• Published 21st Oct 2017
  • 2,268 Views, 34 Comments

An Imperial Occupation - part time pony



The Galactic Empire has suffered it's largest defeat yet, the destruction of the Death Star. Shortly after the completion of the Executor, Darth Vader is on a misson to conquer a new planet for the Galactic Empire, that planet happens to be Equestira

  • ...
8
 34
 2,268

Battle of Equestria II

The night was young and quiet with only the sound of rain filling the air in.
The Rebel fleet was visible from the ground, by the looks of it one of the MC80's had left the fleet, probably to assist in the space battle over Mon Calamari.

General Veers who previously was in command was no longer on the planet which meant that Brigadier Drant was in command of all forces on the planet.
The Brigadier was at the largest base, Fort Kilo. The fort was south of Ponyville, more specifically south of Sweet Apple Acres. Brigadier Drant, in charge of the planets ground forces, was in his office at the base. Inside the office was the hologram display of Grand Admiral Thrawn and sitting on the opposite side of the table was Colonel Vikel.

"Are you telling me that High Admiral Vosh retreated after losing the Nightwing?" Thrawn asked with a slightly angry tone.

"Yes, sir. But to defend the High Admiral he was fighting a lost battle once those two Rebel Cruisers came out of hyperspace." The Brigadier said.

"Hm. Since I wasn't present at the battle I will have to rely on the information you provided. I shall talk with the High Admiral myself."

"But sir, what about us? We're stuck on this planet with no way to evacuate all forces." Colonel Vikel said after having been mostly quiet.

"Do not worry about that. Concentrate on keeping the Rebellion out as long as possible. My fleet will come here to open a window of escape," the Chiss officer said.

Shortly after he disappeared from the display, Vikel looked at Drant.
"Sir, I am worried that we may not have the morale to withstand the rebel invasion until Thrawn's forces arrive.
The Colonel asked.

"Not to worry Colonel. I looked into the Imperial Archives and I've decided to use a similar strategy to what the Confederacy of Independent Systems used in the Second Battle of Geonosis during the Clone Wars." Drant answered.

"Yes but the CIS still lost the battle."

"That is true, but the Republic did take a lot of casualties. Especially the 501st Legion and 21st Nova Corps. In other words, I am hoping this will sort of be like the deadly battle of Sarrish for the Rebels."

Brigadier Drant stood up from his chair and walked towards the window behind him. He looked out and saw the rain falling down from the sky.
"To win a war Colonel you must lose battles. It is as simple as that." Drant said while looking out the window.

"I see the Academy on Cardia has taught you well sir," Vikel said.

Drant slowly turned around and chuckled as he did so.
"Of course. But let's not get ahead of ourselves."

"Colonel, can I trust on you leading these men on the frontlines?"

"Why of course, I was trained in becoming field officer," Vikel replied.

"Yes, but this is your first real engagement with an enemy. The simulations at whatever Academy you were taught at hardly have the same combatants."

"But that's because it's a simulation, they're holograms."

"Yes, I am quite aware. What I meant is that these rebels don't act the same as they do on the simulations." Drant said.

"Oh. I understand now."

"Good. Now go, Colonel. I trust you to hold the line against this scum." Drant finished.

| - - - - - - - |

The GR-75 Medium Transports were dropping out of hyperspace one by one.
All of the transports were assembled above the Resurgence, each transport carried about 75 rebel soldiers and their needed equipment.
Inside of one of the transport ships was a rookie to the Rebellion who had just joined up. He was wearing his woodland camouflage in preparation.
He was in his bunk, holding what seemed to be a necklace and a hologram display on the other hand.

The display was projecting an image of a woman, she seemed quite young about in her mid-twenties.
The young rebel aged similarly to the woman on the display was talking to her.

"I still don't know why I agreed to this dear." The woman said.

"It's alright Aper. I'll be back in no time." The rebel said."

"But Bani, what if you die or get injured! You know I can't live without you." Aper said worryingly.

"Then I'll make sure to come back to a gorgeous woman in one piece," Bani said.

The woman giggled at the comment by her boyfriend.
"In that case, I'll be waiting for you, Bani..." The woman said in what sounded like a seductive voice.

Bani turned off the hologram display, having finished talking with his girlfriend.
Just as he did so, two other rebels entered the room. One of them was holding an A280 Carbine with a magazine to the carbine in the other hand. Bani identified the rebel holding the carbine as 'Yarrol' and the other one 'Krish'.
"How's it going Bani?" Yarrol asked with his comedic voice.

"Oh, you know. Nothing special." Bani replied.

"You do know that this your first battle with the Rebellion, eh?" Krish said.

"I am quite aware of that..." Bani said.

"Don't worry, Bani. You've got two veterans in your squad. Me and Krish!" Yarrol said.

"I don't know if a lost battle counts as you two becoming veterans." Bani said.

"Ehhh. Dunno and I don't care!" Yarrol said loudly.

| - - - - - - - |

The trenches outside of Manehattan were full of Stormtroopers, the train that always entered the city with curious tourists was no longer running.
Reinforcing the Stormtroopers was a single AT-AT positioned where the railway ran to the city.
AT-ST's had been deployed as well.

The sun shined bright on a hot day, but the Imperials had managed to work it off. The trenches had been completed and all the planned field projects were also coming to an end.

In command of these soldiers was Captain Hutska, who had been instructed to move his regiment and the reinforcements he had got to Manehattan.
The reason why the Empire needed this city was that it'd be the only way out.
All transport ships leaving elsewhere would be easily intercepted.
Manehattan was far from the small Navy group, therefore, the Rebel fighters wouldn't go to Manehattan as they didn't know the transports were there.
Theoretically at least. The only bad thing was that the rest of the AT-AT's were in the Crystal Empire or Fort Kilo. While Brigadier Drant had ordered them to move locations it'd take time as all of the Gozanti-class Cruisers but one were destroyed or sent to another system. Because of this the AT-AT's were slowly being transported to Manehattan. The AT-ST's meanwhile was walking because they're faster than the AT-AT.

Brigadier Drant himself was already on his to Manehattan onboard of a Lambda-class Shuttle along with Colonel Vikel.

"I'm putting you in charge, Hutska will be your second man in case you need him," Drant said.

"Good to know, I'll try to hold back the rebellion as long as I can," Vikel replied.

"To be honest, why did the Empire even occupy such a useless junk world?" Vikel asked.

"Lord Vader was impatient, but you're right. None of the raw materials here can even be used in the refineries on Sullust or the shipyards of Kuat, Fondor, Coruscant or even Mon Calamari that the rebellion possesses." Drant replied.

A silence quickly followed after Drant finished, one that wouldn't last for long.
"We'll be landing now, please remain seated." The pilot in the cockpit shouted.

The Lambda rotated 360° degrees and landed smoothly on the outskirts of the city.
The white pressurized air left the ship as the door opened slowly.
Captain Hutska and a Stormtrooper Commander stood about 3 meters away from the shuttle standing in attention.

Brigadier Drant exited the shuttle first, followed by Colonel Vikel.
"Sir!" Hutska said.

"At ease, Captain," said Drant.
"As you know we'll be leaving this world by the end of the day, all I'm asking for is for a successful defense while we wait for Grand Admiral Thrawn to open a window of escape."

"I am aware sir," Hutska said.

"In that case, I'll leave you with Colonel Vikel who will take over now, you'll be second in command for the defense."

"Yes, sir."

"I will now head on over to the city and board one of the Acclamators, I will relay all orders from there." Drant finished and walked off being followed by two Stormtroopers wearing a black pauldron and the DLT-19 Heavy Blaster.

Vikel walked into the Command Center accompanied by Hutska who immediately went to sharing something he was concerned about.
"How are we going to get the AT-AT's and AT-ST's off the mainland into the island in time to evacuate?"

"I don't know, I only know that the Field Engineers have been building a bridge for the past week and will finish it in about an hour or two. Other than that I heard that all vehicles have been rigged to self-destruct in case they're unable to be evacuated." Vikel replied to Hutska's concerns.

| - - - - - - - |

"We have been walking for the whole day Zinn, don't you think we should take a break?" Relio asked.

"No, we need to get to that island city before the Rebel forces arrive," Zinn answered.

"Oh, it's called Manehattan, the most beautiful city I've ever seen!" Rarity implied.

"Yeah, okay," Relio replied.

The group was in Baltimare, or what at least remained of the once large city.
Every building was no more and in their place was black ash from the explosive orbital bombardment.
"Can this get any worse? They destroyed this entire city!" Twilight said.

Zinn stopped.
"They can destroy the rest of the planet."

Twilight started at Zinn for a while in disbelief. But Zinn was right. If the Emperor wanted to they could destroy this world easily and the rebel fleet in orbit. It'd be easier than saying 1 2 3.
"You can't be serious," Twilight said.

"You clearly haven't seen what remains of Aldeeran, the Holy City of Jedha or the Scarif Installation.

"Are you.. saying they did the same thing to those?" Cadance asked.

"Yes, except Aldeeran is no more. The whole planet was destroyed." Relio responded for Zelio.

"I didn't know they were able to do something this horrible." Twilight finished.

Zinn looked into his bag and grabbed his micro binoculars.
While he was grabbing them he decided to reply to what the lavender alicorn said.
"Yet they still call us rebels for terrorists."
He looked through them and saw the city of Manehattan. Zinn looked at the distance reader and counted about 150 miles to walk. While the young rebel wasn't the smartest in the galaxy he was smart enough to know that he won't make it to the city.
"There's no way we'll reach the city, I'm gonna call a pickup."

Zinn holstered the micro binoculars. He activated his commlink and said.
"Trooper Zinn to Admirable II, do you copy?"

The response was unclear at first, but then it improved and could be heard clearly.
"W-e c-opy."

"Could you send down a transport, could really use a pickup," Zinn asked.

"We're going to try to send an Assualt Craft, but it might take time to breach the Atmospheric Defense." The response read.

"Understandable... Oh, and by the way, we're in Sector T19." Zinn finished.

Two hours later...

The Rebel Fleet had entered the Atmosphere and was engaged in combat with the small Imperial Navy group.
The Rebels had already managed to destroy 2 Arquintens-class light cruisers and disable one to send it crashing down towards the ground, the destroyed light cruiser laid crashed near the Crystal Empire in the thick snow, about two miles from the city.

The Victory II-class Star Destroyer was still standing strong, onboard the bridge of the smaller Star Destroyer was Captain Yeron. Although he had destroyed two Corellian Frigates and damaged one of the MC80's he knew that he was fighting a lost battle.
Even though he had sent a distress signal for reinforcements he also knew they wouldn't come, the Empire was abandoning this system as it turned out useless with no raw resources that could be used in the Empire's factories.

Suddenly a loud explosion sound was heard, coming from above the bridge.
"STATUS REPORT!" The captain yelled after he regained his balance.

"We've lost all shields, sir!" An Officer responded.

In a battle, shields were crucial to success. Few battles had ever be won with the majority of ships in the winning fleet being unshielded. An unshielded ship could be destroyed within seconds if the opposite fleet had lots of firepowers, fortunately for the Rebel Alliance, the two MC80's were good enough to destroy the Star Destroyer in at least three minutes.

"If we're going down we're taking down one of those M80's with us! Target the damaged one!" Yeron ordered.

The guns of the Victory II-class Star Destroyer turned towards the damaged MC80 and began firing, barrages of lasers hit the cruiser and small explosions came out of the result.
The heavy quad turbo lasers turrets slowly finished their rotation and once in position began firing their lethal and deadly barrage.

While the normal Victory II wouldn't be equipped with heavy quad turbolasers, this one the 'Doombringer' was. Yeron was a friend of the Emperor and as a sign of their friendship, the Emperor decided to award the Captain with an upgraded Star Destroyer. The only setback was that the engines and the hyperdrive were slower due to the added weight.

The remaining TIE Bombers in the fleet began their bombing runs on the engines, if they were able to destroy them then the cruiser would go crashing down onto the planet.

Elsewhere...
The Alliance Assualt Craft was approaching the position of Zinn and the group.
The group were about 7 miles from Baltimare and were able to witness the small battle happening above them.
The Alliance Assualt Craft was actually a LAAT/i, also known as Low Altitude Assualt Transport was a common ship in the Galactic Republic, before Order 66. After that, it was replaced by the Lambda-class shuttle and the Sentinel-class landing craft.

The AAC landed right next to the group and the blast doors located on the side opened.
Relio entered first, followed by the two pegasi. Zinn stayed on the ground for a while to help them enter. Once everyone was in Zinn entered. The AAC took off.
The ship entered the battle taking place above of the small village where Fort Kilo was not far. The AAC entered the hangar of the undamaged MC80. The other MC80 which was damaged began to retreat. The rebel cruiser began going forward and at the same time upwards. Its destination was obviously the orbit.
But then, the TIE Bombers managed to disable the engines.
The MC80 stopped moving and slowly began to stall. The cruiser was now falling towards the ground at a fast speed.
The cruiser crashed into the ground. Fortunately, it had avoided the small village that was Ponyville and instead crashed north of Dodge Junction. The entire back part of the cruiser was destroyed with only the front part surviving the impact.
The MC80 Liberty Type cruiser known as the 'Defiant' was gone along with its crew.

The Victory II-class Star Destroyer began to retreat, towards Manehattan where it'd evacuate with the rest of the remaining Imperial Forces. The last Arquintens-class light cruiser was also following it with the intention of not wanting to be left behind. The Rebellion let the two go, they needed to reorganize now with the loss of a capital ship.

Six hours later...

Luna saw how the sun went down slowly. She was glad that she'd get to do her job of raising and lowering the moon again but more importantly to know that her older sister was still alive.
The princess of the moon decided to surprise her older sister by raising the moon.
She lit her aura and began to raise the moon, this time it was much easier than it was before their rescue by Han Solo. The moon appeared in the sky and shined bright.

The next day...

Manehattan was the last part of Equestria under Imperial Occupation, the Crystal Empire had been lost overnight and the retreating Imperials including one AT-AT, three AT-ST's and one Snow trooper Regiment were in Manehattan.
The only problem was that the Snowtroopers were wearing armor designed for snow combat. For them not being in the north meant that they'd need to sweat like a happabore unless they got replacement armor.
Fortunately, for them, the Empire had additional Stormtrooper armor onboard the Acclamators which they'd get to wear.
In the city, there was a large park with enough space to hold more than 4 Acclamators. The Galactic Empire had 6 on Equestria, more than enough to evacuate all the forces. The first one, located in the middle was where Brigadier Drant was. The ship itself was actually from the Clone Wars and served as a transport in the 212th Attack Battalion.
Elsewhere, Commander Vikel had just finished getting into his field combat armor and so had Hutska. The trenches held about 9000 Stormtroopers and the bunkers outside about 1000, in total the defense was 10.000 men strong supported by 5 AT-AT's and 4 AT-ST's. The rest of the vehicles were inside of the city in case the outer defense would fall. Supporting the vehicles in the city was the 4th Battalion with about 5000 Stormtroopers, 750 of them being Imperial Navy Commandos.
Of course, the Empire would never dare to defend or attack without fighter support. Therefore they had 28 TIE Fighters, 10 TIE Interceptors, 4 TIE Defenders and 12 TIE Bombers remaining, all of them were on standby and parked at certain locations throughout the city.

The Rebellion was moments away from launching the final attack to liberate the world that is Equestria. The fleet, consisting of one MC80, three Nebulon-B Frigates and five Corellian CR90 Corvettes was visible from the city. The GR-75 Medium Transports could be seen taking the lead followed by X-Wing Fighters. Hutska knew what was about to happend and ordered the anti-aircraft turrets to fire.
The missiles fired from the turrets with some firing lasers instead.
One missile hit an X-Wing and made it explode in the air. Another as hit by a laser in the left engine and began to plummet down to the ground, crashing about 50 feet from a trench. Although the Gunners were highly skilled and trained, they were unable to stop the Rebel Transports from landing safely. Seeing this, Colonel Vikel ordered the AT-AT's to get into range and to open fire at the transports before they get the chance of deploying their troops and whatever vehicles they had gotten with them.

| - - - - - - - |

"Zinn, Commander Fogles says it'll be safer if we get you and the monarchs off the ship. We have no idea what the Imperials have in store and since they have brought down one our MC80's it's a chance we don't want to risk." An Officer said to the young rebel.

"That's fine sir. I'll protect them." Zinn said.

"I know... Good luck." The officer walked off.

Zinn told the ponies to start following him, his friend Relio followed as well. The group boarded the same AAC they took earlier to the cruiser. The ship took off and left the hangar. As the ship left, Zinn, Relio and the ponies witnessed the battle taking place outside of Manehattan.
Then Luna remembered something.
"Wait. We need to go to the Crystal Empire and see if the elements are safe."

"The what now?" Relio asked.

"The Elements of Harmony, duh! Have you never heard of them? Oh, wait. You're not ponies." Rainbow Dash said.

"Whatever that thing is it can't be important?" Relio responded.

"Yes, it is!" Twilight said.

"Alright, but we don't know where they are," Relio replied.

"Yes, but we know. They're in the vaults of the Crystal Empire." Luna said.

"I assume that's in the north?" Zinn asked politely.

"Why yes, it is." Rarity said.

Zinn stepped towards the edge of the AAC.
"PILOT! SWITCH DIRECTIONS TO THE NORTH!" He yelled.

The pilot raised his arm and gave Zinn a thumbs up and switched directions immediately.
Zinn took a step back for safety.
"Alright, we're going there now."

45 Minutes later...
The Assualt Craft landed on the pavement in front of the crystal castle.
Immediately a crowd gathered around the ship, thinking it'd be the Galactic Empire returning to take over the Crystal Empire. But when they saw the three princesses and the two rebel soldiers not wearing Imperial Snowtrooper Armor they backed off. The ponies exited the ship and began heading towards the frozen vaults, followed by Zinn and Relio who had put on warm coats to not freeze.
The ponies stopped at a small hill in front of the vault, Zinn wondered why and went up to them. When he got up there he knew why. An Imperial Sentinel-class Landing Craft was positioned right outside the cave with two Snowtroopers guarding the entrance with blasters raised. The door to the landing craft was open and Zinn witnessed two Imperial Flametroopers exiting the ship. The Flametroopers entered the vault and were followed by an Officer in Combat Armor and two Snowtroopers.

Twilight was just about to run down and stop them from doing whatever they were going to do when Rainbow Dash grabbed Twilight's tail with her mouth and pulled her back. The rainbow-maned mare went on to say:
"Are you crazy Twilight? They can hurt you!"

"But I don't want them to take the elements!" Twilight replied.

Zinn was about to say something when he heard one of the Snowtroopers walking towards the hill.
"I heard something over here, I'm going to check it out." The Snowtrooper said.

Zinn heard the blaster cocking. In response, he pulled out his DH-17 and cocked it as well. He made a hand motion telling the others to be quiet. Zinn laid himself on the ground to hide. The Snowtrooper got to the top of the hill and looked over the landscape. Seven seconds passed and the Snowtrooper began going down to the hill to his post.
"There's nothing there. Must have been a malfunction in the helmet." The same Snowtrooper said.

Relio put his A280-CFE into the blaster configuration and aimed at the Snowtroopers. He put a finger on the trigger but didn't fire. Instead, he looked at his friend Zinn and asked.
"Should we fire?"

Zinn thought for a moment if they should or not, but he was suddenly distracted when he heard fire and saw yellow-orange lights coming out of the cave. Most likely being the Flametroopers using their Flamethrowers on one of the chambers inside the vault. Zinn thought again, he knew that whatever this 'Elements of Harmony' thing were important to the native ponies.
"Go for it," Zinn said.

Relio opened fire and hit the first Snowtrooper in the head, the other who immediately heard the blaster fire began firing at Relio, Relio was pinned down and he knew if he was to raise his head for a second he'd get shot and likely die.
"I'm pinned, see what you can do!" Relio said loudly.

Zinn got out of cover and aimed the DH-17 at the Snowtrooper. He pulled the trigger and out came a blaster bolt heading towards the chest of the Snowtrooper. The Snowtrooper fell to the ground, Zinn fired again to make sure he'd be dead.

"Alright, let's move in!" Zinn said.

Zinn moved towards the entrance. Relio positioned himself in front and crouched down with his blaster aimed at the door the whole time. The ponies meanwhile followed with caution, except for Fluttershy who couldn't do it. Rarity went to comfort her.
Zinn entered the vault, he looked around and saw the officer holding a hologram display and talking to someone. Zinn listened closely.
"Yes, sir. We will take whatever valuables we find here." The officer said.

"Alright, but hurry up! The Rebels have begun their attack on the city and we need you back here as soon as possible!" The officer on the display said.

"We will do our best to return in time, Lieutenant Tereeesh out."

The officer walked back to where he was earlier.
Zinn slowly moved to a wall and looked around the corner. He saw the same officer, the two Flametroopers and also the two Snowtroopers that had followed them inside. Zinn made sure to check if he had enough ammunition left in his blaster pistol. When he finished he made a hand motion to tell his friend, Relio to move towards him. Once Relio was there Zinn got out of cover and fired his blaster. He hit one of the Flametroopers in the head. Zinn went back into cover and let Relio fire. Relio fired his blaster but failed to hit any of the Imperials. Instead, he got hit in the left arm.
"Gah!" He yelled in pain.
Zinn pulled his friend to cover and got out of over and to fire. He this time hit the officer in the chest but the armor he was wearing was not enough for the blaster pistol of Zinn's to penetrate and kill him.

The young rebel got back into cover and took out a Thermal Detonator. Right, when he was about to activate the countdown he realized that the explosion may make the vault collapse seeing how the supports holding the vault intact were quite weak. The rebel holstered the Detonator and loaded in another magazine of ammo into his DH-17.
He peeked around the corner and saw one Snowtrooper being in a vulnerable position. Zinn got out of cover and fired at that Snowtrooper and hit him in the head, seeing how he had more time to fire he fired again. This time at the Flametrooper's fire tanks on his back. The laser bolt was enough to make the tanks explode and cause a small fire. The explosion obviously killed the Flametrooper but also killed the officer. The last Snowtrooper remaining readied his blaster and got out of cover. The Imperial yelled:
"FOR THE EMPEROR!"
Immediately after he began firing and hit Zinn in the chest, luckily it was not enough to kill him. Zinn being now disabled had little to no strength to lift his blaster and fire at the Snowtrooper who was about to finish him with the E-11 being aimed at his head. But then, a shot came from the left and hit the trooper in the head and made him fall dead to the ground. The shooter was Relio.
"I guess that's the second time I owe you," Zinn said.
Relio chuckled and followed up by him saying: "You owe me a lot more than that."

"Maybe, maybe not. But let's get this Harmony thing and get out of here." Zinn said.
With almost no strength left Zinn stood up and shouted towards the entrance for the ponies to enter. Luna came in first, followed by Celestia's faithful student Twilight.

"There's just one problem," said Twilight.
"Only my big brother, Shining Armor can open the chamber to get the Elements."

"You're kidding right?" Relio asked.

"I'm afraid she is not," Luna said.

"Well, where is he?" Zinn asked.

"That's the question, we don't know," Luna replied.

"Well I may not be the smartest rebel, but logically the Empire would send political prisoners to Coruscant for execution, but since the galaxy doesn't know about this system they're probably in this planet's capital," Relio said.

"Do you think he's in Canterlot?" Twilight asked.

"Maybe, but we have no time to get him," Relio said.

"Zinn, do you think I can melt the chamber using one of the Flamethrowers that you didn't destroy?" Relio asked his friend.

"Possibly. It's worth a try." Zinn replied.

"Well, in that case, I'll try." Relio finished.

Relio stood up and walked towards the dead Flametrooper who was shot in the head by Zinn earlier. He inspected the body and looked for a switch or button to disconnect the tanks from his back. He found a small lever and pulled it downwards. The tank disconnected from the armor. Relio grabbed the heavy fire tank and took it towards the chamber where the Elements where. He then grabbed the flamethrower and connected it to the tank.
Since Relio was too weak to wear the tank on him he put it on the ground. Relio aimed the flamethrower at the chamber where he saw a hole, assuming it was a keyhole.
He pulled and held the trigger of the Flamethrower and fire came out of the barrel. The fire did nothing to the ice.
"It's not working," Relio said in a disappointed voice.

"Well. I do have some Thermal Detonators, though I am afraid it will bring this cave down on us." Zinn said.

Relio turned around and looked at the Thermal Detonators his friend held.
"It's a risk that I am willing to take."

"Alright, catch!" Zinn said.

Zinn threw the first Detonator, Relio caught it easily. The second one as well and same with the third one. He looked at the detonators and got an idea. He put the fire tank up against the chamber, on top of them he put the three detonators and rigged all three of them to blow up in 30 seconds.
Relio began running towards Zinn and pulled him out of the cave. Luna and Twilight were already out of the vault.
A loud explosive sound was heard coming from inside, followed by fire spreading a little. After about 20 seconds it was safe to go back in. To his surprise, Relio saw that the detonators had done the trick. The chamber was open and he saw the book where the alleged Elements of Harmony were kept. He went towards it and grabbed the brown book.
He slowly left the cave and held the book of the Elements in his hands. He showed it to the ponies who cheered in joy. Once they finished Relio gave it to Twilight Sparkle.

Elsewhere...

The Rebel Alliance was making was making progress in the battle, having taken over the first three trenches. While the Alliance Fighters were dogfighting with the Imperial ones above the ground the Rebel soldiers pushed on. One AT-AT had been brought down to the ground and had blown up on impact with the ground.
The Stormtroopers began to show signs of losing but just when a Rebel squad was going to attack the fourth trench an AT-ST fired its grenade barrage at them and the squad went flying.

The battle on the mainland was almost over, but unbeknownst to the Rebel Alliance, Grand Admiral Thrawn was soon at Equestria.

20 Minutes later

The Imperial Fleet of 6 Imperial II-class Star Destroyers and numerous of other support vessels left hyperspace and appeared in Orbit of Equestria. Thrawn had planned for his Star Destroyer going down to the Atmosphere to destroy the Rebel fleet while the other ships would secure orbit and prevent any Alliance ships from escaping.

The Chimaera entered the Atmosphere of the planet. It approached the MC80 from behind, clearly, it had an advantage, one that Thrawn wasn't planning on ignoring. The Star Destroyer's Turbolasers and Ion Cannons began to fire at the unshielded rear part of the MC80. The engines were quickly destroyed and the Rebel cruiser began to descend to the surface. The MC80 crashed by the edge of the ocean with the front of the ship submerged.
Thrawn targeted the other ships in the fleet and swiftly brought them down. The Rebellion was now without naval support. But that wasn't going to stop them from winning.

The Rebels had already taken the mainland, what remained now was the city. Unfortunately, 3 of the AT-AT's had been destroyed and only two managed to make it to the city. Only one AT-ST was fortunate enough to make it back.

Once all Stormtroopers had made over to Manehattan, the field engineers blew up the custom-made bridge. The only way for the Rebels to enter the city now was to use the railroad. But they didn't know if the Empire had also rigged it to explode.
Commander Fogles ordered his forces to move in using the railroad. Fortunately, the rebels did not have any vehicles apart from Airspeeders with them which meant they didn't need to worry about needing to get them to the city.

The first rebels entered the city and left the train station. They were greeted immediately by Imperial Forces, about 50 Stormtroopers and one AT-ST. The Rebel Troopers quickly ran to cover and some inside the station. One of the rebels took his rocket launcher and fired at the AT-ST's port side. The walker was brought down with a small fire appearing on the side where it was hit. With the AT-ST down the Rebels gained additional ground and began to fire at the Imperials. Some began retreating to the buildings for extra cover.

After a few minutes, the Imperials stationed at the train station retreated into the city. Some locals came out of the buildings to greet their saviors, aka the rebels. For them, it wasn't much. They often got these type of greetings on worlds they freed that were anti-imperial. On other worlds that were pro-imperial they were always attacked and the Rebellion often let the Empire have the world back if that was the case. The rebels moved on after reinforcements came.

12 hours later, onboard the 'Coruscant Sky'

Brigadier Drant was onboard the Coruscant Sky, the Acclamator he, Commander Vikel and Captain Hutska would take. They were only waiting for one AT-AT and one Stormtrooper platoon to board and then they'd be long gone from Equestria. All the other Acclamators had already left being fully filled. In the city, the rebel forces were approaching the park and the last Imperial Forces were mere minutes from the Coruscant Sky, but so were the rebels.

"We should just leave them. The Empire cannot afford to lose naval ships for such stupid reasons." Hutska said.

"Patience, they will be here soon," Vikel responded.

Patience. Patience was, unfortunately, going to cost the evacuation of the Coruscant Sky. Unbeknownst to them, a small rebel strike force had boarded the Acclamator. They were approaching the bridge.
The Rebellion had liberated all parts of the city apart from the park. They weren't attacking because the strike force was onboard. But they were going to once they secured the bridge. If they succeed in doing so.
In command of these rebels was Major 'Unio' who was a human male from the world of Tatooine.

The strike force entered an elevator that leads to the bridge. The elevator moved fast and 20 seconds later they were on the bridge. The door opened slowly. The Stormtroopers guarding the elevator paid no attention as they thought it was an officer or navigator entering. They were wrong as they were quietly killed.
Unio moved in holding his A280C with two hands. He instructed Krish to approach. However, the veteran rebel made a mistake and was caught by an Imperial. Krish quickly shot him but in doing so made every Imperial turn their attention to the previously undetected rebels. Bani shot one of the Imperial officers on the bridge in the chest. Captain Hutska was dead. Unio threw a Thermal Detonator at the left side of the bridge and killed two Stormtroopers in doing so. Before more shots could be fired, Brigadier Drant approached the rebels and said:
"We surrender."

The remaining Imperial Stormtroopers and one Stormtrooper Commander dropped their blasters and put their hands up, followed by the Navigational Crew and Colonel Vikel. The rebels began to gather the captured Imperials to the front of the bridge. Where the moon reflected the light from the sun onto the ship and made it visible inside. Even if the lights were turned on. Unio aimed his blaster at Drant.
"What's your name, Brigadier?" he asked.

"Drant."

Unio lowered his blaster and took a few steps back. He looked at the Navigational officers and said.
"Take the navigational officers outside the ship."
Two rebels did so and instructed them to move.

"Your rebellion will never win," Vikel said.

"Is that so?" Unio asked.

"Yes, the Empire will bombard this world and kill us all! Because that is the Emperor's wish and he shall bring peace and justice to the whole galaxy!" Vikel said patriotically.

"Your arrogance is the reason for why the Empire will fall," Yarrol said.

While the rebels thought they'd have won, they couldn't be more wrong. Yes they may have liberated everything in Equestria but onboard the bridge of the Acclamator were two security droids, but they weren't the clumsy B1 Battledroids or weak. They were Imperial Sentry Droids. One keyword from Drant would be enough to activate him, but the wise Brigadier decided to wait for the perfect opportunity.

"With due respect sir, can we execute this Commander?" Yarrol asked.

"Do it," Unio ordered.

Just then, Drant yelled "CORYX". The rebels first wondered why he did so but when they turned around they were greeted by four Sentry Droids. The droids dropped from the ceiling of the ship and began to fire at the rebels. While they were distracted the Stormtroopers that surrendered took their E-11 Blasters from the floor and fired at the rebels as well. The rebels realized they were outnumbered and outgunned quickly surrendered.

"Now shall we negotiate your surrender?" Drant asked.

"You're pathetic," Unio said.

"Am I? Do you think this rebel right here has another opinion?" Just as Drant finished, the Stormtrooper wearing an orange pauldron put the barrel of his E-11 on the head of Yarrol.
"His sacrifice will motivate the Rebellion to continue its war against your Empire. If you kill you will just strengthen the fire that is the rebellion." Unio said.

Drant ordered the Stormtrooper to fire. And so he did, Yarrol was now dead and his body laid on the cold floor of the Acclamator's bridge. The rebels were now down to 4. Bani, Krish, Turok, and Unio. Drant ordered for the killing of Turok, the same Stormtrooper Commander who killed Yarrol obliged happily and did so. Turok was dead.
The last Imperials that Drant was waiting on originally was now onboard. Drant ordered for the taking off of the Coruscant Sky. The loud engines of the Clone Wars-era ship were heard everywhere onboard.

The Coruscant Sky was now leaving the city, the last Imperials were gone. Behind the Acclamator was the Chimaera that had waited for it to depart. The Imperial Fleet was in orbit and Thrawn ordered all forces to withdraw from the sector. Equestria was fully liberated from the tyranny of the Galactic Empire and the Sith. The Imperial Flag would never rein again on Equestria. Emperor Palpatine would never be the ruler of this world again. The Monarchy was going to bring Equestria into a new era. An era in which they recover from their occupation and rebuild, for a better world.

One Week later.

Photographers, Journalists and other media ponies were gathered in Canterlot for a big event. The leader of the rebellion, Mon Mothma was in Equestria to meet the monarchs but to also decide whether the Rebellion should leave the ponies in peace, or maintain their presence. The ex-senator knew it was a risk to maintain her forcer on this planet. The ponies did not want to risk another occupation.

The leaders were gathered in the Royal Court. None of them sat in their chairs as this was a moment for respect. A moment in which Equestria couldn't be seen as stronger than the rebellion. A wooden table was in the middle of the room with a map of Equestria. Behind Mon Mothma were two Alliance Fleet Troopers holding their DH-17 blaster pistols. Behind the equestrian monarchs were the EUP guards.

"We'd like to live in peace, without the influence of the Empire or your rebellion." Celestia asked.

"Your request is my command. The Rebellion does not wish to force systems into our campaign. We will leave first thing tomorrow." Mon Mothma replied.

Mon Mothma put pen to paper and with a single signature, the rebellion's influence was gone on this system. The Rebellion was to leave. Equestria would be at peace again. There would be much to rebuild, but if it means for a safe Equestria, it'll be worth it.

The End.

Author's Note:

Thank you all for reading the final chapter of 'An Imperial Occupation'. I want to thank you all for all the support I've gotten during my time writing this story and I can't wait until the release of my new story.

If you wished that this story would be longer then don't worry. I have thought about making a possible sequel that could be released as early as January next year! Though that is up to you all if you want a sequel.