• Published 12th Jul 2012
  • 2,690 Views, 94 Comments

A Lesson In Love - Gmoney24



A love story of Twilight and Fluttershy Told from both perspectives.

  • ...
13
 94
 2,690

Chapter 12

*Author’s Notes*: Because I never want to disappoint my fans I have made these next few chapters with a focus on feelings so that we can see the condition of Twilight and Fluttershy’s relationship. As for the good doctor he’ll be back soon and for those of you who worry that he may be taking focus off of our two lovers don’t worry you’ll see soon that he will play an important role when their relationship undergoes a test of mettle later. For now please review and enjoy!

Chapter 12:

Fluttershy couldn’t help but smile as she watched Twilight read her book How to Tame Wild Animals intensely then try to use the skills she had read about to coax the Swan out of the aviary. It was really kind of cute but the swan was quite stubborn and refused to leave the aviary. Twilight began to get frustrated and soon gave up looking dejectedly at Fluttershy.

“I have tried everything but I just can’t seem to get him out of the aviary!” she said making a sad face that Fluttershy found quite adorable.

Fluttershy pulled Twilight into a deep Kiss which lit up the dejected pony’s face then said
“Let me try.” Fluttershy walked into the enclosure and gently flew over to the swan. The swan honked nervously.

“It’s ok little Guy.” she coaxed. The swan stayed still and Fluttershy quietly whispered into its ear. The swan honked rubbed his beak on her cheek and then flew right outside of the open aviary door landing on a surprised Twilight. The swan spread his wings and wrapped them around Twilight in a kind of avian hug and then took off leaving the unicorn stunned.

“Awww, that was cute my love. He hugged you goodbye.” Fluttershy said smiling.

“But I think he kissed you goodbye dear!” Twilight replied. “But I think he missed a spot.” She said pulling Fluttershy into a kiss filled with passion and ecstasy. Fluttershy really enjoyed these moments.

“Twilight! Twilight, you have an urgent message from Princess Celestia!” Spike exclaimed running with a scroll in his hand.
Twilight reluctantly broke away from Fluttershy and began to read the letter. As she read Fluttershy reflected on the last four days. Twilight had visited her cottage religiously everyday to help rehab the swan. Twilight came early and left late at night and never once complained about the work. Fluttershy did most of the coaxing and flying and Twilight had worked hard trying to get the swan to exercise. Fluttershy realized with a smile that the more time she spent with Twilight the deeper her love for Twilight grew. The sound of Twilight’s voice calling her name brought her back to reality.

“I’m so sorry Twilight, I missed that whole sentence I was lost in thought.” Fluttershy said blushing a little.

“It’s ok Fluttershy. It’s this letter from Princess Celestia she wants to meet with me in Canterlot. She didn’t say what this meeting is about though.” Twilight said frowning.

“It must be really important then.” Fluttershy said.

“Would you like to come along with me?” Twilight asked with a look of concern in her eyes.

“Well I’d love to but who will take care of my animal friends?” Fluttershy asked.

“That’s easy I will!” Spike spoke up smiling.

“Are you sure Spike? Some of these creatures can be a hoofull.” Fluttershy asked unsure of the baby dragon’s ability.

“Of course I am after all it would make Twilight feel better if you went with her. Spike answered confidently.

“Oh all right.” Fluttershy agreed.

“Thank you so much dear. I’ll meet you at the train station around eleven thirty. Twilight said leaving to pack some things for the trip. Spike stayed behind and Fluttershy gave him detailed instructions of how to care for her wards. She then packed up a small suitcase and set off towards the train station. Her thoughts wandered to the visit they were paying the Princess. Fluttershy was nervous around Princess Celestia but she knew the Twilight need her support. So with determined flight in her wings she flew to the train station. The station was packed with all kinds of ponies pushing and shoving their way towards trains and train platforms. She found Twilight who had thankfully already purchased their tickets and together the couple made their way to Platform 9 ¾. Once on the platform Twilight and Fluttershy started at the powerful steam locomotive before them. Smoke billowed from the engine and steamed up the whole platform. The two lovers boarded the train and took their seats in the caboose of the train.

“It was the only car that had seats left.” Twilight explained.

Fluttershy being kind and understanding said “It’s all right so long as we are together dear.”

“All Aboard! The train for Canterlot is about to leave!” A black maned conductor called out. There was a loud hiss and the train began to pull out of the station. The train gathered speed and soon they were on their way.

“A whole car to ourselves?” Fluttershy asked noticing that no pony else was in the car.

“Seems like it unless they are having a snack on the dining car.” Twilight replied thoughtfully.

There was a sound of clattering hooves and a few How dare yous? And then the door to the caboose opened. There standing in the doorway was a disheveled looking midnight blue Alicorn in a white lab coat.

“Dr G!” Fluttershy exclaimed.

“Well what a pleasant surprise!” The doctor replied setting down his suitcase in an empty baggage compartment and his doctor’s kit on a nearby chair.

“I didn’t know you were leaving so soon.” Twilight said smiling.

“Well it’s ok really I’m sure Canterlot is missing me.” He said with a rather unconvincing laugh.

Hmmm, something is wrong here. Fluttershy thought.

“Is everything all right back in Canterlot? Fluttershy asked hoping the good doctor would explain his rather odd behavior.

“Just Peachy.” The Vet replied but his eyes betrayed him.

He’s definitely hiding something. But what? Fluttershy thought.

Just then the blue Alicorn pulled three empty mugs and some tea bags from his suitcase.

“Would any pony like some tea?” He offered. Before either Twilight or Fluttershy could reply the lights in the caboose flickered and then extinguished themselves. There was a loud cracking sound followed by screams of terror from Twilight. Fluttershy could feel the caboose ripping at its seems.

“Twilight! Dr. G.! Any pony know what’s happening?” she yelled panicking.

She felt the care turn upside down and right side up it was like it was rolling then a sudden explosion happened and everything went upside down. Fluttershy felt a white hot pain in her flank and a tearing sensation in her wing. Then everything went black.

*Author’s Notes*: What a suspenseful chapter! Did anyone catch the Harry Potter reference? Please review and comment!