• Published 12th Jul 2012
  • 2,690 Views, 94 Comments

A Lesson In Love - Gmoney24



A love story of Twilight and Fluttershy Told from both perspectives.

  • ...
13
 94
 2,690

Chapter 11

*Author’s Notes*: Another exciting chapter just for you Fillies and Gentlecolts! Glad you came back to read it or if it’s your first read please sit back and enjoy. Here we will get to learn a little more about the good doctor or Vet which is a more accurate name for his profession. Oh and see if you spot the reference in this chapter! Please review and leave some feedback so I can improve the story.

Chapter 11:

Twilight sat at her table pondering What could this Fortune cookie be referring to? It read simply: You will have an unexpected visit today.

“You know Twi, not all Fortune Cookie fortunes apply to recipient of the cookie.” Spike pointed out. “I mean mine says ‘You will get hit by an object from above’. He said incredulously.

“I know Spike but this one feels true.” Twilight answered.

“Oh Sure! Any second now there’s going to be a knock on the door right? He asked sarcastically. A soft knock prevented Twilight from answering. She gave Spike an I-told-you- so- look and open the front door to find Fluttershy at her door.

“Oh Hi Fluttershy! I wasn’t expecting you today.” She said looking at Spike. “Come on in!” Spike disappeared for a moment.

“Thank you Twilight.” Fluttershy whispered greeting her with a deep kiss and a hug then shying back a little embarrassed by her forwardness. Twilight was pleasantly surprised by this act of boldness and smiled as she led her mare friend to the living room.

“So what brings you here my love?” Twilight asked smiling.

“Well this morning I had an unexpected emergency and I went to Dr. VonHoof’s office because I found an injured swan in my lawn.”

Spike came back with a tray of cookies and a sizeable welt on his forehead. Twilight stared at him with a look of concern and wondering what had happened.

Spike noticed her stare and said “Oh this lump?” He asked pointing to the welt. “It seems a tin of flour fell on me from above.” He continued as Twilight gave him another I-told-you- so- look.

“Sorry Fluttershy I didn’t mean to interrupt.” He added taking a seat nearby.

“It’s ok Spike.” Fluttershy replied and then continued to explain the morning’s strange events.

“Hmmm you said he had wings and a unicorn horn and was from Canterlot.” Twilight asked Fluttershy. Fluttershy nodded.

“And he had a midnight blue coat and a jet-black mane.” Fluttershy quietly noted.

“Hmmm and his cutie mark is what seems to be a Veterinary Caduceus and two cat paw prints on either side. Twilight inquired again. Fluttershy nodded in agreement. Twilight used her magic to remove a book off the shelf. She opened the dusty Volume and read aloud.

“Alicorns or Pegasus-Unicorns have very powerful magic and strong physical traits. However they are the rarest of all the breeds in Equesteria.” Twilight read.

“Did he give you a name by chance Fluttershy?” She asked thinking back to her days as a filly.

“Yes he said it was Dr. Gibran Castlehoof.” Fluttershy answered an inquiring look in her eyes.

“Hmm that name sounds familiar.” Twilight said trying to remember. A Flashback to her school in Canterlot jolted her memory. She recalled a blue Alicorn who was teased for being odd. He had wings and a horn and radiated a gentle aura. He also had a knack for helping out animals. Twilight recalled feeling bad for the colt.
Could this be the same pony?

“Aha!” Twilight exclaimed out loud causing both Spike and Fluttershy to jump.

“Oh sorry guys but I think I went to school with him. But I am not sure. I wish I could see him then I would know for sure.” Twilight continued.

“Well he is coming over to my cottage at four to deliver the swan that needs to recover.” Fluttershy mentioned casually.

“Would you mind if I went with you to your cottage and maybe I’ll see if he is whom I think he is? Twilight asked hopefully.

“I think that’s a great idea my love” Fluttershy replied grinning. “And besides I need to get the aviary ready for my new friend.” Fluttershy continued.

“Would you like my help?” Twilight offered.

“If you don’t mind sweetheart, I could use an extra pair of hooves.” Fluttershy said smiling.

And with that the two made their way back to Fluttershy’s cottage. By now it was about two in the afternoon. Twilight took a right hoofed turn and stepped into a pool of crimson liquid.

“Ugh what is this?” she exclaimed.

“Oh my!” Fluttershy said. “That is where the swan was this morning.”

“I guess we should clean this up first then.” Twilight suggested looking at the liquid all over her hooves in disgust.

“Perhaps we should.” Fluttershy said pulling out a hose and spraying Twilight. The two ended up having a splash fight but the area was cleaned. Then they went and dried off a little then went to tackle the next project: The Aviary. They began making some repairs to the netting and laughed and talked for a while. They didn’t even notice the time slipping away as they worked. Fluttershy was pulling a rope in the air when Twilight leaped on her surprising her. Both ponies fell to the ground gentle and rolled around in the dirt. Twilight pinned down Fluttershy and yelled.

“Pinned ya!” Fluttershy struggled and Twilight ended up on top again. “Pinned Ya again!” She joyfully shouted and began kissing Fluttershy. The two help each other for a minute.

“I hope I’m not interrupting anything Miss Fluttershy.” Said a calm voice. This caused Fluttershy and Twilight to quickly leap to their hooves and face the voice.

“I mean I can come back later.” He said snickering a little.

“Oh Dr. Castlehoof it’s so nice to see you again!” Fluttershy greeted him blushing a little from embarrassment.

“The Pleasure is mine.” The Vet replied smiling. “I brought your friend back, he is great shape!” he continued.

“Thank You so Much Dr. Castlehoof for helping him and bringing him here to recover.” Fluttershy said smiling.

“It’s no trouble at all, but who is your lovely lady friend?” He asked looking at Twilight with an odd look in his eyes.

“Oh silly me! Twilight this is Dr. Gibran Castlehoof the Veterinarian who helped the swan I found this morning.” Fluttershy said blushing.

Twilight looked at the doctor for a second then extended a hoof. “I believe we’ve met before though you probably don’t remember me Dr. Castlehoof. I’m Twilight Sparkle.”

The midnight blue Alicorn smiled widely. “By Celestia’s Sun. Twilight Sparkle? Shinning Armor’s little sister and one of the brightest unicorns in the school? How could I forget? It’s so nice to see you again.” he said shaking her hoof.

“You were pretty bright yourself after all not everyone can be a Veterinarian and judging by that swan’s condition I’d say you’re a pretty good one too.” Twilight replied.

“Ah always courteous. Not much has changed I see. You were one of the few who didn’t think I was a freak of nature.” He said smiling. Twilight looked into his Cerulean eyes and could have sworn she saw a brief flash of pain in the Alicorn’s eyes.

“Would you like to join us for some tea Dr. Castlehoof?” Fluttershy asked.

“I’m off for the rest of the day. Sure why not?” The Vet replied. The three ponies entered the cottage after Dr. Castlehoof and Fluttershy released the swan into the aviary. The veterinarian took a seat at the kitchen table where Twilight and Fluttershy sat waiting.

“So what brings you to Ponyille? Twilight inquired.

“Please call me Dr. G or Gibran as my friends call me. He said then replied. “Well my good friend Dr. Von Hoof needed a vacation and since I got laid off from the Canterlot Animal Hospital. I figured I could use a few extra bits. I do have a question for you both though because I heard a rumor when I was in Canterlot. He added looking at the two ponies.

“Sure what is it?” Twilight asked.

“I heard you two and four other ponies saved Princess Luna from her evil self. Is this true?” The Alicorn asked.

“Well yes it’s true we harnessed the elements of harmony and vanquished Nightmare Moon.” Twilight answered.

“Ah I’d expect nothing less from Princess Celestia’s most prized pupil and her friends.” He said smiling. Fluttershy poured out three cups of tea and asked.

“So are you going back to Canterlot when Dr. Von hoof returns?”

“More than likely yes. She actually should be back in a few days.” The vet replied looking down.

“Don’t you like Canterlot?” Twilight questioned.

“Well I do it’s just lately I have been—Oh never mind.” He abruptly ended.

“Upset, worried, depressed? Fluttershy offered.

“Discouraged really. I just wish I had a Job again. My dream is to one day start my own clinic but I don’t think that will ever happen. He said looking at the ground.

“Well you have an extraordinary gift with animals.” Fluttershy said.

“Yeah and it was obvious even in school.” Twilight added.

The doctor smiled. “You two are really something special. I can see why you two are together. You complement each other perfectly. I really appreciate your kind words of encouragement. They give me the strength to not give up on my dream.” He said with a gleam in his eye. Fluttershy and Twilight stared at him with a mixture of shock and gratitude on their faces.

“How’d you know that Fluttershy and I are together? Twilight asked.

“Uh oh! You’re not?” he asked his cheeks reddening.

“No we are but how did you know that if we never mentioned it to you?” Fluttershy questioned.

“Ok Whew!” The Doctor sighed. “Well You see I could feel the bond between you two. Being an Alicorn I can feel when two ponies or a pony and their pet have a strong bond of love between them.” He said smiling.

“Oh wow! I didn’t know Alicorn could do that. Twilight said relieved that he hadn’t been spying on their thoughts.

“Not all of us can. In fact only a small percentage of Alicorns can.” Dr. G said smiling.

“I bet that comes in handy when treating animals.” Fluttershy said smiling.

“It’s a gift and a curse. But yes it helps me soothe them while I cure them.” Dr. G replied. The clock struck six.

“Well ladies it’s time for me to get back to the clinic. It was nice to see you both again!” he stated to walk out.

“Wait I haven’t paid you for treating the swan!” Fluttershy softly yelled.

“He stopped and said. “It’s on me my friend.”

“Wow, that’s really generous of you!” Twilight said.

“It’s nothing really ladies.” The vet replied saying goodbye as he left.

Twilight looked over at Fluttershy. “Well my love he is the same pony from my school. But I didn’t know he was so powerful then again he was in the class above me.” Fluttershy nodded and added.

“You know I can feel his energy when he walks into the room it’s kind and calming.”

“Yes but that energy can become dangerous and deadly if angered. Twilight said. “Well my love, it’s time for me to go home too.” She said kissing Fluttershy goodbye and heading home.

She thought about her former schoolmate and his ability to detect bonds. Something told her that she and Fluttershy would be seeing him again and sooner than later. Still at least he was a good guy and he was right. Fluttershy and Twilight complimented each other quite well as a couple. She smiled at the last thought.

*Author’s Notes*: Hope you all enjoyed this and have figured out by now who the good doctor is! And I hope you all saw the Lion King reference! Till next time! Dr.G. is signing off! Next chapter coming soon I hope! :)