• Published 12th Jul 2012
  • 2,690 Views, 94 Comments

A Lesson In Love - Gmoney24



A love story of Twilight and Fluttershy Told from both perspectives.

  • ...
13
 94
 2,690

Chapter 17

*Author’s Notes*: Now things are going to get very interesting for our Heroes! Oh and yes there are copious ponified and not so ponified artists, and songs/song references! If you spot them point them out! No spoilers but I will say this much try not to be too angry about what happens. Don’t worry you’ll see soon enough that everything will turn out mostly ok. Please Keep reviewing and favoriting!

Chapter 17:

Twilight sat pensively scraping the food on her plate. Her mane flowed in the evening breeze yet her thought were on Dr. G and Princess Luna.

No! You mustn’t meddle in these affairs I’m sure he will take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to talk to her. She chided herself mentally. Soft yet somewhat upbeat music was being played by a band on the stage. An abrupt and sudden ruckus on the stage interrupted the mild music snapping Twilight out of her pensive trance.

“Dinner’s Over! It’s Time to Boogie!” Cried out an all too familiar shrill voice. “Come on Vinyl! Let’s show them how it’s done!” The voice continued.

Seemingly out of nowhere the podium was transformed into a DJ bother and the ponies that had been playing the softer music seemed to have vanished. Upon closer inspection they could be seen sitting and eating at a table that said reserved for band.

But that detail aside the Base Kicked up and “Let’s Get it started in Here” by the Black Eyed Ponies blared out of the speakers kicking the party into full swing. Twilight decided she would ask Fluttershy to dance and after some careful coaxing Fluttershy agreed. It was quite an amusing sight; Fluttershy and Twilight in one corner, Rainbow Dash and Applejack shaking their grove things in another, and Pinkie Pie and Rarity moving to the beat on the other side.

Fluttershy and Twilight both struggled to suppress their giggles at this last couple.

“Now Dear it’s kinda cute!” Fluttershy said chastising Twilight’s chuckles.

“I know Darling it’s just that they are so different.” Twilight said smiling like a foal. The current song faded and twilight noticed Dr. G. still sitting at the table. She also noticed Princess Celestia trying to drag a reluctant Luna to the dance floor.

“Come on Dr. G let’s dance!” Twilight said grabbing the reluctant Vet. The next song Party Pony Anthem began: "Party Ponies in the house tonight…"

“Come on Dr. G let the beat hit your feet.” Twilight encouraged.

Dr. G made a valiant attempt at dancing and pretty soon enough he was at least moving in sync to the beat. Unfortunately the beat in his feet was not the beat of the song. Luna on her end wasn’t faring so well either but Celestia insisted that she have “fun” and refused to let her sit. The song ended and a new one began.

“OH! I know this one! Follow my lead every pony!” Dr. G shouted excitedly as the Pony shuffle began blasting through the speakers. Twilight, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, even Pinkie and Rarity joined in formation behind Dr. G who led the dance.

“To the Right to the right to the right to the right! To the left to the left to the left to the left. Now kick Now Kick Now kick! Now trot it by yourself trot it by yourself and do the Pony shuffle!” Dr. G sang leading the line dance.

Princess Luna and Celestia joined Dr.G in the front and with a little guidance soon caught on to the dance and were moving to the beat.

Right after the song ended Pinkie Jumped on the stage and Led the next group song that every pony knew the "P-O-N-Y" (similar to our YMCA). “Young Colt there’s no need to feel down I said Young Colt…” Luna and Dr. G were now having a good time.

The next song that followed was the "Twist", which turned into a large circle of twisting ponies. Pinkie dragging Applejack with her jumped in the center and then other ponies were thrown in and out of the circle. Suddenly Twilight got an idea and shoved Princess Luna into the center. Fluttershy noticing this pushed in Dr. G. albeit a tad bit gentler than Twilight. For a moment Dr. G and Princess Luna stood there frozen but then not even a second later they were twisting and doing tricks and stunts in the center.

“Go Luna! Go! Go! Go Luna!” Chanted Rainbow Dash.

“Yeah show’em how it’s done Doc!” Pinkie Pie yelled laughing.

The crowd chanted and cheered and wouldn’t let them leave fortunately the song ended soon. Dr. G and Princess Luna left the dance floor panting and dripping in sweat.

“May I get you a drink Princess Luna?” Dr. G offered as they reached the beverage table.

Twilight and Fluttershy had taken this opportunity to go back to their table however they had a clear view of the beverage table. They pretended to be too busy to notice. Twilight was hoping Dr. g would get lucky tonight!

After some careful thought Luna decided on apple juice and leaned on the wall resting from the dancing. A slower son being played by the band played in the background.

“So beautiful night tonight wouldn’t you say Princess Luna?” Dr. G asked. Mentally he thought What a stupid question she makes the night sky every night!

“Please call me Luna, Dr. Castlehoof, and as for the night’s sky I would like to say I did a decent job considering the circumstances.” She said laughing nervously.

“Oh right. By the way Prin- I mean Luna call me Dr. G. It’s what my friends call me.” He replied trying hard not to blush or say
anything stupid or embarrassing.

“Alright Dr. G.” Princess Luna replied.

“I still don’t understand why you and Princess Celestia are taking a chance on me. I am a pretty simple Pony after all.” Dr. G Inquired.

“Well there are two main reasons my good friend, One: you are an Alicorn which makes you very powerful. And Two: Sometimes you have to take a chance on some pony.” Luna replied blushing lightly at the second part.

Before Dr. G could ask another question there was the earsplitting sound of feedback on a microphone.

“Hey Every Pony! It’s me Vinyl Scratch your DJ for the evening. This party’s been real swell so far. Even Princess Luna and Celestia showed us some moves.” Luna blushed real hard at this point.

“But I think we could use a nice song for all the lovely couples out there. I’d like to invite my good friend Octavia to help me with vocals and to pay the melody for us.” A round of applause broke out as Octavia, a grey earth pony with a black mane, and a pink bow tie came on stage with a cello in her hooves.

“The song is called “Islands in the Stream” find some pony you care about and share this dance with them.” Vinyl said.

“May I have this dance Luna?” Dr. asked rather boldly before he fully realized what he was saying his cheeks flushed crimson.
“It would be my pleasure my good Doctor.” Luna replied sporting a lovely shade of vermillion as well.
And so the two began to dance as the music began.

Baby when I met you
there was peace unknown
I set out to get you
with a fine tooth comb
I was soft inside
there was somethin' going on
You do something to me
that I can't explain
Hold me closer and I feel no pain
Every beat of my heart
We got somethin' goin on
Tender love is blind
It requires a dedication
All this love we feel
Needs no conversation
We ride it together, ah-ah
Makin' love with each other, ah-ah
Islands in the stream
That is what we are
No one in between
How can we be wrong?
Sail away with me to another world
And we rely on each other, ah-ah
From one lover to another, ah-ah
I can't live without you
if the love was gone
Everything is nothin'
if you got no one
And you did walk in tonight
slowly losing sight of the real thing
But that won’t happen to us
and we got no doubt
Too deep in love and
we got no way out
and the message is clear
This could be the year
for the real thing
No more will you cry
Baby I will hurt you never
We start and end as one
in love forever
We can ride it together, ah-ah
Makin' love with each other, ah-ah
Islands in the stream
That is what we are
No one in between
How can we be wrong?
Sail away with me to another world
And we rely on each other, ah-ah
From one lover to another, ah-ah
Sail away
Oh come sail away with me, with me
Islands in the stream
That is what we are
No one in between
How can we be wrong?
Sail away with me to another world
And we rely on each other, ah-ah
From one lover to another, ah-ah

Twilight and Fluttershy danced close by watching the two Alicorns. They make such a cute couple. Twilight thought. Dr. G Twirled, dipped, and slow danced like a professional ballroom dancer. Fluttershy whispered to Twilight.

“So I guess Dr. G does know how to dance after all my love.” Twilight smiled contently.

Dr. G and Luna danced silently in each other’s company each one lot in the other’s eyes. The song winded down.
Luna invited Dr. G to sit in the Royal Garden for a bit and he followed. Stealthily Twilight and Fluttershy followed hiding in a nearby rose bush they had a clear view of the two Alicorns. The music from the party could be heard.

“Dancing in the Dark” By Bruce Sprigtree played softly in the background. They sat quietly for a moment then Luna broke
the silence of her night.

“Well, Dr. G I didn’t know you were such an excellent ballroom dancer.”

“Well Princess there’s a lot about me that most ponies don’t know. I can dance but only slow dances because I learned them when I was a young colt.” Dr. G explained. Luna listened intently. “I do have one question Prin- I mean Luna” Dr. ventured bravely.

“You can’t start a fire without a Spark. This Gun’s for hire even if we’re just dancing in the dark.” The song continued.

“Yes Dr. G?” Luna asked piercing him with her stunning midnight blue eyes.

“Umm How do I put this?” He asked stumbling over his words. Luna looked at the doctor intensely. At the same time she thought: Is he thinking what I’m thinking? Do I even have a chance? Can I let myself fall in love again?

“Umm. Hmm Uh.” Dr. G stumbled some more. “Even if we’re just dancing in the dark.” The song continued fading.

“Well it’s getting late Dr. G. I do hope to see you more often than on just these occasions now that you’ll be working for us.” Princess Luna said.

Then in a bold move even for a Princess, she bent towards Dr. G and gave him a kiss on the lips. Dr. G was surprised but didn’t pull away. She held it for one, two, three, four seconds then broke it. Dr. G sat mouth agape in shock.

“Thank you for the dance Doctor. Please—” Princess Luna was cut off and instead a blood curdling scream came from her mouth. Almost in slow motion Dr. G lunged forward but he was a second too late. An arrow cut through the night and pierced the princess of the night in the chest.

“Damn It!” Dr. G. yelled.

He ripped his coat and a part of his shirt to try to stop the bleeding from Luna’s chest and back wound. Suddenly from either side Ponies appeared. On his right were Twilight and Fluttershy having come from the rose bush. From the left side came a dark red Unicorn. His skin and fur were the color of blood, a deep sinister looking crimson; his mane was as black as a starless night, and the cutie mark he bore was a contract with a quill from which a red drop fell. He held a bow in his hand and a quiver of arrows was over his shoulder.

“YOU!” Dr. G yelled.

“Well, Well, Well, Dr. Castlehoof. How are you my good friend? Well actually, I should we rephrase that as we haven’t ever met personally. But I know of you and judging by the look on your face you know of me too.” The sinister unicorn said with an evil grin.

“You are nothing but a forgotten legend, Mephistopheles!” Dr. G yelled. His mind couldn’t believe what he was seeing right before his eyes.

“What have you done to her you evil bastard?” Dr. G spat enraged.

“Temper, temper. She’s not dead yet. Now even if you do manage to heal her wounds like other ponies say you can, she shall not wake until the antidote to the poison I have shot her with is administered.” The evil unicorn replied in a fit of laughter.

“GIVE ME THAT ANTIDOTE!” Dr. G roared.

“Yeah or we’ll destroy you!” Twilight shouted at the sinister being before them.

“Oh how quaint the Elements of Harmony think they can defeat me. Listen and Listen Good Twilight Sparkle the person who sent me had a score to settle with Dr. Castlehoof. Not You. So BUTT OUT Little Filly! Now, excuse me doctor, I have a debt to collect!” Mephistopheles said shooting a blast of magic into the air.

There was a cloud of smoke and the smell of brimstone filled the air and then the evil unicorn vanished. A smoky serpent hung high in the air above the scene of blood and charred grass.

“I can save her, I think but I need—” his voice died as Celestia appeared looking enraged.

“Please Your Highness; you have to help me get her to the castle. I think I can save her!” he said frantically.

Celestia gave Dr. G a look that could kill. But she focused on the task at hoof and her horn glowed for a minute before Twilight, Fluttershy, Dr. G, and Luna were transported into a Dark blue bedroom. Celestia still looking furious said

“We will give you some time to work Doctor but know this after this you answer to me.”

“But, Your Highness, This magic too powerful for me to deal with on my own.” Dr. G explained casting healing spell after healing spell with no effect. Celestia angrily cut him off.

“Fine. I will help you but know this: I am helping you only for my Sister’s sake and nothing else.”

Twilight and Fluttershy were waiting outside of Luna’s bedroom. There was an eerie silence in the room. After what seemed
like hours Celestia’s voice was heard.

“Twilight, Fluttershy! Come in!” It was an emotionless tone and Twilight feared the worst.

Twilight and Fluttershy entered the room nervously. Twilight gasped, the sight before them was awful. A bloody arrow lay broken in half on the table. Princess Luna had a deep gash in her chest that had started to scab up but refused to close despite both Celestia’s and Dr. G’s spells. An IV hung from a pole and a screen blinked with numbers and a steady heartbeat. Yet still Princess Luna lay there on the bed completely unaware of her surroundings but none the less alive. A nurse pony sat by the bedside writing on a clipboard, while Dr. G looking exhausted had deep tear tracks etched into his
face. Princess Celestia meanwhile wore an equally tired and furious expression.

“Excuse us Nurse Joy, I think my Sister should rest while I talk to our good doctor.” She said with a deadly calm. “Follow me.”
She added looking at Twilight and Fluttershy as she led Dr. G to her throne room. When they arrived Celestia stood by her throne and turned to face Dr. G.

“What do you have to say for yourself Doctor? No respectable Pony ever deals or associates with Mephistopheles.” She said angrily.

“You’ve got to believe me Your Highness. Prior to tonight’s terrible events I had no idea he was anything more than a myth.” Dr. G explained.

“He Knew Your Name! That’s a sign that you were under one of his contracts! AND NOW MY SISTER IS GOING TO DIE!” Celestia screamed losing her composure. Twilight had never seen Celestia so filled with rage. She held onto Fluttershy and they cowered in fear.

“Y-y-you have to believe me. I LOVE Luna! I would never hurt her!” Dr. G stammered.

“LIES! I OUGHT TO HAVE YOU EXECUTED RIGHT NOW!” She roared with fury.

Just then a large explosion occurred smoke blocking every ponies view.

“EVERY PONY STOP!” Yelled a shrill voice as the smoke cleared and streamers and balloons rained down.

“Pinkie?” Twilight asked confused. “I don’t think this is a good time for that!” Twilight continued concerned for her friend’s safety.

“Nonsense! EVERY PONY NEEDS TO STOP EVERYTHING AND LISTEN RIGHT NOW!” Pinkie yelled yet again.

Every Pony froze in place as the now deranged looking pink pony looked around making sure she was being heard.

*Author’s Notes*: What a Chapter right? For those of you who are concerned NO Luna isn’t dead! As for references there are plenty of song ones LMFAO, Village People, Cupid shuffle, Islands in the Stream as performed by Dolly Parton, and Kenny Rogers, and even A little Bruce Springsteen feel free to point out any you particularly liked! And there is definitely a Harry Potter reference in this chapter as well 10pts to Gryffindor for whoever spots it 1st! Bright side Dr. G got a half date and kiss that’s a plus. And let me know what you think of my nee evil Villain Mephistopheles! Please Continue to review and comment even if you have before so I can see how every pony likes the story