• Published 1st Jun 2017
  • 7,051 Views, 310 Comments

A Princess, a Magician, and an Exile Walk Into a Bar - Sporktacles



Sunset, Trixie and Luna meet in a bar for drinks every week.

  • ...
13
 310
 7,051

Side Chapter: Duty of a Diarch

“Thank you, Raven. You have been most helpful.”

Luna sighed at the doorstopper-sized book before her. With all the annotations, addenda, advice from her private secretaries, and Raven’s own notes, the single document weighed as much as a large brick.

“Would you like any help?”

Luna looked up. Despite her size and splendor, Celestia could be very quiet when she wanted to be. The solar diarch had managed to tiptoe all the way beside the desk without Luna noticing.

“Thank you, Celestia, but no. If I wish to be co-ruler of Equestria, then it must be my signature on at least a few of these laws your– our advisors have drafted. I cannot shirk my duties simply out of convenience.”

“I understand,” said Celestia. “But tell me if you need any kind of support. Especially if you ever feel… already buried deep.”

“I’m sorry?”

“You know, in paperwork. Six feet under. Screams, but nopony seems to hear a thing.”

“I-I…”

“Because did you know...” Celestia’s face broke into a mischievous grin, and her voice turned to a lyrical tone. “That there’s still a chance for you? That there’s a spark in you?”

“Oh stars, you heard.”

“You just have to igniiiiite the liiiight. And letttt it shiiiiine! Just own the night! Let forth a baaaaattlecry!”

“No. Oh, please no.”

“BECAUSE BABY, YOU'RE A FIREWOOOORK! COME ON, SHOW THEM WHAT YOU’RE WOOOORTH! MAKE THEM GO, ‘AH! AH! AH!’ AS YOU SHOOT ACROSS THE SKY-AH-AH!”

“I am never going to live this down, am I.”