• Published 2nd Aug 2017
  • 486 Views, 37 Comments

30 Days/ 30 Stories - Fenton



One story per day for the whole month of August. Read with caution.

  • ...
0
 37
 486

A Matter of Perspective Part2

“He had… business to take care.”

Rarity felt her heart sank in her chest. That pause, that small pause could mean many things, but none of them was a good one. Poor thing.

Applejack hadn’t noticed it. Oblivious to her friend’s silent distress, Rarity heard her saying it wasn’t so bad since they would have Twilight only for them.

“Twilight, dear, is everything alright?”

Twilight raised her head, and her smile looked genuine, surprisingly.

“Yes, yes it is. In fact, I have a big surprise for you.”

Since she was sure she had guessed what this was about, Rarity faked surprise.

“What is it?” she asked.

Instead of replying, Twilight lifted her dress to show her round belly.


Pinkie gasped. Her friend Twilight is having a baby. A baby!

“Ohmygosh, ohmygosh, ohmygosh! Twilight, that’s like the best thing ever! You, a mother! Ohmygosh, ohmygosh, ohmygosh!”

Overjoyed, she fired her party cannon. She had to, otherwise she would have literally exploded.

A baby, a new baby was about to come in their life. Even though she was still caring for the twin Cakes, they were older now, and Pinkie missed a bit the days when they were just two cute little balls of fur.

She joyfully bounced for a moment, oblivious to the rest of the world, before Applejack and Rarity’s voices deflated what should have been a moment of bliss.

“What I’m hearing is a rotten bale of hay. A father’s place is right next to his kin, not somewhere far away where he can hide like a coward.”

“Applejack! Flash Sentry is our friend! If he needs some time to clear his head, we have to respect that.”

“That doesn’t make a lick of sense. And as long as he acts like that, he can cross my name from his friend list.”

“Girls,” tried Twilight.

Pinkie was watching the argument, too astonished to dare intervene.

“Do you hear yourself here?”

“I can hear myself clearly. Flash is going to be a father, no matter what he believes. And he better be ready to be one sooner than later, before I find him to put some sense into his featherbrain.”

“GIRLS!”

This time, Twilight’s shout was able to stop them. She looked angry, and she kept shouting at them. All of this because Applejack and Rarity couldn’t simply celebrate the happy event.

Pinkie felt some tears coming down her cheeks as she watched everypony else leaving the party. The silence that followed was weighing on her heart.

A baby, Twilight was having a baby. She was about to live one of the greatest joy in a pony’s life, and it had brought so much hardship.

Without anything else to do, Pinkie started tidying the room, keeping her mind busy from that tragic paradox she didn’t want to understand.

Author's Note:

That shit is done. Honestly, it's probably one of the worst thing I've probably written. Never again.

Anyway, we're almost to the finish line. Two more to go. Easy, right? Right.

See you tomorrow.