• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 641 Views, 13 Comments

My Little Pony: Equestrian Destinies - TheEpicKyurem



When a new threat falls upon Equestria, a lone pegasus must team up with Equestria's greatest heroes to save it.

  • ...
2
 13
 641

Freeze's First Battle

After Freeze recovered from fainting he, Celestia, and the others made their way to a large field outside of the town. They soon stopped in a small area with a few rocks, while the rest of the ground was covered in grass.

“Alright, Freeze,” Celestia said. “Why don’t you transform, so we can see what powers you possess?” Freeze nodded, focusing the power inside of him. A large ball of blue electricity soon grew around him, until he was engulfed by it. A few seconds later, the electricity disappeared, and he could be seen in his dragon form, roaring loudly as he did so. The others all stared at him; some in awe, some in fear. Celestia’s mouth hung open a little, surprised at the transformation, before regaining her regal posture and clearing her throat.

“W-well then,” she said. “Why don’t we see what you can do in this form?” Next to her, Twilight materialized a notepad and a quill, ready to take notes if necessary. Freeze nodded, before flying up into the sky. Looking down, he chose a relatively large rock to start with. A bright ball of draconic energy grew in his mouth, before he released it in a devastating beam. It hit the rock, exploding on contact. When the dust cleared, the eight mares could see that half of the rock had been destroyed, scorch marks covering the spot the beam hit. They stared in shock, surprised at how much damage the beam had done.

Freeze, however, wasn’t done yet. Another ball of energy soon formed in his mouth, but this time it was an icy blue. Like the last one, he shot it out in a beam, but instead of destroying the rock even more, it froze it, the ice slowly creeping across its surface. He then crashed down to the ground, before a claw of shadows grew on his right arm. He flew towards the rock, before shattering it with the claw, the pieces flying everywhere. Celestia quickly summoned a magical shield to protect them from any stray debris, but luckily, none came near them. Freeze landed, the claw disappearing.

Celestia stood in shock at what she saw. Never in all her life had she seen something like this. She could feel the power radiating from him; a power that could match even hers, maybe even more. There was a long silence, but finally, Rainbow broke it.

“That. Was. Awesome!” she exclaimed, doing a small flip in the air. “Did you see him? He obliterated that rock!” Meanwhile, Twilight was furiously writing notes on what Freeze had just done, writing down every detail she could think of. The mares continued to talk to each other for a while, all except for Celestia, who was talking with Freeze.

“Freeze, your power is extraordinary!” she said. “With your power, we may stand a chance against Havoc. I know that this is all so sudden to you, but you must help us. If the prophecy is true, then…” Celestia trailed off, thinking about what would happen if Havoc succeeded in his conquest.

“Don’t worry, Princess,” Freeze said. “Even though I’m new to this power, I won’t let you down. I’ll do whatever it takes to stop Havoc from taking over Equestria.”

Celestia looked up at him, but right before she was about to express her thanks, a large object slammed into Freeze, making him stumble backwards.

“What the heck!?” he said, getting his balance back. “What was that?”

In front of him, a figure dropped down, looking him straight in the eye. It stood up, crossing its arms and giving a small chuckle. It looked like a large turtle, but more threatening and with spikes on its shell.

“Well well well,” it said. “So this is where the little princess is hiding! But who are you, the bodyguard or something?” Freeze took a defensive stance, standing in front of the Princess and his friends.

“Who are you?” he asked. “And why did you just attack me out of the blue like that?”

The creature laughed loudly. “You don’t know who I am, do you?” it said. “Well, it is expected, since I’m not from your world. I’m Bowser, and unless you want to get beaten to a pulp, you’re gonna hand over the princess!”

“And why would I do that?” he asked. “To me, it looks like you’re the one who’s going to get beaten up.” Bowser scowled, before cracking his knuckles.

“Oh yeah, well not for long!” he said as a bright light enveloped him. “You see, I’ve got a friend of mine who gave me this sweet new power, and with this power, I’ll be more than a match against you!” As he said this, he began to grow until he was the same height as Freeze. The light faded away, and he let out a loud roar.

Freeze turned his head to his friends. “Get out of here,” he said. “I’ll handle him.” The others nodded and ran. Fluttershy was a little hesitant, but she followed her friends as well.

“Please stay safe, Freeze,” she whispered to herself as she ran, worried about the pony-turned-dragon.

Bowser made the first move, throwing out a strong punch at Freeze. Freeze flew up, barely dodging the punch, and began to circle around Bowser.

“I’ve gotta find his weak spot…,” he said to himself. Suddenly, fire began to build up in Bowser’s mouth, and he shot it like a flamethrower at Freeze. Quick to react, Freeze fired a beam of draconic energy at Bowser. The fire and beam connected, resulting in a large explosion. A large cloud of smoke covered Bowser’s vision, making him unable to see anything around him. Freeze soon burst into the cloud of smoke with a claw made of shadows, cutting him in the stomach.

Bowser roared in rage, before slashing at Freeze. Too close to him to dodge, he was slammed into the ground. Bowser then stomped on his back with his foot, making it so he couldn’t get back up. He looked over the dazed Freeze, giving a deadly smile.

“Well, you put up a good fight, but there’s just no beating me,” he said as fire began to build up in his mouth once more. Unknowingly to him, electricity started to course around Freeze’s body, before he was enveloped in it. The electricity shocked Bowser, literally and figuratively, and he was forced to move away from Freeze. Freeze slowly got up, still surrounded in the electricity, and rushed towards Bowser, hitting him square in the chest. The force of the impact pushed him all the way to the edge of a small forest nearby, his momentum being broken by the trees that were crushed underneath him.

Bowser slowly got back up, wiping off a little dirt that was on his snout. He shook his head and stared straight at Freeze.

“You’re better than I thought,” he said. “Clever, too. But I’m not going to be defeated by the likes of you!” He charged towards Freeze, before sliding into his shell and spinning. The momentum of his charge kept him going, so that he was like a spikey top, moving quickly towards Freeze. Unfortunately for him, he wasn’t fast enough, as Freeze flew up to dodge it. He then turned around and fired a beam of freezing energy. It hit Bowser, and he began to slow down. He soon stopped completely, the ice taking hold of him and freezing him solid.

This ice didn’t hold forever, though, as cracks started to appear on the surface. He soon broke out of the icy prison, turning around towards Freeze. He fired another flamethrower towards the dragon, who returned it with another stream of energy. This time, however, instead of them both exploding, the beam began to overpower Bowser’s fire breath. The draconic beam soon overpowered the fire so much that it hit Bowser right in the mouth, causing it to explode in his face. He was pushed back by the blast, scorch marks all over his face.

Roaring loudly, he charged at Freeze again. Freeze, anticipating the same attack, flew up into the air again, but instead of doing the same attack as before, Bowser jumped up and grabbed Freeze by the leg, pulling him down to the ground and making him slam into it. He then used his flame breath at point-blank range, hitting Freeze right in the face. Grabbing his tail, he spun Freeze around and threw him with all his might, making him land in the same forest he crashed into. Thinking he was out for the battle, he grinned, until he saw the blue electricity coming from where he landed.

There was a sudden roar, and a giant blue ball of electricity came rushing at Bowser, Freeze in the middle of it. It struck him hard in the chest, making him slide back. Bowser managed to keep his ground and grab Freeze, making the ball disappear. He then headbutted him right in the middle of his head, before grabbing him and somersaulting into the air. He crashed back down, Freeze below him so that he crushed him under his weight. He soon got off of him to see him beaten and bruised, almost unconscious. His friends called out to him from where they were standing, but he couldn’t hear them. His vision began to fade, the last thing he saw was Bowser stomping up to him, a maniacal grin on his face.

Suddenly, he heard a voice. It was small and soft, but it was recognizable.

“I believe in you, Freeze,” it said. “We all do.”

He suddenly opened his eyes, his body surrounded in an electrical field. He slowly got up, before flying up into the air. The spikes that were on his shoulders turned into tubes, which attached to his tail, making it glow a bright blue. Putting his claws together, he slowly pulled them apart, forming a ball of ice between them. Electricity coursed through the inside of the ball as it grew, before he launched it at Bowser. It was a direct hit on his head, and as soon as it made contact, Bowser’s whole body began to freeze, until he was completely covered in ice. Freeze ten launched a Dragon Pulse at the frozen Bowser, which exploded on contact.

When the dust cleared, the ice covering bowser had broken off, and he was standing like nothing happened. Just when he thought he would never defeat him, Bowser fell over, landing on the ground with a loud crash. A light surrounded his body, and he shrunk back to his regular size.

Freeze landed on the ground, panting heavily, but he managed to let out one last roar of triumph. A ball of blue electricity soon engulfed him, and he transformed back to his regular form, although now he had numerous cuts and bruises all over his body. Looking at the fallen Bowser, he gave a small, cocky grin, before falling over on his side, unconscious.

Fluttershy was the first to react, racing over to the unconscious Freeze and checking his pulse. It was slow, but steady. The others eventually made it to her and helped her with Freeze, Celestia and Twilight picking him up with their magic. They rushed him to Fluttershy’s cottage, which was the closest building to them, and lay him on her couch. Fluttershy then rushed to get medicine to heal him while the others watched him.

“This happened after the incident with the timberwolves,” Twilight said after a small silence. “I just hope he’s alright…”

“Don’t worry, Fluttershy can heal anything,” Applejack said.

“I hope so,” said Twilight, sighing as Fluttershy came back into the room with the medicine and started to take care of him.


Bowser slowly got up rubbing his head. He gave a small groan of pain and looked around him, his eyes narrowing in anger.

“What!?” he roared, rage in his eyes. “How did he defeat me!? He said that it was impossible for anyone to defeat me with the power he gave me, and we were going to take over Equestria easily! When I get back there, I’m gonna give him a piece of my mind!” He stomped off towards the direction of the Everfree, not knowing that there was a pair of eyes watching him from the forest behind him.

“Hmm… Taking over Equestria, you say?” a voice said from the darkness. It was a feminine voice, soothing but sharp at the same time. “Maybe he could be of assistance to me and my plans…”