• Published 31st Jul 2017
  • 2,604 Views, 73 Comments

I'm the Princess of Equestria!? - OtakuBrony47



What would you do if you woke one morning, and discovered you were an anthropomorphic pony princess from a magical kingdom? One young teen is about to find out. Weather he's ready or not.

  • ...
10
 73
 2,604

Chapter: Four. Sisterly Bonding.

The ceremony was over, and I was at last free. Free to get to know my surroundings, and make myself acquainted with the inhabitants of this place. And doing so without exposing my true identity. This time I really need to be elusive. If I come across as too forward, I may arouse suspicion. I should first start by consulting Reginald, my castle's...Chief Advisor? Head of House? Court Butler? Whatever the name of his position is, I can't remember.

"So, Reginald, anything on the royal schedule today?" I asked.

"None that I no ma'am" he replied. "But I shall let you know if anything comes up."

"Excellent, in the mean time I think I'll indulge myself with some activity" I declared. "Care to give some...recommendations?" (Wow that was subtle).

"Umm, sure thing milady" says Reginald. "There's the Castle's Library, and I know how much you like walking down and admiring the Backyard Gardens, and there's of course your Observatory, although that's more of a nighttime thing."

Wow, I have a Library and an Observatory in my castle? How minted am I? Reginald also went on to tell me about a few places in Canterlot, the name of the my Kingdom. High end retail shopping, fine dining restaurants; it was enough to peak my interest. "I think I'll go partake in some shopping, Reginald" I said in response. "Care to accompany me?" I asked. Reginald shook his head.

"My apologies milady," he said, "but I have duties to attend to. Perhaps your one of your other servants could attend your shopping?" He hummed aloud for a moment, pondering. "Or perhaps your sister, Princess Lua would like to accompany?" he inquired. "After all, I'm sure you two could afford to have some sisterly bonding. After all you two haven't really been much involved with one another since...well, the incident."

I paused when he said that. What did he meant by The Incident . I obviously can't ask, it may arouse suspicion. I decide to play along as if I know. Maybe he might drop some exposition about it. "Oh, umm, yes. Of course. I guess I do owe it to her, don't I?" I inquired. "It was so tragic after all."

Reginald nodded. "Indeed. Almost 1000 years, banished to the moon" he said. Huh? Banished to the moon? A thousand years!? While the being banished to the moon was peculiar what really caught my attention was hearing the a thousand years. My little sister's over a thousand years old? And if that's the case, HOW OLD AM I?!! The very thought made me horrified, I nearly shouted:

"A THOUSAND YE--" I exclaim when I quickly placed my hand over my mouth to avoid finishing my sentence. "I mean yes!" I said nervously. "A thousand years, banished to the moon (for what, I don't know). I guess I could use some sisterly bonding." I smile at Reginald, who apparently seemed concerned about me as I did.

Reginald stared onward with a raised eyebrow, as I slowly became nervous. "Um, okay" he said. He walked off, and the butterflies in my stomach disappear as I breathe a sigh of relief. As I see him head up stairs, I turn around to see who else but my sister herself, Princess Luna, standing behind me. I jumped back in suspense. How long was she standing there, I wondered? "Sister, you startled me" I said. Luna smiled.

"I heard what you said sister" she began.

"You did?" I responded.

"Yes."

"...Well?" I asked.

"I'd be honored to accompany you sister."

She smiles warmly at me, and I smile back at her in response. I'm not too bothered about having her with me. Hopefully this "sister bonding" will tell me a little bit about the relationship I'm suppose to have with her, and tell me the kind of person...uh, horsewoman that Luna is. I can inquire more about this Banished to the Moon Reginald spoke about. And to be quite honest, if there's a situation where I run into someone I'm suppose to know, I'll have her to inadvertently feed me exposition about them.

"Come," she said, "I'll have the staff prepare us a carriage."

"Carriage?"


After a few minutes, Luna walked me outside of the castle where the carriage was waiting for us. As I walked down the castle's steps and walked towards the carriage, I couldn't believe my eyes. Not because the carriage looked awesome, and it did, all white with gold trims on it, but because it was a horse-drawn carriage. A horse-drawn carriage!? In a world where horses are anthropomorphic creatures, there are still horses that are used for horse work? This was creepy as hell, 2 horseman were hooked up to the carriage with harnesses and all, and there was even a coachman. What!?

Holy S*it, this was messed up. So if horses are like humans in this world, but some are still tasked with things like pulling a carriage, does that mean their...Slaves? Oh god, am...Am I a Harem Princess!? Oh my god, this just became really dark! Are any of the castle's staff slaves, or are they all willing employees? Is it only dark colored horses who are slaves? It this just how this world's economy and labor force work?! What is happening! What's going ON!? WHAT IS THIS F**KED UP PLACE!!??

"What's wrong sister. You bare the look of one who is terrified."

I turn to Luna, smile. "It's nothing sister." I try to calm down. I can't ask about this without drawing suspicion. We enter the carriage together, and the coachman takes off. I try to ignore the horsemen that are pulling us; take my mind off the whole idea of slavery by looking out at the scenery. The carriage was roofless, so needless to say, I had a great view of the town. As we went down the road, I was a bit impressed by the architecture. Everything seemed to be in built in a Victorian like structure, with roofs that looked like the Taj Mahal. And almost everything was made of stone, marble, and gold.

I turn to Luna. Maybe some small talk can help find out about this place. "The city sure looks beautiful today. Doesn't it, sister?" Luna smiles and nods. "I guess so" she replies. I stared smiling at her for a bit. She eventually went from a smile to a frown. "You still think about it, don't you?" I slowly frown, and my eyes widen. What do I say? Is this about that event Reginald told me about.

"Umm, not really?" I say nervously.

Luna frowns. "Don't lie to make feel better sister" she says. "It was along time ago, and I really have changed since then. Although..." Oh no, she's sharing her feelings with me. And I'm suppose to feel a similar way! What do I do!? She continues, "...The more I think about it, the more I can't help but still feel that I was still responsible for it all." I stare at her with a blank face. I replied with a confused, "Umm". She looks out to the city. "Do the whispers of Nightmare Moon still haunt you?" she asks. "Because they still haunt me."

I stared with a scared face. Nightmare Moon? What was she talking about? Does this have something to do with the banishment? "Everyday, I can hear her whispering in my ears, clawing at my back; demanding to be set free. But I refuse her. I try to stay strong, for you." Luna tightened her wings and buried her face in her hands. "When I reunited with you, you said we were meant to rule together. You took me back in opens arms. You didn't even punish me further for my actions. Imprisoning you. Surrounding Equestria in Darkness. Trying to destroy the Elements of Harmony. Trying to kill your student."

At this point, I was horrified. Imprisoning me? Darkness? Elements of Harmony? Trying to kill my student? What student!? I have a student!? Surrounding Equestria in Darkness!? Is my sister some kind of devil worshiper!? Is Nightmare Moon like some kind of Deadric Prince? Am I secretly a character in a new Elder Scrolls game!? Is that it!? Am I a new playable race!? And wait, she imprison me!?

"That day, when she reunited me with you, it was the happiest day of my life" Luna said. "I had my sister back. All in the kingdom forgave me. I was welcomed back with open arms. But then, we drifted apart again. You had your princess duties to attend to. I had a lot about the new Equestria I had to learn." She turned up to look at me. "And while, we still had each other from time to time, you and I have never really spent time as sisters together. Not once since then." Luna began to cry. "Do you ever wonder what if?" she asks.

I am so scared I don't know what to say. Holy crap, this was more than I wanted to know about her. What do I say in response? "Umm..." I nervously stutter. "I...Well, I mean...I think that m-maybe...You...Err..." Luna turns away. "Its okay," she says, "you don't have to say anything." I place my hand on her back to try and cheer her up.

"Hey, don't worry about" I said. "What matters, you and I are a family again."

I wiped away the tears in her eyes. She smiled at me. "Thank you for brining me along sister" she said. "I'm glad we have this time together." I nodded in response. "This is going to be fun, shopping with my big sister!" she exclaimed, giving me a hug. I squealed in surprise (there goes another 3 Manliness points).

"Yes, yes it will" I replied.

As I spoke, Luna made a sniffing sound, and slowly leaned away from me. "Sister, did you skip bathing this morning?" she asks. I nervously hummed, but before I could answer, she leaned in closer to me and gave me a sly smile. "Don't worry. I did as well." She giggled, and placed her finger over her lips, making a playful shushing sound. I roll my eyes and smiled at her.

"We're here my princesses!" announces the coachman. "I'll just find us a parking space."

"Understood" said Luna.

Parking Space? These creatures Park their carriages? Oh boy, I hope those two horsemen are coming down with us, because its going to suck for them being hooked up there in the heat, just waiting for us. We eventually park and the coachman opens the door and helps us down. Then, he unhooked the 2 horsemen. Thank god. "You two know what to do" said the coachman to the 2 horseman. "I'll wait for you here."

The 2 horsemen nodded and approached both me and Luna. "After you, my princesses" they said, leading the way to the entrance of the shopping center. Guess these carriage pullers also doubled as our bodyguards. Makes sense. I was wondering why the castle would allow me and my sister to leave without supervision. As we walked over towards the entrance, I turned to Luna.

"This is just what I needed" I told her. "I nice relaxing day of shopping with my dear sister."

"I would count on that, sister" replied Luna.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

We entered through the doors and into the shopping center where out of no where I hear a woman calling out. "LOOK! ITS PRINCESS CELESTIA AND PRINCESS LUINA!" Out of no where a small crowd of people rushed just. They were cheering and awing, asking me and my sister for a signatures and a photographs as the 2 horsemen tried to control the crowd.

I turn to Luna, who had a smile on her face. She turns to me and raises her eyebrows at me, as if to say "See what I meant?" I turn back to the crowd and sighed.

"Well, so much for a Relaxing Day of Shopping."

Author's Note:

In short: Liam decides shopping around town will allow him to familiarize himself with the city that is his/her kingdom. Reginald can't accompany him/her, so he suggests taking his/her little sister, Princess Luna. Liam decides this would be a great time to learn about his relationship with her, but he ends up getting a little more than what he bargained for.

Anyway, I hope you guys liked this chapter. Leave a comment and let me know what you thought, and hit the like button if you liked it.