• Published 11th Nov 2017
  • 358 Views, 0 Comments

Ending of New Beginnings - TopHat Demon



Time has an end, might as well have story to go with it.

  • ...
 0
 358

Chapter 9

Pixel walked over to the two mares who cuddled closely to each other in fear and fright from the fight.

“Please tell me your okay... for the last time... just answer me.” He said leaning against the wall his hooves fiddleing with his butterfly knife.

“We’re fine Pixel...” Petal Cord replied digging through Pixel bag for a drink. Sunside confronted the three ponies and Interduced herself.

“My name is Officer Sunside, and you must be Petal Cord and Sunset Cloud?” She asked, the two mare nodded. “Let me interduce the rest of the group to you. This right here is Daybreak.” She said pointing at the stallion who was inspecting the corpse of the creature. “The Pegasus over there is Winter. And the one drinking over there is Buzzkill.” Pixel Gave a confusing look towards Buzzkill that appearently is drinking a bottle of beer.

“So do you guys have ranks?” Asked Sunset Cloud. Sunside smiled and shook her head.

“We do in the military, but not here. I’m should be Sargent Sunside, but I like being called Officer. Winter over there should be Private Winter, and then there’s Corporal Buzzkill, Daybreak should be Luitennant Daybreak.”

“Who are the other two ponies?” Pixel asked pointing to the other two ponies leaning next to the wall talking to each other.

“Their Caster and Ash. Their twins. The only way we can identify them is their voice, which is why they always wear the masks. So we don’t get them confused with each other.” She looked at Pixel’s bag real quick. “This is what you’ve been using in this hell hole.”

“No. you forgot about the rifle and the handgun.” Petal Cord commented, Pixel chuckled to himself. Pixel stood up straight and popped his back. Sunset cloud cringed at the noise.

“So...where to now?” Pixel asked taking a step. He fell groaning in pain. Petal cord jumped up and walked towards Pixel

“Oh goodness, Pixel did you hurt your leg again?”

“Maybe...” Pixel replied clutching his leg.

“Hey Caster! We need medical attention!” Sunside yelled at the unicorn. He jumped slightly and ran towards them.

“What’s the trouble?” He asked looking at Pixel’s hoof. “Oh wow. That will leave a mark.”

“Is it that bad??” Asked Sunset Cloud giveing a disgusting look.

“Just a broken leg... nothing too serious!” Sunset Cloud held her mouth trying no to throw up, and petal cord screamed at Caster.

“Just a Broken leg?! Nothing too... SERIOUS?! Listen buddy we went through hell and with no injuries except a few scratches and brusies. These creatures have done nothing to us, why do you say that these creatures has hurt Pixel by he broken a bone!”

“Calm Down! Petal Cord!” Sunside yelled. Caster came up with a conclusion.

“We don’t know why these creatures are attacking each of us. But all we know is that these creatures, or monsters as we call them, seem to go after Pixel here first. Based on what I’ve seen.”

“This Chapter seemes to be all dialogue instead of fast action.” Pixel commented, the three ponies looked at Pixel with a confused look. “Never mind what I say it’s usally just comments that normally get me in trouble...”.

“Again all we know is that these creatures are going after Pixel for no apparent reason. It’s most likely that he will be the only one that might get hurt a lot here.” Caster finished useing his magic to make a cast around Pixel’s hoof, Pixel got up steadily and tested his hoof.

“That feels a lot better!” Pixel said testing the cast by walking forward and then backwards, “What did you Put in this cast?”

“Just a simple protection spell, should last longer than a week.” Caster replied, walking towards the Corpse Daybreak was inspecting. Pixel walked by Petal cord and whispered in her ear.

“Doctor’s orders.” Petal cord laughed and quickly shut herself up. Pixel walked over to his rifle on the ground next to where the Creatures corpse was and Picked it up.

“Is that a M-16?” Winter said walking over, looking at the gun. Pixel inspected it nodded. Winter pulled up a rifle but it looked different, almost futuristic. “This right here is an AK-63, made by me and also shot by me. Any questions about shooting lessons? Come ask me.” Pixel hesitated and nodded slowly. Pixel wrapped the gun on his back and pulled the handgun into seethed position.

“Hey... Sunside! You might want to take a look at this!” Daybreak called out. Sunside walked over to where Daybreak was standing and looked at the corpse. The corpse was decaying, knowing that it is dead, but something was off about it. Day break pointed at a spot on the corpse and found something interesting.

“I’ll be Damned!” Sunside gasped, the spot on the corpse was speaking, softly but still able to hear.

“Keep....thy....soul.....keep.....thy.....life......keep thy....Pixel...” the corpse said, When Pixel heard his name he lifted his head towards the corpse. “Keep....running.....from....the.....demons......grasp....keep....thy.....Pixel....safe....”. Daybreak looked at Pixel and then at the corpse. “The....exit....is....not....here.....keep....running....from.....the.....darkness.....find ......the,....light.”
And the corpse fell silent. The group all looked at Pixel.

“Unhhhhh.... Okay.....” Pixel said backing up awakwardly. The corpse just spoke and it taked about Pixel. How weird can this day get?


“Dad? When will Pixel come home?” Whined Silverstone. Talon sat next to his father as he spoke.

“We don’t know, silverstone. He’s just lost... and we are here to find him..” Their dad replied, looking at Talon. He had a depressed face. “We all miss him very much, if I hadn’t cared that Pixel was missing I wouldn’t be here right now. But I want all of us to be strong, including your mom.”

“But what if he doesn’t come back?” Talon asked quietly. With that question their dad gave a sigh.

“I don’t know... but here is the thing, I went and inspected the shooting at the school, we caught the guy who was shooting at the crowd and he said that demons possessed him. I don’t believe nonsense like that. When I went to inspect the bodies everywhere, I couldn’t find Pixel’s. And that gave me strength knowing that Pixel is still alive. Lost but alive.”

Author's Note:

Two chapters in one day, noice. Enjoy this one of a kind chapter.