• Published 2nd Aug 2017
  • 488 Views, 37 Comments

30 Days/ 30 Stories - Fenton



One story per day for the whole month of August. Read with caution.

  • ...
0
 37
 488

One-way Ticket

“I don’t want to go there!”

The shout echoed inside the dinner room, and some of the candles flickered with the wind a small filly could blow when she was angry.

“I don’t see why I should leave when all my friends are here!”

“Diamond, sweetie,” tried her father. “We’ve already talked about this. You—”

“You dare call them your friends?” interrupted her mother. “They are commoners, and you deserve better than that. I thought you took the right path when you befriend that little grey filly. After all, her father is an important pony. But it seems—”

“Her name is Silver Spoon!”

Spoiled Milk rolled her eyes. “Whatever. This school is the best, and only the best can enter. You’re fated to be one of them, Diamond, it’s written all over your flank.”

“M-my flank?” Diamond Tiara slammed both her hooves on the table, her face redden by anger. “If you had actually paid attention to your daughter, mother, you would have learned what my cutie mark actually means. But I guess you were too caught up attending cocktail parties to notice it.”

Shock colored Spoiled’s face while her husband was looking back and forth between the two loves of his life.

“Watch your language, Diamond. You’re talking to your mother!”

“As if!”

Diamond jumped from her chair and ran for the exit, slamming all the doors from the dinner room to her own room. After the sixth one, calm came back inside the house.

“Filthy, take your role of father upon yourself and go bring her back to her senses.” Spoiled left him with a last humph, muttering about foals behaviour.

Filthy sighed and reluctantly headed to his daughter’s room.


“Diamond, my little gem, can I enter?”

No answer came, and Filthy pushed the door. Her daughter was on her bed, the head plunged into one of the pillows.

“What do you want?” she asked, turning to him.

He saw that redness and wetness had made their work on his daughter’s face. His heart sank, but he was also proud to see his little ray of sunshine was still able to stay dignified.

“Can we talk a bit?” He took her groan as a yes and sat next to her. “Come here,” he said, opening his legs. Diamond threw herself in.

“I don’t want to leave!” she said in his shoulder. “Why is Mother so mean?”

“We thought you would be happy, honey. You were always telling us how much you despised this small town and its inhabitants. We don’t understand why you don’t want to leave anymore.” At his words, she broke into tears. “Shhh, it’s okay, sweetie,” he said, caressing her neck. “It’s okay, don’t cry.”

After a minute, Diamond Tiara looked at her father. “I-I changed,” she sniffed. “Thanks to the Crusaders. I was an a-awful pony, and they made me realise who I am, and how-how wrong I was, and how wrong mother is.”

“You have to understand this is very sudden, for both of us. It’s even harder for your mother since she isn’t much around.”

“I don’t care anymore. I won’t go.”

“Honey, you know that’s not possible.” Filthy moved a strand of hair from his daughter’s face.
“Plus, I’m sure you’ll have fun once you’ve seen your new school and your new classmates. Look, I promise if you’re still want to come back after six months, I’ll come to get you myself.”

She looked at him, the beginning of a smile starting to creep on her face. “You promise?”

“Pinkie Promise,” he said, adding the motions to his vow.

She tightened her grip on his back. “I’ll miss you, Dad.”

“I’ll miss you too honey.”

Author's Note:

Nothing much to say for this one. I had a cool idea that became less and less attractive the more I was writting. So I quickly wrapped this up to be over with it. Better luck tomorrow, I hope.