• ...
103
 11
 1,145

Episode 19: Scary Thoughts

EPISODE NINETEEN

The summer mornings were bright and often filled with joy and hope for the people who enjoyed the outdoors, but this morning however, Buddy was looking a little down as he worked at the community garden, and this bad sight to be seen, as usually gardening is where he felt most at peace and content; tending to the flowers, picking vegetables for the Farmer’s Market, but not today.

Rhymey came jogging down the street as part of his morning routine, and decided to stop at the garden.

“Hey Hi,
Buddy guy.” he called.

“Just though I’d drop by
And get flowers for Fluttershy.”

Buddy grimly looked up and told him, “Just pick whatever you want, and I’ll ring it up for you at the front.”

His sadness did not go unnoticed, and Rhymey approached his friend.

“Hey…
Is everything okay?
You seem rather grim today.”

Buddy sighed, “It’s Tree Hugger. You know her, right?”

“Not as well as you or Fluttershy,
But we sometimes hangout; the girls and I”

He chuckled softly,

“And if I remember quite right,
The two of you seem to be growing tight.”

Buddy couldn’t deny this, ever since the graduation prom, three weeks ago, he and Tree Hugger hung out a lot in spare times. They’d taken walks, they’d gone to the movies, Buddy even attended one of her Yoga classes, but somehow yoga just wasn’t for him.

The only thing they hadn’t done was share their first kiss yet.

All-in-all, the two of them were growing very close and had lots of the same interests in common, preferably the environment.

It almost looked as if they were ready to take it to the next level, but that was the problem Buddy was having. “I’m thinking…” he paused, “I’m thinking of breaking it off with her.”

Now Rhymey looked concerned, and rather shocked.


(Que Intro)

Tree Hugger was teaching her yoga class on the grassy hills by the Community Center. All the kids were sitting on their mats, and Fluttershy was in the class as well, just for a small visit, she wasn’t a regular student.

The soft music and gentle nature sounds were playing from Tree Hugger’s CD-player as she instructed the class. “Breath deep, seek peace.”

The class did as it was told.

“Now reach waaaaaay up, like your arms are a water wall. Feel the flowing, like magic infestation.”

The class did as they were told and they felt very relaxed. “Yeah, righteous.” sighed Tree Hugger, “Okay… that’s like, it for this sesh… so, everyone, peace out your energy fields, and blessings to y’all.”

The students thanked their teacher and headed off to the center to get changed, while Fluttershy stayed to help her friend clear away the mats. “That felt wonderful, Tree.” she said, “But, you seem a bit more relaxed today than usual.”

Tree sighed and hugged a stack of mats close to her, “Oh, I am like, totally in the clouds. Last night, I and Bud went to this movie that was righteous. Followed it up with a pizza, and then took a stroll in the park under the stars. It was so blissful; I could feel the aura coming from us both.”

Fluttershy loved where this was going, and she loved it all the more that her two friends were finding such interests in each other, like she and Rhymey did. “Did he finally kiss you?” she asked and gawked at her with an anxious, goofy smile wanting an answer, but Tree sighed, “Nah, he didn’t, but I still peaced out mega last night.” she sighed again “I’ve never known anyone like Bud, we are like a totally major match up, if you get what I mean.”

Fluttershy knew exactly how she felt, “I’ll never forget when Rhymey and I first became a couple. It was during the performance we had, and I realized he was the secret admirer leaving poems in my locker.”

She sighed heavenly remembering that day, after the show when she and Rhymey decided to go out and get a milkshake to celebrate their being a couple, and he just sang a song for her.

(0:59)

Fluttershy…
Fluttershy…

Yellow as sunlight, warm as can be
Caring to all with love and with glee
Sweet as a mother caring for all
Timid at times, but sweet like a doll

Fluttershy…
Fluttershy…

When you are smiling, the light does grow
When you are weeping, it hurts me just so
When you are shy you just have know…

You’re Fluttershy…
Fluttershy…
Fluttershy…!


Fluttershy…
Fluttershy…

Lovely like springtime, soft as the breeze
Friend to the creatures, flowers and trees
Magical wonders surrounding you
Helping the world just as you do

Fluttershy…
Fluttershy…

What are the secrets that make you flow?
How does it come to you, where does it go?
It doesn’t matter, I love you so…

Fluttershy…
Fluttershy…

Fluttershy…
Fluttershy…

…Fluttershy!

Fluttershy sighed heavenly. Her cheeks were bright pink, but then she snapped herself back to reality. “Oh, sorry, I got a little carried away.”

“…It’s solid.” said Tree. “I just hope Bud and me end up like you and Rhymey. Solid as ice, calm as the sea, intertwined like the leaves on a tree.”

Fluttershy noted the rhyme in that, “You sound like my boyfriend.”

The girls shared a giggle.


Meanwhile, the boys were talking it over, and Buddy explained his reasons for his thoughts of dumping Tree Hugger “Don’t get me wrong. I really like her; she’s smart beautiful, fun, and just like me in many ways, but… I just don’t think I keep subjecting her to all this danger that I face.”

Rhymey thought it somewhat sweet that he was showing he cared, but he wasn’t all that crazy for the breakup idea.

“I realize that there is a danger,
But do you really want to break up with her?

Look at Fluttershy and me,
We’re as happy as can be.
We don’t let the danger get to us, see?”

Buddy sighed, “I know, I know all that, but you and Fluttershy are different. You’re both used to this stuff, and you both fight the danger together. Don’t you ever get worried about one-another, like you what if you got really badly hurt, or worse…?”

Rhymey couldn’t deny that. Despite his confidence in Fluttershy, deep down there were always some doubting moments when he would worry about her, and she worried about him too.

“See what I mean?” said Buddy “If Tree Hugger always hangs with me, she’ll wind a bigger target of danger than any civilian had. I can’t ask her to risk her life everyday like that, and much as I want to, I can’t always guarantee her safety. What kind of a relationship is that?”

Rhymey honestly didn’t know what to tell him.

“Well, it’s all up to you.
What will you do?”

Buddy sighed, “I don’t know. I just really need some time to think about this, but… promise me you won’t tell Tree Hugger.”

Rhymey nodded, promising not to tell Tree Hugger a thing.


Meanwhile, the villains were spying on their conversation, via the monitors. “Aww, poor Green Ranger’s got girl troubles.” said Adagio.

“Oooh!”the other two taunted, and then snickered.

“I wonder,” said Aria “Do we have a monster we can use to throw in the midst of things?”

“We sure do…” Marla called as she entered the room, “Allow me to present a creature that can strike fear in anyone’s eyes… Bansheeva!”

The monster resembled that of a father stunning, but evil looking banshee-like creature. She wasn’t really a ghost, but she was pale skinned, dressed in a ghostly like robe, and had long dark hair, and she demonstrated her power by morphing into a huge scary specter, that was intangible, and screamed at Sonata.

Sonata gazed into her horrifying eyes, and she suddenly felt weak in the knees, and hid behind the others whimpering, “S-S-Stay away! Keep her away from me!”

The others looked into her eyes, and they suddenly feel victim to the spell as well. All three of them hid under the table. “O-O-Okay… she’ll do!” said Adagio “Can you get her out of here now?”

Bansheeva became tangible again, and snickered, “I haven’t lost my touch. I’m going to put such a scare on those rangers; they’ll be running for their mamas.”

Marla snickered at the thought.


Meanwhile, Rhymey didn’t tell Tree Hugger what Buddy told him, but he didn’t promise not to tell the other rangers. Twilight and Spike were with them, and they all were talking at an outdoor café at lunch.

“He wants to breakup with her?” Fluttershy asked in shock.

Her boyfriend shook his head and corrected her,

“He isthinkingof it, that’s what he said.
But he’s not so sure. He’s really in such dread.”

Fluttershy felt worried for Tree Hugger, she and the others already knew how much Tree liked Buddy, and really wanted things to work out.

“I get he doesn’t want her to be in danger.” said Rainbow “But danger’s still going to happen even they aren’t together. It’s been happening before.”

Sunset soft of agreed with that, “Still, a breakup can be really hard. I should know…” she referred to the time when Flash dumped her-- of course she didn’t know that he, like her, was an alien and plotting against her. “I was so jealous of Twilight; I wanted to blast her into space!”

“What…?!”Twilight and Spike suddenly snapped, and Rainbow quickly corrected them, “She means the other Twilight Sparkle; the princess that we knew once.”

“Ah…” said Twilight “I keep forgetting sometimes. I just wish I could’ve met her once.” She knew that would never though, because Princess Twilight Sparkle had died a long time ago.

“Focus, peeps.” said Rainbow “What are we going to do for Buddy?”

“I don’t think we should do anything.” said Twilight and she poked through one of her text-books, “According to studies, putting pressure on someone can only lead to even greater internal conflict, and doubt in one’s self.”

Spike sighed, “Even out of school, she never puts the books down.”

Twilight gave him a quirky expression for that assessment. “The point is, it’s up to Buddy to decide what to do. We can’t really pressure him, but we can try and be sympathetic, be there for him if he needs us.”

The others agreed.


Meanwhile, Buddy was wrapping up with his shift at the garden, and he was talking to himself, trying to find words of what to say to Tree Hugger. “Tree Hugger, we need to talk…

No, no, sounds too dull.”

He tried again…

“Hey, babe, mind if we talk…!

Ugh! That’s disgusting!”

He cleared his throat and tried a third time.

“Tree Hugger, um… I need to tell you something.”

“Tell me what…?” Tree Hugger asked right behind him, startling him, “Tree Hugger.”

“Whoa, someone’s a little hyped up. You really need to learn to bliss out, ya know. Ease your cells, let your spirit chill.”

Buddy chuckled nervously, “And, how should I do that?”

Tree Hugger fluttered her eyes at him “Well, we can take a walk, and I can buy you lunch in the park.”

He smiled at her, “I’d like that.” he then took her hand and they walked off together.

It was a lovely day to be in the park anyway. Tree Hugger did as she promised and bought Buddy a hotdog, while she herself got a tofu-dog, being a vegetarian. She didn’t mind that Buddy ate meat and didn’t try to force all her beliefs on him, nor he do that to her.

Sometimes he bought for her, and sometimes she bought for him.

As they sat on the bench, just enjoying the warm and blissfulness of the park, Tree Hugger noticed Buddy seemed to be acting a little stranger. “Everything okay?” she asked.

“Hmm…? Oh, I… I’m just a little uneasy lately.”

Tree couldn’t help but ask, “Um… is it about me?”

“What? Oh, no, no… it’s not that, it’s just… well, uh…”

She gave him a small look, which told him she wasn’t fooled, and Buddy realized he had to come clean. “Look, Tree Hugger, I got a problem.” he said, and he hesitated trying to pick his words carefully, “I just don’t think… Well, what’s I’m trying to say is… I… Well, I…”

Before he could go any further, a swarm of Lingos appeared.

“Ah, man!” groaned Buddy.

“Whoa! Like, we were having a moment here!” said Tree Hugger, but the Lingos didn’t seem to care at all and began to swarm in.

“Quick, get out of here!” Buddy yelled at Tree Hugger, and she ran off quickly.

Buddy then contacted the rangers warning them about the park and hurry on over. “Okay, time to get busy.” He said, and he leapt in, un-morphed, and battled the Lingos by himself.

He back-flipped over and kicked an oncoming Lingo in the chest, and then caught another one by the arm and judo flipped it onto its back.

One Lingo tried to punch him from behind, but Buddy spun round dodging it, and punched the Lingo way back and crashing into a garbage can.

The remaining Lingos began to look scared, “What’s wrong,” Buddy taunted “Too scared to fight anymore.”

“Not as scared as you will be, Ranger!” snarled a voice, and Bansheeva appeared on the scene, cackling at him. “Oh, great…! This is all I needed.” grumbled Buddy.

The monster hissed at him, “Don’t look so scared, the fun’s just about to begin, and then you’ll be too petrified to even stand!”

Buddy grunted, and readied himself, “It’s Morphin’ Time!”

“Morphing Sequence… Ready!”

“Starfleet Magic… Power on!!”

Once he was morphed, he stood poised and snarled at the monster, “Okay, you walking nightmare, you’re going down!”

He charged forth to attack Bansheeva, but the monster just stood where she was, not even the least bit discouraged, and suddenly, just as Buddy was ready to attack, she changed into her horrifying spectral form, making Buddy halt in his tracks. “Whoa!” he cried as he looked into the specter’s horrible eyes, and he began to feel very strange inside, and he actually felt weak in the knees while the specter just laughed at him like a horrifying spirit.


The other rangers arrived on the scene, already morphed. “Buddy…!” Sunset called to him.

“What’s wrong with him?” asked Rainbow.

They all saw Buddy face-to-face with Bansheeva, in her normal form, but he was backing away from her, all timid and fretting, “Stay away! K-K-K-Keep away from me…!”

“He looks so scared.” said Fluttershy, “And I know scared!”


Bansheeva moved in closer to the cowering Green Ranger, “Scary, isn’t it?” she hissed “But not as scary as this!” and she fired bolts of lightning from her monstrous eyes, hitting Buddy and making big explosions and knocking him over.

“Buddy!” cried Fluttershy as the rangers all dashed to his side, but he acted just as scared and as shaky as ever. “Keep her away! Don’t let her near me!” he cried.

“Buddy, what’s wrong with you?
What did this monster do?” asked Rhymey.

Bansheeva laughed, “I did to him exactly what I’m about to do to you!”

“Think again!” snapped Sunset, and she and the rangers attacked all at once, but the monster proved to just as good at fighting as well, striking them with her monstrous claws as they all approached. Sparks flew everywhere, and Rhymey fell face-down in a nearby mud puddle, getting wet mud all over the visor of his helmet.

“Help me!
I can’t see!” he shouted.

The other rangers all got back onto their feet. “Wow, she’s tougher than she looks!” groaned Rainbow.

“Well you aren’t so tough!” hissed Bansheeva, “And now I’ll make you even worse!” and she went into scary-mode again. One look into her eyes and the girls were frightened into the same spell Buddy was under.

“Whoa!” cried Sunset “What’s happening?”

“I… I… feel so scared!” cried Rainbow.

Fluttershy was shaking so much, you’d think she was about to explode. She had felt nervous before but never this much! She could hardly even speak.

“You are in my power now, rangers.” hissed Bansheeva “Your fears are rising, and soon you’ll barely be able to stand on your feet. Let alone get in my way of destroying the city!”

The four rangers were cowering and whimpering like scared little kids, while Rhymey was still blinded by the mud and trying desperately to wipe it off. Finally, he grew fed up, and drew out his Raid Blade.

“Never that now…!
I’ve got beat this rat now!”

“What?!” snapped Bansheeva. She was very surprised to see that Rhymey was not scared like the others and actually still willing to fight her, fortunately for her, Rhymey swung all he could, but his sword only went right through her. She was intangible after all.

Still, in this form she couldn’t attack, and had to revert to her solid form.

“You’ve actually got more spunk than I thought!” she hissed at him.

Rhymey turned his head to where the sound of her voice was coming, and dashed at her like a charging warrior, but Bansheeva blasted her lightning at him, blowing him hard, and his suit powered down automatically!

“Rhymey!” cried Fluttershy. She tried to rush over to help him, but the monster blasted her and the other rangers, making big explosions, and they de-morphed as well, now they were feeling frightened and weak.

Rhymey could see now that his helmet was off, and he was really upset to see how helpless his friends seemed, and the monster was moving in to finish them off, but thinking quickly, he grabbed a hand full of the mud from the puddle fell in, and pitched the globs right at Bansheeva, slapping her right in the face and blinding her. “A’RGH! I… I can’t see!” she whined.

“There’s mud in your eyes.” joked Rhymey, and they he dashed over to help the others,
“Come on, you guys!” and he helped get the others away from the monster and dash for a nearby jump-tube, and by the time the monster rubbed the mud from her eyes, was she ever outraged that they had gotten away. “No matter!” she hissed “I’ve got four of the rangers under my fright spell. Now they can’t even get near me without wetting themselves, let alone put up a fight.” She snickered “This city is about to become a living nightmare!”


Once back at the base, the other rangers all felt much better, but Twilight had been monitoring their medical readings all through the fight, “The stress levels… their heartrates… all off the charts.”

“But we feel okay now.” said Fluttershy.

“That’s all because you’re far away from the monster.” said Celesto. He ran his alien scanner over each of the four affected rangers. “Just as I thought: When you looked into that monster’s eyes, your minds and your nerves have all been affected badly. If you go anywhere near Bansheeva again, you’ll start to feel afraid.”

Rainbow sighed, “Well that’s just lovely!”

Rhymey was the only not under the spell, but it wasn’t exactly advisable for him to take on the monster all by himself, even if he knew not to look at the monster’s eyes.

“By the way,” asked Spike “How were you able to fight the monster when you couldn’t even see her?”

Rhymey explained,

“While practicing fencing I was taught ways to fight,
In case if I was blinded or couldn’t see sight.

I use my other senses, feeling, smelling, or hear
Or feeling vibrations along the ground,
That way I can tell where my enemies are,
And determine where they are bound.”

Everyone found this amazing, but it still didn’t help sort out the present situation.


Suddenly, the alarms went off, “What’s happening?” asked Celesto asked Twilight. “See for yourself.” replied Twilight and she showed everyone on the monitors. It was Bansheeva, using her horror-spell to curse all the people in the city to fear her, leaving the city itself vulnerable to attack!

“Don’t look in her eyes!” cried Spike, and he, Celesto, Rhymey and Twilight looked away, and Twilight shut the monitors off!

“Um… can we come out now?” whimpered Sunset, and she and the other affected rangers nervously poked their heads up from behind the table, quivering in fear from their seeing the monster, even just on the screens.

Celesto sighed pitifully, “This is not good.”

“Even so,
I must go!” said Rhymey.

The team knew he was right, and they couldn’t leave the monster to terrorize the city anymore. “Rhymey, be careful.” said Celesto “If that monster curses you, we may not be able to stop her.”

Rhymey was aware of this, and decided to rely on his special fencing training.

“I will do what I can,
Just help the others, man.”

Then he rushed for the Jump-Tubes.

“Rhymey…!” Fluttershy called to him “Please be careful.”

Her boyfriend nodded at her and then he was gone, through the tubes and on his way to battle.

Fluttershy did feel very nervous about him going into to battle alone. Buddy saw this, and this was a perfect example of how he felt about Tree Hugger, and now he was worried about her more, and hoping with all his soul that she was all right!


Meanwhile, many citizens were cowering, and others were running scared as Bansheeva, in her spectral form, spread her fear curse all over. Why even the police were too scared to get out their guns, and just ran for it like everyone else did!

“Yes!!” laughed Bansheeva, “The screams! The fright! I love it!!”

That’s when Rhymey, already morphed, leapt in onto the scene with his sword ready. “You!” thundered Bansheeva.

“You may love fear,
But this ends here!”

Bansheeva growled and began to transform into her spectral form.

“Oh, no you don’t!
Scare me, you won’t!” said Rhymey, and he shut his eyes tightly, preventing the spell from working on him, which aggravated the monster greatly. “Fine then…” She grunted, and she grabbed a parking meter on its pole, pulling it out of the ground and held it like a weapon “We’ll play it your way!”

Rhymey was still about to hear where she was, and he charged forth, actually finding her and their weapons clashed together.

Bansheeva was astonished how well Rhymey was fighting with his eyes shut, and she got struck a couple of times. “Oh, yeah!” she snapped “Take this!” and she fired her lightning blasts, which Rhymey was able to dodge, but the explosion threw a whole bunch of debris from the road at him, hitting him from all over, and gave the monster her chance to strike him!

“Come on…” she taunted at him “Open your eyes, you know you must!”

Rhymey just scoffed at her,

“I won’t let you get to me,
It’ll take more to get through me.”

So the battle continued, and Rhymey continued to fight blindly keeping his eyes shut.

Tree Hugger came round the corner when she heard all the danger and saw the people running, “Whoa! Like what is going on here?” she cried, and then she saw Rhymey and the monster dishing it out…

Their weapons contacted, and the two fighters began to struggle hard, pushing against one another hard, and Rhymey finally kicked Bansheeva hard in the stomach, knocking her back a few paces, but in the midst of things, Bansheeva swing her weapon and knocked Rhymey’s away, and then she blasted him with her lightning before he could react, making big explosions and knocking the lone ranger to the ground.

“Ah, man…!” Tree Hugger cried, and her voice alerted Rhymey’s attention, and the monster’s “Ooh, what have we here!” Bansheeva hissed, “Another victim for my scare game.”

“Tree Hugger, No!
Get out of here, Go!” shouted Rhymey, but it was too late, Bansheeva already went spectral, and zapped Tree Hugger hard under the spell.

“Whoa, like, what’s happening?” cried Tree Hugger “I feel like my chakra’s all stiff and scared.”

“Oh,
No!” cried Rhymey.

He knew he couldn’t go on like this, and needed the other rangers’ help. He just hoped they would be up to it.

Back at the base, the alarms sounded, but Twilight kept the monitors off. They didn’t have to be on anyway to know what was happening. “I was afraid of this.” said Twilight “Rhymey can’t handle the battle alone.”

“…Oh!!” cried Fluttershy “We’ve got to do something!”

“But what?” snapped Rainbow “If we go out there, we’ll be too freaked out to face a fly, let alone that monster.”

Rhymey suddenly contacted the team,

“Rangers, help me!
I need you! Hurry…!”

Then they could hear a girl’s voice over the radio. “I’m totally freaked out here!”

“Tree Hugger!” cried Buddy. This was exactly what he was afraid of-- her being in serious danger. He clenched his fists and dashed for the jump tube!

“Buddy…!” Sunset called, but Buddy had already gone. “Did you see him?”

The girls nodded, and Celesto noted Buddy’s attitude. “He seemed determined to save Tree Hugger.” And he realized “That could be the answer. Maybe if you all focus more on being brave than being scared, it could help to overpower the spell, but keep in mind, it’s just a guess.”

The girls realized this…

“I say we go for it.” said Rainbow. Sunset agreed, “We can’t let the boys face that monster alone.”

“Tree Hugger’s my friend, too.” said Fluttershy “I’ve got to help her, and Rhymey.”

“Come on, let’s go!” cried Sunset, and she and the others dashed for the jump-tubes and were gone.

“You think they have a chance?” asked Spike.

“We can only hope so.” replied Twilight.

Tree Hugger was quivering softly as she backed away from the sight of the ghostly monster. “It’s over for you, girly. No one can save you now.” Bensheeva hissed.

“This is so not cool!” whimpered Tree Hugger, “I need some sonic bliss to clear up. It always cools me down.”

She shut her eyes trying to think clearly, and she began to sing in a deep trance, making unusual sounds.

Bensheeva was not amused and changed into her solid form. “Like that will ever work…” and she prepared to finish her off, but Rhymey charged forth, still with his eyes shut tight, but he got kicked hard in the chest and was sent sliding up the street.

Tree Hugger just continued to sing calmly as she sat where she was, and the monster prepared to get her again, when suddenly her arm got lassoed by Buddy’s whip, and she got yanked hard and went right into a brick wall.

“No one messes with my girl!” Buddy thundered.

“Bud…?” cried Tree Hugger, she didn’t open her eyes, but she knew the sound of his voice anywhere.

Rhymey was glad to see him too, but as the monster got to her feet, Buddy began to feel his fear creeping up on him again. “Oh, no…!” he whimpered.

“What’s wrong, feeling a bit scared?” taunted Bansheeva “I know I would be if I were about to be destroyed!”

Buddy began to back away softly.

“Rhymey… Buddy…!” Fluttershy called as she and the other rangers arrived on the scene, but upon getting closer to the monster, they, too, began to feel frightened again, and found it hard to concentrate.

“Maybe… this wasn’t such a good idea!” cried Rainbow.

Bansheeva snickered, “Oh, this is just too perfect!” and she went spectral again to intensify the spell, making the rangers feel more scared than ever.

Rhymey, still keeping his eyes shut, called to the others…

“Don’t give in to her, Rangers!
Try to be brave and face the dangers!”


“W-W-We can’t!” cried Sunset.

“Ugh! This is so humiliating!” groaned Rainbow.

The monster laughed, “It’s no use, Rangers! You’re all lost, scared out of your nerves, and it’s the last feeling you’ll ever know before you feel the agony of defeat!”

Buddy grunted and groaned as he tried to find his courage… when he, then, heard Tree Hugger singing in her blissful trance…

“Tree Hugger…!” he muttered. The other rangers were soon captivated by the sound too, and were strangely starting to feel less frightened.

“What’s this?!” snapped Bansheeva, and she tried to pour more of spell out into the field, but Tree Hugger kept on singing. She then paused and called out “Let go, Peeps… Bliss out!” and then went back to her singing, which helped to calm the rangers’ spirits even more.

“Whoa…!” said Rainbow “It’s like… the spell’s wearing off.”

“I feel it too.” added Fluttershy.

“No! No, this can’t happen!!” growled Bansheeva, and she changed back to solid, and glared at Tree Hugger, “You’re little song’s over, Missy!” and she prepared to strike her down…

But Buddy finally found his strength again, and he lassoed the monster with his whip and yanked her away from Tree Hugger, and slammed her hard on the ground, “I told you to back off my girl!”

Tree Hugger opened her eyes and looked at him lovingly, and he nodded right at her. His confidence fully restored, the other rangers’ were restored too, and Rhymey no longer had to keep his eyes shut.

“Don’t think you’ve won just yet!” shouted Bansheeva, and she unleashed more lightning bolts. “Dodge it!” shouted Sunset, and all the rangers leapt out of the way. “Get her!”

One-by-one, with their weapons ready, the rangers attacked, slashing and clobbering at the monster. She didn’t even have a chance to go intangible. “Alright, bring ‘em together guys!” said Sunset.

“Weapons Combine!”

“Star Slammer, Ready!”

The rangers stood with their weapon at the ready.

“You think that scares me…?!” thundered Bansheeva, but the rangers ignored her and shouted together,“STAR SLAMMER… ULTRA-STRIKE!!”and slammed on her hard, causing her to be shocked and flare up.

“Wicked cool!” said Tree Hugger.


…But back at the prison tower. “You haven’t won yet, Rangers.” snapped Keto“FORTISSIMO!!”


The mugic rushed to the island, and turned Bansheeva into a giant horror! She laughed and she thundered, “Now who’s small and scared?”

Sunset grunted, but not in fear, and immediately called to the base, “Jet-Star Megazord!”

The Megazord dropped down onto the field at once, and the rangers leapt inside of it.

“Time for a big fright!” shouted Bansheeva, and she went spectral again and began to work her spell.

“Don’t look!” cried Rainbow, and she and everyone else looked down at the consoles. “Everyone, just look at your radar screens.” said Sunset.

Bansheeva could see that her spell wouldn’t work so long as the rangers didn’t look at her, so she changed to solid again. But she still had the upper-hand. “Just because you know where I am doesn’t mean you know what I’ll do.” and she demonstrated by punching and clawing at the zord hard, rocking the rangers about inside.

“I fear it’s the end of you, Rangers.” the monster called to them, and she charged forth, and prepared to fire more Lightning at them all…

…But Rhymey wouldn’t have it.

“Time to instill
A little skill!” he said, and he rammed on the controls, making the megazord draw out its sword, just at the point where Bansheeva unleashed her lightning, but the megazord held the sword, and reflected the bolts right back at the monster, hitting her hard in big explosions and knocking her down.

“Okay, that was scary!” she groaned.

“Way to go, Rhymey!” said Fluttershy.

“Awesome, man!” added Buddy.

Sunset agreed, “Okay, let’s finisher her off! Energize the saber!”

“Star Saber, Engage!”

The sword glowed brightly, and the Megazord made the magic circle and star. Once this was done, the rangers shouted all together,“STAR SLASH… GO!!”

The megazord slashed, and the star flew off, blasting at the monster. Her body flared up and sparked like crazy. “THIS IS PRETTY SCARY!” Bansheeva shouted, and she exploded, was imprisoned, and beamed into the cockpit.


Tree Hugger, watched everything from below, and she let loose and jumped for joy. “Totally righteous!” she cheered.

The Megazord just stood tall and proud, and Sunset declared, “Monster Captured. Mission Complete.”



At the tower, the villains were all sulking. “Well that went swimmingly.” grumbled Sonata.

“Never mind that.” said Adagio “We’ll just let the rangers think they’ve won.”

Aria agreed, “It’ll only make it that much sweeter when WE win.”

The girls snickered, while the minions just walked off.


Once the rangers brought their capture to the base, they all went about their own daily routines, but Buddy was still concerned about his worrying about Tree Hugger. What happened that day proved that even if he did breakup with her, she’d still be in danger, so would all the people. Even if he left the island, she wouldn’t always be safe.

Just then, someone cleared their throat; it was Celesto come to buy flowers for his wife, and wanting a little service. “Sorry, sir.” said Buddy and he helped ring up the pay, but before Celesto left he had to ask, “Still contemplating about Tree Hugger?”

Buddy’s eyes winced, “You mean you know?”

Celesto nodded, “The others told me of your troubles.”

Buddy felt a little frustrated that his friends told, but then again he only told Rhymey, and he only told him not to tell Tree Hugger.

“Look…” Celesto said “I’m not trying to pressure you into doing anything, but do you remember when Celestia and I felt at odd ends, and felt that we couldn’t be together?”

Buddy couldn’t forget that at all; how Celesto was Celestia’s employer, and he was much richer than she was. Most people felt it would awkward if they rekindled their lost relationship. Plus, Celestia had huge temperamental issues.

“Well, do you remember what Pony Lightning Dawn said to us?”

“How could I forget.” replied Buddy “When two people are in love that’s all that really matters.

But what’s that got to do with me and Tree Hugger?”

Celesto sighed and shook his head pitifully, “What I’m trying to say is, we’re very happy together, and do you realize how many dangers have struck and affected us?”

Buddy began to realize what he was saying.

“It’s your choice, Buddy.” said Celesto “Whatever you decide, I just hope you’re not making a mistake the way I did once.” Then he gathered the flowers he bought and went off.

Buddy, now all alone in the big empty garden, just sat and thought very deeply of what to tell Tree Hugger.

Ultimately, in the end, he texted her, and told her to meet with him in the park at sundown.

So they met up.

“Tree Hugger, I need to tell you something.” he said to her.

His girlfriend looked a little down, “Look, Bud… Fluttershy told me how you feel.”

Buddy gasped softly, and felt ready to kick himself for still not being clear with the whole “No Telling” of things. “So, you know how I’ve been feeling?” he asked, and she nodded sadly, “Look, if you really want to break it off--”

“…I don’t.” Buddy quickly.

She froze dead-still on the spot, “What?”

“I don’t want to breakup.” and he explained to her everything he had thought, “There’s always going to be some dangers, and I can’t stop that, even though I fight it all the time, and besides…” he paused and approached her, looking her deeply in the eyes, “I can’t give you up, I just can’t; especially not after you helped me and the others.”

She smiled lovingly at him, and her eyes sparkled.

“Tree Hugger…” Buddy asked sweetly “Will you go to the next level with me?”

His response was Tree grabbed the back of his head and pulling him into a kiss. Buddy melted inside and surrendered to her.

Little did they realize, the other Rangers were nearby, saw the whole thing and went “Aww…!”

Rhymey and Fluttershy were especially happy, and pecked each other softly on the lips.