• Published 26th Aug 2017
  • 2,337 Views, 62 Comments

Unromantic - Storylover-Vodhr

  • ...
3
 62
 2,337

Competitiveness

"Like hay can Megamare beat Daring Do! She would crush that stupid tin can!"

Twilight couldn't help herself as she sighed into her teacup, before finally looking over to Cadence. Her fellow Princess, however, was staring at the argument with a strangely fond smile, which, for whatever reason, irritated her more.

This argument was childish. But, it should've been expected. Both Rainbow Dash and Shining Armor could be incredibly immature when they wanted to be. And, now that they've insulted each other's favorite fictional characters, their adult gloves were off, and they quickly let their immaturity shine.

She should've just told Shining and Cadence that she was getting married through a letter. That's what they did, after all. Fair was fair.

"Yeah, like that child book nopony could beat the most powerful robo-pony in existence! She'd get fried in, like, ten seconds, tops!"

Cadence giggled a little at that, and Twilight just rolled her eyes at her sister-in-law's love struck demeanor. She should be as irritated with her special somepony as she was, if only for solidarity's sake.

But, no. She had to be all... Princess of love-ey.

"Twilight, I can't wait for you to enjoy what me and Shiny share. There is nothing greater than true love."

Yeah, yeah. Twilight knew how this song and dance went. She had already heard it fifty times today alone. She loved visiting with her brother and sister-in-law, but now she was really lamenting her choice in breaking the news.

"Well, what do you know?"

The Princess of friendship winced at Rainbow's angry, yet quieting tone, and promptly put her cup down. She knew that Dash was nearing her melting point. If she didn't stop this, Dash could end up doing who knows what.

But, before she could intervene, Shining armor just smirked, and shook his head.

"Well, I am a prince. We typically know better then the riff raff."

Rainbow quickly took offense to that, and grew red in the face, and Twilight sighed internally. She knew that Shining could get petty when it came to foalish arguments, but that was a low blow, even for him.

"Oh yeah?"

Another smirk from Shining, and Twilight looked over to Cadence for support. But, she seemed oblivious to the argument's impending escalation.

Which was probably fair. Dash's true blowups were surprisingly subtle, until they actually happened. If she got quiet but was still angry, then it was dangerous.

"Uh huh."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yep."

Dash went quiet at that for a moment, which was when Cadence decided to speak up.

"So, when's your special somepony supposed to show up?"

The question took Twilight completely off guard, her attention slipping off of Rainbow and moving right onto her sister-in-law, who then took a sip of tea.

And that's when Rainbow finally blew up.

"Well, I'm sleeping with your sister!"

And, at that exclamation, several things happened. Cadence immediately made a spit-take, the spray getting into Twilight's face, and more importantly, her eyes.

Twilight, as a result, let out a squeal, leaned back and fell backwards, kicking the table which flipped over and poured it's contents onto the Princess of love.

Shining armor, however, did not react to his wife's table-usurping, and instead fell to his knees dramatically, screaming a loud and very Vader-esque "Noooooooo~!"

And, all the while, Rainbow Dash laughed manically.