• Published 2nd Aug 2017
  • 486 Views, 37 Comments

30 Days/ 30 Stories - Fenton



One story per day for the whole month of August. Read with caution.

  • ...
0
 37
 486

A Matter Of Perspective Part1

Pinkie Pie checked one more time that everything was perfect. Cakes? Checked. Music? Checked. Games? Checked. Those three carefully selected to match Twilight’s taste? Checked, checked, and rechecked.

Now it was only a matter of minutes for the guest of honor to arrive, but Pinkie couldn’t hold still, and was bouncing in circle. She was so excited to finally see Twilight again. Three months, three whole months. Every second had felt like an eternity.

Everything needed to be absolutely perfect,

She tried to sit to calm herself, but all she managed to do was shaking. A hoof touched her shoulder. She heard Applejack telling her to not get so worked up.

“Applejack,” she said, taking her friend’s head between her hooves. “How can you not be excited? She is finally back from her honeymoon!”


Applejack put the last barrel of cider on the table when she noticed how Pinkie Pie was almost exploding from excitement. It was time to calm her friend for the sake of everypony’s mental health.

“Alright sugarcube,” she said, putting a hoof on Pinkie to stop her shakes. “There’s no need to get so worked up. Twi is our friend, she won’t get mad if everything isn’t perfect.”

Pinkie babbled a reply, and Applejack giggled. Whatever was the reason for her to go over the top, you pretty soon found that her goal was yours too now.


Rarity heard Applejack calling her. She turned her head to see Twilight had finally arrived.

She was beautiful. Her dress was highlighting her eyes and her tan complexion. Truly these vacations with Flash had did her good.

“Darling, you look absolutely ravishing,” Rarity told her as she greeted her friend with a hug.

Twilight smiled and mumbled some thanks.

Though, something felt a bit off. While Twilight walked to get a drink, Rarity saw that her dress was larger than what she was used to see and sew for her. Twilight was also taking more careful steps, like if she was injured or trying to not get injured. Maybe —

Rarity gasped and almost let out a squeak. Somepony had a big surprise for them.


“Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are deeply sorry they couldn’t come,” said Applejack. “They should come back in two days.”

Twilight said it wasn’t a problem, and Applejack knew she was sincere. Twilight could never hold a grudge against anypony, and that made Applejack glad to be her friend.

However, something felt a bit off. “Speaking of absent ponies, where is Flash?” asked Applejack. “I thought he would be with you.”

“He had… business to take care.”

Author's Note:

Third split story. I shouldn't try to write big things that require time. Seriously, that's the last time. This first part is shit, and I don't expect the second to be any better.

As the title suggests, I wanted to have a story switching points of view between all of the mane 6 (minus Twilight), and have each one of them react differently to the situation. I had to cut off Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy because I feel it would drag the story for too long, but even with that, I can't finish it today. Well, it will be done tomorrow.

Anyway, see you tomorrow.