• Published 28th Apr 2018
  • 255 Views, 1 Comments

The Legacy Of Darkness - Darkness 1



40 years have passed since the death of Darkness, Equestria has enjoyed peace since then, however, evil never rests long, and a new evil arises.

  • ...
 1
 255

Seeking Help From The Shipbuilder Ponies, Part 1

After about what seemed a while, everypony looked out beyond them, and they could see what looked like an rather large island, and as they got closer, they could see ports all over the island. Applejack pointed it out, and said, "Everypony! Look! Is that what we're lookin for?"

Rarity said, "It sure matches the description, the whole island, has got ports all over it, and even in the middle of the island, I guess it isn't called a 'port island', for nothing!"

One of the Griffons heard, and said, "Well, with sarcasm aside, these 'Shipbuilder Ponies', make the best ships, you'll ever see, or ride on, if you guys get the chance! Plus, they masters at naval warfare, you'll find nopony better than them, when comes to that, and I should know! I have some friends of mine that took them on in a mock naval battle, and they lost in....well 15 seconds, that's how good these Shipbuilder Ponies are, so I respect them for that, and you will too, when you see them in action... well that is if you can convince them to come and help the war effort, we could all sure use their help! That is, if you all can convince them....they can be quite stubborn, but look where they live for crying out loud, it's required of them, their home has had, and still has their far share of dangers, but hey, you never know, you all might have a plan on how to convince them come and help with the fight against Arrovak's armies when time comes!"

Everypony looked at each other, and Rainbow Dash said, "We do have a plan, don't we?!"

Silver Sky said with sarcasm this time, "Clearly we don't if you're asking that!"

Pinkie Pie said, "We'll think of something!"

Twilight said, "Yeah, I just hope it doesn't offended these ponies, that's the last thing we need, is to get killed at sea!"

Nopony didn't say anything else, as the lead Griffon said, "We'll be getting to their trade hub soon, and you guys can get off there, we'll make our trades and head back, and good luck to you guys and your quest!"

Rarity said, "Thank you, and thank you guys for waiting on us!"

The lead Griffon said, "It wasn't an issue, we almost forgot a few things anyways, so it gave us time, to pack them, before you got to us, the Shipbuilder Ponies would've been very upset, if they hadn't gotten their latest shipment of tackle lines, and fishing nets, and some steel ore!"

Rarity said, "I see, but thank you all anyways!"

Everypony was silent, as they came close to the trading hub, and the Griffons, closed their wings in a little, and went through the large hole, that had the sign with the number 'four', on it, and spread their wings out, and leaned back a little as they came to a landing on the platform of the trading hub, and everypony got off, and gave their thanks to the Griffons, and the lead Griffon said, "Well, it was nice meeting you all, you all need to take a right, it leads right out of here, and then just follow the signs, the Shipbuilder Ponies have realized how confusing this place can be, so they have placed signs for each walkway, and each place and residence, farewell, ponies, and again, good luck to you all, may we meet again sometime."

Twilight said, "We will, on the front lines, against Arrovak's armies."

The Griffons all nodded in agreement, and everypony left the trading hub, and starting looking for the sign that would give them an idea of which way they should go next, and Pinkie Pie spotted a sign straight ahead that said the following: "For residential areas: go to the left. For town market trade: go to the right. For the Shipbuilder Master Ruler: continue straight ahead, and follow next sign's instructions."

Everypony looked at each other, and began to continue walking forward, and Rainbow Dash said, "Well, for once, that was easy."

Rarity said, "I could see how somepony could get lost here, every path looks the same, it's all wooden, and from the looks of it, and I'm no carpenter, but it looks hastily made together."

Applejack was stomping hard on the wooden floor, and said, "It may look that way, but its pretty solid, if it can still stay together after me doing all that, then yeah, I would say its fine to walk on. So yes, Rarity, despite its 'not so fashionable appearance', it does it's job just fine."

Rarity stooped for for minute, and crossed her front hooves for a few seconds, and then kept walking, as she said, "Whatever you say Ms. 'I like to cover my hooves in dirt'."

Applejack chuckled, and said, "You know, I believe 'you', said something like that once, and you did do that one time, when you covered yourself in mud."

Rarity said, "Alright fine, I may have gone overboard that time, but it was once, okay? Once!"

Everypony laughed, and kept moving forward, until they came up to the next sign that said, "You are coming near towards the home of the ruler of the Shipbuilder Ponies: please show your respects, and if you have business with the Shipbuilder Master Ruler, please wait at the front desk of the attendant that greets you when you get inside the building, and state your business. Thank you, and have a pleasant day."

Everypony didn't what to say, so they kept walking forward, until they came up to a rather large, but fine oak building, with rather nice-looking oak doors, and a small set of stairs to match the doors, and as everypony came up to them, the doors opened, and they all went up the stairs and inside the building. As they all got inside the building, the doors shut behind them, and they all saw a rather large desk, so they went up to it, and the walls in front of them, flipped around, and the wall to right, opened a door in the middle of it, and a pony dressed in everyday shipbuilder pony attire, came out from the wall opening, and went behind the desk. The attendant looked up, and saw them, and asked everypony, in a formal tone, "Your names please?"

Twilight said, " I am Twilight Sparkle, and these are my friends, Snowshy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, and Silver Sky."

The attendant's eyes lit up, when he heard the names, and he said, "Wait, the Twilight Sparkle and her friends? THE SNOWSHY??? Oh my gosh!! I can't believe this!! What brings you all here? Do seek an audience with our ruler?"

Silver Sky said with a scowl, "Hey! What about me?"

The attendant looked at him, frowned, and said, "Never heard or seen you before, just because you are hanging with these guys, that only goes so far."

Rarity said, "Ouch."

Silver Sky said, "It's alright, I should've seen that one coming though."

The attendant focused his attention on the rest of them and said, "Anyways, if seek an audience with our ruler, come this way, unless, you have other business here?"

Snowshy said, "No, that's why we are here."

The attendant said, "Very well, this way please, I shall take you to see her."

Rainbow Dash said, "Whoa, wait just a minute, her?"

The attendant laughed a little, and said, "Yeah, you know, we get that reaction a lot, almost every time we get somepony new here, I just don't get it. I mean come on, Princess Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Twilight, are rulers of their own kingdoms, why is it so hard to believe we have a mare ruler out here? I just don't get it, at all, oh well. Anyways, be careful not to get caught in between the walls, believe me, that's not pleasant, I should know, I had a friend of mine, thinking he was funny, was messing around with the wall flipping, going back and forth, really fast, and got smashed in half by them, so please don't do that, it's sucks cleaning up the mess, and well, it was tearful, as well, I lost a good friend in the process, but that's just life isn't it? Anyways, this way please."

Everypony just looked at each other uneasily, as they followed the attendant to the platform against the wall, the wall then flipped around, and everypony now saw in front of them, a hallway, with many doors on either side, and one door, bigger than the others, at the very end of the hall, and then the attendant got off the platform, and said, "This way, please, it's just down the hall, and through the door there. And don't open the other doors, we have very important representatives of the town in them, unless you want to go to jail for ten years. So whatever you do, don't open any of them, they could be in a very important meeting like town improvements, and whatnot."

Rarity said, "Could somepony put in suggestions?"

The attendant said with an annoyed look on his face, "If it's about how the town looks, then no."

Rarity said, "Crap."

Everypony then just followed the attendant as they went down the hall, and the attendant knocked on the door, and said, "Madam, we have guests here, that seek an audience with you."

A mare's voice could be heard through the door as the voice said, "Their names?"

The attendant said, "Those seeking an audience with you are as follows: Snowshy, Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Silver Sky, madam."

The voice said, "They are here!? Send them in, this is quite unexpected, let them come in at once!"

The attendant said, "Yes madam." And the attendant then opened the door, and everypony went inside, and the attendant closed the door, and as everypony got through the door, he shut the door behind them, and he could be heard walking away.

As everypony was now in the room, they saw it was rather large, and it looked like the insides of nice luxury wooden ship, but with a large red carpet down the walkway, and a large ornate gold plated chair with blue cushioning on it, which was empty, at the end of the walkway. Rarity commented, "You know, this isn't bad, it's rather nice."

Applejack said, "It's a bit...fancy, but I have agree, it fits the place, and I'm not a fashionista or anything, I'm just saying."

Everypony's attention was diverted, when a mare voice said, "Welcome, Snowshy and friends." when a tall mare, in balcony above the chair, called out to them. As she came down the stairs to them, they could she had a light blue coat, a black mane, and tail, piercing crimson eyes, which her right eye, had a patch over it, and she was wearing a captain's coat, which was a light blue as well, with light gold trimming on the edges. She also wore black boots, and a nice-looking captain's hat, and two swords on either side or her. As she came fully down the stairs, she went over to her chair, sat down, and called to Snowshy and the others, and said, "Come here, don't be afraid, you have nothing to fear, in my town, we don't hurt anypony unless they hurt one of our own, that is our custom, that is the Shipbuilder Pony way."

Everypony nodded, and came forward, and stopped ten steps away from the ruler of the Shipbuilder ponies, and they all except Snowshy were beginning to bow, when the ruler said, "That won't be necessary. Plus we aren't ones for such fancy formalities. And besides, you are welcome guests here, only our governmental officials, and town representatives bow, now what to I owe the pleasure of your visit?"

Twilight said, "We have come to ask you and your kind, a question, but a very important one."

The ruler said, "Okay, but where are my manners? My name is Fluchuette, the VIII. Master and ruler of this town, and of the Shipbuilder Ponies."

Twilight said, "Well, you already know who we are, but before we ask, may we explain why we asking this particular question, Fluchuette?"

Fluchuette said, "Well, I know all of you, except for that Silver one....but of course, I'm sensing that this is no ordinary question, I'm interested in hearing this 'explanation' of yours, so go ahead, explain away, you have my interest, and undivided attention."

Twilight was about to continue, when Snowshy said, "I think I better handle the explaining."

Twilight said, "Of course Snowshy, go on then."

Snowshy then said, "Thank you, now as you may of guessed, we have come here, for more than idle chat, and a friendly visit, we came here for a very specific reason, and that is to ask if you and your kind will help us, to fight against Arrovak's armies, in the upcoming war."

Fluchuette stood up, and said, "War? Arrovak? Why? What is going on? And why should we care?"

Snowshy then said, "Because if Arrovak and his armies are not dealt with, and if everypony, and every living thing that can fight back, does not band together, this planet with be destroyed, with any possible survivors, enslaved, and then Arrovak with destroy the universe at the same time as well. This mad pony affects us all."

Fluchuette sat down, and said, "I see, go on."

Snowshy then began to explain who Arrovak was, his arrival, what he has been doing, where he is drawing his power from, and how he plans to conquer the world, by total and utter domination and destruction of the world. Snowshy also began to explain that the war and that it will break out in the air, sea, and on land as well, and could break out at any minute, and she explained and emphasized again on how the cooperation of every living thing that fight back is needed, for any chance at all at defeating this terrible threat to existence.

As Snowshy finished explaining, Fluchuette got back up, and began pacing the floor, from either side of Snowshy and the others, and she then stopped in front of Snowshy and the others, and said, "Okay, okay, that is clearly a very real threat, fine, I will not debate that. However, did you know, it your kind, that deserted us, and left us to where we live here now? Oh, and by the way, not your kind Snowshy, we thought you all to a myth, till the stories of Darkness reached us, from the Griffons, who have been our trading partners for longer than they tell, they are not ashamed of us, that's just their way of respect."

Snowshy said, "What do you mean, that Twilight's and the others pony kind 'deserted', you?"