• Published 26th Aug 2017
  • 2,337 Views, 62 Comments

Unromantic - Storylover-Vodhr

  • ...
3
 62
 2,337

Tired

Rainbow Dash had always known that Twilight was a workaholic. It had been obvious from the instant she met, and, heck, even back then, she had joked to pretty much everyone that whoever ended up being responsible for her would have a full time job, just trying to make her get some sleep.

"Twilight. Bed. Now."

Karma was kinda cruel that way.

"No... I... *Yawn* I gotta finish the weather pattern inquiries and hand them in next friday, and then, I gotta write a letter to the caterer to make sure she doesn't add asparagus to any of the food dishes at our reception. You know how Spike and Owlicious get."

Rainbow rolled her eyes at Twilight's excuse.

"Twilight, it's 1 in the morning on Saturday. The reports aren't due for, like, a whole week! And we can't even send the letter until Monday, even if you wanted to. You need sleeeeeeeep."

The purple mare shook her head in disagreement. "No! I... I asked Luna for this. I can't... *Yawn* let her down. Nor can I let our wedding go... completely crazy... like Caddy....waddy's..."

Dash groaned at the strange nickname, before shaking her head, and looking away from the completely exhausted Twilight. "It won't happen, I promise. You're already the best director of weather we've ever had, anyway. You can get one night of sleep, to cuddle up with your totally smokin' fiance."

Twilight didn't respond, and Dash sighed, before turning back to give her a bit more of her rant.

Oh, wait. She was already asleep. Rainbow let out a small if tired grin, and slowly sauntered up to the desk Twilight was sitting at, and tried to maneuver Twilight onto her back, using a wing. She couldn't just leave her asleep at her desk, after all. Not when there was Dashes to cuddle.

So, she stood beside Twilight's chair, and used a wing to maneuver Twilight onto her own back.

Almost... a little to the left.

There.

Rainbow smiled to herself at her success, and moved to take a step forward, before her already exhausted legs finally gave out, and she fell to the floor in a heap, Twilight laying on her, all the while.

"Ugh, knew those extra suicide sprints were a bad idea. Um, Twi? Can you, ya know, get off?"

The purple mare just gave a snore in response, and Rainbow sighed.

"Alright, fine. I guess this isn't too bad. I mean, She is kinda comfy this way, and she's finally asleep. I'll just take what I can get."

Rainbow then made a small smile, and shook her head, and let herself slowly drift into sleep. but, before she did, she turned her head, to try and look at Twilight's face

"Love ya, Twi."