• Published 21st Oct 2017
  • 2,268 Views, 34 Comments

An Imperial Occupation - part time pony



The Galactic Empire has suffered it's largest defeat yet, the destruction of the Death Star. Shortly after the completion of the Executor, Darth Vader is on a misson to conquer a new planet for the Galactic Empire, that planet happens to be Equestira

  • ...
8
 34
 2,268

Skirmish

While the majority of the Death Squadron was in the orbit of the planet, the Executor and the Behemoth were in the Atmosphere, surveying the landscape for threats.
Onboard the Executor was Owyn. Undercover in the Empire and reporting everything back to the Rebellion.
Lately, he had nothing to report and the Rebellion was even considering to transfer him to a hit & run squadron but he had found a goldmine of intel.
Not only did he discover a new planet for the Rebellion but new species, species that could help the Rebellion.

The only question was if Owyn could successfully report it back without getting caught.
Owyn was confident he could do it, for the last 2 hours he had been looking for a spot to call the Rebellion but he had no luck. That was until he stumbled upon the Service Hatch for repairs to the engines.

Owyn looked left and right to see if there was anyone that could see him, to his luck there was no one. Not even a mouse droid.
He crouched down and turned the seal on the hatch towards the left, unlocking the hatch in doing so.
He looked around again but there was no one.
He lifted the hatch and descended using the ladder, once he was down he closed the catch and went on to find a good spot.
The only downside with the service hatch was that it was right next to the engines so he could hear the powerful sound that almost made him deaf.

But that wasn't going to stop him from contacting the Rebellion.
Owyn looked around the last time before pulling out the hologram display out of his pocket and contacting the Rebellion.
He waited a few seconds before a blue imagine was displayed.
Owyn knew what he had to say and he knew it was likely that the Empire would find the transmission but it was a risk he had to take.

"This is Fulcrum speaking. I am currently onboard the Executor, my cover has been good without any issues.
I'm sending this transmission to inform the Rebellion that the Empire has discovered a new system. Equestria.
The system currently only has one planet and a moon, but I think it's much bigger.
The main Planet Equestria is inhabited by different species, some of them being called Ponies and Griffons," Owyn said.

| - - - - - - - |

"Lord Vader, we have a transmission currently being transmitted from this ship heading to the rebellion." Captain Darren said.

"Locate the transmission's location at once." Darth Vader responded and left the bridge he was on.

Using the force he attempted to guide himself towards the transmission, he could see a room, with loud noises being generated from it. No doubt it had to be the Service hatch next to the engines the Sith Apprentice thought.

| - - - - - - - |

"As for other information it doesn't seem that this planet has the technology that the galaxy posses, but it from what I've heard it is a very clean and beautiful place. I also got information that there are fugitives on the run, apparently high-value targets and having to do with the planet's old monarchy or something. I can't confirm these rumors but I bet they're authentic.
I'm afraid my cover has been blown by this transmission, I will see what I can do to escape before I get cau-" Owyn was lifted off the ground by the force.
At the same time, he couldn't breathe, he moved his hands upwards towards his throat where he tried to breathe normally but to no avail.
Eventually, he was then turned around and to his surprise, he saw Darth Vader and two Stormtroopers with blue markings on their armor.
He recognized those markings as the ones that the 501st wear, also known as Vader's fist.
He could see the Sith Lord pull out his lightsaber and it illuminating a red light. He knew what was about to happen.

Suddenly he felt being pulled by the force towards the lightsaber and then it hit.
The lightsaber went right inside, going through his abdomen like it was nothing.
He looked at Darth Vader before his eyes switched off. Owyn was dead.

Vader switched off his lightsaber and let the body fall down towards the floor.
Unfortunately, Vader didn't come in time to stop the transmission from being sent. But at least the Rebellion didn't have the coordinates. Unless they were to track where the transmission came from.

| - - - - - - - |

"Princess! We've got a transmission from Fulcrum!" A Rebel Officer shouted the Command Center of Echo Base.

"Patch it through, we need to know what Fulcrum has to say." Princess Leia said.

The Rebel Officer did so, tapping on the buttons on the large hologram display. When the officer was done he pressed a button next to Leia and the logo of Fulcrum appeared on the display.

'This is Fulcrum speaking. I am currently onboard the Executor, my cover has been good without any problems.
I'm sending this transmission to inform the Rebellion that the Empire has discovered a new system, Equestria.
The system currently only has one planet and a moon, but I think it's much bigger.
The main Planet Equestria is inhabited by different species, some of them being called Ponies and Griffons,' said Fulcrum through his distorted voice to cover his identity.

'As for other information it doesn't seem that this planet has the technology that the galaxy posses, but it from what I've heard it is a very clean and beautiful place. I also got information that there are fugitives on the run, apparently high-value targets and having to do with the planet's old monarchy or something. I can't confirm these rumors but I bet they're authentic.'

I'm afraid my cover has been blown by this transmission, I will see what I can do to escape before I get cau-'
It was at that stop that the transmission ended.

"We have no clue why the transmission ended short but our guess is that he was unfortunately caught in the middle of it." The officer said.

Leia didn't respond. To her when a rebel died was the almost the same feeling when her homeworld of Aldeeran was destroyed by the Death Star. Over a billion people died on that day, including her adoptive father Prince and former Senator Bail Organa and adoptive mother Queen Breha Organa.
She of course still carried the title "Princess". Everyone in the Rebellion used, seeing it as a better title than "Ma'am."

| - - - - - - - |

Although the Empire never did bomb or attack a civilization at this large scale to bring them into the Empire they did this time as they had no intel if they had any defenses. Not to mention that they learned that the Unicorns had magic which could be used to attack Stormtroopers.
But it raised a bigger issue, the bombing runs had done their job. Maybe even overdone it because the Empire now had to rebuild Equestria. Cities like Ponyville lay in ruins, often nopony walking in the streets.

But miles away from Ponyville was Twilight, her friends, Luna and Cadance. Running from the Empire. They knew the Windigos and other horrible disasters could come if the Empire wasn't driven away, but they had nothing to match them. Not even something to at least injure a Stormtrooper.

Sure they had destroyed an AT-AT but they had been lucky because that AT-AT was very close to not tipping over in fact
Their best chance was if someone could help them. In the past, everyone relied on Twilight Sparkle to help them in events like these. But now, all of them including Twilight were hoping for a miracle. Someone to help them. Maybe a defector or another faction that comes from the same place as them but with the intention of helping the ponies instead of enslaving and killing them.

Fortunately, the Rebellion was here to help but they didn't know. They didn't know that far far away there as an alliance trying to figure out the location from where the Transmission of Owyn came from. They knew it came from Equestria, but Equestria didn't exist on the map of the galaxy.
The Unknown Regions were known for one thing. Its name, everything here was unknown and barely anything of the Unknown Regions was even discovered.
Unfortunately for the Rebels, the Empire had likely better maps thanks to Grand Admiral Thrawn who spent his time in the Unknown Regions, exploring and preparing defenses for the Empire. Defenses against an unknown species.

Those species were the Yuuzhan-Vong, but Thrawn had no idea about that.
Only them and some Chiss knew about them.
In truth the Yuuzhan-Vong had prepared to attack the galaxy for more than 20 years, it was a question when and not if it was gonna come.

| - - - - - - - |

The group of escaping ponies had probably run for an hour straight when they decided to stop when it was time for the lowering the sun and raising the moon, but there was a problem. The sun hadn't been lowered yet which meant the moon couldn't rise.
But Celestia wasn't here, she couldn't lower the sun because she was held captive, likely onboard one of the Imperial Ships, even though Twilight had once done the job of raising and lowering the sun and moon it was a challenge for Luna as she didn't have all the Alicorn powers, only her own.
But Luna was confident, she always was, she could theoretically do the job with the downside of being extremely exhausted afterward.

"Luna, are you sure you're going to be able to lower the sun and raise the moon at the same time? Are you sure you don't want help?" Twilight asked the older Princess.

"Thank you Twilight Sparkle for volunteering but I should do this alone, for everypony's safety," Luna responded.

She took a few steps forward and positioned herself.
Then she lighted up her horn, creating a blue aura around it.
The sun began to go down slowly, but it was evident that the Princess was struggling. Sweat could be seen coming from her from exhaustion.
The sun came down and now she had to raise the moon with the little energy she had left.

Slowly the moon became visible and not long after it was in its right position.
With the moon came the stars and the constellations, it always was a beautiful sight but not when elsewhere there were innocent ponies

| - - - - - - - |

"Lord Vader...." Palpatine said.

"Yes my lord?" Darth Vader asked.

"I have new orders.. for you....
Move the fleet to the Outer Rim and look for young Skywalker and his puny rebel friends."

"But my lord, who shall provide Security here?"

"Do not worry about that... Grand Admiral Thrawn is on his way, so is Captain Pallaeon.."

The Sith Master disappeared from the display, with that Darth Vader rise up and left the meditation chamber heading to the bridge.
The doors to the bridge opened, Captain Darren was on the bridge and looking at the landscape but quickly turned around when he heard Darth Vader's presence.

"Captain, order all Imperial Forces except for the ones stationed on the Behemoth to return to their ship now and make the jump to Hyperspace when finished." Darth Vader ordered.

"Yes my Lord."

Darren quickly went over to a Navigator and got his attention, relaying the orders to the Navigator.

| - - - - - - - |

Pinkie Pie always saw happiness, even on dark days like these she couldn't stop smiling and jump without stopping. Some ponies considered it unnatural but to her, it was natural and her friends knew it as well.
While her friends and the two Princesses were resting at an abandoned lodge, Pinkie did the honors of making sure no Imperials were in the area. That was until she could hear a loud noise coming from behind her.
At first, she thought it was an animal but on closer inspection, she saw that the giant dark ship was leaving.

The Pink mare quickly ran inside the lodge to alert her friends who thought she was joking. But when they heard the noise they realized Pinkie was right.

"Aw yeah! We made those cowards run!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Do not jump to conclusions Rainbow Dash. The smaller ship is still here and is not leaving by the looks of it." Luna responded.

Even though she didn't know it, Luna was right. The Executor was on it's way to run some of Palpatine's other errands. One of them was finding Luke Skywalker and destroying the new Rebel Base.

Suddenly though, sounds could be heard. They were unclear but the group could make it out as words, and it didn't sound like ponies.

"I heard something here."
After that a sound of something being turned on could be heard, unknowingly it was an E-11 Blaster having it's safety turned off.

The group now knew who it was, the Imperials. They quickly hid from them, not wanting to attract attention and having to run again, especially not when some of them were exhausted.

Then another voice could be heard, coming from another Stormtrooper, probably a high rank.
"Probably just some wildlife, regroup at Sector 7B with Task Force-Bravo."
With that, the Imperials went away.

One week later

The Chimaera along with numerous other Star Destroyers were in orbit of the planet, onboard the Chimaera was none other than Grand Admiral Thrawn. But he wasn't on the bridge overseeing the defenses or commanding troops on the planet. No, he was in his office, an office filled with paintings, artifacts and other pieces of cultural items of different species and native groups.
To Thrawn these weren't garbage unlike what the Empire thought, they were valuables, items that he cared about. The reason why Thrawn was one of the smartest if not the smartest in the Imperial Navy and High Command.
All his battles ended in victory, except for some encounters with the Phoenix Squadron.

This time Thrawn was obviously studying on these new species, the pony.
The galaxy had never seen a species such as them so for him it was a priority to get knowledge on them.
Thankfully Imperial Commando's and archived books in the libraries were enough for him, to him learning about their magic and their way of life was not just fascinating, but an opportunity to prove to bring this world into Imperial Loyalty, even though his orders were to not let word of this planet come to the public eyes.

The only ships from the Death Squadron that were left were the Behemoth, High Admiral Vosh's flagship, even though all the other ships were in orbit the Behemoth was in the atmosphere, hovering above Canterlot.
But it was there for a few reasons, one was to be a mobile command center and command the Imperial Forces on the planet.
But the more important reason was to show the ponies that the Empire was in control, not some alicorns with powerful magic.
By now it had become a normal sight for the ponies, seeing the Imperial-II Class Star Destroyer hovering above what once used to be the home for their rulers

On the ground, major repairs had begun in the cities affected by the attacks, fortunately, the ponies were lucky. In the past, the Empire had used depressing grey concrete and built every house together but the fleet didn't have any building materials so the Empire had to recycle it.
Along the finished residences, posters were put. To be more specific, propaganda, trying to make the population rally behind the Empire and support them.
Unfortunately for the Empire, none of the ponies understood Galactic Basic, this was why the school program was being remade.
Ideas of Independence or anything related to Rebellion and Defiance was to be removed, the Empire would need loyal subjects in the future.

| - - - - - - - |

The screaming noise from a TIE Fighter could be heard, flying above the Ghastly Gorge before quickly pulling up to avoid crashing.
While the Empire knew there were some fugitives they didn't know how many or how strong. But to them it was a priority to find them, they could spread ideas of rebellion, defiance, and hope into the new Imperial population.
Those thoughts were somewhat what the group of ponies had in mind, their goal was to fight back and not accept the Imperial occupation, but using force would be their last option, their first choice was surprisingly diplomacy, unfortunately, though the Empire doesn't take Diplomacy and results to force as their first choice.

"Twilight, A think it be better if we rest, we hav' been walking the whole day and ma hoofs are startin' to hurt." Applejack said.ยจ

"Rest in the Ghastly Gorge where a rock can fall down on us? Forget that!" Twilight responded, even though she also somewhat agreed with Applejack.

Applejack was about to respond back when she realized that Twilight had a point, at any moment a rock could fall and hurt them really bad. The best option seemed like the worst one but it was the safest one and in fact the best one.
It maybe took 2 or 3 hours until the group made it out of the gorge but when they did they had an opportunity to rest, to their luck another abandoned lodge was at the end, but instead of being a residence it was the old Gorge Patrol headquarters, it was better than nothing so the group settled there. Being a fugitive meant that you need to run every day and sleep wherever you end up, in this case, an office building.

| - - - - - - - |

The night shined bright, the moon was visible in the sky, a reminder of the beauty the night provided, together with the stars and the night sky made it a beautiful sight, almost comparable to a painting.
But to Task Force-Bravo it didn't matter. The night was just camouflage for them. Their jet black armor was almost impossible to see in the dark. The only part of their armor visible was the green lights under the helmet.

A scrambled voice spoke from one of the troopers, a scrambled voice to hide their strategy, to prevent their enemy from learning.
A scrambled voice quickly responded and took out binoculars to recon the area.
Infront of the trooper was a Gorge, at the end was a lodge with its lights turned on.
This had to be the place the trooper thought.

He made hand signals, ordering his men to move forward. Towards the lodge.
Every step they took could alert the fugitives, every breath they took could too. Anything could, even a pony on a night promenade could.

The fearless and deadly Death Trooper Squad moved through the gorge, blasters raised high.
One had a rocket launcher with his weapon holstered, one had a sniper rifle, one had a heavy rifle while the other two including the Commander had their standard issue blaster rifle.

The Death Trooper was the most elite trooper in the Empire behind the Royal Guard and ahead of the Special Forces. Trained in deadly tactics, they're the most loyal force in the Imperial Military, trained from a young age these soldiers knew everything like the back of their hand.
They followed their orders always, never questioned them, even if they had to kill one of their own or kill innocent civilians. They did it for the Empire because the Empire was their home and family.

And thanks to the Unit 19 who reported strange noises sounding like speech from a lodge in their patrol area Task Force-Bravo managed to track them down and prove to the Empire how good of a soldier they were.

| - - - - - - - |

The iconic Millennium Falcon was in hyperspace, surrounded by the blue walls that were spinning around the ship, mixed with a little white here and there. The ship's destination Equestria.
Captain Solo or as he preferred to be called: Han Solo was accompanied by his best friend Chewbacca and four rebel soldiers, all of them were elite soldiers, while maybe not special forces they still were much better than the average rebel who was young, weak and had low morale.

"We'll be arriving that weird Quest world soon, better hang on." Han Solo said to the four rebels.
The four troopers nodded and sat down next to a table.

While Han Solo didn't wish to do this mission, he had been forced by Leia, not only had he been forced but these missions he hated the most. Escort missions.
His destination was, of course, Equestria, but he was escorting a Blockade Runner, a CR90 Corellian Corvette to be more precise. Of course, he wasn't alone, 3 members of Green Squadron, 3 agile A-Wings.

The ship made some noises before eventually a large braking force could be felt, making the ship exit hyperspace.
Han Solo was greeted by 6 Star Destroyers he counted along with 2 Victory Class Star Destroyers and 4 Arquintens Class Light Cruisers, not to mention the TIE's patrolling in the sector.

"This will be fun." Han Solo thought.

The patrolling TIE Fighters then turned around and began heading towards the Millenium Falcon and the three starfighters while the Blockade Runner was going full speed towards the surface of the planet, going unnoticed by the Imperial Pilots.
Han quickly pushed a lever and made the Falcon advance towards the planet Equestria.
He then pushed a button to activate the afterburners to make his ship go faster hoping to outrun the agile TIEs.

The Falcon entered the atmosphere and was immediately met by the Behemoth, in response Han pulled up and avoided a collision, turning off the afterburners at the same time.
Chewbacca reached out his arm to activate the lights of the Falcon to help Han in the night.

"Let's just find those passengers and get out of here!" Han shouted, hearing a growl from Chewbacca in agreement.

What looked like a task that could take days or months to complete was fortunately for Han not needed as apparently today was his lucky day, Chewbacca spotted Imperial Troopers thanks to green lights on their helmet and he immediately informed Han.

Han quickly put on a piece of headware to contact the Blockade Runner
"Hey! Blockade Runner, I think we found the place!"

Han then saw how the Corvette changed direction and headed towards the lodge but not before being spotted by the Death Troopers who began firing, especially the one with the rocket launcher who fired one rocket and nearly hit the corvette's engines.

"We can't land unless you take out that Anti-Air Trooper!" the Rebel Commander said.

At the same time on the ground, the group had been alerted by the sounds of the ships and the rocket flying past the lodge.
Cadance looked out the window and saw the Imperial Death Troopers, in doing so she quickly alerted the other ponies of the discovery.
All of them knew that it was risky to go outside, they could easily be shot or captured. Best bet was to wait inside and hope for the best.

The Millenium Falcon landed the door opening and the four elite rebels getting out and opening fire at the Death Troopers who had taken cover.
The sounds of the A280 Carbine rifle and the E-11D filling the air was just a reminder to the ponies that their doom is coming.

One of the rebels ran towards the lodge, opening the door quickly as he entered and seeing the ponies.
"Are you the High-Value targets?" he asked.

"Uh, what do you mean by High-Value?" Rainbow Dash responded.

"Are you the ones having to do something with an old monarchy?"

"Yes, that's us," Twilight said.

"Alright, just follow me and we'll get you to safety."

The Rebel peeked out the door and saw that the Corvette hadn't landed yet but was approaching land. That was when a rocket from the Anti-Air Death Trooper hit the engines, causing them to explode and have fire spreading throughout the ship.
The Corvette began going down fast and hit the ground, the cockpit flying away while the rest caught on fire, debris scattered everywhere some survivors struggling to exit the burning wreckage, fortunately, it created some cover for the rebels who had been previously vulnerable.

"JUST STAY DOWN!" The rebel yelled and began running towards the Millenium Falcon.
The ponies did as told and followed him towards the iconic ship.

In the air, TIE's of all kinds were dogfighting the A-Wings, when one TIE Interceptor hit one of the A-Wings in the left engine exhaust and as of result the A-Wing began spinning to the left uncontrollably, headed towards the ground.
The A-Wing smashed into the gorge, an explosion following it and the pilot being killed on impact.

The Rebel reached the Falcon and stood by the ramp, indicating the ponies to enter the ship which they did, one by one entering the Millenium Falcon.
"THAT'S ALL, LET'S GET OUT OF HERE WHILE WE CAN!" The same rebel shouted.

Two rebels went inside while one was shot in the back while entering.
The last one dragged the injured one inside and pushed a button to close the ramp door.
The ship pulled up and blasted off the ground towards space followed by the two A-Wings and TIEs.
The ship then began speeding up a lot, and before everyone knew it all ships were in Hyperspace, minus the crashed Corvette and the destroyed A-Wing.

But everyone was left with questions, the rebels wondering what those ponies were and the ponies asking themselves what just happened.
Did they just get taken by undercover Imperials? Were these defectors? Or was this a rescue operation?

Either way, they still were grateful that they got rescued from what could have been the end of their plans to liberate Equestria, a rescue they just might never forget.

Han Solo then stepped out of the cockpit, looking at the creatures he had never seen before in his life, wondering what they were. He then saw the confusion that their faces had and knew he had to say something and decided to be honest for once.

"Don't you all worry, we're also questioning what just happened." Han Solo said.

Author's Note:

Thank you all for reading the third chapter of An Imperial Occupation.
Chapter Four will be uploaded either next week or the week after.
I might also be releasing a second story at the same time!