• Published 12th Jul 2012
  • 2,690 Views, 94 Comments

A Lesson In Love - Gmoney24



A love story of Twilight and Fluttershy Told from both perspectives.

  • ...
13
 94
 2,690

Chapter 9

*Author’s Notes*: I hope you all enjoyed that last scene as much as I did! Much like the previous chapter I have used a few references here so I will point out that no I don’t own any of the songs and yes artists do get ponified as well! Enjoy keep the reviews coming! Oh and yes My Australian accent kind of sounds like a surfer dude! Lol! And one more think DJ PON3’s real name is Vinyl Scratch in case you wondered. And Expresso in this particular case is not a misspelling of espresso.

Chapter 9:

Twilight had quite enjoyed dinner. After the serenade she and Fluttershy had managed to have some pleasant conversation over desert. Twilight was usually quite reserved but Fluttershy was so kind and not in the least bit judging that Twilight could talk for hour with her. Also Twilight noticed that Fluttershy was becoming increasingly bold around her and she liked brave Fluttershy even better. So as she held her lover close she turned to her and said.
“Dinner was great! And Desert was even better!” she said “But you know the best part of it Fluttershy?”

“No.” Fluttershy replied with an innocent smile.

“I was with you and I love you!” Twilight replied pulling her into a deep kiss. Fluttershy returned the kiss with a smile and a deep blush. Twilight was content walking hoof in hoof with her love. The night was cooling off and a gentle breeze ruffled the two lovers’ manes. As Twilight made small talk with Fluttershy an idea popped into her head. There was a small coffee and tea shop on this street they were walking up.

“Fluttershy Dear are you in the mood for some coffee or tea?” she asked.

“It is getting a bit chilly and nothing ends a good meal like a warm tea.” Fluttershy replied.

“Excellent I know a great place right up this street.” Twilight said with a smile. She led Fluttershy to a place that was dimly lit and cozy. A few ponies were lounging and couches with drinks in their hooves, a small stage in the back of the place had a microphone and a karaoke machine being manned by a blue maned pony with sunglasses and a set of single musical notes on her flank. She spoke into the mic.

“For those of you just joining us Welcome to the Coffee Bean Brewery and Café’s open mic and karaoke night. I am DJ Smooth Vinyl and I will be hosting all night. Come on don’t be shy give the mic a try.” A disoriented but well-meaning grey Pegasus approached the stage and spoke to the DJ.

“What do you think of this place dear?” twilight asked Fluttershy who was looking around an expression between joy and nervousness painted on her face.

“Well I have never been here before but it seems nice.” She whispered still taking everything in.

They approached a counter where a Blue-grey Unicorn smiled brightly as they approached the counter.

“ ’Ello Mate!” Then taking a double take said. “Blimey Twilight is that you?” The unicorn asked a look of bewilderment on his face.

Twilight look hard at the blue-grey unicorn whose mane was coffee bean brown a coffee cup with steam on his flank. Then said in pleasant disbelief.
“Expresso Chip?”

“Yeah Twilight Bloody Hell! I haven’t seen you since you went to study with Princess Celestia.” Expresso said smiling.

“What brings you to Ponyville?” Twilight asked her old friend.

“Well not long after you went away my family moved here and opened up this here coffee and tea shop and brewery.” He replied.

“Well allow me to introduce you to my very special friend Fluttershy.” Twilight said smiling as Fluttershy nervously steeped forward.

“Blimey! Aren’t you just a lovely breath of sunshine?” He said making Fluttershy twitch nervously.

“H-H-Hello.” She managed to whisper.

“Well mates you came on a perfect night! It’s open Mic night! Now what can I get you two ladies?” Expresso Chip asked exuberantly.

“Ummmm well what do you suggest?” Twilight asked looking at the Menu.

“Well for Coffee my Mocha Latte Expresso is superb! And For Tea my Passion fruit Mango blend is knarly!” He said his Australian accent punctuating the words.

“Well I like tea.” Fluttershy whispered.

“And I remember that your expresso was legendary in Canterlot.” Twilight said smiling.

“Then it’s settled I’ll give you each one of my radical faves!” he said excited “Oh and this one’s on the house!” he added smiling.

“Thank you.” Twilight said “Any suggestions on where to sit?” she asked?

“Best seat of the house is right there mates!” Expresso answered pointing to an alcove where a table and two comfortable chairs sat close to the sage but not too close.

“Thank you again” Fluttershy said as the couple sat down.

“And that was our very own Derpy Hooves with her poem Ice in Winter” announced Smooth Vinyl. A crescendo of claps and snaps pierced the shop. Expresso brought the two drinks and left with a smile as Vinyl Smooth explained the next performance.

“Now I know you all can sing too, so I’ll start us off with a nice song for tonight. I’ll be singing a newer song that my cousin Vinyl Scratch introduced me too she said smiling in her shades. It’s called Lights by Ellie Goodbit I hope you enjoy it.”

I had a way then losing it all on my own
I had a heart then but the queen has been overthrown
And I'm not sleeping now the dark is too hard to beat
And I'm not keeping now the strength I need to push me
You show the lights that stop me turn to stone
You shine It when I'm alone
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
And dreaming when they're gone
'Cause they're calling, calling, calling me home
Calling, calling, calling home
You show the lights that stop me turn to stone
You shine It when I'm alone
Home
Noises, I play within my head
Touch my own skin and hope that I'm still breathing
And I think back to when my brother and my sister slept
In an unlocked place the only time I feel safe
You show the lights that stop me turn to stone
You shine it when I'm alone
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
And dreaming when they're gone
'Cause they're calling, calling, calling me home
Calling, calling, calling home
You show the lights that stop me turn to stone
You shine it when I'm alone
Home
Yeah, hee
Light, lights, lights, lights
Light, lights, lights, lights
Light, lights, lights, lights
Light, lights
You show the lights that stop me turn to stone
You shine it when I'm alone
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
And dreaming when they're gone
'Cause they're calling, calling, calling me home
Calling, calling, calling home
You show the lights that stop me turn to stone
You shine it when I'm alone
Home, home
Light, lights, lights, lights
Light, lights, lights, lights

“Isn’t this perfect Twilight?” Flutter shy asked as the song ended.

“Not quite.” Twilight replied and went to speak with Smooth Vinyl.

“You’ll be up next.” Smooth said smiling.

“What was that about? Fluttershy asked curiously.

“Oh nothing! I’m making tonight perfect.” She replied kissing Fluttershy on the cheek. She eyed Twilight suspiciously. By now an older green Pegasus was butchering Don’t Go Breaking My Heart.

“Don’t go breaking my eardrums.” Twilight whispered to Fluttershy who couldn’t suppress a laugh. “I mean it is a duet and he’s singing both parts.” Twilight continued as he hit a particularly bad high note that could double as a scream for Nightmare Moon Night. “But I give him credit for singing his heart out.” She added smiling at Fluttershy.

The song winded down and a slight applause was heard. Smooth Vinyl gestured to Twilight who stepped forward towards the stage. Fluttershy looked on in disbelief.

“And now Foals and Gentle-colts I present to you a new voice with a very special performance. Smooth finished going to the machine. Twilight stepped up to the microphone and spoke into nervously her confidence increasing as she spoke.

“Hello every pony, my name is Twilight Sparkle and I am going to perform a song dedicated to my lovely date tonight. It’s called What Makes You Beautiful by One Hoof.”

You're insecure,
Don't know what for,
You're turning heads when you walk through the door,
Don't need make-up,
To cover up,
Being the way that you are is enough,
Everyone else in the room can see it,
Everyone else but you,
Baby you light up my world like nobody else,
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed,
But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell,
You don't know,
Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful,
If only you saw what I can see,
You'll understand why I want you so desperately,
Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe,
You don't know,
Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful,
Oh oh,
That's what makes you beautiful
So c-come on,
You got it wrong,
To prove I'm right,
I put it in a song,
I don't know why,
You're being shy,
And turn away when I look into your eye eye eyes,
Everyone else in the room can see it,
Everyone else but you,
Baby you light up my world like nobody else,
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed,
But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell,
You don't know,
Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful,
If only you saw what I can see,
You'll understand why I want you so desperately,
Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe,
You don't know,
Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful,
Oh oh,
That's what makes you beautiful
As she reached the Na- Na part Twilight got bold and weaved through the crowd that chanted with her.
Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na
Na Na Na Na Na Na
Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na
Na Na Na Na Na Na
She arrived at the table and smiled at Fluttershy grabbing her hoof. And singing this next part directly at Fluttershy she sang:
Baby you light up my world like nobody else,
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed,
But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell,
You don't know,
Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful,
Baby you light up my world like nobody else,
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed,
But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell,
You don't know,
Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful
If only you saw what I can see,
You'll understand why I want you so desperately (desperately),
Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe,
You don't know,
Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful,
Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful,
Oh oh,
That's what makes you beautiful

She ended the song with kiss to Fluttershy and returned to the stage where a thundering applause erupted from the shop.

“That was an incredible performance!” Smooth Vinyl announced. “Let’s get another round of applause for the lovely couple at table three”

Fluttershy pulled Twilight into a deep kiss to the crowd’s cheers.

“That was incredible!” Fluttershy whispered to Twilight.

“Just like you my love!” Twilight replied.

Not long after they left the coffee shop saying goodbye to Vinyl and Expresso who cheered them on. When they arrived at the halfway point home., Twilight thanked Fluttershy for an incredible evening with passionate kiss on the lips. Fluttershy Thanked Twilight back with Vigor. The two lovers said good night and headed home. Each one was excited about the success of their first official date!. Twilight felt complete as she headed home a permanent smile etched in her face.