• Published 28th Apr 2018
  • 254 Views, 1 Comments

The Legacy Of Darkness - Darkness 1



40 years have passed since the death of Darkness, Equestria has enjoyed peace since then, however, evil never rests long, and a new evil arises.

  • ...
 1
 254

The Pursuit After Arrovak

Darkness then began his dimension spell, as he raised his front hooves high into the air, and then moved his front hooves as far away from each other as he could, to where they were now on the far left, and the far right of his sides, as a large symbol appeared below him, and he ushered everypony over, as he said, "Quick! All of you, over here! Onto the symbol!"

Rainbow Dash said, after everypony was on the symbol, "I didn't think you still knew how to do that."

Darkness, while still working on the spell, turned his head towards Rainbow Dash, and gave her a disapproving look, and said, "I may have died forty years ago. But it didn't mean I lost all memory in the process.'

Rainbow Dash only said, "Oh, I guess that makes sense."

The symbol began to grow brighter, and in a flash, everypony was gone from the chaotic world dimension, and back onto the island, as everypony landed softly back onto the ground. Violet Winter asked, "Everypony make it back okay?"

Solar Blaze, who seemed excited by the way they all just traveled, said excitedly, "That....was....SO COOL!!!" He then looked at Darkness, and said, "Dad, is this how you traveled from dimension, to dimension?"

Darkness nodded, and said, "Yes, and I have another way, but that would've been too dangerous for all of us. Too many things, could've gone wrong."

Solar Blaze, hearing this, was overjoyed, and said, "We should do that sometime!"

Darkness shook his head, and said, "I don't know......maybe someday...."

There was a hint of sadness in his voice, and Violet Winter picked up on it immediately, and said, "There's a catch, isn't there?"

Darkness looked at Violet Winter with pride, smiled, and said, "Heh, you truly are just like your mother. She always knew when I was sad like nopony ever could. But you have so many amazing qualities that came from me as well, it is truly a wonder to see the fine mare you have become." He then looked at Solar Blaze, and said, "And you, my son, have the sword skills, that nopony, perhaps, not even me, can possibly match, it is quite something....perhaps....when the time comes.....we shall all see for ourselves...." Darkness then looked at the ground, and then said, "As for the answer to your question, yes, there is a catch to that way of travel. Only a protector of time, and of all dimensions, can travel in this fashion, and seeing as you two, are still new to my life, not to mention, your destinies, are not realized, or set in stone either, so traveling in that fashion, would kill you two, the second, you went to try to travel this way."

Solar Blaze said, "I should've known, oh well, it was worth a shot.

Darkness was quiet for moment, and only said, "Yeah......" And in a much quieter voice, that Violet Winter only heard, he said, "But soon, that right will be passed on to.....my successors." Violet Winter went to go to speak, and Darkness lifted up his head, looked at Violet Winter, and raised up his hoof, and shook his head no. As Darkness and Violet Winter looked at each other in the eyes, Darkness began to talk to Violet Winter, through telepathy, and he said, "One day....you will understand....what I just said means....but now is not the time....one day....you both will understand.....and another thing....Solar Blaze is not ready for this information....not yet anyways. You will know in your heart....when it is time.....but it is not now."

Violet Winter nodded, and said out loud, "Okay..."

Rarity said, "Okay? Huh? What did you two just say?"

Violet Winter changed the subject, by saying, "We are wasting time here, we need to find Arrovak, and put an end to this."

Rarity started to speak, as she said, "But..."

Darkness said, "We have no more time for this! We must find Arrovak as soon as possible! Who knows what he's doing now! Plus, Parallex has stalled us from Arrovak, giving him time, we need to make up for lost time."

Twilight then said, "Okay then, but where do we start?"

Solar Blaze said, "Wait, remember what Parallex said? He said that, 'By now, halfway across the western seas, as he makes his way towards the Tall Tale Isle.' Do you all remember that?"

Applejack said, "Wait, Tall Tale Isle? I know where that is! It's a small foreboding island, that nopony dares to go close to. The island lies just off the coast of the Smoky Mountain!"

Snowshy said, "Then we have our next destination then."

Rainbow Dash said, "What are we doing just standing here then? Let's....."

Rainbow Dash was interrupted, as a massive, black mass opened, and a grotesque form of Parallex, began to come out of it, as he said, "YOU WILL GO NOWHERE! COME! LET THE WORST OF YOUR GREATEST NIGHTMARES CONSUME YOU!"

Snowshy, who had not released her hold on her self-confidence, held the sword in battle stance, and said to everypony, "Everypony! Quickly! Focus on all of your self-confidence! So I can send this monster, back where he belongs!"

Parallex's chilling, eerie, laughter echoed all around them, and it seemed distorted a bit as well, as he said, "Hahahaha! I am already dead! You cannot harm me!"

Snowshy, looked at horrific form of Nightmare Parallex, and said, "Wrong again!"

She then, began to spin the sword in wide circles, above her, as everypony backed away from her and Nightmare Parallex. As Snowshy continued to spin the sword, she began to create a maelstrom of pure light energy, and then she stopped spinning the sword, and lowered the sword back to her normal battle stance, as the pure light energy began to encircle her and the sword, and within an instant, she was near Nightmare Parallex. She then raised the sword, and plunged it deep into Nightmare Parallex, and the pure light energy bursted, and began to go through Nightmare Parallex, in all directions, as Snowshy kept the sword, right she had plunged in Nightmare Parallex. Nightmare Parallex screamed in horror, as the pure light, began eating him away, and after a few more moments, Nightmare Parallex, was torn to shreds, and his screams of horror, faded away. Snowshy then released her hold of her self-confidence, and the sword, broke into light shards and faded away, as the black mass portal began to grow unstable, and Violet Winter said, "We need to go!"

Everypony looked around for a ship, and they all saw Darkness's warship, Cerberus, was still on the beach, as Darkness saw his ship as well, and he said, "Everypony! Quick! Onto my ship!"

Everypony ran as fast as they could towards Darkness's ship, as the black mass portal, began to suck things within it, and consume it. The vacuum of the black mass portal only got stronger and stronger, and everypony was close enough to the ship, that they all began to struggle to get on board. After a few minutes, everypony got on board, and Darkness ran to the steering wheel of the ship, and pulled a lever to his right, as he said, "Everypony! Hold on!"

Just then, the cannons on the right side of the ship, fired, and it lurched the ship, away from the beach, as Darkness struggled to steer the ship away from the island, as it was now being consumed by the black mass portal, as the earth began to shake and it quickly got more and more violent. Twilight, and Snowshy came up to the wheel, and helped Darkness turn the wheel of the ship away from the island, and with their combined efforts, the ship began to steer away from the island. The ship now was facing the sea, but wasn't able to go fast enough, as it began to slowly, to go back towards to black mass portal, which it's pull, was getting immensely stronger, as Rainbow Dash said, "We're not going to make it!"

Darkness said, "Oh, we'll make it! I still have one more trick up my sleeve!" Darkness then pulled four levers, two on the right, and two on the left, and all cannons on the left and right side of the ship, all pointed to the back of the ship, and thirty cannons, came out of the back of the ship as well, and all cannons fired, as the ship went at breakneck speed, away from the island. Everypony cheered, as they all could see that they were getting farther and farther away from the island, that the entire island had now been entirely consumed, as the earth tremors got to a point, where everypony were holding on for dear life, as the black mass portal began to suck in the ocean, as unfortunate sea creatures got sucked up into it, and then, it violently closed, with a massive, powerful shockwave. Just then, as everypony got knocked off their hooves by the shockwave, they got back up to their feet, when they all saw out where the island used to be, a black-purple-like light began to emit, and it began to grow bigger, and bigger, as it floated a little above the ocean. It then disintegrated into small shards, as this was Parallex's Chaotic Realm, and his power, were becoming no more, and then, it all erupted into a mixture of black and purple, and into a massive explosion, that began to grow bigger and bigger, and higher as well, and it began to get closer to Darkness and the others who were on the ship.

Rainbow Dash said, "Uh, unless you all feel like being barbecued, we need to get this ship to go faster!"

Darkness said, "No crap! You think!?"

Snowshy said, "Get everything off this ship! Now! Hurry! Before we become toast!"

Darkness stayed at the wheel, while everypony ran here and there all over the ship, shoving crates, barrels, spare ship parts, everything and anything they could throw overboard.

As the power explosion got closer and closer, Rarity said, "Don't mind it! Just keep throwing everything we can overboard!"

As a few moments went by, the ship began to go faster and faster, and began to get father away from the explosion, as Darkness said, "Great job everypony! That was a little too close for comfort for a minute there."

The explosion continued to expand, and then it stopped, as it continued to raise ever higher into the sky, and then it all quickly retracted, as a portal opened, and it was all sucked into it, and then it closed, with a few black and purple sparks emitting where the portal was, and then there was no more, and all was still and silent.

A voice echoed, and a evil laugh rang all around everypony, as it said, "Muwahahaha.....hahahahaha.......MUWAHAHAHA! FOOLS! INGRATES! INSOLENT BUGS! YOU SHALL PAY DEARLY FOR PARALLEX'S DEATH! STARTING WITH YOU ALL! THEN THE WORLD WILL DIE BY MY HOOF! YOU CANNOT STOP ME! I HAVE ACHIEVED THE ULTIMATE POWER! I.......I......AM...........INVINCIBLE! HAHAHAHA! COME AND FACE ME!!!! IF YOU DARE!!!!!"

As Arrovak's laughter and voice faded away, everypony looked at Darkness, who was at the wheel, and he said, "I know, I know, we have no time for recovery. We must get to Tall Tale Isle, and stop Arrovak!"

Everypony agreed in unison, as Darkness with a smirk said, "Alright then! Let's end this! Once for all!" As Darkness finished saying this, the ship began to make its way towards Tall Tale Isle, for a final battle with Arrovak.