• Published 14th Sep 2017
  • 4,505 Views, 48 Comments

My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Halloween Havoc - Brerdaniel



This story takes place after the events of Rollercoaster of Friendship. It's Halloween at Canterlot High and The Rainbooms go off against Disney's Greatest Villains who are taking over the school and plotting to invade Equestria.

  • ...
11
 48
 4,505

Chapter 9: The Power of Illusions

Sci-Twilight and Spike hurrying back to Canterlot High just as Sunset Shimmer was exiting the school she saw her best friend coming back.

"Twilight!" Sunset cried and gave her an embraced hug. "I was about to come to look for you at home!"

"Well, I did go home." Said Sci-Twilight. "But we had a mysterious encounter with The Evil Queen disguised as an old hag on the way."

"What?!" shouted Sunset.

Sci-Twilight began to explain. "It happened while Spike and I are heading straight home when we saw this old peddler woman walking alone. She looks like she was lost but she gave this apple."

Sci-Twilight grabs the apple out of her bag and showed it to her friends.

"This apple can grant me any wish if I take one bite. But I didn't tell about our powers but she told me that if our friends will end up betraying me if something bad happens."

Sunset placed her hands on her shoulders and reassures her. "Twilight, that's nonsense talk. We're not going to betray you nobody is."

"That's what I told her." Said Spike. "But where are the others?"

"They're inside," Sunset answered. "You're not going to believe what happened Fluttershy ran into Ursula the Sea Witch in the library and she gave her this."

Sunset Shimmer shows Sci-Twilight and Spike Ursula's contract scroll and reads it and became so shocked in fear.

"What?!" Sci-Twilight cried. "Fluttershy would never agree to this! What'll we do?"

"I don't know," Sunset replied. "But I think we need to head back inside and tell them the news!"

Sunset and Sci-Twilight ran back inside but before Spike follows them he saw the Evil Queen in her true form walking around the corner of the school and decided to follow her to find out what she's up to. So he tried to be careful making sure she doesn't see her so he hides in the bushes and saw Jafar, Cruella, Hades, Ursula, Captain Hook, Scar, and Dr. Facilier appeared with her as well.

"Whoa," Spike whispered. "These must be those bad guys the girls are talking about. So they're real?"

Jafar uses his snake staff to open the portal to let Maleficent appeared in Canterlot High. The villains began their report.

"Greetings my loyal allies." Said Maleficent. "Do you have anything to report?"

Hades decided to speak first. "Well, funny story Maleficent. We tried to convince these girls to tell us about their powers and their magic. So we try to make some deals with him. But it turns out it didn't turn out the way we hoped."

"What?!" scowled Maleficent sensing that they have failed her.

"Those scurvy brats know exactly who we are!" said Captain Hook. "They denied our offers!"

"However." Said Jafar. "I managed to discover something interesting."

The other villains turn to Jafar while Spike listened very carefully as the sorcerer continued speaking.

"After my meeting with Sunset Shimmer didn't go quite what I expected. I did found something magical when I came across their so-called "Wondercolt" Statue when I touched it. I sense that this could be the portal that'll lead us straight to Equestria."

Spike gasped as his eyes went wide of surprise "He what?!" he whispered.

"You found the portal?!" Dr. Facilier asked.

"I certainly did." Jafar grinned. "This could be the one we're looking for."

"But how can you be so certain that this statue could be the one we're searching for?" Cruella asked.

"Hey who cares about that?" said Hades. "If what Jaffy says is true then it'll be a great opportunity for us to invade Equestria once we take control of both this School and that world as well!"

Spike is now worried about this whole thing as continue to listen to their conversation.

"Now, hold a second there my friends." Dr. Facilier interrupted. "We have to do something about those girls they might interfere with our plan."

"That's right." Ursula realized. "They're smarter than we thought."

Scar growled. "We cannot have the Rainbooms get into our way!"

"Fear not my friends." Said Queen Grimhilde. "After my meeting with Twilight Sparkle. I have left behind a poison apple which it holds a sleeping death. True she discovers my disguise. But she holds on to it until she makes her decision. Once she takes one bite out of it her eyes will close forever."

"Hmm…sounds interesting." Said Maleficent as Spike worries about the apple he remembered.

"Yes, I also left behind the contract for Fluttershy to sign." Chuckled Ursula. "But their lives full tough choices ain't it?"

"Bah, our only concern is that those girls could get into our way." Said Jafar. "But how are we going to make them accept our deals?!"

"Why are you asking us matey?!" shouted Captain Hook. "You're a powerful sorcerer. Can't you use your snake staff to hypnotize them!?"

"I would!" Jafar argued. "But it'll be a waste of time to hypnotize all of them!"

"Enough!" Maleficent shouted with a thunder sound which it scared Spike. "I have a better way to make certain that those girls don't ruin our plan."

Jafar and other villains listen to Maleficent as she explains to her allies about her new plan as well Spike as listen very carefully.

"I will cast a dark powerful spell which will create the power of illusions that will trick those wretched girls so that they shall give up their magic. And then you Dr. Facilier will see to it to capture their magic with Grimhilde's box."

The Evil Queen gives the Shadow Man back his box so that he will begin his new mission and laugh evilly.

"NOW! We're cooking!" Facilier shouted. "We're gonna grab ourselves some MAGIC!"

"Yes." Scar grinned. "There's no time to waste we got a lot of work to do."

"No doubt Sunset and Twilight are already looking for their friends." Cruella De Vil agreed.

"Oh no, I knew something bad is going to happen." Spike feared. "I gotta warn Twilight and the others."

Spike quietly ran back inside CHS to find Twilight and Sunset making sure the villains didn't hear him leaving. As Maleficent begins her Power of Illusions spell.

"A storm of illusions shall be their tomb, born through the skies of a fog of doom. With the elements of harmony in our position, none but I shall hold their power forever in our keep to control the entire school."

Maleficent's uses her magical staff to create a dark green mist and sends it all around Canterlot High which it now affects all the students.


Elsewhere in the Music hall, The Rainbooms are discussing their encounters with the Disney Villains especially and Twilight, Fluttershy, and Applejack's encounters with The Evil Queen, Ursula, and Captain Hook. Twilight finished her story about what happened when she came back home.

"That's how it all happened." Said Sci-Twilight as she showed the poison apple to her friends. "All she left behind for me is this apple."

"Oh dear." Shuddered Fluttershy. "That's the same what happens to me when Ursula lend me her contract."

Now the girls are completely worried and are trying to figure out their next move.

"What are we gonna do Y'all?" Applejack asked.

"I don't know what those villains want with us or what's going on." Said Rainbow Dash. "But we need to find a way to stop them from spoiling our Halloween fun and keep them away from the portal to Equestria."

"I am absolute with you Rainbow Dash." Agreed Rarity. "But how are we going to do that? They can be anywhere."

Pinkie Pie dressed up as Sherlock Holmes jumps out of nowhere and said. "We should start searching for clues. Ask everyone if they see anything suspicious. Or find some evidence. Or-"

"Or you can tell me where this Dr. Facilier is!" Trixie interrupted as she barged in the music room asking the girls about Dr. Facilier's whereabouts

"What do you want, Trixie?" Rainbow asked. "We're kind of in a middle of a conversation."

"The Great and Powerful Trixie is going to be the most popular magician in Canterlot High. And since this Facilier person has arrived I am going to learn a lot from him!"

Twilight and the girls are surprised and worried that Trixie is still under his spell.

"Well you're wasting your time Trixie we haven't seen him all day," said Rarity.

"Why would you want to learn magic tricks from him?" Sunset asked.

Trixie answered. "That's only for me to know. And you never to find out. Let's just say I am amazed by his magic show and I want to be as good as him."

"Well now," said Applejack. "I seriously doubt that you're taking some voodoo lessons from him!"

"Oh we'll see about that!" said Trixie. "Now the Great and Powerful Trixie is off to continue his search for Dr. Facilier!"

Trixie threw a powder bomb and disappeared in a puff of blue smoke. The Rainbooms all coughed as the smoke diminished.

Pinkie Pie gasped. "She's gone!….Oh, wait. There she is."

Trixie was hiding behind the door before zipping away like a Looney Toon. Leaving the girls feeling worried about Trixie.

"I got a bad feeling that Trixie is putting herself in the wrong side." Said Sci-Twilight.

"Me too." Said Sunset Shimmer. "We better go after her and make sure she's okay."

Rainbow Dash suggested. "Alright, we'll stay here just in case these baddies show up again."

Sunset and Twilight left to go find Trixie just before the green mist gets in the music hall.


Elsewhere Trixie was running so fast until she bumps into the Shadow Man and fell on the floor.

"Ouch, that must've been hurt." She moaned.

"Are you perhaps looking for me?" said Dr. Facilier.

Trixie looked up and sees Dr. Facilier standing right in front of her. Trixie didn't know what to say to him.

"I most certainly am!" said Trixie as she got up. "The Great and Powerful Trixie is very amazed by your performance you made at the cafeteria yesterday. And wishes to learn what I need to know from you. So I can as great as powerful as you!"

Dr. Facilier was very surprised to hear what Trixie has to say although he started to laugh at her much to Trixie's dismay.

"You want me to teach you about voodoo magic? Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha! Now that's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. Why do you want to learn everything from me?"

Trixie replied. "Because none of the other students here in Canterlot High think I'm the greatest and powerful especially Sunset Shimmer and the Rainbooms. Well, I am going to change all of it!"

Facilier began to devise a plan to use Trixie to get the girls' magical powers so Maleficent could get everything ready for tonight's Halloween.

"Is that so?" he said. "Very well I shall teach you what you need to know about voodoo magic. But under one condition."

Trixie asked. "What's that?"

"I want you to keep an eye on Sunset Shimmer and those friends of hers for me. Because I'm afraid that they might be up to something."

The Shadow Man walks up to her giving her some tricky advice as he wraps his arm around her.

"Besides. You and I both know being the Great and Powerful in this world ain't just magic. It's MONEY! Buckets of it."

"I guess that's true," said Trixie. "But money isn't everything you know. I wanted to be the most popular and talented girl in Canterlot High and I shall not be denied by everyone!"

"Well, I'm really starting to like someone like you!" The Shadow Man said with an impressive voice.

(the song is Friends of the Other Side from The Princess and the Frog)

Dr. Facilier:

You want voodoo magic? I'm your man!
You're in my world now, not your world
And I got friends on the other side

Voodoo Spirits:
He's got friends on the other side

Trixie hears an echo around the halls and looks around finding where it's coming from.

Trixie:
"Um, what was that?"

Dr. Facilier:
"That's an echo, Trixie.
Just a little something I brought with me.
A little parlor trick. Don't worry."

Facilier wraps his arm around Trixie again and takes her to a dark classroom where he puts his voodoo stuff is. He pushes her in and doors the shuts with the snap of his fingers the lights came on and Trixie became surprised.

Sit down at my table
Put your mind at ease
If you wish to learn from me and do
Anything I please

Facilier dance walked Trixie to his table and placed her on the seat of the chair and watched him singing and dancing as his shadow gives him a high five. He dances around the room as his shadow changes into a snake as continues singing.

I can read your future
I can change it 'round some, too
I'll look deep into your heart and soul

"You do have a soul, don't you?"

Make your wildest dreams come true

He shows Trixie his voodoo dolls and the rubber chicken. He opens the box of the fire face and quickly closes it and throws it away as he takes his seat.

I got voodoo, I got hoodoo,
I got things I ain't even tried
And I got friends on the other side

Voodoo Spirits:
He's got friends on the other side

Trixie heard the echo again and looks around saw nothing but tiki heads and Facilier shows Trixie the cards and gives them to her.

Dr. Facilier:
The cards, the cards, the cards will tell
The past, the present, and the future as well
The cards, the cards, just take three
Take a little trip into your future with me

Trixie takes three cards from Facilier's hand and places them on the table and the Shadow Man demonstrate Trixie by showing the first card about her past.

Dr. Facilier:
Now, you, my dear, are trying to be the most talented
And you ended up as an illusionist in Canterlot High

Dr. Facilier:
"I'm an illusionist myself back in my day."

Then Facilier reveals his second card which it shows Trixie's present day in Canterlot High.

Dr. Facilier:
You try to get all the fame
But some students didn't show.
You need to practice some magic tricks to get their attention

Facilier looks at the cards and draws his attention to Trixie.

"Trying to learn everything from your Dad. Huh, Trixie?" Facilier asked.

"Eh, a little he does all the magic performances he's a great magician," Trixie answered.

Faciler sneaks up behind her chair and reveals the future card of Trixie becoming a famous magician.

Dr. Facilier:
But in your future, for you I see
Is exactly the magician you always wanted to be

Trixie is excited and amazed by the future card she saw although in order to make it happened and learn everything from Facilier. She has to do that assignment for him. But she's thinking about a lot of choices.

"My that's a lot Dr. Facilier. But...I don't know what I should do." She said thinking about it.

"Come on now darling," Facilier said. "Aren't you tired of being an illusionist? While Sunset Shimmer and those so-called friends get all the attention and glory?"

Trixie thinking about what he said is right although Trixie admits she is jealous of The Rainbooms doing all the exciting stuff at Canterlot High so she finally spoke up.

"Yes, YES I AM!"

"Well, all you got to do is keep an eye on those girls for me. And I will show all about my voodoo lessons." said the Shadow Man and shows her the Evil Queen's box to her. "But to make sure if they have something powerful. I want you to put it in this."

Facilier gave Trixie a sinister grin and lends it to her and asked. "So, we got ourselves a deal?"

Trixie thought about this really hard but she decided to gave it a shot as she grabs the box out of his hands and began to finish his song.

Dr Facilier:
Yes...
Are you ready?

the Shadow Man summons his Friends on the Other Side again to gave Trixie her first lesson as the voodoo dolls, and masks appeared behind her.

Voodoo Spirits:
Are you ready?

Dr. Facilier:
Are you ready?
First Lesson Central

Voodoo Spirits:
First Lesson Central

Facilier puts on his skeleton head mask and hypnotizes Trixie with his magic.

Dr. Facilier:
Your first lesson!

Voodoo Spirits:
Your first Lesson!

Dr. Facilier:
Your first voodoo lesson!

The voodoo dolls dance around the room while Trixie's eyes are mesmerized by Facilier's magical eyes and masks.

Can you feel it?
You're learning, you're learning,
You're learning all right
I hope you're satisfied
But if you ain't, don't blame me
You can blame my friends on the other side
Ha, ha, ha

Facilier finishes off by dancing around laugh manually and after that and slides the stage and the and the lights go out with the hush.


Later in Sunset Shimmer and Twilight are searching for Trixie after what happened a few minutes ago. But Spike manages to catch up with them.

"Twilight, Sunset!" He shouted.

They turned around and they saw him coming to them Twilight kneeled down to her dog and asked him a question.

"Spike, where have you been?"

He ran so fast he took a few breaths and said. "Maleficent! Villains! Green Mist! Trouble!"

Twilight and Sunset looked at each other and back to Spike with raised eyebrows. "Uh, could you be quite clear on what you meant?" Sunset asked.

Spike took a deep breath and gave tells them the story. "I saw Maleficent! She's here! She's casting a magic spell called the Power of Illusions and it's going to give the Shadow Man all of your powers!"

"Wait, what?!" Sunset said with complete shock.

"Power of Illusions?" Twilight said. "Spike, there's no such magic spell that could create that."

"Well, how do you explain that?!" Spike pointed the dark green mist around coming from the halls and notice the students are acting strange all around like they are fighting and such at that.

"Okay I think you have a point, Spike," said Twilight.

"But wait." Sunset realized. "What if...The Girls!"

Twilight, Sunset, and Spike rushed back to the music room to see if the dark mist didn't affect the rest of their friends.

Back in the music room, Maleficent was in the room in creating the illusions in showing the girls in what they the out was real of each one double-crossing themselves with agreeing to the villains, as her Raven smiles in seeing this, Maleficent then hear footsteps coming as she notices Sunset, Sci-Twilight, and Spike coming. She soon has a soft soil smile seeing the progress in work and fully complete.

"Soon their powers will be stolen away as the mist will lift up their powers to the box. Once of that, I'll go for Sunset Shimmer and Twilight to collect their powers for my own use to conquer the school with the help of the rest of the villains. Soon we shall have the school and Equestrian to ourselves and no one shall ever stop us!" Maleficent said in to soon laugh and vanish away just as Sunset Shimmer, Spike and Twilight came into the room to see their friends suddenly starting to get angry at each other.

"I can't believe in any of what you're telling me Y'all. Give it up, Rainbow Dash. You've been tryin' at this for hours. It's not gonna work that you double-crossed us!." Applejack started in seeing that Rainbow Dash agreed with Scar to give her tips of her powers.

"Hey! If you wanna tell me of why Captain Hook was happy to see your super strength for how you all cryptic about it." Rainbow Dash shouted in thinking Captain Hook made the deal with Applejack in giving her powers to him.

"Hey, I don't think it is true! You're the liar!" Shouted Applejack in her reply.

"What the...what's happening to the others?" Sunset Shimmer saw of this in shock.

"How could you Fluttershy dear, you and Pinkie Pie agreeing to Hades and Ursula in sharing the info of your powers to them, and I thought we are friends!" Rarity said in anger and sadness build in her voice.

"Us? Hey, you're the one who got carried away with the jewels Cruella De Vil shown you so you had agreed to her deal! You're the trailer to us more than Applejack and Rainbow Dash together!" Pinkie Pie shouted in anger with an angry look on her face.

"That I agree with that but I am not the traitor!" Fluttershy said in being upset and shedding tears.

"What?! I'm just trying to make sure OUR band didn't go lying behind MY back!" Rainbow Dash in said in raising her voice in anger.

"Liar liar pants on fire!" Pinkie Pie said in mocking Rainbow Dash making Rainbow Dash clutch her fists.

"It might've been your idea to agree with this, but that doesn't give YOU the right to befriend villains!" Applejack then interrupted Pinkie Pie to give her the look of not trusting any of the girls.

"Well then if you all gonna be like that then I wish I never asked any of you to be in my friendship!" Rainbow Dash admitted to the girls.

"I wish I'd never agreed to be in it!" Rarity then said in raising her voice.

"Me neither!" Pinkie Pie, Applejack and Fluttershy then said raising their voice in anger too to Rainbow Dash.
Like Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity and Pinkie Pie kept on their arguing, Sunset Shimmer, Spike and Sci-Twilight became more horrified of witnessing this and in feeling scared. Soon Sci-Twilight remembered what the evil queen said of losing her friends into this state, made her heartbreak she was afraid to admit of the truth, but as she was afraid to get involved of this, she started to run away out of the school crying, leaving Sunset Shimmer with the girls.

"Twilight wait! Quick Spike, hurry and go after Twilight!" Sunset said in feeling more worried than ever.

Spike nods and hurries after Sci-Twilight. But as Sunset Shimmer turned to try to talk to the girls, she saw the green mist from before carrying the girl's powers and in making Sunset Shimmer realize that Maleficent's spell really got to them...now she felt like hope is lost and can hear Maleficent's evil laughter echo through her mind and ears.


Later on, Sunset Shimmer walks in the hallway looking for Sci-Twilight until she saw Trixie and Dr. Facilier walking out of Principal Celestia's office and heading straight in the hall. Sunset glared at him and she is ready to confront him until she hides herself to overhear the Shadow Man's discussion with Trixie.

"Well done my newest pupil," said Dr. Facilier. "Now we got their magical powers. Which means Twilight and Sunset Shimmer are the only ones left. Now go I have some unfinished business to attend to.

"Yes Dr. Facilier," said Trixie in a mesmerizing voice.

Trixie began to walk away and didn't notice that Sunset Shimmer was hiding. With her gone Sunset sees Facilier and heading straight in the hall. She began to follow him to confront him not long after when the Shadow Man arrived at the Gymnasium door only to be confronted by Sunset Shimmer leaning against the wall, her arms crossed and her face partly covered by a shadow. She stood before them, her cyan eyes glaring.

"So, you got everything ready for Halloween?" Sunset asked giving him the angry glare. "Because, I know exactly who you are, Shadow Man!"

Dr. Facilier became a shocking surprise as she reveals his true identity. But for a short second watch as Sunset continued speaking. "You and your friends are never gonna get away with this."

Dr. Facilier smiled evilly and said. "Why? Because you didn't?"

Sunset remained silent. Just what was this man is trying to say? Dr. Facilier walked around her slowly, like a shark circling its prey, waiting for the right moment to attack. "Oh, I know all about you, Sunset Shimmer. You once have the reputation here in Canterlot High before the Fall Formal."

"I've changed! I'm in a much better place now!" Sunset exclaimed in defense.

Dr. Facilier continues to circle around Sunset Shimmer with a sly smirk on his face, trying to get into her emotions

"Is that so child?" he chuckled. "Well then...you probably think you and friends will actually succeed into chasing us all back to where we came from?" Sunset is in a stark surprise and remains silent while the Shadow Man keeps circling around her as he continues talking to her. "But your wrong my dear, as you can remember...I got friends on the other side who help me but I can also make dreams come true. Let's see if we can get a better look at you to see why you changed."

He soon grabs one of his cards and sprinkles a little of his magic powder on his card to then blow the powder at Sunset to cause her to have a kind of nightmare of her past.

Sunset starts to get nervous about seeing her memories and in seeing herself getting turned into her monstrous form back when Princess Twilight came to the school. Poor Sunset began to go into a scared panic crying out to her friends as the nightmare was about to get stronger and her monster form soon was trying to grab a hold of Sunset letting her suddenly scream in a burst out of sadness and fears...before the nightmarish memory completely disappeared. Sunset soon looks around to see everything back to normal and the doctor still standing as his place now amazed of what he saw he chuckled evilly and looks at her.

"Well well...so that be why you changed, but my dear..." he lifted her chin up to look at him with tears in her eyes as he smiled devilishly. "Darkness in people's hearts never disappear forever, it remains in the memories of those who want to forget about it completely...and you are one of those that are just so sweet to watch memories like that grab you tight in where your dark entity lies deep in you."

Sunset slaps his hand off her chin and shouted. "No...your wrong, it's never coming back and you can trick me into whatever your planning!" She drys her tears off her face and goes back to her brave face against Dr. Faciliet again. "I'm going to stop you and there's nothing you and the villains can do to stop me and my friends."

She began to ran off to be alone as the Shadow Man watched her leave with a sinister grin.

"Oh, we will stop you and my dear friend Maleficent...has a very special surprise for you all." He laughed evilly as he takes his leave inside the Gymnasium.


Sunset Shimmer began to run as fast she could but the mist began to make her hear the echoes of the Disney Villains laughing and are starting to haunt her in her mind and ears she looked around to see where they are but they are nowhere to be found. So she ran away on top of the stairs and the mist is every single place in Canterlot High so ran on top of the roof and shuts the door and made sure the mist doesn't get in.

She sighed in relief but soon began to realize that the Shadow Man was right she has no way to stop Maleficent and the other villains. She soon feels concerned about the others and hoping that a miracle would've come in wondering of what answers there are to be found with her arms across her legs and her chin on her knees.

"I wish I could help the others..." Sunset said. "But I think it'll be to one at each or stop the villains. If only I knew what to do, but I can't do this alone..."

Soon Sunset looks to the sky and into singing a song that shows her concern for everyone and their fate.

(Parody of Sally's Song performed Amy Lee)

Sunset Shimmer:
I sense there's something in the wind
That feels like tragedy's at hand
And though I'd like to stand by them
Can't shake this feeling that I have
The worst is just around the bend

She gets up and walks around the clock tower.

And do they notice my feelings for them?
And will they see how much they mean to me?
I think it's not to be

She looks at her reflection in the glass as her friends appear in the glass with her reflection before vanishing.

What will become of my dear friends
Where will our actions lead us then?

She walks at the edge of roof watching the sun began to set and looks up at the clouds shaping up like her and her friends.

Although I'd like to join the crowd
In their enthusiastic cloud
Try as I may, it doesn't last
And will we ever end up together?
Oh ooh

She remembers the flashbacks of the good times of they have with the Musical Showcase, the Friendship Games, and the stuff happened at Camp Everfree facing The Dazzlings, Midnight Sparkle, Gia Everfree, and Juniper Montage, and the time she convinces Wallflower Blush to stop using the memory stone and Sunset sacrifice herself to save her friends' memories of high school and destroyed the memory stone.

And will we ever end up together?
No, I think not, it's never to become
For I am not the one

She soon began to shedding in tears the wind blows in flowing across her hair and soon feeling a light in her cutie mark so she can hear the mysterious voice from before speaking to her.

"Sunset, don't feel sad. You still have your powers to show you what's true and what is not true. For that, your element is finally born, for you, Sunset Shimmer is the newborn Element of Empathy. And with your powers, you can still help everyone fight the villains with the rest of the elements. I know you can do it, cause I believe in you and your friends. After all...even if I'm not here, you and I are real pals."

"The Element of Empathy?" Sunset asked and realize that the voice in her head was right this is no time for her call it quits so she got up on her feet and said. "You're right! It's not true! Even if we have the magic of friendship inside we can still beat the villains and save this school and Equestria! I gotta go find Twilight and tell her! I owe you one whoever you are! I won't forget this!"

Sunset ran back downstairs and to reach out her friends and break Maleficent's power of illusions spell and find Twilight.