• Published 11th Nov 2017
  • 2,004 Views, 69 Comments

Dancing Through Life - MiraculousDragonMaster



A dancer who wishes to shine gets her big chance when her idols announce a competition. But, her jealous stepsisters try to ruin her chances and her growing romance with one of her idols.

  • ...
3
 69
 2,004

Intense Lunch

Dancing Through Life

Chapter 5

Intense Lunch

A few minutes later, Rainbow Dash entered her "home" with two large bags of groceries in her arms. But before she could quickly escape into the kitchen, Aria and Sonata were there, waiting in the living room, sneering and ready to confront her.

"I have crab puffs to make." Dash said, trying to get past them.

"Then you know who's coming over." Aria said.

"No?" Rainbow raised a confused brow.

"Oh, it's just the Wonderbolts." Sonata said, trying to suppress a squeal. "And your crush, Soarin'."

Dash rolled her eyes. "I don't have a crush on Soarin'."

"Oh, really?" Aria asked suspiciously. "Then, what's this?" She held up a worn out picture of a younger Soarin' with a red heart around his face.

Rainbow blushed crimson red and grabbed the picture. "You went through my stuff?!" She demanded.

"Our house, our ways." Aria said, glaring at her.

Dash groaned as she folded the picture and stuffed it in her school bag. "That was in middle school. Besides, people like me don't belong with people like him."

"Finally, we agree on something, Rainbow Dash." Sonata said. "Do you really you ever stood a chance?"

Rainbow glared at her. "No." She hissed before pushing her way past her stepsisters. "Now if you will excuse me."

As Dash was prepping the lunch, she thought of Soarin', and of their hidden history. Back in middle school, before he, Spitfire, and Fleetfoot became famous and formed the Wonderbolts, she used to have an itty bitty thing for him. But, he was already popular, while she was just a newbie nobody playing sports non-stop and starting to get in the spotlight.

When they first entered high school, Rainbow decided to move on from him, especially since her parents were gone, while Soarin' formed the Wonderbolts in honor of their high school. Since then, she erased all affection she had for him and just focused on school, sports, and dancing. Or, at least she thought all affection was gone.


An hour later, the Wonderbolts were sitting with the Dazzlings at the table. Soarin' was seated in between Spitfire and Fleetfoot to avoid Aria and Sonata. Adagio was seated at the head of the table, ready to get down to business. Cheese Sandwich was the only one who was really eating.

"I am so glad you were able to meet with us today." Adagio said a little too sweetly. She then snapped her fingers. "Rainbow Dash." She called.

The name made Soarin' perk up a bit. That name sounded familiar, and it seemed to fit the identity of that girl who had been haunting him all day. What if it was her?

Rainbow was about to enter when she saw the Wonderbolts seated down at the table. "Oh, yikes." She whispered before she pulled up her hood that she was wearing and shielded her face with the plate of drinks she was bringing in.

The Wonderbolts, including Cheese, were curious about the girl that was about to serve them. They couldn't see her hair or face. Soarin' in particular raised an eyebrow. Was she shy or hiding from them? If not so, then who? Was this the girl who was radiating confidence and style back in the dance studio?

The Dazzlings, however, didn't seem to notice their stepsister's strange attitude as Rainbow Dash poured them their drinks. "We are so looking forward to our collaboration." Aria said, smirking at Soarin'.

"We have already told you." Spitfire said annoyed. "We are not doing any work with you."

"Why not?" Sonata asked, making puppy eyes, directing them mostly to Soarin', but he wasn't fazed.

"It's not what we are looking for." Fleetfoot tried to explain.

"And what is that?" Adagio asked, slowly losing her cool.

"We are looking for style, confidence, and passion." Soarin' said. "And not everyone has that."

"Well, there's no one else better that has all that than us." Aria said.

"No offense, but as their manager, I say that you three are not what makes a good performance." Cheese Sandwich said. By now, Rainbow was now serving them some salad. "I think we're done here."

The Dazzlings huffed. Soarin' mentally thanked his best friend for that save. "Thanks for everything." But just as he stood up and was about to leave, he bumped into Dash, making her drop the salad bowl. Shredded parmesan cheese, shrimp, and lettuce went flying everywhere, making everyone cry out, while Soarin' brought Rainbow down to the ground with him, her hood slipping off her head.

"We keep meeting like this." Dash groaned as she wiped cheese off her face.

Soarin' though, was in shock. This Rainbow Dash was the girl he had bumped into before! The same girl who was dancing like a star at the studio. And her name fit her to a T; with her stunning prismatic hair. But, why was she hiding herself from everyone? She didn't seem like the girl who would be shy. Also, now that he was really looking at her, she did seem familiar. Like they had met before.

But then, he realized that he was hovering on top of her, his hands on either side of her to keep himself up. In order to not make it seem awkward, he picked up a shrimp tail. "You do know you have shrimp in your hair." He said, trying to be witty. It seemed to work as Rainbow rolled her eyes with a small smile.

Cheese then helped Soarin' up. "You okay?" He asked.

Soarin' could only nod as he helped Dash get back up on her feet. He then saw Adagio coming up from behind her, fuming mad. Cheese decided to guide him with the others and away from the angry Dazzling.

"Rainbow Dash, you will clean this room spotless in 30 minutes!" She ordered. Soarin' flinched when he heard her furious tone. Rainbow must have it hard.

Adagio threw down a shrimp tail that was hanging from her hair. "And your phone privileges are gone for a month! Hand it over!"

Dash rolled her eyes with annoyance and handed her oldest stepsister her cell phone. "Clean!" Adagio commanded with a growl, then ran to catch up with everyone else.

Rainbow looked around the dining room. Food was everywhere, from the table to the floor. This is so not gonna be awesome. She thought as she started to clear away the dishes.

Author's Note:

A/N: Okay, before some of you start complaining, I'll explain this. Most of this scene I hate because there were some nasty stuff in it, and some parts made me want to slap my forehead and say, "Are you kidding me?!". That's why I didn't make this luncheon as tense as it could be. I mean, who asks such stupid questions? It's ridiculous! :facehoof:

Anyhow, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Please let me know what you think. They are highly appreciated. See y'all in Chapter 6!

Got to fly! ;)