the food he knew to be his was slowly devoured with great exuberance before him. “But- but...”

A rather painful minute passed for the defeated colt as his adversary enjoyed every last bite and then collapsed against the table in a food coma.

“So... full...” Blackout moaned.

“We have a winner!” Fleetfoot cried out. The ice blue mare rose and hurried over to the kitchen bench.

“So, Soarin’s discovered a fellow hungus?” High Winds observed with playful smile. "I do hope you don't run out of food too often."

Spitfire nodded. “Eating competitions like this are frequent enough. We carry enough food to feed a small army for a reason.” 


“I’ll get you ...next time.” Soarin eyed the winner as he rubbed his full tummy. “That was some good food..."

"Anypony want dessert? We got fresh ice cream and the winner's favourite treats." Fleetfoot returned with a small tub of ice cream and assorted berries.

Blackout sat up and stretched. "Serve it up. I'm sure I've got a little more room somewhere."

Soarin chuckled, leaning against his wife, "want to share with me?"

Spitfire accepted a helping of the berries and ice cream from Fleetfoot and slid it closer to Soarin. "Long as you don't make a mess."

Soarin took the spoon his maw and carefully offered a mouthful to his wife. Spitfire smiled as she accepted.

Across the table, Silver Zoom rolled his eyes and muttered something rude under his breath as he accepted his own helping of ice cream. Fleetfoot giggled as she settled into place, ready to enjoy the desert herself. Unlike the married couple, High Winds and herself had their own bowels.

Spitfire took her turn to lift the spoon and feed her husband. The wing on her back twitched as the cold hit. It was clear from the blissful expression on his face that Soarin was enjoying himself. The grinning stallion nuzzled his wife then took the spoon. As he lifted up a serving of ice cream, an annoyed grunt sounded the exit of Silver Zoom from the table.

Soarin sat up, "if we are putting you off-"

"Don't worry about it." Silver Zoom insisted as he continued to stride toward the front door, bowel in hoof.

"But-"

"I feel like enjoying my pudding under the stars. There's no rule against a little affection in your own home." As the grey stallion left the house he sighed and turned his gaze to the stars. After a moment, he began to enjoy his ice cream and berries.

Blackout soon joined the young hothead, "you alright?"

"Yeah, only so much gogo-silly eyes I can take. I thought it would be nicer outside." Silver Zoom replied.

Blackout gave a dry laugh at his companion's comment. "I hear you. This is a wild time for us all and even with them being a little too sweet sometimes, I'm enjoying this."

Silver Zoom nodded. "Yeah."

Inside the two couples were lost in their own world. They had taken over opposite sides of the table and were enjoying the peaceful moment. Soarin licked the rest of his shared bowel clean then pressed a cold kiss to his mare's snout. Spitfire gigged. Soarin licked her lips. She poked her tongue out at the cheeky stallion.

"Looking good there, Spitty. Wanna go snuggle?"

Spitfire glanced at the other couple in the room. "Sure, why not."


One month later...

Five pegasi flew low over the fast flowing water of the Neighagra falls. Spring had brought a burst of colour to the otherwise tough mountainous landscape. Large trees and shrubs lined the bank of the wide river. Soarin allowed his forehoof to carve a wake as he sped downstream. The normally chilled out colt was second in the pack, his gaze set, movements precise. His wife's tail fluttered in the wind as she led them between gnarled trees, rocks and other protruding obstacles. The team broke off from the main body of water, following a stream into shrubby bushland. Spitfire barrel rolled over a protruding log then tore through some vines. Both wingtip and left hind hoof touched the greenery. Quick to stabilise her areal wobble, the pregnant mare cursed her growing tummy and ascended above the treeline. She motioned for Soarin to hold his course.

The light blue colt pulled up alongside his wife. The concern on his face faded as he checked to make sure she was okay. Spitfire motioned to the party below. “Down there, I didn't ask you to follow me!”

“Had to check! You should be taking it slow.”

“I’m fine! Now go!”

With misgivings clear on his face, Soarin dived to rejoin his companions.

Silver Zoom had taken lead, slowing the breakneck pace to precisely dodge low through the mountainside with its numerous trees, dips and hidden surprises. Soarin looped to the right around a large cluster of trees, splitting from the group as they flew left. With a burst of speed, he careened around, quick to catch the other three as they navigated their way.

Soarin took the lead and forced the trio behind to speed up as they entered a ravine. With a smirk on his otherwise determined face, he zigzagged through the rocky land. After many tight turns and a few near misses, they exploded out through a tight gap into the wide open skies beyond.

Quick to spot a flash of fire high in the sky, Soarin wheeled about and jetted toward the incoming pegasus. The lazily looping Spitfire entered a dive, quick to gain speed as she aimed for the river below. Soarin spiralled high into the sky then followed his wife. Fleetfoot took position to his right while Silver Zoom drifted to his left. Blackout maintained his rear standing, completing their little formation.

High speed winds buffeted the pregnant mare as she held her dive, faster and faster toward the waters till it felt like her flight goggles were about to be ripped off. Sudden fear welled up inside. Her tummy felt as though it slammed into the river as she pulled up, eyes wide. Exhilaration filled Spitfire and she fought with burning wings to slow the crazy speed as she careened downstream. Soarin pulled up alongside, grinning like a crazy pony.

Their party burst over the gigantic waterfall and wheeled about in huge wide circles, their speed fading as they came into land on the porch of their shared home. With heaving breaths, Spitfire almost collapsed in the middle of the hardened cloud veranda.

Soarin was quick to support his lover and they shared wide smiles as they recovered their breaths.

"Good flying everypony..." Spitfire straightened up to address her team. "I think another two runs of the mountainside tomorrow and we will be ready to move on."

"Are you okay?" Fleetfoot asked.

"Of course. This extra weight is killing me, but I'm not giving up yet." Spitfire stepped toward the edge of the cloud and began to stretch her wings.

"How about slowing down?" Blackout asked as he too began warm down stretches. "Pretty sure you nearly took yourself out back there."

Spitfire scoffed. "I'm not some clumsy filly."

"Never said you were." Blackout muttered loudly. "But that's twice one session-"

"I watched you guys as you flew." Spitfire cut the dark pegasus off with stern authority. "You need to hold formation better. The Wonderbolts only ever break formation to roll into another spectacle. Soarin, diverging from the group and rushing through terrain you don't know is dangerous and will lose us all points." Spitfire commanded.

The pale blue colt rolled his eyes as he joined his wife's routine. "But I was only taking over like you wanted me to."

"Don't give me that. If Silver takes the lead. Let him lead. Once I'm unable to lead, he will reclaim pole position."

"Oh... well okay..." Soarin sagged a little, pausing mid stretch.

Fleetfoot sniggered. "Or I could lead."

"No." Spitfire eyed her longtime friend with a critical eye. "I saw how you cut Silver Zoom off, twice."

"Did not."

"I saw that too." Blackout added. A smirk slowly grew on his muzzle as he added; "being at the back means I see things."

"Then you can help be my eyes up close," Spitfire replied. "Because your right Blackout, I will have to slow down, like it or not. May as well be useful while I get fat."

"Spitty... you're not getting fat." Soarin was quick to offer a winged hug.

The firey mare huffed as the blue feathers forced her to sit. "Speak for yourself. My wings feel like they are hauling a train. You have no idea how different the air currents feel."

"That sounds rough," Fleetfoot commented softly.

A soft rumble escaped Soarin's tummy.

"And somepony sounds hungry." Spitfire dryly commented.

"Burned a lota energy. And there's a pie with my name on it." Eager to eat, Soarin headed inside.

"Well, he's easy to please." Blackout smirked as he followed the light blue colt.

"Simpleton." Silver Zoom muttered as he too wandered inside.

Fleetfoot sniggered. "Would you agree, Spitfire?"

The firey pegasus shurgged. "I love him just the way he is. And I agree, it is lunchtime."


With their cloud home high in the sky above, five teenagers played in the water on the opposite side of the large basin created by the giant waterfall. The sun had just begun to descend from its zenith, granting the land below a great deal of warmth in the afternoon.

Breaking off from the water fight, Spitfire allowed herself to float off, pulled toward the center of the lake. The sunny pegasus allowed the struggles of the days flying to fade, wings splayed to her sides and hooves dipping into the cool depths below.

Soarin spotted his mare drifting off. As he was about to join her Blackout biffed water into his face. Soarin shook himself, sinking into the shallows before he bounced back and used his wings to send a return blast. By his side, Fleetfoot received a blast of water from Silver Zoom.

The ice blue mare turned to her darker companion. "Let's get them!"

"Yeah!" Soarin agreed.

The water fight shifted into a frantic team fight. Both pairs of pegasi danced ungainly across the shoreline, sinking into the odd hole as they threw water at their opponents.

Spitfire lifted her chin out of the water a bit to cast an eye at her companions. She smiled and closed her eyes once more. Let them wear themselves out and have fun. Her growing foal was enough of a burden. And honestly, right now she really felt like relaxing.

And the water was nice and cool... the sun on her back sent warm tingles across her mane and down her spine.
This was a glorious day...


A trio of pegasi stood at the door to Fluttershy’s cottage.

Fluttershy withdrew from hugging the proud pegasus who stood outside the door, laden with a well packed saddlebag. Rainbow Dash grinned at her partner and adopted filly. Scootaloo stood inside, by Fluttershy’s side.

“Alright, you’ll be good while I’m gone right?” Rainbow Dash playfully ruffled Scootaloo’s mane.

The orange filly giggled, “of course. I hope they like your flying so much they ask you to join them!” Scootaloo leapt joyfully.

“Then all your dreams will have come true,” Fluttershy added as she gave her mare a quick nuzzle.

Rainbow Dash grinned. “Once the Wonderbolts see me in action they’ll have to say yes.”

"Just keep safe. I'll see you this weekend." Fluttershy promised and gave a quick peck to her lover's cheek.

Rainbow Dash's smile intensified. "I'll be home before you know it Flutters."

Rainbow Dash shared one last kiss with her partner and after a final family hug, departed from her home. Her initial swift take off was halted as she gazed down at her family. She smiled as they both continued to wave up at her. With a final return wave, Rainbow Dash resumed her course, bound for Cloudsdale.

Author's Note:

More.

Finally.
As New Zealand has had gone into lockdown in recent weeks, I've had more time to write.
I think this story is worth the time investment to finish.