• Published 26th Aug 2017
  • 2,336 Views, 62 Comments

Unromantic - Storylover-Vodhr

  • ...
3
 62
 2,336

So.... is there a guide or something?

"So.... What now?"

As Twilight pondered the statement, she found that the question was a surprisingly valid one. What now? They were dating. It was mutual agreement, and they had cemented it with a wet, inexperienced, yet frankly amazing kiss.

They had agreed to a formal consensual relationship. And, after the fireworks, the amazing and breathtaking moment that had led up to their mutual and cohesive bonding, they had just... began to sit there. Waiting awkwardly, leaning against one another.

Was there supposed to be some major epiphany, where they discovered some new secret of the universe? It didn't seem to be the case. Maybe they were they supposed to kiss some more?

The idea seemed to be a little forward, to be honest. A single, amazing kiss seemed to be perfectly enough for now. There was little reason to get greedy. Besides, logically, while more kissing would be nice, Twilight doubted it was the key to suddenly understanding romance.

But what else could there be? She had absolutely zero experience in dating. Should she offer Rainbow Dash Coffee? A late night snack? Offer to let her sleep in her bed?

That idea seemed even more forward than simply kissing, especially considering their new-found relationship. Even if the bed back at the castle was large enough to fit three separate ponies, with no chance of them even coming in contact with each other. Besides, Twilight had standards after all, and Shining would kill both her and Dash, if he heard that they shared a bed right after they started dating.

Plus, knowing Dash, the innuendo and jokes that would result from that would be hazardous to both of their health.
Mainly Twilight's mental health, which would immediately start to affect Dash's physical once she got sufficiently fed up.

So... What? Should they just go their separate ways?

That idea... well, it actually had some merit. It was awfully late out. And Dash had practice with the wonderbolts in the morning. And while Twilight didn't have anything pressing to do in the earliest parts of the day, she was somewhat emotionally exhausted. All this stress and unwarranted and foolish misunderstandings had undoubtedly put strain upon both of them, to be sure.

"I... I guess we just go home?"

At the suggestion, The rainbow mare blinked in confusion before making a small frown. "What, just like that?"

Twilight nodded, this time with a small amount of hesitance. Well, when she said it like that...

"I... guess? I mean... it's late, and... It's not like there's a whole lot we can do right now. You got stuff in the morning, and... well... I'm tired."

Rainbow Dash, for the most part, didn't seem too put out. "Er, uh, yeah. Maybe tomorrow, we can set up... I don't know, a date? A date date?"

Twilight smiled a little bit at that, unsurprising when she found that it was a tad forced, due to exhaustion. "Er, yeah. Let's definitely do that."