• Published 3rd Nov 2017
  • 19,721 Views, 1,070 Comments

Seven Saviors - Arcanum -Phantasy



Sunset finally breaks and decides to end it all. Can a group of friends she didn't even know she had bring her back from the brink and put Annon-a-miss down?

  • ...
53
 1,070
 19,721

Ch.10 Checkmate

The cafeteria was a buzz with activity and gossip. All of its inhabitants were currently occupied with an odd scene. Not only did Sunset have her bodyguards to keep her company at what had been come to be known as "her table" but the rest of her till now secret posy. The only member of their group not present was Derpy, but that didn't bother the group of friends all that much. What added to the strangeness of the group was how relaxed they were. It was as if they weren't sitting in a pressure geyser just waiting to explode, a fact that put the surrounding students on edge.

"Are you ready?" Vinyl smirked over her lunch. "Derpster told me its gonna happen at two."

"Yep," Sunset sighed happily as she looked at the clock just above the cafeteria's entrence. "I can't believe this is almost over."

"I know what you mean," Octavia sighed, putting a comforting hand on Sunset's shoulder. "In just three minutes, Meme Queen's going to remind everyone what made her a legend."

"Reminds me of my first world tournament," Lyra smiled as she took a swig of her soda. "I worked so hard to get there and when I finally did, I thought I was dreaming the whole time."

"At least until you got to your first opponent," Bonbon smirked, giving her friend a playful elbow jab.

Lyra laughed and nudged Bonbon back before she went back to trying to shove a whole cheeseburger into her mouth.

"I'm just glad things can go back to being peaceful again," Fluttershy sighed, lips turned into a small smile.

"At least until the next crazy thing happens," Lighting said as she shoveled a forkful of spaghetti into her mouth.

Everyone gave her a questioning look.

"What?" she said around a mouthful of food. "The way I see it, we've had two magical incidents and a cyber attack. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we got attacked by a fallen angel with the power to summon black holes or something."

"I think you've been spending too much time with Lyra, love," Octavia chuckled before taking a sip of her cranberry juice.

"Yeah, yeah," she muttered. "You know I'm right."

At that moment, Principal Celestia came into the Cafeteria pushing a fully loaded computer table with a thirty-four inch wide monitor set up on it. As everyone watched her move it into the front of the room, Sunset gave the clock a quick glance.

Just on time.

"Show time," Vinyl smirked.

When Principal Celestia turned on the monitor, she took up position at its left like a guard with an unreadable expression on her face. The screen was blank for a time, then an image flickered onto it, indistinguishable at first but that quickly changed. On the screen was a black hooded figure, their face hidden behind a masquerade mask and gauze wraps. The figure's eyes were cold and black with no visible pupils as they glared through their mask at the student's in the cafeteria.

"Good afternoon students of Canterlot High," the figure said, voice hidden behind a synthesizer. "For those of you who don't know me, let me introduce myself. I am Meme Queen."

The room became as silent as a tomb, all eyes set on the screen and the unnerving figure it displayed.

"For the last two months, a blogger named Anon-a-Miss has been terrorizing the school, spreading secrets, and doing everything in their power to destroy one of the very students that saved us from three ancient terrors from another world. For a while, I thought this whole thing would pass on its own, but recent discoveries has forced my hand. Today I have some good news for all of you; I have discovered Anon-a-Miss' true identity. However, I will not reveal who they are today. Instead, they will be revealed at the end of the week, just before Christmas break in an assembly that will bring in all students from both the High School and Elementary departments. Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna have agreed to do this and have already taken steps to make this happen. In addition, I have something I want to say to Anon-a-Miss. I know that you're watching this and I know that you're scared. Good. This is exactly how you made Sunset feel this whole time. But as much as I pity you for the hole of despair you've dug for yourselves, I can't let what you've done slide. So instead, I suggest you make the most of the the time you have left. That's the only mercy I'm going to give you."

With that, the screen cut to black. The silence still remained, with feelings of the announcement divided three ways. Some of the student's were thrilled to finally see a possible end to all the madness that had consumed the school. Others were terrified for what would happen to them due to their involvement in said madness. But one group was happy that justice was going to be served and a friend was going to finally get the closure she deserved.



***



Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle stared slack-jawed at their phones, the live video from Meme Queen force-played against their input commands. Fortunately, the Elementary Department held lunch at the same time as the High School Department, so none of their classmates could hear what was being said as they stood under the shade of their favorite tree. While Applebloom and Scootaloo looked uneasy, Sweetie was starting to turn a little green as she stared at her screen.

"I-It's a bluff, right?" Scootaloo asked with a shaky smile. "She's just trying to fake us out, right?"

Before either of her friends could respond, they all got a message alert from their Mystable apps. Nervous, they tapped the icon and went to their messages. What they saw chilled them to their bones. A simple one word message from Meme Queen on their own personal Mystable accounts.

Checkmate.

Sweetie dropped her phone, clutched her stomach, and ran to a side of the tree to throw up while her friends stared at their devices in a cold sweat with shaking hands. As the weight of their situation sunk in for her, Scootaloo summed up the group's thoughts with one of her own.

Shit!



***



Rarity had no idea how she felt about the most recent turn of events. On one hand, all of this messy business was finally going to be put to an end. On the other, at least two of her friendships were dead as a consequence of the latest scandal. To add to it, she had been feeling like a part of herself had died as well for the past few days. She saw it in the cafeteria yesterday, someone managed to discover Anon-a-Miss' identity. She should've been happy! She should've been singing her joy to the heavens! But she didn't feel happy. In fact, she didn't feel much of anything lately. She was, empty. No other word could describe the hollow feeling she had in her chest. Not even her craft could fill the void in her soul. As such, it came as no surprise to her that as she sat in her bedroom, drowned in evening darkness with only her desk lamp giving her light, she stared blankly at an empty page of her sketchpad. No matter how hard she tried, nothing came to her. No dresses. No accessories. Not even a hat or pair of shoes.

"What's the point," she sighed as she flipped her light off.

Her shoulders sagged from a phantom weight as she forced herself out of her chair and staggered towards her bed. She placed a hand to her forehead and groaned.

Perhaps I had too much, she thought, her gaze drifting towards a hidden bottle of wine under her desk. With an empty sigh, she shelved the thought. It was pointless anyway. Besides, the drink served its purpose.

She dropped onto her bed, not even bothering with her usual evening decorum of sliding into her covers. She was too tired and drunk to care. It was liberating in a way, not caring. It made things so simple when everything had become so complicated lately.

A cold breeze washed over her, bringing a shiver through her spine.

It's cold. I should get covered.

In spite of her thoughts, her body refused to move.

I see. Maybe I deserve to be cold. Who knows how many cold nights Sun-

She stopped her line of thought before it could go any further. She had already spent the past four hours after school beating herself up over her idiocy. Everyone had, but while Applejack and Pinkie Pie tried to find a way to fix what little remained of their friendship with Sunset and Rainbow Dash was struggling with finding where she stood on the matter, Rarity returned to bad habits.

Just sleep Rarity. You won't feel the cold if you sleep. You won't feel so empty if you dream.
Just as sleep began to set in, the sound of her bedroom door opening roused her. With heavy eyes, she looked at her door and saw her sister stepping in, a nervous look decorating her face.

"Sis? Can I sleep with you tonight?" she asked, tone cautious.

"Sure," Rarity said, smile forced for Sweetie's sake as she dragged herself to her feet and lifted the blanket.

Eyes pointed at the ground, Sweetie nodded her thanks as she scurried towards the bed. Once she was curled up on the mattress, Rarity joined her, now enveloped in the warmth of both her little sister and her thick comforter.

Perhaps I can be cold tomorrow night, she thought, the alcohol finally striping away the last of her strength as sleep began to claim her.

But just as she was about to fall into the land of dreams, Sweetie said something that made the void in her heart shrink just a bit.

"Sis, I love you."

"I love you too Sweetie."

And it was with that, that sleep finally took her, as she held Sweetie close. Close enough for Sweetie to smell the wine on her breath.

And I'm so, so sorry! she thought, tears running down her face as regret filled her heart. She cried herself to sleep that night. Wrapped in her sister's arms and love, she cried until she had no more tears left to shed as she tried to enjoy it while she could. Because she knew that after Thursday night, it was going to be gone forever.



***



How could I have been so stupid?

It's all her fault!

She had nothing to gain from all this.

She's a trator!

I'm the scum of of the earth.

She's nothing but a lying monster!
I was supposed to have her back.

She stabbed us in the back!

It's all going to be over in a few days.

"Heads up!" Scootaloo cried, kicking the soccer ball with all her might.

Rainbow snapped out of her daydream just in time to see the ball whiz past her into the goal she was supposed to be guarding.

"Damn it," she muttered as she ran to retrieve the ball.

Concerned, Scootaloo ran to her idol's side as he picked up the ball, snow crunching under her violet boots all the way.

"Are you okay Rainbow?" Scootaloo asked.

Rainbow sighed, then took in her surroundings, a far off look to her eyes. In the winter months, the school's soccer field was a ghost town. Only the most dedicated on the sports teams came out to practice in the frigid weather. Since that usually meant just Rainbow herself, she spent the time to get her thoughts in order or blow off some steam when she could. Lately, she found herself doing the former before doing the latter. It was in the middle of her introspection that Scootaloo found her. As a means of saving face with her pseudo-sister, she asked her if she wanted to help her with goalie practice. It was fun for both girls, but it quickly became clear to Scootaloo that Rainbow wasn't putting her all into it.

"Scoots," she sighed. "Think we could talk for a bit?"

"Sure," Scootaloo said cautiously.

"Thanks."

For a moment, the two stood there, neither willing to break the silence in favor of the serenity and privacy given to them by the late afternoon chill. The silence was both soothing and tortious to the two girls as one searched for the right words to voice her thoughts while one waited for the other to speak. Finally, after an hour, Rainbow found her voice.

"I don't know what to do with myself Scoots," she said, eyes unfocused as she stared at the ground. "Part of me thinks Sunset's innocent. I've had a feeling that she was since Lighting decked me. But at the same time, a part of me doesn't. It's like in some weird way, I want her to be Anon-a-Miss. It's like I'm stuck in some stupid tug-o-war with myself and I can't stand it! I wish I could just go back to when things made sense! When I didn't have to knock my head against a wall to know who my friends were!"

As she said that, frustrated tears started to trail down her face, her jaw clenched with barely contained fury. At Sunset? At herself? She didn't know. All she knew was that she was angry and she had nothing to take it out on. The only thing she could do was dump her baggage on the sporty sixth grader at her side, something that gave her just as much regret as relief. That was quickly replaced by confused appreciation as she felt a pair of small arms wrap themselves around her waist.

"I-I'm so sorry Rainbow," Scootaloo sniffled, her own tears dampening her mentor's winter coat.

"F-For what? You're not the one who royally screwed up here," she smiled sadly as she returned the hug.

"J-Just because," she cried, ignoring the unintended stab she felt in her heart from Rainbow's comment.

For a moment, the two held each other, their own pain and anger melting out of themselves in the form of tears. It was something the two needed, but while Rainbow felt like a part of herself was being cleansed, Scootaloo felt more and more dirty. She was the reason Rainbow was so scattered. She was the reason things were so complicated. She was the reason that she was going to loose the closest thing to a big sister in two days.

I'm sorry Rainbow. I'm sorry I couldn't be a good little sister!



***



A gentle breeze passed through the snow smothered trees of Sweet Apple Acres the early morning sunlight giving the orchard a picturesque view one would find in a postcard. At its heart, in the oldest part of the orchard stood the most bizarre scene anyone could ever hope to see. It was a clearing with two trees that were intertwined with each other at its center. The two trees had grown together in such a way that it looked like their trunks had twisted together as a desperate attempt to form one whole trunk between them. One half of the union tree had under ripened apples while the other had pears, both defying the laws of nature in the name of the love they represented. Applejack and Applebloom stood before the tree, memories of their long departed family drifting through their minds and hearts. While most of Applebloom's memories of her mother and father were hazy, Applejack's were sharp enough to fill in the blanks for her. At least, they were hazy anywhere else. When she was near the Memorial Tree, her memories became clear, as if they happened yesterday. It was something that filled the Apples with joy and sorrow every time they came to visit. This time was no different, as the two Apples looked at the tree and grave marker, though sadness weighed heavily on their hearts more than it usually did.

Applejack walked forward and placed her hand on the united tree.

"Hey Ma an' Pa. Been a while, huh?" she said, empty smile matched by the empty humor in her voice. "Ah really wish ya'll were still around. Ah' could really use some advice. Or maybe a couple whacks across the head."

She chuckled at her own self-deprecating joke before taking on a more serious expression.

"Thing's've been bad the last few weeks. All my friend's and I have been put through the wringer by some yahoo online and we may've lost an important friend in the crossfire. Ah, don't know if there are anyways Ah can fix things, but Ah'll be damned if Ah'm not gonna' try ta'. Ah'll find a way ta' make thing's right. Even if it takes me years of grovelin' and beggin', Ah will make things right."

With that, she let her hand fall from the tree's bark to her side, a flicker of her old self burning in her eyes as she walked away from the tree.

"Time ta' head back Bloom," she said, passing her sister.

"J-Just a minute," Applebloom said, staring at the tree. "Ah have a few things Ah want ta' say to them."

"Alright," she nodded. "Don't be too long now."

"Ah won't."

With a sigh, the older Apple made the long trek back to the family home. Once she was out of hearing range, the youngest Apple approached the tree.

"Hi Ma, Pa," she said, a lump forming in the back of her throat. "How are things for ya'? Probably pretty good, being in heaven and all."

She chuckled at that. Of course things were good for them. How could heaven be bad? Though, the way things were going, she couldn't really see herself joining them in the future. Her smile melted away as she continued.

"Ah......Ah really messed up. My friends and Ah aired out everyone's dirty laundry to the whole school and framed a girl named Sunset for it all. All so we could spend time with our sisters. Pretty stupid, huh? Well, now things are coming to bite us. We've been caught, and now someone's gonna' do to us what we've done to the school. Tomorrow, the whole school's gonna' know that we're Anon-a-Miss."

Applebloom's face fell to the ground, tears making dents in the snow beneath her boots.

"Ah'm....Ah'm scared. Ah don't know what's gonna' happen tomorrow and it scares me. But if it helps sis make things right, Ah'll take whatever punishment Ah'm given. Ah just hope that when this is all over, sis'll love me again someday."

With that, she turned and walked back to the farm. All the while, a gray man in a suit hidden in the shadows of the memorial tree let out a sigh as he snapped his fingers, the space he occupied suddenly becoming vacant as he disappeared in a silent flash of light.



***



The halls of Canterlot High were a buzz with students whispering amongst themselves. Some were enthusiastically muttering about having things going back to normal. Others were nervous, their involvement in the incident most likely about to be revealed. Regardless of the standing, today was the day; the day of the assembly that would reveal Anon-a-Miss' identity and put an end to all this.

Lyra let out a loud yawn as she leaned against the side of the school, headless of the chilly weather. All the endless chatter in the halls had become too much for her. It wasn't anything that really held her interest anyway, being one of the people "behind the scenes" so to speak. Luckily, she had a ton of games on her phone to keep her company, but those could only distract her for so long. Her battery wasn't immortal after all.

"Great, I forgot my portable charger at home," she grumbled, patting down her pockets. "Guess I'll stick to chatrooms today."

Before she could tap in a site, the sound of someone clearing their throat caught her attention. When she looked up from her phone, she saw one of the last people she wanted to see.

"H-Hey, Lyra right?" Applebloom asked, whole body tense.

"Yeah, and you are?" she asked, trying to keep her venom out of her voice.

"Ya'll know who Ah am," she said. "And Ah know who you are."

"Duh, you just said my name, like, ten seconds ago," Lyra said, brow raised.

"Yah know what Ah mean, Meme Queen."

Lyra flinched, then let a faint smile decorate her face.

Derpy, you scare me sometimes.

"Not bad," the light green teen sighed. "A bit late, but I guess I can give you credit for figuring it out. So if we're using User Names, should I be calling you Anon-a-Miss?"

Applebloom looked away, shame heavy in her features. The two stood in awkward silence for a few minutes, neither sure how to proceed. Lyra looked down on the sixth grader before her, feelings swirling in her body like venom from a snake. Part of her wanted to smack the girl while the other felt legitimately bad for her. When Derpy found her mark, she didn't hold anything back. When someone tried to hurt her little sister, she brought enough evidence on the guy to the cops that it would be years before he saw the light of day. With the kind of crimes Derpy had on these three, there was no telling how bad things were going to get for them. At the same time though, they made their bed and now it was time for them to lay in it.

"Ah want yah ta' leave my friends out of this," Applebloom muttered, eyes still trained on the ground. "Ah was the one who made the account. Ah was the one who started this whole mess. They were just dragged along for the ride."

She stared up at Lyra, tears starting to fall from her face.

"Ah'm the one ya' want. Just leave them out of this!"

Lyra stared at the crying girl, all the while, a strange image entered her mind. Deep, mirky swamps merged with bright vibrant plains with strange, demonic creatures roaming the wastes alongside majestic spirits of light. Cruel selfishness mixed with a selfless sense of sacrifice. That was what she saw in the little girl. It almost brought a smile to her, but the endless plains that guided her knew that justice had to be served.

"I'm sorry," Lyra sighed. "But you guy's brought this on yourselves."

As she said that, she walked past Applebloom, a heavy weight in her heart as she let the girl's words settle. Now she knew what it was like to see someone before they went to the gallows. She hoped it would never happen again.



***



All of the kids in the auditorium sat in dead silence, none of them sure how to act in this moment. Fear and relief warred with each other in the atmosphere as they stared at the podium at the room's heart. On it stood a mic stand with two large speakers at its sides five feet apart. Near it stood four people, three of which the students were familiar with while the tall man in a suit was a mystery. Twilight beheld the crowd with cold indifference, a part of her upset with the fact that her magic was weakened while a greater part of her was relieved. A trace of anger entered her features when she spotted her friend's human counterparts. They all looked like they had seen better days, but that did little to reduce her anger with them. The only exception was Fluttershy, who she was happy to see had regained her healthy glow in spite of her paler hair and skin tone.

Things are going to be a lot worse for them soon, she thought as she turned her gaze over towards the collection of Elementary schoolers seated on the left side of the room.

A hand on her shoulder tore her attention away from the students. She looked up and was met by a stone faced Discord, his eyes telling her to fight her regrettable urges. She sighed, then nodded in understanding. There would be time for that later. What mattered was putting an end to this. Once and for all.

A stirring in the curtains at the back of the stage was all the signal Principal Celestia needed and made her way over to the microphone.

"Hello everyone and thank you for attending this assembly today. As you all know, a blogger going by the name of Anon-a-Miss has been spreading rumors and privet information through Mystable. For some time now, the identity of this individual was thought to be Sunset Shimmer, but I am here today to tell you all that this is not the case. Through the efforts of another individual going by the name Meme Queen and the special skills of Sunset's family, there is evidence that not only proves Sunset's innocence, but reveals the identities of all individuals involved in the incident. For starters, you will be shocked to know that not all of the secrets Anon-a-Miss revealed were ones she found on her own. Most of them were provided by some of the very same students in this room. For their safety, I will not make their names public, but don't be surprised if some of the people around you aren't present after Winter Break."

Some of the students looked disgusted at the very idea that the person next to them could've contributed to this, while others made a conscious effort to not make a break for it.

"Now," she continued. "Before I reveal Anon-a-Miss' identity, someone has a few things they would like to say to you all."

With that, she stepped aside to pass the mounted mic to the next person to speak. From behind the curtain, Sunset entered the stage, her face a mask of stone to all who beheld her. None of the student's said a thing as she took up the mic, her piercing teal eyes cutting through them like a razor through thread.

"Hi everyone," she said, tone heavy with fatigue. "I'm sorry that this all had to happen. If I had it my way, this whole thing never would've happened. I don't want to see everyone at each other's throats. I hated seeing it during the Battle of the Bands and I hate seeing it now. In fact, I thought I would never see that again when The Dazzlings were defeated. But no. Instead, I had to sit by and watch as everything I fought so hard for fell apart all because someone didn't like me and everyone wanted to hold a grudge. And do you know what the sad part is? That was all it took to break me."

She paused, leaving a heavy silence to fill the room before she continued. Then, she took a deep breath and let the hammer fall.

"Two weeks ago, I went to the bridge over Canter Creek and tried to jump to my death."

A gasp filled the auditorium as her audience processed what they were told. A certain pink teen lost all her color as the weight of her and her friend's actions sunk in while said friends simply sat there with their mouths open. None of them wanted to believe what Sunset said, but they could see it in her eyes; every word out of the girl's mouth was the gospel truth.

"Obviously, I failed, but that was because someone out there gave enough of a shit about me to look past my crimes and be a decent human being. Dumb luck and kindness, that's why I'm here right now, talking to all of you. So you see, if I had it my way, none of this would be happening. Because Anon-a-Miss wouldn't've been an issue or I'd be at the bottom of a lake. So to all of you who helped Anon-a-MIss I have one thing to say, I hope you all get exactly what you deserve."

With a cold glare, Sunset stepped away from the mic and took her place at Twilight's left. Once again, Principal Celestia stepped up to the mic.

"Now for the core of today's assembly," she sighed, pointing a remote at the ceiling.

On cue, a large projector screen came down, stopping a foot above everyone on the stage. With a press of a button, the lights dimmed to allow the projector above the bleachers to function.

"Will Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo from Elementary Class Five report to the stage?"

The whole room, Elementary and High Schooler included, watched in shock as the three girls rose from their seats. As they made their way to the stage, their heads hung with shame, like three criminals on their way to the noose. Many didn't want to believe it. That these three kids were the source of all their grief, but the guilt that seemed to ooze off of them was so thick, they would all have to be blind not to see it. When they finally stood before the Principle they raised their heads to her level. The disappointment they saw in those eyes made them all tremble in shame and fear, but it was Vice-Principle Luna, who had been silently moving to her sister's side that spoke.

"These three are the ones who used the Anon-a-Miss account to tear the school apart. With the help of several students, these three turned you all against each other and forced a girl to attempt suicide. But if you all still have your doubts, a brilliant individual named Meme Queen has presented us with plenty of evidence to backup these claims."

As she said this, she nodded to Celestia, who pressed another button on her control. Instantly, countless videos and photos appeared on the screen showing them taking pictures or spying on other students that, according to the timestamps, were used in posts just minutes later. The most damning evidence came in the form of videos showing the three girls sneaking into the school just seconds before a large number of posts. Looks of pure rage started to blossom among the students as they shifted their attention away from the screen to the three girls.

Before any of them could act on their emotions, Discord took a step forward and said, "I would advise you all stay in your seats. Otherwise you'll all get to see what Equestrian Magic can do when the caster doesn't have much of a conscience."

None of the students dared to call his bluff, not sure if he really was bluffing to begin with.

"Thank you," Luna said as Discord stepped back into his previous position.

She looked at the trembling girls and continued.

"Deformation of Character. Cyber Bullying. Inciting a Hate Mob. Mass Hysteria. And finally, Attempted Murder. These are just a few charges that could be leveled against you three for your actions, most of which are felonies. If this is brought to a court, the three of you will lose everything."

The three girls stared at the woman, shock keeping their eyes and mouth wide with silent panic.

"Fortunately for you three, someone else has different plans for you."

The curtains blew apart as another being made herself known. Princess Celestia walked to the front of the stage, her majestic ball-gown and lion hide coat filling the dim room with a near blinding light like a second sun as she moved. Her poise was flawless, her face a mask of pure serenity as she took in all of the people in the room. In spite of her calm demeanor, all of the High Schoolers broke into a cold sweat. They could sense it, the intense rage hidden behind the woman's kind facade. It was for that reason that they felt sorry for the three girls standing at what they deemed ground zero.

Celestia stared down at the three girls, the room seeming to grow two degrees hotter as her amethyst eyes drilled through them.

"You three have no idea just what kind of trouble you are in," she said, tone icy. "Not only did you push my daughter into ending her own life, but you destroyed countless friendships and ruined the lives of others in this world forever. I would ask you what drove you three to do such things, but frankly, such a question would be pointless. No reason could be worthy of such deplorable actions. As such, you should consider yourselves lucky of two things. That you are children and that Sunset is not my sister's daughter. Her ideas on punishment tends to be on the archaic side of things."

A cold chill ran through Sweetie's spine at the thought of what such a person was capable of with such a mindset while her friends looked confused as well as nervous.

"However," she continued. "This was still an act of cruelty against an Equestrian High Noble, and as such, it is only fare that we should be the ones to deliver your punishment."

Princess Celestia's eyes narrowed as she stared a hole into the three girls, the intensity of such led to Sweetie wetting herself in fear.

"You three will be brought to Equestria to preform community service for my sister and I. You will do so as ponies to give you a taste of what my daughter had to live with on your side of the portal. My former student will also be teaching you math, science, and english during the week until your sentence is over while you will be given supervised visits with your families on weekends if you so wish. Should you refuse to come back here on those days, you will continue with your punishment as if it was any other day of the week. This is not negotiable. Do you have any questions?"

Hesitantly, Sweetie raised her hand.

"Yes?"

"H-H-How long are we going to be in Equestria?"

Princess Celestia's glare hardened, then, with a tone heavy with finality said, "Until you're punishment is complete."

All three girls cowered before the towering being before them, her presence more than a mere judge. This was a force of nature in human form. This was an angry mother with command over the sun, and they were the ones responsible for almost killing her child.

"You have one hour to collect what you will need. Once that is up, you will be transported to the portal and I will personally bring you to my homeland. That is all."

With that, she turned towards Discord and nodded. With a snap of his fingers, the three girls disappeared on a flash of light. Slightly shaken by her counterpart's presence, Principle Celestia approached the abandoned microphone.

"That concludes this assembly. You are all dismissed."



***



As the shellshocked student's filed out of the auditorium, Sunset wandered to the back of the stage. A waterfall of emotions ran through her, leaving her mostly catatonic as she was embraced by the gloom behind the curtain. Joy, sorrow, anger, confusion, and countless other emotions swirled through her in a wild tide. It would've made her faint if it wasn't for the voice of a certain walleyed teen that waited for her.

"Sunset!" Derpy exclaimed, running to her side as she started to fall over.

"Are you okay?" she asked as she pulled the girl's arm over her shoulder to keep her stable.

"Y-Yeah," Sunset sighed, an exhausted smile gracing her lips. "Thanks."

"Anytime," Derpy smiled.

For a moment, the two stood in silence, enjoying the quite in the soundproofed backstage area. A silence that was broken by Sunset as she leaned into Derpy's side.

"It's finally over."

"Yep."

"And it's all thanks to you," Sunset smiled.

"Nah," Derpy shrugged. "It was a team effort."

"All the same. Thanks Derpy. For everything."

With that, she used the last of her strength to give Derpy a light peck on the cheek before exhaustion took her. And just like that, she fell asleep in Derpy's arms. In the arms of one of her seven saviors.