• Published 2nd Aug 2017
  • 485 Views, 37 Comments

30 Days/ 30 Stories - Fenton



One story per day for the whole month of August. Read with caution.

  • ...
0
 37
 485

Look, I Just Want My Sandwich Part1

Another Monday, another day of school in Ponyville.

Cheerilee waited for her students to sit before speaking.

“Good Morning, everypony,” she greeted. “I hope you had a good weekend, and you’re all well rest for the week to come. Now, before we start —”

There was a knock on the door.

“Come in,” she said.

Flurry Heart entered the classroom under the kids’ questioning eyes, trying to smile and look confident as she was told to.

“Good morning, Mrs Cheerilee,” she stuttered.

“Good morning, Flurry,” replied Cheerilee, before turning her to the students. “Class, this is Flurry Heart. She’ll study with us for a few months.” She turned back to the newcomer. “Flurry, could you introduce yourself to the class?”

Flurry Heart nodded, and gulped. She went in front of the teacher’s desk, and she recognised Pound and Pumpkin sitting at the back. They waved, and when Flurry spoke, her voice was more confident, and not because she knew her speech by heart, thanks to her Auntie Twilight.

“Hi, I’m Flurry Heart, and I came to study here in Ponyville for a few months. Mommy and Auntie Twily said it would be better for me to spend some time here with you, far from the Crystal Empire. I hope we can soon be friends.” She tried to smile as bright as she could.

“Very good, Flurry, thank you,” said Cheerilee.

There were whispers among the foals and the fillies before one of them dared to make his voice heard.

“Are you a princess?” he asked.

“N-no, I’m not.”

“But you’re an alicorn,” said another one. “Alicorns are princesses, or maybe it’s the other way around.”

“Wait,” said another another one. “If you’re an alicorn, that means you have powerful magic, right?”

“Maybe?” said Flurry Heart sheepishly.

“Can you show us?”

There were several shouts of approbations, asking for Flurry to do a demonstration of what she was capable of.

“Alright class,” said Cheerilee. “Let’s calm down a bit and let your classmate have some space. I’m sure she simply wants to be treated like anypony else.” At that, Flurry Heart vigorously nodded. “Right. Flurry, go take your sit so that we can start the lessons.”

The young alicorn didn’t waste any time and sat down on the free chair on the second row, between a grey pegasus and a light blue unicorn. The two fillies were giving her odd looks, but she didn’t really pay attention to them, too eager to listen to the lesson.

She took her notebook and a quill from her saddlebag, ready to write down everything Cheerilee would say.

“Today, we will continue our lesson on how to divide numbers, but before we start, can someone tell me how I can tell if a number is divisible by three?”

Flurry Heart immediately raised her hoof.

“Yes, Flurry?”

“A number is divisible by three if the sum of its numbers is also divisible by three,” she recited. “For example, one thousand nine hundred and forty one is divisible by three, because one plus nine plus four plus one equals fifteen, and five plus one equals six.”

“That’s correct, very good,” warmly said Cheerilee. “And what’s the rule for the numbers divisible by five?”

This time, Flurry Heart didn’t raise her hoof.

“A number divisible by five always ends with a zero or a five.”

“Excellent, Flurry. I’m glad to see you so enthusiastic. Now, let’s see together what’s the rule with numbers divisible by eleven.”

Flurry Heart took her quill with her magic and started writing the lesson, oblivious to the death glares her two neighbors were shooting at her.

Author's Note:

Another split story. You should probably know the reason now.
The good part, and the end, will come tomorrow.

See you tomorrow.