• Published 28th Apr 2018
  • 254 Views, 1 Comments

The Legacy Of Darkness - Darkness 1



40 years have passed since the death of Darkness, Equestria has enjoyed peace since then, however, evil never rests long, and a new evil arises.

  • ...
 1
 254

Seeking Help From The Powdersmith Ponies, Part 2

Rainbow Dash said, "Perhaps they have left already?"

Rarity said with sarcasm, "Doubt it."

Twilight was going to say something when a voice said behind her, "Don't move."

Twilight turned around, and a pony holding a strange object, had it pointed at her face, and the strange pony yelled out, "Move in!"

As if they came out from the sand itself, Snowshy and the others found themselves surrounded by the strange ponies, as Rarity said, "Found them."

Snowshy spoke, "Please, put down whatever those are, and hear us out, we have not come here to harm any of you, we have come in peace, and are here for a very important reason."

The one that had the strange object still pointed at Twilight, looked at Snowshy, and said, "Oh? And what might that be? Furthermore, who are all of you? Identify yourselves?"

Snowshy spoke for the group, and said, "I am Snowshy, sister to Darkness. You know, the hero that defeated Bolverk forty years ago? He's my big brother...anyways, this is Twilight, Silver Sky, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Fluttershy."

The pony said, "You don't say...anypony can take up those names, can any of you prove who you say you are?"

Snowshy nodded to the others, and said, "Everypony, use all your faith and self-confidence in yourselves, and I will as well, and show them, that we are who we say we are."

Everypony nodded, and they all began to focus, as hard as they could, trying to ignore the predicament they were in, and after a few moments, everypony's cutie mark symbol began to multiply around to a total of eight, and it began to circle each and each of them, as their own colors, began to light up above them, and then met in the middle, and then a bright flash blinded everypony for a minute, as the massive sword floated in the middle of group, and remained there. Snowshy then said, "Is that proof enough?"

The strange pony said, "There is no doubt now....only you guys could so such a thing." The strange pony then put down the strange object, and issued out the order to the other ponies, and said, "Stand down! They mean us no harm, they are our guests!"

The other ponies put the strange objects they were carrying, down, as Twilight and the others, released their focus, and the sword fragmented, and faded away in different shards of light. As they all stood there, as the strange pony ordered to the others, "Take Snowshy and her friends, to the city, I will follow behind you all, and make sure, that we are not being followed."

The other ponies, ushered over to Snowshy and the others, and everypony followed them, and as they were walking along, the one behind them all, asked, "What's this important reason, that brought you all here? If I may ask?"

Snowshy asked in return, "What's with all the security?"

The strange pony said, "Well, things have been rather....odd lately, and we've had some rather strange castaway ponies, come to this island, and they have been trying to rob from us, the items vary, but they seemed very interested, in what we use to defend ourselves."

Everypony looked at each others, and Twilight said, "You don't think???"

Snowshy said, "No, if it was members of Arrovak's army, there would've been a full-fledged war that would've broke out, by now, and we would've seen it."

Twilight said, "Yeah....I suppose you're right. Still odd though."

Rarity said, "That will be a mystery we'll have to solve another time, we have to get this done as soon as possible, and get back to Canterlot, we need to let the others now, and prepare for war ourselves. Plus, come up with plans on how to tackle Arrovak's armies, without committing suicide in the process."

The strange pony got everypony's attention and said, "Um, hello? You still haven't answered my question? What brings you all here, what is this task of yours, that it is so important, that you all had to come here to do it?"

Snowshy said, "I would tell you, but we don't have the time, we need to see whoever is in charge here."

The strange pony was a little upset, but understood, and said, "I understand, we'll take you, to our queen, she is in charge of this island, but I would still like to know."

Snowshy said, "You will find out when we speak to your queen."

The strange pony said, "Very well, and oh yeah, me and my kind never properly introduced ourselves, we are the Powdersmith Ponies, and I am the commander of this unit, Commander Trios."

Rainbow Dash said, "That's a very unusual name."

Commander Trios said, "Maybe to you, yes, to us, our customs, and culture, are a bit different out here."

Fluttershy said, "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you all."

Commander Trios said, "Likewise."

One of the other ponies pointed ahead of them, as they were still walking along, and said, "We are here, welcome to our city, the castle, is the center of town. We'll escort you all there, and we'll be there in about 20 minutes."

Pinkie Pie, asked, "What were those things your were all pointing at us? And what do you guys do or make? Or how about what you guys eat???"

Commander Trios said, "Easy, easy, one question at a time, those 'things', we were pointing at you, we call them 'powder pistols'. And as far as what we do or make, we make powder guns, cannons, all sorts of steel swords, and other metal weaponry, and everything utilitarian metal tool, or building fittings, oh and explosives. It's our specialty as a race, and when it comes to long range, close quarters, large group or war combat, we excel in these fields. And well, as far as what we eat, we trade with others around the world for food, for some our goods, and we also eat, what is grown and what lives here as well."

Pinkie Pie sighed, and said, "Talk about lots of info to take in at once..."

Everypony laughed, and Applejack said, "We'll yer the one that asked so many questions."

Rainbow Dash said, "Wait a minute! The pegasi, have always been masters at war combat! And do you guys make armor too?"

Commander Trios said, "You are right, we just have been in more wars, than we would've wanted to be in, plus, we held a tournament a few years back, on this, and the pegasi lost in three minutes, so your may have been the masters of it, for some time, but we took that mantle, quite some time ago. For you see, there used to more around these parts, and this desert, wasn't always desert, but after so much war and destruction with neighboring countries, the island fell to decay, and mostly all plant and animal life died, and our last war was 800 years ago, when 4 countries a little to the west of here, invaded, and were wiped out by us, as we took the fight to them, and sank their land to the bottom of the sea. Okay, okay, maybe it wasn't the best thing to do, but we had to do something, to end the fighting, the death, and loss of homes, that war had been going on for way too long already, so we ended it all the only way we could've at the time. Believe me, my ancestors had tried every possible other means to end the fighting, but the enemy was too stubborn and hateful of us, to listen to reason. So in essence, we did what we had to do, not that we liked doing it, but because we had to. And as far as armor is concerned, we make some armor, but we are not as good at it, as the Earth and Pegasi Ponies are at it, those kind of ponies still hold the honor of that."

Rainbow Dash said, "It's hard to believe my kind lost to yours, but I am glad to hear my kind is still the masters of armor-forging!"

One of the other ponies, interrupted their conversation, and said, "We are here, go through the door, and just up the stairs to the right, and down the hallway in the middle, and open the throne room doors, and give the guards the letter the commander gives the guards, and they will let you pass. We will stay here, you and the commander will continue from here."

Twilight said, "Wow, I hadn't realized we were talking so much, that we reached our destination so fast."

Commander Trios motioned to the guards at the door, to open it, and said, "Shall we?"

Everypony nodded, went through the door, as the doors, were closed behind them, went up the stairs to the right, and went down the hall the middle until they came upon two massive doors, with two very intimating guards at the door, and the guard to the left said, "Present letter, stating your business!"

Commander Trios, stepped forward, gave the guards the letter, and they nodded and opened the doors, and stepped aside, and Commander Trios said, "Come, my queen awaits."

Everypony nodded, and went into the throne room, as the doors were closed behind them, and they all walked down the black and purple carpet, until they came 10 steps from the throne chair, and the queen said, "Commander Trios, welcome back, and who are these ponies?"

Twilight tried to speak, and said, "We are..."

The queen said, "Quiet! The commander first, and then you can speak."

Commander Trios said, "These ponies are none other than the heroes of lore and legend. They are Snowshy, Twilight, Silver Sky, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash."

The queen got up, and said, "Well, this is quite the surprise indeed, although, I think I know why you are all here. A few hours ago, I got word, that you all were recruiting the Shipbuilder Ponies, and the Griffons, against the maniacal Arrovak, to ensure that he and his army are put down."

Everypony gasped, including the commander, as he said, "Oh, now I see why, you didn't want to explain until we got to my queen, huh, that actually makes a lot of sense."

Twilight said, "Uh, yeah, that's why we're here. Will you help us?"

The queen smiled, and said, "I made up my mind on this matter, shortly after I got word, and we've been preparing ever since, hence the tight security measures. You need not try to convince me, we will be there to put this Arrovak down, and show him, that the inhabitants of this world, will not be pushed around!!"

Everypony cheered, and as everypony calmed down, Snowshy asked the queen, "Is there something else we can ask?"

The queen said, "Of course, what is it?"

Snowshy said, "You see, now that our task is complete, we need to get back to Canterlot, and prepare ourselves."

The queen said, "Well, the quickest way, would be.....hmmm. It might be dangerous, but you have risked much already to come out here and to the other races." She then turned to Commander Trios, and said, "Get the 'immediate transport' ready, go! Now! We don't have time to spare, and neither do they!"

The Commander bowed, and said, "At once, my queen, it'll take a few minutes, but listen for the horn everypony, and we'll have it set up just outside the castle." And as he finished talking, he took off, went outside the throne room, and out of sight.

The queen then turned back to everypony and said, "You all amaze me, your bravery together is something to behold, most of anypony else, would've turned tail and ran by now."

Everypony looked at each other, and smiled, and Twilight said, "It's because we have each other to count on, so we can't fail or lose, when we have each others backs, and our friendships together, that will see us through anything."

The queen said, "That is something very valuable indeed, especially in these times, never take it for granted, not everypony has such good friends as you all do with each other. Plus, your bond with each other, is strong.

Rarity said, "Yeah, she's right, it is, I feel so much stronger, when I put all my faith and trust into you all."

Applejack, "Yeah, I feel the same way too."

Rainbow Dash said, "Me too!"

Pinkie Pie said, "Me four!"

Fluttershy said, "I definitely feel safer, when you are all at my side, and I don't fear anything as long as I have you all there with me."

Silver Sky said, "As do I."

Snowshy said, "I'm just glad to have you all as my friends."

Twilight said, "That's right! I feel the same way too! With all of us together! We will see this through!"

Everypony said together, "Yeah!!!"

Just then, very bright lights lit up around them all, and engulfed them all in it, and after a few moments, it faded away, and Rainbow Dash asked, "What was that?

Rarity said, "We have fully regained our self-confidence, I can feel it, can't you all?"

Everypony nodded, but they didn't have time to celebrate, because a loud horn sounded in the distance, and the queen said, "Well, that was quite something, but you all better be on your way, and good luck, and see you all when the war breaks out. May the gods see us though these times...."

Twilight said, "Thank you, and I agree."

Everypony then ran out of the throne room, down the stairs, and out of the castle, where they were greeted by a colossal cannon, and the commander saw them, ushered them over, and said, "Quick! Get in the cannon! No time for gawking!"

Rainbow Dash said, "Are you nuts?

Twilight said, "There is no other way, let's go. Those that can fly, pick up the others that can't and let's get in the cannon."

Everypony that could fly, picked up the others, flew over to the opening of the cannon, and got inside, and they could hear the commander, as he said, "Get to the back of the cannon! And then brace yourselves!"

Everypony got to the back, and Rainbow Dash said, "This is crazy!"

Rarity said, "It's all we got, so shut up, and do as the commander said."

Twilight then said, "Ready!"

The commander said, "Okay! Here goes! Three! Two! One! Get ready!"

Everypony could hear the fuse being lit, and then a deafening crash, and clinking, and BOOOOOOOOMMM! Everypony was violently launched very fast and high into the air, as everypony did the best they could to regain their composure. Everypony didn't ever bother to try and talk, they all knew that none of them could hear anything at the moment, so they just focused, on not crashing into something. A few moments later, Twilight saw the mountain of Canterlot, and she pointed it out, as the others saw and nodded, as Rarity saw a perfect place to land, in a patch of grassland, just outside Canterlot, and she pointed it out. All those that could fly, got the others that couldn't and prepared for landing in the grassland, as they began to slow down, and landed softly in the grassland.

Everypony nodded, and ran to Canterlot, as everypony thought to themselves: they were on their way back to Canterlot, hopefully, with time still left, to where they could all prepare for war, figure out a battle plan, and see what had been going on, since they had left.