• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 641 Views, 13 Comments

My Little Pony: Equestrian Destinies - TheEpicKyurem



When a new threat falls upon Equestria, a lone pegasus must team up with Equestria's greatest heroes to save it.

  • ...
2
 13
 641

The Capture

Twilight walked along the path to Fluttershy’s cottage, a small smile on her face. She was going to go and check up on Freeze to see how he was feeling. It had been a few days since his battle against Bowser, and in that time he had told her and her friends about what had happened in his subconscious. She was still not used to the fact that a dragon was living inside of his body, but with all of the strange things that had happened in Ponyville since she moved there, she could at least accept it. She soon approached the door to the cottage and gave a small knock.

The door soon opened slightly, revealing a tired Fluttershy. She soon opened it all the way when she saw who it was.

“Oh, Twilight!” she exclaimed in surprise. “I didn’t know you were coming over today!”

“Sorry about the sudden visit, but I just wanted to check how Freeze was doing,” she told her. “Is he awake?”

“Yes, he is,” Fluttershy said. “He’s laying down on the couch.” She let Twilight into the house, before turning to go into another room. “I wish I could join you, but today was the day I was going to give all of my animals a bath.”

“It’s alright,” Twilight said. “Do you need any help?”

“No, I think I can manage,” she stifled a yawn. “I only have a few more to go.”

“Alright,” Twilight said. “But if you do need help, don’t hesitate to ask.” Fluttershy gave a small nod, before going off into another room. Twilight walked into the living room to see Freeze laying on the couch, casually tossing a small ball into the air and catching it. He soon noticed Twilight standing nearby and gave a small wave.

“Hey, Twilight!” he said. “What’s u-ow!” He was cut off as the ball he was throwing into the air hit his face. Rubbing his face, he gave her a sheepish grin. “Woops. Should have payed attention.”

“It’s alright,” Twilight said, stifling a small chuckle. She moved over to Freeze and sat on the floor beside him. “How are you feeling?”

“Meh, I’ve been better,” he said, putting the ball beside him on the couch. “But it definitely isn’t as bad as the first time. Should be out of here tomorrow.”

“Oh, really? That’s great!” she said, giving him a small smile. There was an awkward silence between them, Twilight pawing the carpet with her hoof. After a few minutes, she broke the silence. “So… um, after you get better, Rarity and I were planning on going out for lunch tomorrow. Do you want to join us?”

“Sure,” he said with a small shrug. “I’ve got nothing else to do really, so of course I’ll go. Plus it’ll give me a chance to learn more about you two, you know?”

“Yeah, let’s go with that,” Twilight said, a small blush barely visible on her face. She suddenly got up. “Well, I have to get going. I have to tell Rarity that you’re coming tomorrow.”

“Alright. See you tomorrow, then,” he said. She then walked out of the room to the front door. After leaving the house, she let out a small sigh.

“What is this feeling I’m having?” she asked herself. “I feel as though I… No, it can’t be. I just met him about a week ago.” Shaking her head, she walked back to Ponyville, not noticing the pair of green eyes hiding in the forest nearby.


As she entered the borders of Ponyville, Twilight made her way to Carousel Boutique to tell Rarity the news. Opening the door to her friend’s shop and home, she heard a loud crash coming from upstairs. Suddenly, Rarity’s cat Opal came running down the stairs covered in a light blue cloth, Rarity hot on her trail.

“Opal, dear, get back here!” she yelled, trying to catch her cat. “That cloth is very important!” As she kept chasing Opal around the store, Twilight sighed and used her magic to lift the cloth off of Opal’s head. The cat stopped instantly, looking around in confusion, before walking back up the stairs. Rarity noticed Twilight nearby, holding the cloth in her magical grasp.

“Oh, well I could have done that from the beginning…,” she said, chuckling. She took the cloth from Twilight and placed it neatly on a nearby couch. “So, what did he say? Will Freeze be joining us?”

“Yes, he will,” said Twilight, looking down at the ground. Rarity noticed this, giving a small frown.

“What’s the matter, dear?” she asked. “I thought that you would be happy that he was joining us.”

“I am,” Twilight said. “But, I just… I just think that something may be wrong with me…”

“Whatever do you mean, Twilight? You look perfectly fine to me.”

“I just…,” she began, looking up at Rarity. “I mean… I don’t know why, but I feel like I may like Freeze a bit more than a friend.” As Twilight said this, Rarity’s eyes widened, before a big smile crossed her face.

“Twilight, are you telling me you have a crush on Freeze!?” she said happily, hoping she was right.

“Well, I mean, I guess,” Twilight sighed. “But, I still barely know him. I don’t know why, but every time I’m near him I just feel… well, happy. I feel like nothing can go wrong when I’m around him and that I’ll be kept safe no matter what.” Rarity let out a small squeal of happiness.

“Well, then isn’t it lucky that we are going out to lunch tomorrow!” she exclaimed. “You’ll be able to learn more about him, and he’ll learn about you!”

“Yeah, but what if I screw up and say something wrong? What if he doesn’t want to be my friend anymore? What if-!” she was cut off from Rarity putting a hoof to her mouth.

“You won’t screw up, Twilight,” she said. “Just be yourself, and everything will be fine. Besides, I’ll be there too if you need any help, remember?” Twilight gave a small nod, smiling.

“What would I do without you girls?” she asked, chuckling. She then made her way towards the door. “I need to get ready if I want to make a good impression on him. I’ll see you tomorrow for lunch.”

“Alright, dear, see you then!” Rarity said, before Twilight stepped out of her house. Rarity gave a small sigh. “I hope it all works out in the end… There is only so much I can do for her, after all.

After exiting Rarity’s house, she walked down the main street of Ponyville, her thoughts like a runaway train.

“I know Rarity said not to worry, but I just can’t help it,” she said to herself. “I mean, it is natural to be nervous, but I just don’t want to lose him as a friend.” She was so wrapped up in her thoughts that she didn’t notice that she took a wrong turn down one of the smaller streets in the town. She had ended up in a small, dark alleyway. The air around her felt ominous, as if something was going to attack her out of the blue.

“I really must be out of it today,” she sighed. Shaking her head, she turned around, only to come muzzle to muzzle with one of the only beings in Equestria she did not want to meet.

“Chrysalis!” she said, taking a step back, before igniting her horn and shooting a beam of magic at the changeling queen. She countered it by raising up a shield with her magic, making the beam bounce off and hit the ground near Twilight.

“Ah, so you remember me,” Chrysalis said, mocking her surprise. “I thought you may have forgotten.” Twilight narrowed her eyes and shot another beam at Chrysalis, but just as before, she used another magic shield to deflect it. This time it hit a nearby house, fortunately only leaving a small scorch mark on the wall.

“Ah, ah, ah. Don’t want to hurt any of your precious subjects, do you?” she asked. She then shot a beam of magic at Twilight, but instead of exploding, it wrapped around her, trapping her in shackles of magic. There was even a small ring of magic over her horn, rendering her magic useless.

“What do you want, Chrysalis,” Twilight demanded, gritting her teeth.

“Oh, nothing much,” she said. “Just to get rid of you and your friends once and for all! And now that I have you, I can put my plan into action!”

“What are you going to do, hold me for ransom?” she asked.

“Oh, I have something even bigger planned,” Chrysalis said. “But first, I have to get rid of you.” She charged magic into her curved horn and a familiar green fire surrounded Twilight. She tried to scream for help, but the flames blocked her voice. “Goodbye, Twilight Sparkle,” Chrysalis said, before becoming enveloped in a green light. The last thing Twilight saw through the flames was the green light disappear, revealing an exact copy of herself. “You will not be missed,” the now transformed Chrysalis said, walking away from the circle of flames as Twilight was transported far away by them.


Twilight slowly woke up, her legs in pain as she tried to stand. She soon realized, however, that the shackles of magic were still around them, and that the ring was still around her horn. She looked around to try to get a better view of her surroundings, but it was very dark where she was. The only light came from a small lantern above her, which shone down dimly.

In the dim light, she could see that she was in some sort of cell, not unlike the ones in Canterlot. The floor was cold to the touch, and was very rough due to the fact that instead of an actual floor she was on bare rocks. There were no windows in the cell, so she couldn’t tell where she ended up, although she imagined that she was deep underground.

Suddenly, she heard a sound coming from the right end of the hall. It got closer, until it stopped right in front of her. She looked up to see a being that looked much like Discord, but was more ragged and had a scar on his right eye. She let out a small gasp of surprise.

‘That must be Havoc…” she thought to herself.

“Well then, it seems like Chrysalis’s plan went off without a hitch,” the creature said in a low voice. “I am surprised to see that there is another alicorn in existence, though. Tell me, princess, what is your name?”

“M-my name is Twilight Sparkle,” she said hesitantly.

“Hmm. Well, it won’t matter since you’ll be stuck here for the rest of your life.”

“What!?” Twilight yelled, struggling to get up, but the shackles on her hooves kept her from doing so. The creature gave a small laugh, before disappearing. Small tears started to pour down Twilight’s face. She realized that since Chrysalis was disguised as her, there would be no way that anyone would see that she was really missing. The tears started to fall like a waterfall down her face as she buried her head in her hoofs, sobbing.