• Published 12th Jul 2012
  • 2,690 Views, 94 Comments

A Lesson In Love - Gmoney24



A love story of Twilight and Fluttershy Told from both perspectives.

  • ...
13
 94
 2,690

Chapter 5

*Author’s Notes*: The next chapter in the story! Please Keep Reading and reviewing so I Can make changes as needed! On another note Chapter 6 is done but I am waiting to finish Chapter 7 to release them together. But for now Enjoy!

Chapter 5

Twilight and Spike cantered along a quaint little path on their way towards the Ponyville Market Place. It was about mid-morning when a large resounding boom came from the western outskirts of town. Following the deafening noise was an explosion of Rainbow resulting in a large stunning rainbow directly over Sweet Apple Acres.

“Wow! What a Sight!” Spike exclaimed.

“Indeed Spike, something must have made Rainbow Dash really happy this morning.” Twilight said staring at the rainbow etched into the sky.

“Yeah I bet I can guess...—” he started then noticing the look Twilight gave him asked quickly “Remind me again why we decided to take this long way into town?”

“I thought we could use a change of pace, and enjoy these morning Jasmines that bloom along this path.” Twilight responded looking over her checklist again.

“What do we need again Twi?” he asked sounding a little impatient.

“Well, we need two boxes of quills, twenty bottles of ink, and about two extra-large rolls of Parchment. We could also see if Rarity can fix this rip in my saddle bag.”

“Oh well at least I get to see Rarity.” Spike said perking up a bit.

They continued on the path and were soon in the center of town. Ponies, Unicorns and Pegasai were hustling and bustling through the crowded streets. Twilight and Spike carefully navigated the maze of traffic as they made their way through the square.

“First Stop the Quill and Hoof.” She announced as they entered a cedar colored wooden structure.

And so Twilight and Spike went on gathering the supplies from Twilight’s list. Finally they made their way to an old Victorian style structure with a sign the read Carousel Couture.

“And last but not least, here we are at Rarity’s” Twilight said checking off the last item on her checklist. Spike led the way as they entered the shop a small bell’s tingling announcing their arrival.

“Just a minute.” Said a beautiful white Unicorn with a flowing purple mane as she went up a spiral staircase.
Less than a minute later she was back down stairs with an exquisite rose colored satin ribbon in her mouth. She quickly sewed it on a dress on a manikin and then warmly greeted her guests.

“Twilight and Spike what a Marvelous surprise! How are you two?"

Spike starred vacantly managing a quiet “Hi Rarity.” His infatuation getting the best of him.

Twilight cleared her throat and said. “We’re just fine Rarity. I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind helping me with this tear in my saddle bag. That is if you’re not too busy.” She asked holding up the torn bag.

“Hmmm Just a second dear.” Rarity said taking the saddle bag. “Idea!” she exclaimed and began using her magic to sew a new piece onto the ripped bag. Needles and strings and fabric began putting themselves together. She then said looking at Twilight.

“What’s new my dear?”

“Well aside from having a pleasant afternoon yesterday reading outside, not much.” Twilight answered.

“Hmm that’s nice.” Rarity said distracted for a second by her sewing. “You know who else has been reading a lot lately?” she asked refocusing on Twilight.

“Well aside from me and a few ponies who visit the Library often not very any ponies. Twilight answered.

“No Silly! I mean of our friends.” Rarity said almost like she was hiding a secret. Twilight gave her a puzzled look and said

“No Pony in particular comes to mind. Twilight replied.

“Well I was talking with Fluttershy earlier today during our weekly Spa date and she was telling me all about this book she read yesterday and how it was so interesting and heartwarming.” Rarity said as she finished stitching up the saddle bag.

“Really she liked it that much?” Twilight said trying to act surprised and turning a bright shade of vermillion.

“I guess so.” Rarity continued “Something about a Hound and a Horse. She was so talkative the little darling. Rarity added smiling as she handed Twilight’s bag back to her looking like it was brand new.

“Well I have to go and organize my quills.” Twilight said taking the newly repaired bag. “Thank You so much.” Twilight added heading towards the door.

“It’s my pleasure dear any time!” Rarity said as Twilight and Spike departed.

“Spike mustered a “Nice to see you Rarity!” and was rewarded with a kiss on the cheek.

Twilight headed to the library her thoughts consuming her. Fluttershy had like her Favorite story. Maybe they had more in common than she realized. Maybe it was time to tell Fluttershy how she felt.

Spike and Twilight arrived at the library. Twilight went in and put her saddle bag down and sat staring at her last note on the table which was a poem that read:

How Do I Love Thee?Let Me Count The Ways… She sighed and then yelled out loud
“I LOVE YOU FLUTTERSHY!”

Spike came up behind his friend and said “In the words of a wise old Monkey ‘It is Time’.”

Twilight looked at her dragon friend and confidant.

“Yes I suppose So. But I am scared Spike.” She answered shakily.

He patted her back and said “Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained! And One More Thing..” he said Pausing.

“What?” Twilight asked.

“Love knows no fear and no boundaries.” He said grinning.

“I think I’ll visit her tonight and tell her everything. Twilight said to Spike. “Even if she doesn’t feel the same way I just have to tell her how I feel before these feeling eat me alive.” She continued determination filling her eyes.

“That’s the Twilight I Know!” Spike said grinning widely.

“Thank You My Number One Assistant in the World!” Twilight said sharing his grin. “But now it’s time to put away all this stuff we bought.” She added looking at her saddle bag.

“For ONCE I don’t mind helping you put this stuff away.” Spike Said picking up a box of quills.