• Published 11th Nov 2017
  • 2,003 Views, 69 Comments

Dancing Through Life - MiraculousDragonMaster



A dancer who wishes to shine gets her big chance when her idols announce a competition. But, her jealous stepsisters try to ruin her chances and her growing romance with one of her idols.

  • ...
3
 69
 2,003

The Spring Fling

Dancing Through Life

Chapter 8

The Spring Fling

At Canterlot High later that evening, the Spring Fling was in full swing. Everyone was enjoying themselves, dancing and mingling with each other as the music was playing. And like Rarity said, it was a masked dance, so everyone was wearing colorful masks.

Aria and Sonata were looking around the gym, trying to see if they could find the Rainbooms. Aria was wearing a black and purple dress with metal studs on the bodice and she had a matching mask on part of her face. Sonata wore a light blue dress with silver trim on the skirt and she was holding a mask over her eyes.

"I don't see those Rainbooms anywhere." Sonata said. "Can we do and dance now, Aria?" She asked.

"Not yet." Aria said. "Once those Rainbooms notice that Rainbow Dash isn't here, then they can't perform their song for the dance. And guess who will come to the rescue?"

"The DJ?" Sonata asked.

Aria slapped an open palm against her face and mask. "No, us!" She corrected her sister. Her anger soon vanished as a sly grin came on her face. "We'll see who is the better band yet."

Sonata then noticed someone leaving the gym. She had on a pretty purple, white, and yellow ruffled dress down to her knees, short sleeves, and purple shoes. Her pink poofy hair was tied into a side ponytail with a peppermint tie, a purple and white striped with a yellow center bow was clipped to the side, and she had a yellow domino mask on her face.

"Is that Pinkie Pie?" She asked, pointing to the masked girl. Aria also saw her, and a grimace came on her face.

"Come on." She said, grabbing her arm.

Soon, they had followed Pinkie into an empty hallway. But, she had vanished. The two Dazzlings looked around, wondering where she had went.

The sound of a closing door caught their attention. Sonata saw the supply closet door close, and she and Aria went inside.

"Where did she go?" Aria growled.

"Hi-ya!" A chipper voice called out. The two Dazzlings spun around just in time to see Pinkie shut the door and locked it. "See ya!" She then skipped away while humming, ignoring the bangs and shouts from inside the supply closet.


The dance was still going on. Spitfire was wearing a knee-length navy blue dress with a matching mask, Fleetfoot wore a similar dress and mask, except silver.

Soarin', though, was glad that it was a masked dance. No one will know who he is. He was wearing a nice tuxedo with a black mask. Beside him drinking some fizzy apple cider was Cheese, who was wearing a white tuxedo, a matching mask, and a matching top hat on his curly brown hair.

Cheese noticed that Soarin' was looking around the gym, as if he was looking for something. Or maybe, someone.

"You okay, Soarin'?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He assured him. "I'm just..."

"Looking for that pretty girl you bumped into earlier?" Cheese guessed with a sly smirk and a wiggle of his eyebrows.

Soarin' blushed a bright red. "No!" He denied. But Cheese wasn't buying it.

"Come on, dude. You have distracted by that girl ever since you saw her this morning." He pointed out. "And, it's not every day that someone like you gets his eye on a girl. And a really attractive one at that."

Soarin' felt his whole face exploding with heat. "Don't bother to deny it. Because I could just keep this up." Cheese added.

Soarin' looked over at the cups with fizzy apple cider. "Then, I won't." He finally said, admitting the truth. Cheese smiled and pumped his fist.

"Count me in on helping you hook up with her." He said.

"Cheese!" Soarin' reprimanded. But before he could say anything more, a speaker came on.

"Hey, Wondercolts!" The DJ said. "You all enjoying the night?" Her answer was a lot of cheering. "Well, get ready to shake your tail, because we have a special performance tonight. Please welcome our all-time favorite school band, the Rainbooms!"

Soarin' wasn't paying attention to the loud cheering of the students cheering loudly. To him, the blood pounding in his ears was all he could hear. The Rainbooms? He heard Spitfire mention them earlier, saying that she wished that they could do a collaboration with them instead of the Dazzlings. It sounded a lot like Rainbow Dash.

Seven girls came onto the dark stage. One came behind the silhouette of drums, two each picked up a guitar, another girl picked up a bass, one picked up a keytar, another took hold of a tambourine, while the last one got behind a microphone.

Lights began flashing everywhere as the band started to clap in sync to the rhythm. The crowd started clapping along. Seven girls then began to sing.

Rainbooms: We used to fight with each other. (Oh, whoa-oh, whoa-oh, whoa-oh)
That was before we discovered, (Oh, whoa-oh, whoa-oh, whoa-oh)
That when your friendship is real, (Oh, whoa-oh, whoa-oh, whoa-oh)
Yeah, you just say what ya feel.

And the music, yeah, the music
Gets us to the top,
As we learn how the rainbow...
rainbow rocks!

The spotlights then flashed bright, lighting up the stage and the Rainbooms.

Twilight was wearing a turquoise dress with daisies on the hemline, her hair curled, matching shoes, and a matching turquoise domino mask on her face with yellow sparkles and trim.

Applejack was wearing an apple green dress with red roses as embroidery on the bodice, brown dressy cowgirl boots, a matching apple green Stetson hat on her head, and a matching apple green domino mask on her face with red trim.

Fluttershy was wearing a peacock-themed dress, sea green low-heeled shoes, a peacock feather hair clip in her hair, and a dark teal domino mask was on her face with lighter aqua trim.

Rarity was wearing a purple and blue dress with matching diamonds on the embroidery, a matching hair clip in her hair, matching heels, and a plum purple domino mask with light blue sparkles and trim.

Sunset was wearing a dress that had three shades of magenta with a gem in the center of the bodice, dark magenta heels, and a matching dark magenta domino mask on her face with a lighter shaded trim.

But, Soarin' only had eyes on Rainbow Dash. She was wearing a dress that had an orange bodice and a light purple skirt with stars. On her feet were gold dress boots, and on her face was a light purple domino mask with gold swirls and trim.

However, Cheese couldn't take his eyes off of Pinkie Pie at the drums. Soarin' saw that and hid a smirk. At least that would be good payback for later. Right now, the Rainbooms were still singing.

Applejack: You can pick up the bass,

Rainbooms: (Oh, whoa-oh, whoa-oh, whoa-oh)

Rainbow Dash: And you can play the guitar.

Rainbooms: (Oh, whoa-oh, whoa-oh, whoa-oh)

Pinkie Pie: You can bang on the drums,

Rainbooms: (Oh, whoa-oh, whoa-oh, whoa-oh)

Twilight: Or you can sing like a star!

Soarin' was just absolutely amazed. How much more awesome can this girl be? She is attractive, a top athlete in school, she dances, she plays the guitar, and she sings? Just what can't she do?

Rainbooms: And the music, yeah, the music
Gets us to the top,
As we learn how the rainbow...
rainbow rocks!

As we learn how the rainbow...
rainbow rocks!

The song ended with an awesome finish, and the students were all cheering as the Rainbooms placed their instruments back and got off the stage to let the DJ take over.

Immediately, Soarin' made a beeline for Rainbow. "Hey." He greeted.

Rainbow froze for a second when she heard someone call her name. She then saw a familiar boy wearing a tuxedo and a black mask. But, she had a feeling she knew who that was.

"Soarin'?" She asked quietly for him to hear, because it was a masked dance. And she had a suspicion that if fangirls knew who he was, it would be mayhem in the gym.

"You were awesome up there." He said.

"Thanks." She said, rubbing her arm, feeling a little flustered.

A pop song then started to play. Soarin' then had an idea on how to keep her around. "I heard that you got some real slick moves." He said, making Rainbow raise an eyebrow. "I want to know if that's true."

"Is that a challenge, Mr. Wonder Boy?" She asked, a challenging smirk coming up on her face.

"If it is, do you accept?" He asked, holding his hand to her.

Dash took it. "You're on."

Soarin' did a victory fist pump in his mind. He pulled Rainbow closer, and held their closed hands out, while his free hand went to her back. Rainbow placed her free hand on his shoulder, and the two of them began to dance.

The Rainbooms, whether they were dancing or at the buffet table, saw Rainbow and Soarin' dancing to the music and all smiled. Their plan was working like a charm.

The feeling that Rainbow was having couldn't be described. It was like she could finally be free; no stepsisters, no nagging, and no hiding. It was exhilarating. Her feet were moving in sync as Soarin' twirled her out, then in.

All too soon though, the music ended, and another song came on. Dash didn't want whatever she was feeling to end. A smile came on her face as she dragged Soarin' off the dance floor.

"Come on." She said, starting to laugh.

Her laugh was like music to Soarin's ears, and it was contagious as he started laughing as well. The two of them then left the gym and went outside to the school courtyard.

Author's Note:

A/N: Was this worth it? Please let it be a yes. My brain was hurting from having to think on how this whole thing could go.

Sorry that this chapter took freaking forever. I lost the movie again, and I had a lot of school work so I had to cut back on writing a bit. I had to lock Aria and Sonata up, because even with a mask, they would know that it was Rainbow Dash, for obvious reasons.

The song I used for the Rainbooms to sing is "Rainbow Rocks", the theme song for the second Equestria Girls movie. I don't own it in any way. And for the song that the two soon-to-be lovebirds were dancing to, listen to the song "Glowing in the Dark". It's a really cool song, and it makes me want to dance every time I hear it.

https://m.

Well, I'll see y'all in the next chapter, but I'm not making any promises on when it will come. Depending on school and other things, who knows when? Please let me know about what you think.

Got to fly! ;)