• Published 28th Apr 2018
  • 254 Views, 1 Comments

The Legacy Of Darkness - Darkness 1



40 years have passed since the death of Darkness, Equestria has enjoyed peace since then, however, evil never rests long, and a new evil arises.

  • ...
 1
 254

The Meeting Part 3

After everypony got done congratulating Violet Winter, and Solar Blaze, Darkness said, "I am glad that both of you choose the path you did, otherwise, I would've had to deal with you two.."

Princess Luna, "But you told me, as you were dying in my hooves, forty years ago, that somepony else, besides myself, would have that burden to bear.."

Darkness looked at her, and said with sadness, "But what I didn't tell you, was that I was referring to me, as I was told by the Gods Of Equestria, in my final days when I was alive, that I had been tasked with this heavy burden.."

Princess Luna said, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Darkness said, "For one, there just wasn't time, and two, you already had enough on your mind, on top of me dying right in your hooves, I though it would be best, that when I was ordered to visit the mortal world, whenever that might be, that that would be the right time to tell you...."

Princess Luna smiled and said, "You was always like that, caring for others and myself, without an regard for your own safety or how certain things like this, might be too heavy for you to bear alone, you would do so anyways, because that's how much you cared, not just for me, but for this whole world, despite the fact even when you were drawing your lasts breaths, you continued to do so, that's what made you so different from rest of us, and it seems our children inherited that kindness for others as well."

Darkness shook his head in agreement, and turned to Violet Winter, and Solar Blaze, and said, "Indeed, and I only hope you use your gifts to benefit many, and not for self-gain."

Violet Winter said, "Don't worry dad, we won't forget, we won't let you or anypony down."

Solar Blaze only said, "Honestly, that's about what I was thinking, just some of the words are different, but the meaning is still the same."

Applejack said, "I don't mean to ruin the moment, but we still have a meeting to discuss, and where is Lunar Ebony Blade?"

Princess Celestia is the one that answered the question, as she said, "I was wondering when that would be asked again, however, it's not like I didn't send him and invitation or anything, regarding this matter. With that being said, I sent one of my guards to send the same letter all of you got, and I got a letter of his own in return, bearing his family's seal, and I still have it with me, if you wish to hear it?" Everypony shook their heads yes, and Princess Celestia said, "Okay, but I warn you, you may not like the response I got, anyways here goes..." She then dug out a small piece of parchment, and began to read aloud, as she said, "Dear Princess Celestia, I send my formal regards to the others, and to you as well, but I cannot attend some simple meeting, this does not sound all that important, no, my kingdom is far more important than this 'meeting of yours', sorry but I got my own problems to deal with, tell the others hello for me. Sincerely, King Lunar Ebony Blade."

As Princess Celestia finished, everypony just stood there, in shock, and Rainbow Dash, who was now upset, said, "So what? He's just going to turn his back on of us? Now that he has his own kingdom, and his family's heirloom back, he doesn't really care what happens to any of us? What happens to the rest of the world for that matter? I cannot believe this! What an arrogant jerk! As long he has his own land, in the middle of nowhere, he could care less about the rest of us!"

Twilight said, "I see, Lunar Ebony Blade has abandoned us all, it is rather disappointing, and I think I say this for everypony, I don't think I ever saw this coming, that he would turn out like this. And to think, after everything we all went through together...."

Princess Luna said, "It is certainly quite a blow to our cause, in protecting all of ponykind, but we will recover, in fact, we already have, what do you think about all of this, Darkness?"

Darkness shook his head in disgust, and then said, " Yes, our cause has recovered, Violet Winter, and Solar Blaze, Luna and I's children, has joined our cause. But to be honest, I didn't see this coming either, and here to think I taught him how to fight....THAT ARROGANT PRICK!!!"

Everypony got tense, and Rainbow Dash said, "Oh, crap, Darkness is not happy, dead or not, uh oh."

Darkness calmed down, and said, "It's alright everypony, but from now on, I would highly suggest that the rest of you cut all ties from Lunar Ebony Blade, if he wants to abandon the world, and all of us, then we will abandon him as well."

Princess Celestia said, "I was thinking the same thing, and I already have, he or his citizens, are not welcome here in Canterlot, my gates to my city, and my castle, are forever closed to his kingdom."

Princess Luna said, "I agree, and so are mine."

Twilight said, "As is my door, and I'll be sure to tell Princess Cadence and Shining Armor to do the same."

Everypony else agreed, and resolved to cut ties from Lunar Ebony Blade. And Rarity said, "Good, now that jerk is out of the way, can we proceed with the meeting?"

Darkness said, "Indeed, it is long overdue, everypony gather around, we need to put our minds together, living or dead, and figure out a solution to taking down Arrovak, anypony want to start first?"

Everypony said nothing for a while, and then they all looked at Darkness, and they all pointed at him, as Rarity said, "From the looks of it, we all figured we would listen to your advice first before think of anything."

Darkness shook his head, and said, "That's a problem..."

Pinkie Pie said, "Why is that? You so smart when it comes to things like this!"

Everypony nodded in agreement, and Darkness said, " Although I won't deny that I am rather good when it comes to things like this. That in itself is the core of the problem, you all, except for you Snowshy, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Violet Winter, and Solar Blaze, but as for the rest of you, you six have lost self-confidence in yourselves, and have depended on me for guidance through situations like this, that you six have forgotten the strength you all had in each other, before I came along, and I'm afraid, if you six don't get that self-confidence back, Arrovak will succeed and turning this whole world into nothing more than a burning pile of rubble, and dead bodies, or worse."

Princess Luna said, "But what about my sister, myself, Snowshy, and our children? Would it be enough to destroy Arrovak?"

Darkness said, "Sadly, no, so let me make this clear: Arrovak is unlike anything any of you have ever faced before, he is very clever, cunning, and he is no fool, not to mention, he has thousands, if not, millions of years of battle and war experience behind him. I, however, have only ever faced him once, long ago. He somehow found a way to draw me into his prison, in the future, no less, and tried to kill me then, of course, that happened when I was only 120,000 years old, or 12 in your years."

Applejack said, "Did you succeed?"

Darkness said, "Obviously no, I couldn't take him down myself, all I could do, was escape, before I got trapped in that prison with him, despite me being one of the most powerful ponies that ever lived, Arrovak is a god, and not just any god: he is the God Of Destruction, plus, he is a Celestial Evil as well. He revels in war and battle, and it empowers him, with each and every strike, and every hit he takes. Plus, to top it all off, he feeds off of doubt, mistrust...etc, as well, much in the same way, his former master, Darkness Night, did."

Violet Winter said, "I don't think I ever read about this in any of your books, is there a reason you didn't record it? And wait, what do you mean, former master?

Darkness said, "Oh, believe me, there is a good reason, you know, Violet Winter, you really do take after me, in a lot of ways, but do you really think anypony really would believe that all the evils of the world, were once nothing more than transparent, celestial beings, looking for a world to be born into? As they ravaged through the stars, and destroyed countless planets and galaxies? No, not now, not yet, but maybe, as time goes on, but the world is just not ready to accept such a thing. And as far as your other question is concerned, Darkness Night, was the leader and in command of many different evils, many now no longer exist, but the worst ones were born into the world and their personalities and sense of being, lost, but their evil remained, and to where eventually there were only two that still retained their original selves and were never born into this world. One you all know rather all too well, was Darkness Night, and his first lieutenant, Arrovak. When Darkness Night was defeated all those years ago, by all those of your with magic power back then, his hold and control over Arrovak was released, and Arrovak was now free of Darkness Night's will. I told this and it was revealed to me, by the Gods Of Equestria, hours after I died, and was placed in the leadership of the Hall Of Heroes. In defeating one great evil, all of us that were there, without knowing it, gave Arrovak, the free will, to do as he pleases, and it was because of that free will, that allowed him to finally break out of his eternal prison. As the saying that I always used to hear when I was younger: 'No Good Deed Goes Unpunished.' But how could of any of us have known? We couldn't, there are just some things, that none of us can prevent."

Everypony stood silent for a few moments, processing everything Darkness had just told them all, and Princess Luna said, "In other words, we were victorious that day, but only stirred up something worse, without even knowing it. But why was Arrovak imprisoned by Darkness Night anyways?"

Darkness said, "Pretty much yeah, and Darkness Night didn't do it, the Gods Of Equestria did, plus, Arrovak was a lose cannon, and over the years under his master's command, began to start getting rather....unruly. So when Darkness Night fled, and came to the surface of this world, and was told by a fellow evil, that Arrovak, had been weakened, and put into a sub-dimensional prison, Darkness Night was overjoyed. So he went out his way, and made it an eternal prison instead, as punishment, and to remind Arrovak, who was more powerful, and also that way, Darkness Night, could keep Arrovak in check. However, as time went by, Darkness Night abandoned Arrovak, and forgot about him, as at that time, he had found me, a perfect vessel for him to take over, and that which could hold his powers, without the body exploding in the process. Arrovak from that day on, as sat there, rotting in that prison, to kill me, and to get revenge on Darkness Night, which he can no longer do, because Darkness Night has been defeated, and his ashes have been split up, and all put in heavily guarded places, and hidden away from the rest of the world."

Princess Luna said, "That makes sense, so if he can't have his vengeance on Darkness Night, either subjugating this world, or outright obliterating it, is a suitable substitute."

Darkness said, "Pretty much, but Arrovak also hates this world and its inhabitants anyways, so his denied
vengeance, will be taken out on this world, just for added measure."

Twilight said, "Okay so, how are me and my friends supposed to gain what we have lost? Can you at least give us a clue?"

Darkness nodded, and said, "Yes, that I can do...but I must hurry..... my time visiting the mortal realm is almost over..At least for now anyways..." As Darkness said that, everypony was beginning to have a tough time seeing him, and Darkness said, "All I can offer you, is to show you, the way that you must start your journey, and the rest, from there on, you all will need to figure out." As he finished speaking, he took his short katana out from its sheath, twirled it, and thrust deep into the ground in front of him, and he said, "My sword of leadership, shall show you the way you must go, until you come to 'a temporal vortex that should not happen, a split in time, appears before you.' It will be your 'stepping stone', that you must take with you. In that moment, some things may be made clear, others may not be, all I can say, is I wish you all the best of luck."

Darkness began to become more and more transparent, and began fading in and out, as Darkness began to walk away from them all, and Twilight said, "Wait! There is still so much we don't understand! So much we still don't know..."

Darkness stopped, and turned around and smiled, and said, "It's alright, have faith in yourselves, and alongside the others, all things take time, all will become more clear, as time goes on. Farewell, all of you, it was really good to see you all again, I look forward to the day, when we all can be rejoined once more, for now, I wish you all the best of luck, and to my children, know that you have my best wishes and prayers for you both." And with that, he waved his right hoof goodbye, and stood, proudly smiling at all of them, as he turned into leaves of brown, orange, and yellow, as it all blew away, and went out the nearby open window.