• ...
103
 11
 1,145

Episode 24: Part 1: Friend Follies

EPISODE TWENTY-FOUR

Ever since getting back at the tower, the minions were quarrelling non-stop about who should lead now That Sirens had captured.

“I should be the leader around here!” whined Marla.

“May I remind you who the biggest and strongest is?” jeered Bronc.

“Size ain’t everything you know!” protested Keto “In fact, I’m the one who can actually CHANGE sizes around here!”

The minions continued to argue, until the sound of a loud crash stopped them. “What was that?” snapped Bronc.

“Sounded like something hit the island.” said Marla. That’s when the big doors to the tower burst wide open in a fiery explosion frightening the minions and all the monsters in their cells, and what the minions saw next nearly made them jump out of their suits.

“Well, well…” hissed Vulcan “Imagine running into you three again!”

“V-V-Vulcan…?!” stammered Bronc.

“It can’t be.” muttered Keto.

Vulcan looked less than pleased to see them again, “You should consider yourselves lucky; that had you not thrown me out of the tower in the first place, I never would have gained the strength I needed to evolve from that pitiful imp, Nacluv.”

The minions were confused, “He was Nacluv?” whispered Marla to the others.

Vulcan sneered at the others, “I may be willing to fully forgive you all for YOUR TREASONS… if… you, once again, swear your loyalties to me.”

Naturally, the minions felt no option but to comply and bowed before saying,“Welcome back… Master Vulcan.”

Vulcan snickered, “That’s better!”


Meanwhile, the city had been fully restored thank to the rangers and their Crystal Armors’ restoration magic. Some humans did get hurt, but the paramedics and hospital assured them it was nothing too serious.

The last thing that needed restoration was the megazord, but the rangers had run out of power already after fixing up the city, but nothing that couldn’t be fixed back at the base.

“What a cleanup job that was.” said Buddy.

Rainbow cracked her knuckles, her wrists, and even flexed her neck, “Yeah, but hey… The Sirens are history!”

Rhymey picked up the three spheres containing each Siren inside of each,

“We’ve caught them all on a dime,
Hopefully they don’t return for some time!”

“And best of all…” said Fluttershy “We saved our friends too--” Suddenly she realized, “Our friends!”

Artie, Starla, The Twins, Rarity, Applejack and Pinkie Pie were starting to come to from their knockout. Sunset went over to Artie and softly helped him up, “Artie? Artie are you okay?”

Artie rubbed his eyes and looked up at Sunset. She smiled most lovingly at him, but he asked, “…Uh… Who are you?”

“Huh?” said Sunset “Artie, it’s me, Sunset.”

“Sun… Set…?”


The other friends began to gawk at one another. “You again…?” Rarity said to Pinkie. “Um… what’s your name again?” replied Pinkie.

The twins gawked at one another, and both said, “You look just like me.” they had no memory that they were twin-brothers.

Sunset and the rangers felt most disturbed by this.


(Que intro)


The rangers saw no alternative but to bring their friends to the base where they were taken to the sickbay.

“Um… mind tellin’ me what this is all about?” asked Applejack.

She and the others were lying on beds with medical wires tagged on their foreheads to read their brainwaves. “It kinda tickles.” giggled Pinkie.

The doctors were all baffled, and one of them shook his head at Twilight. She sighed and had to deliver the bad news to the rest of the team.

“They’re definitely suffering from amnesia.”

The team all sighed miserably. Buddy asked to Sunset, “Can’t you cast some magic on this?” but sunset shook her head, “I don’t know any spells like that.”

The team then all looked at Celesto, and he shook his head. “Sorry, I don’t have kind of tech to handle this. Amnesia is something very that should be handled delicately, or we may end up causing permanent harm to our friends.”


This was most upsetting for everyone. For months, ever since Vulcan first attacked and their friends were knocked out, they had long been wishing, waiting and wanting them to awaken, but they never wanted this; for them to not remember them.

“How did this happen to them?” asked Fluttershy “Did we do it to them?”

“It’s hard to say at this point.” replied Twilight “It could have been a number of things, but I’ve studied this, and hopefully it shouldn’t be too serious.”

“Hopefully?” asked Rainbow.

“Well, yeah…” Twilight said shyly, and she picked one of her textbooks and explained how coma victims are usually prone to losing their memories due to any concussion suffered. “They CAN gain their memories back, but it may take some time, or then again it could almost happen instantly. Maybe we can try showing them all familiar things or remind them of certain events… that could jog their memories.”

Everyone agreed, but before they could make any suggestions, Lightning called into the base from Africa.

“Rangers, come in!”

Celesto switched over to video, and everyone could see Lightning on the screens. “Lightning, it’s good to hear from you again.”

Lightning nodded, “I’ve got great news, but then some terrible news.”

“So do we.” said Sunset, and she explained how The Sirens were captured, but also the problem with their friends.

Lightning felt bad to hear that the others had lost their memories, especially Starla, but there wasn’t much that he could do from where he was now.

Then he delivered his own good news of what he learned from Zecora about the location of the aliens’ tower.

“You’re telling me
It’s somewhere at sea?” asked Rhymey.

Lightning nodded, “Within a five-hundred mile arc distance from Mystic Island itself.”

Rainbow looked almost ready to blow her top. “All this time, they were THAT close to us! UGH!!”

“Well, hey, at least now we know where they are.” said Spike.

“And we know that’s where the minions went.” added Fluttershy “Now we can find the tower, and we can end this for good.”

“It won’t be that easy.” said Lightning, “And that’s my bad news. The minions will have a new leader, now.” he paused “…Vulcan.”

Everyone gasped hard in shock. “Vulcan?!” snapped Buddy “He’s back?! But how…?”

Lightning explained to them his run-in with Nacluv and how he had evolved into Vulcan, which amazed the others.

“This is so not good.” said Sunset “Now he’s stronger than ever. Who knows what he’s capable of doing?”

The others all had worried expressions on their faces.

Lightning then had one request to make, “I’m going to come back, but I can’t take a commercial flight, it would take too long. Can you send me the Comet Striker? Then I can get home quicker.”

Celesto agreed, “I hope you’ll get here safely.”

“I do too. Out…” and Lightning logged off.

“Well Twilight…” said Celesto “Launch the Comet Striker.”

Twilight complied and then said the words herself that the automated voice would say, “Comet Striker, Ready!”


Outside, the Striker flew out from the launch-tunnel and rocketed off on remote-control for Africa.


Meanwhile, Vulcan was pacing along the floors of the tower announcing to the monsters, “The time is near! With my newly acquired powers and all of you fighting by my side… the rangers will finally fall at our hands.

They know of our position, and they will be bound to come here, and when they do… we… will BE READY FOR THEM!!”

The monsters cheered for joy, especially at the thought they were all finally going to be released from their cells.

Vulcan then headed back to the lab on the top floor followed by the minions, “A stirring performance, Master.” said Bronc “I believe you have them all convinced and willing to follow you.”

“Of course they will.” hissed Vulcan, and he flared up softly “After all… we know what happens to traitors around here… don’t we?”

The minions shuddered softly as he were threatening them… which he was.

“Um, just one question…” said Marla “How are the Rangers even going to come here? They don’t know our exact location.”

Vulcan snuffed and turned, “That is for you three to deal with.”

“What? Us?” asked Keto in surprise.

“You heard me…” sneered Vulcan “I don’t care you do it, just find some way of getting them to this island. I have preparations to attend for their welcoming.” Then he left the three to ponder.

“Figures he’d make us do the dirty job.” grumbled Marla.

“How are we supposed to lead the rangers to the island?” whined Keto “Our teleporters won’t work on them.”

“So then… we get them to follow us.” said Bronc. He then snickered softly “And I think I just had an even better idea.”

His comrades looked curious, and he whispered to them what they would do.



The rangers had nothing really much to do. Even though they had a great idea to look for prison tower, they still had no exact coordinates on where to travel. They also thought it much better to wait until Lightning had returned, and then they could all make plans to storm the tower together and really give Vulcan something he wished he hadn’t returned for.


For now, all they really wanted to do was to try to job their friends’ memories, and the best place they knew to start was at Canterlot High.

“Don’t you all recognize this place?” Sunset asked.

The amnesic friends shook their head.

“We all used to go to this school together.” said Buddy.

The friends tried their hardest but they just couldn’t remember. “Maybe, we should look inside?” suggested Starla.

“We can’t just yet.” said Fluttershy “The School’s closed for summer vacation. We need the key to get in.”

That’s when a car drove up and into the parking lot. It was Celestia and Luna, having been told of the situation and wishing to assist the rangers in helping the others.

Soon, everyone was inside.

“Here we are…” said Celestia.

“Surely you all remember your school.” added Luna, but the friends just remained silent as they looked all around the main hall all with deep expressions.

“I think it’s working…!” whispered Rainbow, but her hopes were dashed when Rarity said “My, this is a lovely place.”

“Looks more like a palace than a High-School.” added Artie.

The rangers and the ladies sighed.

Rhymey then suggested,

“Perhaps we should show them even more,
Like things they have done and what they were for.
It could unlock a memory or two,
It seems the logical thing to do.”

Everyone agreed, and took each of the friends around different areas of the school, as a song played…“A Friend For Life”

Fluttershy showed Pinkie Pie and Applejack into the bakeshop, where together they used to have fun in Home-Ec, making all kinds of cakes and treats.

Buddy showed The Twins the woodshop, and he showed the twins some of the many great things they had built-- benched, tables, chairs, even large dollhouses to be donated to charity.

Rhymey took Rarity to the sewing room, and showed her a lot of the beautiful gowns and outfits she had made for all the fashion events, and he even showed her pictures on the school computer of herself modeling.

Luna and Celestia took Starla up to the roof where they had set up many telescopes like they always did for the astronomy club, and even told Starla that she herself was the head founder. The sisters even showed her maps of Starla had made of the many constellations she had seen.

All the friends did seem to show some interest in these fields, but they still didn’t seem to remember too much.


As the song faded out, Sunset was showing Artie around the arts and crafts room, where he had his own private booth, being the top student. She showed him all the many sculptures made from clay, and some actually carved from stone, as well as the paintings of landscapes.

“These are beautiful.” said Artie “Did you make these?”

“No… you did.” said Sunset, and she pointed at the signature on each painting-- “A. Bristles”

“That’s your name; Artie Bristles.”

Artie shuddered and held his head softly. Hearing that name did give a small ring, but still not nearly enough to help him.

Sunset then showed him the extra special paintings that were of her-- Standing in a field of flowers… On a sparkling lake at night… or herself as an angel in the clouds, and many others--

“I painted these?” Artie asked.

Sunset felt a little nervous of what she had to say next, “You painted them… for me.”

“For you…?”

Sunset’s cheeks turned a slight hint of pink, and she shrugged softly with her hands behind her back.

“Um… why are you blushing?”

Still blushing, and feeling various, she answered “You made that for because… you…” she paused “…You loved me.”

“Huh?”

Sunset couldn’t help herself and held his hands. “Artie… I’m your girlfriend.”

Now Artie’s cheeks were blushing, but he felt more confused and a little shocked. “Please try and remember…” Sunset said looking him deeply in the eyes, and hoping with all her heart, but Artie could only shake his head. “I don’t remember, and frankly… you’re starting to make me feel nervous!”

And he walked off, leaving Sunset feeling close to tears, the other rangers peered into the room after Artie had left and heard what was said. All of them felt bad for Sunset, but no one said a thing.

Soon the rangers and the amnesic friends were out on the soccer-field, sitting on the benches. The rangers were discussing with their friends still trying to job their memories.

Celestia, Luna, watched from the parking light by Celestia’s car. Twilight, Spike and Celesto soon joined them. “How’s it coming?” Celesto asked.

“Not very well.” replied Celestia “The rangers are really getting depressed too.”

Spike sighed miserably, “I still don’t see why I can’t go over there and talk to them. I’m sure they’ll recognize me.”

“Because,” replied Spike “Seeing a talking dog could only surprise and maybe scare them even more; just like we all were when you first gained that power.”

Celesto then turned his head to look over at the broken statue at the front of the school. “What is it?” asked Luna. Her brother-in-law just walked over to the statute and felt alone the stone hoping the dimensional portal was fixed.

“Nothing.” he sighed.


As for the amnesics, “Look, we know you’re trying to help us, but it’s just not working.” said Dyno. “Si, maybe you should just let us be and let us trying and make our own ways?”

“Never!” snapped Rainbow “Friends never give up on friends. We always say that!”

“We do?” asked Pinkie. It was nearly shocking for the rangers to hear Pinkie Pie say that among all others, and it was normally she who enforced the no giving up.


“If I were you, I’d give up!” called Marla.

Everyone looked up and saw the three minions marching up the hill of the school-field, with a large number of Lingos behind them.

The rangers’ features hardened, while their friends gawked at the minions and the Lingos. Something about them seemed or felt awfully familiar.

“What do you creeps want?” Sunset asked fiercely.

Bronc snickered, “The same thing we’ve always wanted; to destroy you all!”

“And this time we’re actually going to do it!” added Keto, “Unless you want to give up right now…”

The rangers all stood together, naturally refusing.

“It’s Morphin’ Time!” said Sunset.

“Morphing Sequence, Ready.”

“STARFLEET MAGIC… POWER ON!!”


The others thought is astonishing watching the rangers morph.

“Oh, this is going to be fun.” said Marla, and then she hollered to the Lingo army, “Attack!” The army rushed forth.

The rangers grunted and dashed into battle against the large swarm. The adults, Twilight and Spike rushed over to the other friends.

“Hurry, we’ve got to get out of here!” cried Celesto.

The friends snapped out of their trances and followed the adults to the nearest Jump-Tube.

“Quick, hurry!” cried Spike, and his shouting made the friends halt in their tracks in surprise. “He can TALK??!!” Rarity shouted in shock.

“Never mind that!” snapped Twilight “Just go!” and one-by-one, everyone jumped in and rode off to the base where they would be safer.

Artie took a moment to look back at the rangers as they fought, preferably at Sunset.

“Come on!” Luna snapped, pulling him by the arm and into the tunnel.


The Lingos swarmed the rangers all over, it was hard to concentrate.

Sunset trip-kicked one, but then two more attacked from behind.

“There’s so many of them!” cried Rainbow, and she got kicked hard in the gut, but kept her balance and kicked the Lingo right back.

“Let’s use our weapons!” called Buddy. The others agreed and summoned their weapons forth, which did indeed make the fight easier.

Rhymey hacked and slashed his sword at the Lingos,

“One… Two…
That’s for you… and you!”


Fluttershy saw a swarm of Lingos coming at her, but rather than whimper in fear, “Let’s see you try this!” she called and powered up weapon.

“Star Shield, Engage”

The shield was glowing brightly and Fluttershy, being so uncharacteristically enraged, roared as she held shield out front and plowed right through the Lingos, sending them flying all about.


Back at the base, the friends felt rather strange to be back again.

“Why are we here again?” asked Pinkie.

“I don’t know, but it’s better than being up there with them bad guys out there.” said Applejack.


Rarity was more fixated on Spike, “So… um… you can talk.”

“Yeah, I can.” Spike said sheepishly, “You used to love to hear me talk, and scratch behind the ears.”

“But… how is this even possible?” asked Starla.

Spike didn’t know how to tell them all the long story of how it happened and Twilight wouldn’t let him anyway as she picked him up and put him on the console near her, and she activated the screens to show the fight happening.

The rangers were plowing their way through the Lingos, and knocking them all down like bowling pins.

“Look at them go.” said Dyno. Myte agreed and said, “Strange… look at all that, I think… I…” he stopped and he and all his friends all began to feel strange in their minds.


Celestia whispered to her sister and her husband, “I think they’re starting to remember.”

Celesto agreed undoubtedly, “The villains first ever appeared at about the time the students’ had their accident.”

“So, if they keep watching the fight, perhaps it will help them remember more.” said Luna.



A swarm of Lingos charged at Rainbow. “Eat rays, boys!” she sneered at them, and fired her canon which shot through the creatures, one-through-another and blowing them all into dust.

She then tauntingly blew across her cannon, even though her helmet was in the way.


Buddy lassoed one Lingo by the ankle and yanked hard, flipping it over. He then turned and backlashed three more.

It was then that a large gaggle of Lingos lunged for him at once, “Oh, yeah…?” Buddy sneered, and dashed around the swarm tying them all up together in the whip. Then he powered the whip up…

“Plasma Whip, Engage!”

…and sent a shocking stream of power through the whip, blasting the Lingos into dandruff. “Bet that came as a shock.”


Sunset clobbered many Lingos-- hitting them over the head with her Star Scepter, and then firing a few shots at more.

Now more than half the Lingo army was beaten, but the rest still remained, and the rangers regrouped. “Okay, guys… bring ‘em together.” said Sunset.

“Weapons Combine!”

“Star-Slammer, Ready!”

“Let’s do it!” said Sunset, and she and the rangers stood together and powered up the weapon,“STAR-SLAMMER… ULTRA-STRIKE!!”

KAPOW!! The Lingos were all vanquished in a fiery explosion.



Everyone at the base saw the whole thing, and the amnesics felt their insides give a big lurch as they watched the big explosion as the Lingos were destroyed.

“Whoa! That was intense!” cried Pinkie.

“They’re really good fighters.” said Rarity.

Artie shuddered softly, and he and all the others felt the explosion was bringing on something more. They were starting to see small images in their minds, things that happened before, possibly a big explosion too, but the memories were still far too blurry to make clear.


“They may have beaten the Lingos.” said Twilight “But that’s just half the battle.”


Indeed it was, for now the minions all stepped forth snickering wickedly. They had not thrown a single punch the entire battle. “It’s working.” Bronc whispered to the others, “Now, for the next step.”

Keto agreed, and held his staff up

“Fortissimo…!

Fortissimo…!

…Fortissimo!”

The three mugics worked their magic and the three minions grew into giants.

“Three times the size, wouldn’t you say…” teased Keto.


The rangers grunted, and Sunset called the base. “Jet-Star Megazord…!”


The jets were launched and already combined, and the rangers leapt up and were beamed into the cockpit. “Let’s take ‘em down!” said Sunset.

The minions all roared and charged at the megazord.

Marla jumped at the zord, but it swerve, and Bronc attacked, but got punched out of the way.

“Here I come!” shouted Keto and he charged forth, swinging his staff, actually hitting the zord hard, but only then to get kicked away.


“Take that!” laughed Rainbow, she was rather enjoying herself, “These guys are getting whooped so easily.”

The other rangers found this to be quite odd. “These guys usually put up a much bigger fight than this.” said Buddy.

“Well, it’s not a bad thing, right?” asked Fluttershy.

“Maybe so,
But I don’t know.
I’d say they’re up to something just so.” said Rhymey.

“You may be right.” agreed Sunset “Try to stay sharp.”


The battle continued…

Marla ensnared the zord with her long hair, binding it at the legs, which let Bronc and Keto punch and slash at it strongly, and rocking the rangers about inside.

“Star Saber…!” shouted Sunset, and the zord drew out its sword and cut Marla’s hair binding. “Whoa!” cried Marla as flipped over from the force of the swing “Oh! Why do they always go for the hair?”

“You three have had it!” Buddy sneered.


“Don’t be so sure of yourselves, Rangers.” said Bronc, and he held out a remote control and pressed a big red button, almost at once, he, Keto and Marla had donned special jetpacks he had whipped up.

“What are they doing?” asked Fluttershy.

“Come and catch us, if you can…!” hollered Marla, and she and her comrades rocketed up into the air.

“Let’s form the Ultra-Star Megazord and chase them.” said Rainbow.

“We can’t. The Comet Striker’s gone to Africa to pick up Lightning.” Buddy reminded her.

“Well, we’ll just have to break it down then.” said Sunset “Let’s go, guys!”

And with that, the megazord flashed, and was split up into the five star-jets. “Now, let’s go after them!” hollered Sunset.

“WHEE-HOO…!! I love this part.” said Rainbow.


Soon, the chase was on, much to the minions delight. “It’s working…” said Keto “They’re actually following us.”

“Of course they are…” snapped Bronc “It’s all part of the plan. Just don’t botch it up.”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.” said Marla.


Soon the chase had gone out over the ocean. Sunset fired her lasers at the minions, which they dodged. Rainbow fired a few missiles, but Bronc and Keto blasted them, blowing them up.

The rangers were starting grow impatient!

“Let’s try the tractor beams.” suggested Fluttershy.

“Right…! Charge them up.” said Sunset.

“Tractor-Beams, Engage!”

The beams were about to be used…

“Oh, no you don’t.” hissed Marla, and she launched her nails at the jet’s making sparks and explosions, and rocking all the rangers about making them lose focus.

“Take that!” thundered Marla, and she and her comrades sped on ahead.

“Why those dirty creeps!
We’ll send them all to the deeps!” growled Rhymey.

The others all agreed and sped their jets to go even faster.


Twilight tracked the jets on the radar. “They’re really going far out.”

Celesto began to have a sick feeling about all this, and finally it clued in, “…It’s a trap!” he snapped, and everyone in the room gasped. “Quick, open the radio channel! We’ve got to warn them!”

Twilight was just about to, when suddenly the computer gave warning, “The signal’s failing!” and at that moment, the radar screen went blank. “They’re gone!” cried Spike.

Twilight tried all she could, but couldn’t pick up their signal, nor-could she activate the remote-override and turn the jets round. “We’ve lost them!”

Everyone felt deeply concerned.

“Where do you think they’ve gone?” asked Luna.

“I dread to think of it,” said Celestia, but she and everyone else thought there was only place of all the rangers were going if they couldn’t be detected.


“Hey, look!” cried Sunset. She motioned at something appearing in the distance.

“Is that what I think it is?” asked Buddy.

“It’s… the prison tower!” said Rainbow “We finally found it.”

“More like we were lead straight to it!” whimpered Fluttershy.

Rhymey pounded his seat in outrage,

“They were battling us out to waste our power,
And then lead us here, right to the tower.”


Suddenly, powerful blasts were shot out from the tower; mostly large fire-balls that struck each jet super hard.

“Whoa!” cried Sunset, and she felt her jet losing height.

“We’re going down!” cried Rainbow.

“Noses up!!” shouted Buddy.

Everyone pulled on the controls as best they could to get their jet’s up straighter, and they just barely managed to as the jets slammed vertically down onto the rocky shores, knocking each ranger unconscious in their seat, and their suits powered down.

While up on the top of the tower, Vulcan, whom had shot the jets down, was laughing wickedly, “Game over, Rangers!”

To Be Continued…!