• Published 11th Nov 2017
  • 2,009 Views, 69 Comments

Dancing Through Life - MiraculousDragonMaster



A dancer who wishes to shine gets her big chance when her idols announce a competition. But, her jealous stepsisters try to ruin her chances and her growing romance with one of her idols.

  • ...
3
 69
 2,009

Rainbow's Rough Life

Dancing Through Life

Chapter 1

Rainbow's Rough Life

Lights were flashing everywhere in rhythm as pop music started playing. Then, a shadow of a person was shown through all the lights. Then, they stopped and revealed a 18-year-old girl.

The girl had rainbow hair, magenta eyes, cyan skin, and a lean figure. She wore a casual red polo shirt over a black sleeveless tank top and tight black pants, showing off her curves and figure. She smiled confidently as other people came behind her in formation and all of them began dancing, their hands and hips moving in sync, and with style and grace. Then, the rainbow-haired girl started singing while she danced.

Everybody tells me that it's wrong
What I'm feeling,
That I shouldn't believe in,
The dreams I've been dreaming.

I hear it everyday,
I hear it all the time.
I'm never gonna 'mount to much,
But they're never gonna change my mind. Oh!

Tell me, tell me, tell me,
Something I don't know,
Something I don't know,
Something I don't know.

How many inches in a mile?
What it takes to make you smile?
Get ya not to treat me like
A child, baby.

"RAINBOW DASH!"

The girl, now known as Rainbow Dash, snapped out of her daydream, and the scene changed into a dressing room, and her 22-year-old stepsister, Adagio Dazzle, glaring at her. Adagio had golden orange hair, yellow skin, and dark maroon eyes, similar to Rainbow's own, except there was not a speck of kindness in them; only cruelty and pride. Over her dance clothes, she wore a white robe, and make up artists were prepping her with blush and toner to accent her skin tone.

Rainbow, instead of the cool dance outfit in her fantasy, was now wearing a simple white shirt with a tri-colored lightning bolt under a blue sports jacket, a pink and white gym skirt, black leggings, and blue sneaker boots.

"How can I be an artist when you can't be bothered to do your job?" Adagio asked as Rainbow brushed aside her bangs. "Which, by the way, is fetching me bubbly water. Are you trying to ruin me?"

"I'm sorry." Dash apologized. "It won't happen again."

"There are people who would even kill for a job like this. You bubble me now, or you're grounded forever." Adagio threatened. "And stay out of my dressing room."

Dash rolled her eyes with an annoyed huff and went out of the dressing room to follow out her order. This was the actual reality of her life. No dancing, no singing; just work.


Soon, Rainbow Dash got to the waiting room, went over to a cooler and opened it. After scanning through lots of soda cans and bottles of regular water, she found a bottle of bubbly water. But just as she grabbed it out, a hand came over and snatched it away.

"Oh my gosh. Thanks so much, Rainbow Dash." It was Aria Blaze, Dash's second stepsister. She was 18 like her, and she had long purple hair with teal highlights tied up into two long pigtails, her skin a lighter shade of plum than her hair, and her eyes a darker purple. She wore a cream tank top underneath an aqua vest with short jagged sleeves, dark purple pants, and tall boots an even darker shade. And her arms were covered with several armbands.

"That was the last bottle of bubbly, wasn't it?" She said.

Rainbow gave her a sarcastic smile. "No, thank you, Aria." She glared at her, then groaned as she began to search the cooler again. "Adagio's gonna kill me."

"Not my problem." Aria said indifferently.

Just then, Sonata Dusk, Rainbow's third stepsister, came in and beside Aria. She was also 18, and she had cyan skin similar to Dash's own, long cerculean hair with navy blue highlights tied up in a crown-high ponytail, and had matching magenta eyes, except just like her sister, there was not any emotion in them, except when it involves food or boys. She wore a maroon jacket with pink trim along with a matching skirt, a pink shirt underneath, and matching boots with white heels.

"So true." She said as she took out a can of soda from the cooler. "Oh, they told me that you're holding back the whole filming of the video, and that's bad. Because you work for us, in case you forgot."

"Oh, how can I ever forget?" Rainbow Dash said sarcastically as she rummaged through the cooler.

How did Dash end up in this situation? Well, when she was about 12 years old, her parents had adopted Adagio, Aria, and Sonata, who call themselves the Dazzlings, since they were a girl garage band starting out at the time. But then, 2 years later, Rainbow's parents died in an accident. Since Adagio was old enough then to take legal custody of her younger siblings, including Dash, they had remained together. But, they make Rainbow do all the work around the house, while they increased their popularity and became well-known throughout Canterlot City.

The reason why, unknown to Rainbow, was because it was becoming obvious that throughout the years, she was becoming more beautiful than them, and that she has an amazing talent for dancing. So, they always try to bring her down so that she doesn't get more popular than their upcoming band.

"What's with the attitude?" Aria demanded, pretending to seeth through her teeth. "We have been so good to you. Without us, you'd be out on the street."

Rainbow only glared at her before she continued searching around in the cooler.

"You may live in the 90210, but you're still just a zero." Sonata teased.

Dash finally found another bottle of bubbly water at the bottom and closed the cooler. "We live in the 90211, genius." She corrected with a roll of her eyes.

"Rainbow Dash!" Adagio called out from the other room. "Bubbles, now!"

"Coming, Adagio!" Rainbow called back as she ran out of the waiting room, leaving behind a stunned Sonata and Aria.

"Is that true?" Sonata asked her sister.

Aria groaned and rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

Author's Note:

A/N: This time, it's Equestria Girls, but there's no magic. It's an AU based off Another Cinderella Story. I really thought that if I wanted to try this AU, Rainbow Dash would be the best choice for this Cinderella character. I could easily picture her doing all those dance moves.

As for the Dazzlings, I'm pretty sure there's no explanation. And who would've thought of three stepsisters?

I'll see y'all in the next chapter, where Rainbow Dash might see an opportunity to show her stuff. Please let me know about what you guys think.

Got to fly!