• Published 28th Apr 2018
  • 254 Views, 1 Comments

The Legacy Of Darkness - Darkness 1



40 years have passed since the death of Darkness, Equestria has enjoyed peace since then, however, evil never rests long, and a new evil arises.

  • ...
 1
 254

The Armageddon War, Part 3

Everypony had gotten onto separate ships, but Twilight, Snowshy, and Applejack had managed to get on the same ship, as Twilight said, "I hope the others are alright..."

Applejack said, "They are, look!"

Applejack pointed to the right side of her, and they all followed to where she was pointing, and they saw two other ships, not far away from them, and they saw everypony else, as they had seen them too, and were waving at them, and they waved back.

Twilight said, "Well, thank the gods for that." Twilight then looked around, and said, "Hey guys? It might just be me, but doesn't this ship....look familiar?"

Applejack said, "You know, now that you mention it...it kind of does, doesn't it?"

A voice behind them said, "It should, you all were on this ship once, before it's tragic demise."

Everypony turned around, and they saw, Fluchuette, coming down the stairs from the wheel, and Snowshy said, "Fluchuette! It's good to see you again!"

Fluchuette, now had light armor underneath, from what she had been wearing, when everypony first met her, which the armor could only be slightly seen, as she said, "Heh! You think I would miss this opportunity, to make a difference in this world? Not a chance! Plus, in honor, of my second-in-command, and his tragic death, we got to work on the Royal Rose, as soon as word reached us. Although, this ship is no longer called that....in honor of his noble sacrifice, to get you guys where you needed to, this ship has been renamed, 'The Royal Sword Of Justice'!"

Snowshy said, "The captain, threw away his own safety, and even the condition of the ship, just to get us to our destination. I want to make sure, he did not die in vain."

Applejack said, "And he won't, we will take down Arrovak, or we will die trying!"

Fluchuette said, "That's right. But before all heck breaks loose out here, there is something I need to address, to all of you, and to my fleet."

Everypony nodded, and Fluchuette, gave the order, to tell all ships, to gather around her ship, and to stop. A few moments later, all ships, had made a circle around Fluchuette's ship, as she got back up to the wheel, and said, "Everypony! My fellow comrades in arms, and my kin, as we get to Arrovak's fort, many of us, will more than likely not make it. But as I told you all before, and as I was told, this is more than just about ourselves, the whole world, the entire universe, hangs in the balance. We must put down Arrovak here, because well, if we fail, all is lost, as well as our souls!" She took a minute to gather herself, and then she said, "So, for all of us, let this be known to Arrovak, and his minions, that even in our darkest hour, we will not go quietly into the night! No! We will make our stand! We will fight him! We will take the fight to him, and show him, that the pony spirit, still burns strong!" She then called out into the air, and said, "DO YOU HEAR ME ARROVAK?! WE COME TO YOU! YOU WILL NOT HAVE YOUR WAY SO EASILY! OUR SPIRITS RUN HIGH! AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT THIS WORLD CAN DO! PREPARE YOURSELF! BECAUSE WE ARE COMING TO TAKE YOU DOWN!"

Everypony from every ship, including the one Twilight, Snowshy, and Applejack were on, yelled out warcries, as the Powdersmith Ponies, shot into the air, as some ships, fired cannon fire, into the distance, and everypony's spirits were high, and then Fluchuette said, "Alright then! All ships! Full speed ahead! To Arrovak's fort! Today is our judgement day! But it is also Arrovak's as well!" She then drew her sword, and raised it high into the air, and she said, "TO BATTLE!"

Everypony drew their weapons as well, and raised them high into the air, and they said in unison, "TO BATTLE!"

All ships, then began to move away, and as fast as they could, made their way towards Arrovak's fort, which could be seen in the far-off distance. Fluchuette, then took control of the wheel, and began giving out orders to her crew, as they were scrambling all over the deck, and then Fluchuette looked down at Twilight and the others and said, "Oh yeah, I almost forgot, also in honor of the captain of the former 'Royal Rose', we perfected his way of speeding the ship. But you all should still hold on though. But this time, we have complete control, of steering."

Snowshy said, "The former captain, would be proud, you've done him a great honor."

Fluchuette nodded respectfully, and said, "I thank you for that."

Fluchuette then turned her attention to her crew, and gave to order, to fire off the speed boost cannons, and as the crew did so, 10 massive cannons, came out not only from the back, but also from both sides as well, and Fluchuette gave the order, "FIRE!"

The crew heeded the order, and the ship lurched forward, as a massive speed increase, as everypony held on, and while everypony was holding on, they began to see time rifts, erupt and open everywhere in the sky, and Snowshy said, "It's getting worse! Arrovak must be stopped!"

Fluchuette said from the wheel, "And he will be! Or by dammit, I will die trying my hardest! Don't worry! I'm not going down, if I get the chance, without at least trying to take that bastard down with me!"

Nopony said anything else for a while, until the ship slowed down enough, to where nopony had to hold onto the ship, until a crew member yelled out, "There's a few fleets behind us! And they don't look like ours!"

Fluchuette said, "Ready the cannons! But do not fire, until I say so!"

As everypony began to tense up, and readied themselves, Snowshy recognized the the ponies, on the ships, and she said, "Wait! Those are our allies!"

Fluchuette said, "Thank goodness, and it seems the Griffons, have taken to the skies. Look!"

Applejack said, "I bet they got tired of just staying on the ships."

Fluchuette said, "It is fine, that is their nature, plus, they are better suited for air combat, than the rest of us are, so I can at least know, that the skies are covered."

Twilight said, "Hey! I recognize those ships! It's Princess Celestia's, Princess Luna's, and Princess Cadence's, main warships! Princess Celestia, once showed them to me!"

Applejack said, "It looks like they brought their whole fleets with them too."

As everypony looked, sure enough, each warship, had with them, a fleet, and Princess Celestia's and Princess Luna's warships, went over to the ships, they were currently in, went beside them, as the Princesses got on their own ship.

Princess Celestia's ship, had the same colors as she did, as her flag bared the symbol of her cutie mark, and she had a fleet of 80 ships with her, which all of them were only just white, and had a total of 20 cannons total on them, while Princess Celestia's ship, had thirty cannons. Princess Luna's warship, also had the same colors as she did, and it's flag, was the symbol of her cutie mark. Her ship had forty cannons, and her fleet was 90 ships in total, and had thirty cannons on them, and they were all colored a dark blue. Princess Cadence's warship, was a massive ship indeed, as it bore the colors of herself, and her husband, Shining Armor, and it's flag was of the Crystal Heart. It had a whopping 50 cannons, and she and Shining Armor had a fleet of 110 ships in total, and each one, had forty cannons, and were all colored, like the color of the crystal heart.

Applejack pointed behind the three fleets, and said, "What's that there?"

Snowshy said, "I recognized that color anywhere, and that flag, is that your fleet, Twilight?"

Twilight saw the fleet, and sure enough, the main warship, had the same colors like Twilight had but it also had the colors of the mane six as well, and it was a big ship, to be sure, because it could be seen that it had 40 cannons, a flag, that had the mane six's cutie marks on it, and a fleet 120 ships, all which had the color of the mane six, and had 30 cannons on them. Fluchuette said, "Well, looks like this is where you and Applejack get off, your fleet should be caught up with us right about...now.."

Twilight's warship had come up right beside the ship Twilight and Applejack were on, as it had already picked up everypony else, and as Twilight and Applejack got on their ship, they said, "Good luck!" And the ship veered away, and ahead of the ship Snowshy was still on, and Fluchuette asked, "Do you have a fleet, Snowshy?"

Snowshy shook her head, and said, "Not likely, my kind, is pretty much extinct, there are only myself, and my brother's children."

Fluchuette said, "Don't fret. I wanted you to know, I have read every book your brother ever wrote, and I know what happened, and I'm sorry about what happened to your race, but the most important thing right now is, that the your kind, is no longer the way they used to be. Thanks to the efforts of your brother, and yourself, you are showing the world, that when the Sorcerer Pony race, comes back in bigger numbers, that they will accept everypony, and they will never be like their ancestors were."

Snowshy said, "Thank you, Fluchuette."

Fluchuette said, "Anytime, Snowshy, and I should be thanking you, your are the one that convinced me and my kind, to even be here in the first place." Fluchuette was cut off, as a massive black mass, opened up, to their right, and a little above them."

A crew member asked, "What is that?"

Snowshy said, "It's not a time rift! That's for sure!"

Just then, a huge ship, and 200 ships came out the black mass, and floated to the sea, and the black mass closed, and as they hit the water, it splashed everywhere, and it was seen that the largest ship, was the main warship, and it had black sails, a red and black flag, with a familiar insignia, a red and black steering wheel could be seen, and it also had steel reinforcements, in critical areas of the ship. The ship itself was also red and black, and it had a frightening 100 cannons on it, and it had a fleet of 200 ships, and all were colored black, with black sails, and steel reinforcements in critical areas.

Fluchuette said, "I don't like the looks of that fleet..."

Snowshy recognized, what seemed to be the captain of the main warship, and said, "Wait! Don't do anything! Signal to that ship, to meet us here!"

Fluchuette nodded, and said, "I trust your judgement Snowshy, I just hope you know what you are doing."

Snowshy said, "Trust me, if it is, who I think it is, our odds, just changed dramatically in our favor."

It was in this moment, on Princess Luna's warship, that her soul crystal necklace shattered, and faded away into light shards, as Princess Luna herself, looked and watch the main warship, began to head in the direction, of Fluchuette's ship.

Meanwhile, back on Fluchuette's ship, Fluchuette nodded, and said, "Alright." Fluchuette then gave an order to the crew, to signal to the ship, that Snowshy pointed out, by lighting, and relighting torches, on the ship, in a certain pattern. A few moments passed, and they saw torches on the other ship, gave a signal back.

Fluchuette said, "Well, they didn't fire at us, that's a good sign."

Snowshy said, "What did they say?"

Fluchuette said, "They said they are coming to board, but they mean no harm."

Nopony said anything else, as the ship, came closer, and its crew members, and its captain came on board Fluchuette's ship, and Fluchuette said, "Welcome aboard, and I hope you are not our enemy. Plus, an esteemed special guest of my ship, Snowshy, firmly believes she recognizes your captain."

A voice behind the crew members that boarded said, "And she should."

The crew members that boarded, stood aside, as the sound of clinking armor came closer, and closer, until the captain of the ship, was in sight, and everypony gasped.

A crew member of Fluchuette's ship shuddered, and said, "I-I don't believe it! How is this possible?!"

Everypony else recognized who it was, and it none other than Darkness himself, clad in black and red armor, with a black cape, with red underneath it. He also had two katanas, on either side of him, and four cannon-barrel pistols. Darkness also had the insignia in the middle of his armor.

Darkness saw Snowshy, and went up to her, and said, "It's good to see you again, sister."

The two hugged each other, and said, "It's good to see you too, big brother."

The two then backed away from each other, and Fluchuette, took off her hat, in respect for the hero, as she said, "If it isn't one of the greatest, heroes of our time, and I have to say, I, no we, all have such a huge respect and admiration for you, and what you've done, and all that you have accomplished."

Darkness said, "I thank you for the kind words, but don't forget, it was because of my wife, my friends, everypony that helped us along the way, and for the sake of this world, and being able to just to see another tomorrow, that saw me through, my darkest days."

Fluchuette bowed, and said, "I will do well to remember that." Fluchuette paused and said, "If I may, just a quick question, why is your name, 'Darkness'? I've always wondered that, you could've been named something else, or chosen a different name, when you got older."

Darkness said, "There are many reasons to that, but for one, my mother named me that, and for two, I was given that name, for the destiny, that was set in stone, with only two choices, but either way, Darkness Night was going to return. Plus, it also had to do with the fact of the hatred, towards those that had treated me so horribly when I was young, and the sadness I felt. My mother foresaw all this, and she knew the only name for me had to be Darkness, for the reasons I have spoke of, but also for the hope, that I would be able to fight back the Darkness, aka.,Darkness Night, that had chosen to try and take over my mind, and my body. But if you really want to know more, I believe I wrote about that subject, in detail, in one of my first books. You should find all the information you want to know there, and it will all become clear, and to why I was named what I was, and why I was resolved to keep it, plus, it later become a name, that defined my destiny, and my legacy as well, which now lives on in my children. Within them, together they carry the power, that may succeed me, but what they do with that kind of power, is up to them."

Fluchuette bowed again, and was stopped, as Darkness said, "Please, there is no need for that, I'm just like the rest of you, after all."

Fluchuette got back up, and said, "Very well, and thank you for that clarification, and it seems, I need to re-read your books again. It would seem, I've missed a few things. I can now see why so many of ponykind, is so fond of you. You are brave, honest, and very humble, and never once, raising yourself to a point, where you seem to be better than anypony else, you consider yourself just like the rest of us, and I have to say, it is awe-inspiring to witness, and to hear, from the pony himself."

Snowshy said, "Okay, okay, that's enough, we are wasting time like this, and let's not forget, that we are just as important as well."

Fluchuette cleared her throat, and got a hold of herself, and she said, "Sorry about that, my apologies to the both of you, I just have such a huge respect for Darkness, and all that he's done, and..."

Snowshy said, "You're doing it again..."

Fluchuette said, "Oh! Sorry, sorry!"

Snowshy then turned back to Darkness, and said, "Why are you here? And you lost control of the time rifts, right? Plus, I thought, the Gods Of Equestria, didn't want, anypony from the Hall Of Heroes, interfering with the mortal world?"

Darkness said, "I am here, as are all the heroes from the Hall Of Heroes, because, we have been sent here, by the Gods Of Equestria. But yes, some time ago, I couldn't keep the time rifts, from spiraling out of control, as I watched in horror, as Parallex, come into the mortal world, there was nothing I could do. And yes, you are right, but the Gods Of Equestria, have seen what Arrovak has been up to, and how he is drawing power, and where he is drawing it from, plus they also saw the arrival of Parallex, and they are taking no chances, and have ordered us, to assist in any way we can in the mortal world, and the gods, sent us here, to this conflict." Darkness then spoke to everypony, as he said, "As you all may have guessed, this fight out here, right now, is very critical: if we lose here, it's all over, this battle is tied to a lot of things, so defeat is not a option, and the Gods Of Equestria saw it the same way, as the rest of us did, and are doing what they can to assist. Which is why, we the heroes of old, and of more recent times, have been sent here, to do what we can, for those that still live."

Snowshy said, "So pretty much, the Gods Of Equestria, are pulling out the stops, and have sent you all here, to do what you can, in hopes, that it will assure victory?"

Darkness said, "Well, in simpler terms, yes, that's cut and dry bit of it."

Fluchuette said, "Well, if we all survive, we all will have to thank the gods, for their kind efforts."

Darkness said, "You and me both, because even with us here, there is still a very good chance, we could lose this fight. Arrovak's naval fleet is strong, and rather cunning, they are not the dumb ones, that you fought on land, no. Arrovak's best, have been reserved for out here, in the sea, so this will take everything we got, including our smarts, and every tactic we know and can think of."

Snowshy said, "Wait a minute, how much time do all of you have here, right now?"

Darkness said, "Until we get killed, then our temporary bodies, will disintegrate, and we will be sent back to the spiritual realm, where we cannot come back to the mortal world, for another 100 years."

Snowshy said, "So all you are alive again, until either Arrovak is dead, or this fight is won?"

Darkness said, "Either or."

Snowshy said, "I see, and it seems we got quite a fight ahead of us then. We better get going, this is going to be as you said, it's going to take everything we got."

Darkness said, "That's right, good luck to all of you out there."