• Published 11th Nov 2017
  • 354 Views, 0 Comments

Ending of New Beginnings - TopHat Demon



Time has an end, might as well have story to go with it.

  • ...
 0
 354

Chapter 5

The dark staircase that was reached by Pixel's flashlight seem to give off a Erie sensation, The Mares close behind Pixel gave nervous glances.

“So... Pixel,” Sunset Cloud said breaking the silence, “Why are you using a flash light when you can make your horn glow?”

“Actually it’s quite simple actually, when a unicorn uses magic for the first time, Like a levitation spell. After trying for a little while they start to feel tired...” Sunset Cloud nodded as Pixel continued, “...this is why we practice in using these spells. I know it doesn’t answer the question but there is an entire reason for that two. Remember in Social Studies, the Unicorn and Pegasi war? Well that’s when they figured out when some unicorn uses too much magic in one sitting... they can either kill themselves or go mad at the true power of these spells. Even though the unicorns won, they promised not to use too much magic over hours and hours on end.” Pixel finished gasping for breath.

“That was a long story... it almost took up half the chapter.” Petal Cord commented, Sunset Cloud gave a confused look to Petal cord and Pixel laughted. Soon without warning Pixel tripped and fell down the stairs rolling, he soon landed at the bottom of the stairs.

“Oh that hurt! That is not like the cartoons!” He said popping his back when he stood up. He looked where he landed and found something surpriseing. He was in a bedroom. The bedroom was about the size of a modern kitchen, the walls were painted with a bright blue paint. There were also pictures on the walls but they were a bit to blurry to see. Pixel walked around the room for a bit pulling out his handgun, Sunset Cloud was the one to break the silence when she stepped into the room.

“Wait... is this.. My Room? But... how can we be here?” Sunset Cloud gasped fluttering over to the desk in the corner, she rumaged through the drawer and pulled out a book. Pixel glanced at it but then looked away, it might be her diary. Petal cord trotted around the room looking through the selves that hung over the windowsill. “Dammit guys! Dont look through my stuff!!”

Pixel jerked out of the closet real fast pulling out his handgun. Aiming it at the closet he yelled to the two mares “Get away from the closet!” Sunset Cloud gave a frightened look and backed away from Pixel. Petal cord also backed away as Pixel opened the closet door very slowly. A shrill filled the room as a small white creature jumped at Pixel, Pixel screamed and fired a couple shots at the white creature. Sadly, Pixel missed his target by a inch and the creature jumped on Pixel’s leg bitting him. The mares screeched loudly as the creature soon started to turn it’s target towards them. Pixel, who was crying in pain, shot the handgun again. The creature’s head exploded as a gray goo spilled across the floor, Petal Cord panted heavily as Sunset Cloud burst into tears sobbing. Pixel pounded the floor angerliy as the pain in his hoove intensified, using his magic he quickly bandaged it up.

“What... the Buck.... was that!?!!” Petal Cord yelled trying not to throw up. Pixel shrugged and looked back at the corpse laying on the ground. He recognized the shape of the creature, it was the same shape as a normal pony, the size of it could mean that this creature was a filly. With deeper inspection the filly had a bit of flesh ripped off of it’s hoove and on some parts of the body. Pixel limped closer to the corpse, the closer he got the more details came to notice. The creature wasn’t exactly white, just been grayed for a long period of time. The mane was short but still had color, red strips with orange glow. Pixel looked at it longer and harder before looking at Sunset Cloud and Petal Cord, who were still sitting there in shock.

“Oh... No....NoNonononono!!” Pixel gasped loudly, “Oh my Celestia... What have I done...!!” Pixel was going crazy now, so crazy that Petal cord had to smack his face.

“Well what the hell is that thing!! Tell us if you know!!!” Petal cord yelled, Pixel rubbed his cheek and looked back at the corpse, nearby the corpse was Sunset Cloud who was staring at it. She began to cry loudly, sobbing in her coat as she fell next to the corpse. Pixel hanged his head and turned back to Petal Cord.

“That..That is Sunset Clouds... Younger Brother... Jackhammer. My younger sisters... friend.” Pixel replied solemnly. Petal cord gasped and looked at the corpse again tears in her eyes.

“Oh my... I’m sorry...” Petal cord said backing away slowly. Pixel walked over to Sunset Cloud and patted her back lightly. Reassuring her that things will be alright.


Pixel packed his bags and heaved them onto his back, Pixel had no clue where to go from here but he had a suspicion that the door on the right wall was there way out. The room was dead silent, a few whimpers came from Sunset Cloud. It grew Pixel apprehensive the longer he was in the room, it felt like something was watching him. Pixel opened the door to find another set of stairs leading into the dark. Like the one before. Petal cord saw this and nudged Sunset Cloud to follow but she didn’t move. Petal cord tried again, she still didn’t move. Pixel rolled his eyes and walked to the depressed Pegasus.

“You know that wasn’t Jackhammer...” Pixel sighed “That...thing... it might...look like Jackhammer But it’s not, you know this and so do I...” Pixel paused for a response. Sunset Cloud looked up tears staining her face. “You know things about Jackhammer that I will never know. Right now we are in a spot in another world -that’s my theory- somethings can be different or the same. And for this... this is different. Very Different.

Author's Note:

After the holidays of thanks giving I have finally finished chapter five of this novel. Hope you enjoyed it.