• Published 12th Jul 2012
  • 2,690 Views, 94 Comments

A Lesson In Love - Gmoney24



A love story of Twilight and Fluttershy Told from both perspectives.

  • ...
13
 94
 2,690

Chapter 1

*Author’s Notes: This is my first story and any useful critiques and reviews are greatly appreciated!

A Lesson In Love

Chapter 1:

The sun was just starting to peek over the horizon, its warm glow painting the sky with shades of lavender, orange and midnight blue. A violet and pink maned Unicorn sat for hours at her table carefully reading and studying her notes. She scratched her quill furiously at the paper writing down, and occasionally scribbling out notes. Discarded notes filled the trash can to its brim, and stacks of books littered the table in neat and organized piles.

"Twilight!" yelled a purple and green baby dragon looking quite irate.

She looked up from her books with a slight annoyance and replied "Yes, Spike my number one assistant in the world."

"Look at this!" he yelled, tossing a shredded newspaper onto the table. "Owlicious shredded my newspaper from yesterday!" he continued angrily.

Twilight looked at what had once been a newspaper and realized that it was she who had put it on Owlicious's perch and said apologetically, "Actually Spike I put it on his perch last night! I thought you had finished reading it yesterday. I'm sorry."

Spike looking less irritated looked over at his friend's work. By now it was about 10A.M and his friend was still studying this issue. Looking at the table he asked, "Are you still researching that thing that I am not allowed to tell any pony about?"

"Why yes I am Spike." She replied "And I think I've finally figured it out!" she continued triumphantly.

"Have you even considered just telling her how you feel?" Spike asked knowing she would not like the question.

"No I've already told you Spike, this has to be done cautiously and the right way." Twilight explained gingerly, she wasn't entirely sure she was right.

"But Rainbow Dash and Applejack—"

His sentence was cut short by the crashing sound and the clattering of raining glass. A cyan colored Pegasus accompanied the noises, landing clumsily in the center of the room.

"Rainbow Dash!" Twilight scolded, "Why don't you just use the front door like every pony else?"

Rainbow Dash laughed and shook off some of the shards of glass from her rainbow colored mane. "Well actually Twilight, I wasn't trying to make a cool entrance today, although, you have to admit that it was pretty cool. Actually, I was practicing a trick for the Wonderbolts and I overshot my landing!" Rainbow explained her cheeks rosy from embarrassment.

Twilight let out a much needed laugh, "How's Applejack?" she asked as she went to kitchen to get a glass of water for Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow followed her, "She's fine working hard as always! I'm trying to figure out what to do for our anniversary next month." She answered.

"Wow a year already!" Twilight exclaimed. "You two sure do make a cute couple." she added with a smile.

"We sure do! Well I gotta fly!" Rainbow said downing the glass of water and zooming out the front door.

"That Rainbow Dash sure is something! Isn't she?" Spike asked laughing

"She sure is!" Twilight said looking at her notes.

"Well that's enough studying for now!" Twilight said using her magic to carefully sort and lock away her notes in the spare bedroom.

"I think I will make us some lunch from this new recipe in Chef Goodhoof Ramsey's magazine. She said pulling the recipe closer.

"What is it? Spike asked curiously.

"Daffodil Soup and Hay Fries!" she replied knowing it was one of his favorite dishes.
"Oh Boy!" Spike exclaimed setting the table.

As she went on preparing Lunch she couldn't help but think that perhaps her dragon friend was right. Maybe she should just tell Fluttershy how she really felt about her. Twilight's fear of rejection and acknowledgement of Fluttershy's shyness led her to answer herself. "Not till the right moment or you'll lose her even as a friend." She thought as she made lunch.