• Published 12th Jul 2012
  • 2,690 Views, 94 Comments

A Lesson In Love - Gmoney24



A love story of Twilight and Fluttershy Told from both perspectives.

  • ...
13
 94
 2,690

Chapter 16

*Author’s Notes*: After a long wait comes a new CHAPTER! Thanks to all those who are sticking with this story please continue to add your comments and critiques so I can improve. As for the story this is going to get really interesting really quickly. Oh and yes Celestia is a troll.

Chapter 16:

Fluttershy sat glued to the marble floor. Sweat poured out profusely from her neck and she had to exercise an unreasonable amount of restraint to prevent herself from running away. But, the fact that Twilight and Dr. G. were depending on her was the only thought that allowed her to help them explain to Princess Celestia the events of the last few days.
Her thoughts were racing though. What would the Princess think? Would they be able to help Dr. G? Where had Princess Luna rushed off to?

“And that’s how we arrived here today.” Twilight finished.

The heavy silence that hung in the air brought Fluttershy out of her thought with a nervous twitch. Princess Celestia looked at the three ponies before her with thoughtful consideration. Her face was unreadable making the silence heavier still.

“Dr. Castlehoof, please step forward.” The Princess of the sun said her voice firm but not angry. Dr. G. nervously stepped forward trembling as he did so. Celestia’s expression softened.

“I recently heard a rumor that the incredible Veterinarian who cured my dear Philomena some time ago was recently let go from the Canterlot Animal Hospital. Furthermore, I do recall that I was never able to personally thank him for his amazing work.” She said with a regal smile.

“Well Princess Celestia, I don’t do Veterinary work for the recognition, nor for the money. I do it because I like to help the animals.” Dr. G. said rather quickly.

Fluttershy smiled at these words she understood that sentiment all too well.

“I see Dr. Castlehoof. Well I have a simple solution to your problem, but first I need two more valued members of my Court to give their approval.” The Princess said with a devious smile.

She motioned for two guards and whispered in their ears. They saluted and left quickly. Just as Fluttershy was about to become a nervous wreck from the anticipation there was a crack of thunder followed by a flash of lightning which immediately startled all three ponies. When they finally regained their bearings Fluttershy’s jaw dropped in shock.

“You called for me ‘Tia?” asked Luna trying to look innocent. An amused smile formed on Celestia’s lips.

“Yes, my dear sister, I trust you have had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Castlehoof here?” Celestia asked almost playfully.

Princess Luna eyed Dr. G. very carefully then replied. “Yes, I do believe we have met before haven’t we Doctor?”
Dr. G was about 3 shades paler from the tension but nonetheless firmly answered. “Yes I do believe we have.”

Flushed with anxiety Fluttershy looked over at twilight who was catatonically transfixed to the scene playing out before them.
Then she looked back to the scene before her.

“Well Sister, you know I value your opinion greatly. Do you think that Dr. Castlehoof would make a good Royal Veterinarian?
Celestia asked.

“Well ‘Tia he has an incredible skill and clearly a pure heart and most certainly dedication.” Luna said as she circled the now ghostly pale doctor and stopped to look him dead in the eye. Dr. G. held his breath and Princess Luna held her intense look for a while longer then turned to her sister.

“Yes!” she said simply and took a seat on the beautifully carved silver throne to Celestia’s right.

Just as Fluttershy was about to relax fearing that the worst was over the doors flew open and a blur of fiery red and orange raced in. it flew around the room at breakneck speed and then dove right at Dr.G. who stayed still. The fiery creature circled tightly enveloping the good doctor then sped away and landed on Celestia’s shoulder with a majestic dignity. When the fiery ball that had seemingly enveloped the good doctor vanished he was still there a single red- orange feather in his hoof.

“Curious, Very Curious indeed.” Princess Celestia said looking over at Princess Luna.

“It seems Philomena agrees with Luna’s sentiments in that you would make an amazing Royal Veterinarian.” She said her smile radiant.

It was hard to tell who was in more shock of the spectacle before them. Twilight, Fluttershy, and Dr. G. all had looks of complete and utter shock and amazement on their faces.

“Congratulations Dr. Castlehoof!” Celestia said smiling still.

“Wow! I am honored; I’d love to be the Royal Vet!” Dr. G. said excitedly.

“Well then now that settles that! Twilight Take a message, we need to invite rest of your friends and especially Pinkie Pie to plan this party for Tonight.” Princess Celestia said excitedly.

“Is this a prank Princess or are you seriously planning a party to celebrate Dr. G’s new position in your court for Tonight?
Twilight asked in a mild shock.

Fluttershy was nervous and excited at the prospect of a party.

“I am completely serious my most faithful student. I’ll send a Chariot for them at once.” Princess Celestia said mater of factly.

“I am deeply grateful to you Princess Celestia and to you Princess Luna. I sure hope I won’t let you two down.” Dr. G. said with a smile.

“Well if you’ll excuse us Luna and I need to start the preparations for this evening’s Celebrations. I trust that I can count on You, Twilight to oversee the preparations?”

“Yes of course.” Twilight answered.

“Excellent you will find all you need in your old room which has been prepared for your visit. Oh and accommodations for the rest of our guests should be done shortly. See all three of you very soon.” Princess Celestia said. And with a regal spark of magic she and Luna vanished a trail of violet and rainbow colored smoke all that remained of the two leaders of Equestria.
Fluttershy finally let out a sigh of relight and joy.

“Well Dr. G. It seems you have a new job now.” Fluttershy said smiling brightly.

“And You get to work with Animals your true passion.” Twilight added grinning. The good doctor turned and faced Twilight and Fluttershy his face struggled to express the emotions inside of him.

“I can’t even begin to express my gratitude to you two. You have given me my life back, and I will be eternally grateful to you both.” He finally said.

“It was our pleasure. And it is we who are grateful for you saving our lives back there.” Twilight said with a smile.

“Yes but now we have a party to plan.” Fluttershy added.

“PARTY? Did Some pony say PARTY? Said a voice that could only belong to a certain pink pony as she tackled Fluttershy.

“Now Pinkie show some Culture!” said a familiar elegant voice.

“Aw Shucks girls Ah think we scared ‘em!” said a thick and Southern voice.

“Ha ha! You should see the looks on your faces!” Interjected a rainbow maned mare.
After recovering from Pinkie’s assault Fluttershy smiled widely.

“Well Girls since you are all here introductions are necessary. Dr. G I’d like you to meet my friends.” Twilight said. As introductions were exchanged Fluttershy noticed Twilight disappear and reappear with a quill and checklist. Some things never change. Fluttershy thought.

And so preparations for the night’s celebration began. Applejack prepared a few tasty treats for the party with some help from Rainbow Dash. Pinkie Pie planned the evening’s festivities and decorated the grounds with some help from Rarity who tried to add some elegance to the party pony’s decorations. Twilight oversaw the preparations and helped as needed while Fluttershy helped anywhere she was needed. Dr. G kept trying to help but after a few close calls was forced to help Twilight oversee things. About two hours later Fluttershy helped Pinkie Pie decorate while rarity insisted on making Dr. G a new lab coat that cut above his cutie mark. She also insisted on making him a Tuxedo for this night’s formal event despite Dr. G’s protests.

Nighttime fell silently on the grounds. The stars seemed almost handpicked for this occasion as only the brightest were shining. The moon was full and cast a magical glow on the Courtyards. Fluttershy sighed in her dress from the Grand Galloping Gala and thought tonight couldn’t be any more perfect. She stepped out of the castle and took a seat to twilight’s right.

“Wow Twilight you look beautiful in your gown from the Gala.” Fluttershy whispered.

“We all do dear but you take the cake.” Twilight answered nuzzling her a bit.

“This isn’t going to get all mushy now is it?” Rainbow Dash asked making a gagging noise.

“Whoa Nelly you ain’t ever complained to me about mushy stuff!” Applejack retorted.

The setting was beautiful a stage with a podium and in front of the stage tables were set up. The guests were starting to file in as Rarity and Pinkie Pie joined the table. Pinkie was excitedly talking about how fun this part was going to be.

“It took forever to get that tuxedo right but I must say I think it’s my best one yet.” Rarity commented to the table.

“Oh-my-gosh! Are-you-excited-because-I-am! Pinkie pie said all in one breath.

Fluttershy wondered where Dr. G. was as the ceremony was due to start soon.

“Twily! It’s good to see you!” said a mostly white unicorn wearing a royal guard captain’s suit.

“Shining Armor! We have a lot to catch up on big brother!” Twilight said enthusiastically hugging him tightly.

“Indeed we do little sis! But for now Duty calls!” He said leaving abruptly.

“Fluttershy nervously searched the crowd for Dr. G when all of a sudden the lights dimmed even the stage ones. Then the stage ones brightened up just enough to allow for a spot light to bathe the podium in light. And there in center of the light was a pink Alicorn who smiled deeply.

“Egh-hm. I am not very good with introductions but here goes anyways! Good Evening Every pony and welcome to tonight’s presentation of the newest member of the Canterlot Royal Court. My wish is that every pony can experience the magic of tonight’s celebration. And now I present to you the ponies who give us the sun and the moon every day and our regal rulers; Princess Celestia and Princess Luna!”

She stepped down quietly and sat on one of the chairs on the stage. Suddenly in true theatrical form a royal carriage appeared and landed gracefully on the stage. A golden and midnight blue light enveloped it and briefly blinded the audience. When the light cleared there on stage were the two rulers of Equestria. A darker Alicorn could be seen taking a seat net to Cadence.

Wow what an enhance! Fluttershy thought.

“Greetings, Loyal subjects and friends, we stand here to honor and welcome a new member to before we present you with this new member let’s allow my sister Luna to speak a few words.” Celestia said.

“As rulers of Equestria both my sister and I care about all creature not just ponies. It is with this thought in mind that we have decided to add the position of Royal Veterinarian to our Court. This Pony shall be in charge not only of all the Royal animals but shall also be responsible for regulating all of Equestria’s Animal Hospitals and Shelters” Luna paused allowing Celestia to finish the speech.

“Thus after careful consideration Luna and I by the powers bestowed upon us do hereby declare and confer the honor of being Equestria’s first Royal Veterinarian upon Dr. Gibran Castlehoof."

Dr. G. stood from his seat and walked over to the podium where Luna and Celestia Presented him with a Plaque commemorating this honor.

“And Now Dr. Castlehoof will say a few words.” Luna said smiling wide as she and Celestia sat on their thrones which were on stage. There was an enormous wave of applause and fanfare from the crowd. Dr. G felt hot under the collar and tried to hide how uncomfortable he was being in front of such a large crowd.

“Thank You!” He started and the crowd fell silent. “First and foremost, I would like to thank Princess Celestia and Princess Luna for bestowing this honor upon me. I am beyond words of gratitude for this opportunity and I won’t let any pony down. As for who am I? Which I am sure you are all wondering. Well I don’t have a complicated answer for you. Those who were my patients here in Canterlot would tell you the same thing. I am just a pony with a deep love for animals, so I try to make them better when they are sick or hurt. That’s it really. I do also want to extend my most sincere gratitude to the two ponies who helped me get to this point Twilight Sparkle, and Fluttershy. Honestly you two are the bravest ponies I have ever met.”

He paused and another deafening round of applause broke out. He waited for it to subside then continued.

“Now I know everyone here believes in my abilities as a Vet, and I promise that I will do everything I can to help animals all across Equestria as Royal Veterinarian. But now enough about me. The time has come for every pony to share in my special honor. In the timeless words of Pinkie Pie: “Let’s PARTY!”

He finished punching a hoof into the air. The crowd erupted into applause and confetti began raining down as everyone gave the good doctor a standing ovation. He took a seat at Twilight’s table grinning like colt on Hearth’s Warming Eve.

“Um Dr. G That was a great speech and your tuxedo looks wonderful.” Fluttershy whispered.

“Aww thanks Fluttershy! Yeah Rarity found a way to make an ugly Alicorn look good.” He said with a smile.

As Flutter shy was settling into the night’s festivities a passing thought occurred to her. She looked over at Dr. G. who was talking to Rarity and Rainbow Dash about his suit, then over to Princess Luna who was drinking a goblet of apple juice and stealing a glance at the good doctor.

Maybe just maybe. She thought with a smile.

*Author’s Notes*: Trollestia and Luna Strike again! Next Chapter is already written. Should be typing it soon and publishing not long after! Let’s Party EVERY PONY! Please Comment, Favorite, watch and offer any advice or feedback. I love hearing from my readers even those who have stuck with me for so long! See you real soon!