• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 641 Views, 13 Comments

My Little Pony: Equestrian Destinies - TheEpicKyurem



When a new threat falls upon Equestria, a lone pegasus must team up with Equestria's greatest heroes to save it.

  • ...
2
 13
 641

How the Tables Turn

Twilight opened her eyes slowly, the bright lights around her causing her to squint. She could make out blurry shapes in front of her, and when her vision cleared, she could see that they were her friends. Giving out a small breath of air, she stood up slowly, alerting her friends of her presence.

“Twilight!” Pinkie screamed, and immediately tackled her to the floor. She then proceeded to give her a back-breaking hug.

“Pinkie!” Twilight said, gasping for air. “Can’t breathe!”

“Oops, sorry,” she said and let her go. After taking a few deep breaths, Twilight looked up to her friends.

“What happened? Did Havoc attack?” she asked them, fear and worry in her voice.

“Yeah, but Starlight, Discord and I beat his sorry butt back to where he came from!” Rainbow said. Starlight rolled her eyes, walking up to Twilight.

“That’s not the only thing that happened, though,” she said, before pointing her hoof behind Twilight. She turned around slowly, before seeing Freeze in his hypnotic state.

“F-Freeze?” Twilight said, walking up to him. She put a hoof to his cheek and looked into his eyes, seeing a glimmer of green in them. She gasped and backed up, shaking. “That’s why Chrysalis impersonated me,” she whispered to herself. “To hypnotize him and make him unable to fight.” A few tears fell down her face, but she quickly wiped them away and turned to her friends, a determined expression on her face. “We need to break the spell, no matter what.” She stated.

“That’s what we were gonna try to do,” Applejack said. “We were going to see if any of us could break it, before we ask other ponies.” Twilight only nodded, before stepping up to Freeze. The others looked at her, confused, before getting the message. All at once, they all hugged him.

Suddenly, a bright light enveloped them, growing brighter by the second. The light then converged to a single point, right in front of Freeze’s chest, before going inside of it. The mare’s didn’t see it, but as soon as the light went inside of him, he blinked, the green gone from his eyes. Shaking his head, he looked down to see the mares hugging him tightly from all directions.

“Uh, guys?” he said, confused. “What are you doing?” They all gasped, looking to him. Slowly, smiles appeared on all of their faces, and they started to hug even tighter, yelling with joy that their friend was back. Freeze, meanwhile, was gasping for breath. They soon broke off of him, looking at him with smiles of pure relief. Shaking his head again, he looked at them.

“Alright, what happened,” he said. “You guys look like I died and then came back to life.”

“You were under Chrysalis’s spell,” Twilight told him. “We’re lucky that we were able to break it.”

“Wait, but how?” Rainbow asked. “As far as we know, none of us like him like that.” Rarity gave a small, silent chuckle, knowing that this wasn’t the case.

“Maybe it was our friendship that brought him back,” Applejack said. “We don’t know if breaking the spell is restricted to just love.” The others nodded in agreement. Freeze, however, was just more confused.

“Wait, who is Chrysalis?” he asked, before looking around. “And why did you take me to your room, Twilight?”

“Chrysalis is the former queen of the changelings, before they became good,” Starlight told him. “And that wasn’t Twilight who brought you into her room. It must have been Chrysalis, and she had put a spell on you so you couldn’t defend Ponyville.”

“Yeah, and that night, Havoc attacked, so we think that they’re working together,” Rainbow finished. Freeze put a hoof on his chin in thought, before looking at the mares.

“Well, that explains a few things,” he said. “But there’s been something on my mind for a while now.”

“And what’s that, dear?” Rarity asked.

“Where does that Bowser guy fit in with all of this? He attacked me out of the blue that one day, and we never saw him again.”

“Maybe he’s working with Havoc, too!” Pinkie exclaimed. “I mean, think about it! He said that someone gave him power, and Havoc is a very likely candidate to do that.”

“So we have Havoc, Chrysalis, and Bowser working together. Great, just great. Because just Havoc wasn’t enough,” Freeze said, rubbing his forehead. “On top of all of that, I barely know what I’m doing in my dragon form! I mostly just let Kyurem take control, but it tires him out, and I can’t take as many hits.”

“Well, then that’s something you’ll just have to work on, then,” Fluttershy told him, putting a hoof on him reassuringly. “And don’t worry. We’ll help you out as much as we can.” The others mares nodded.

“Thanks guys,” he said, giving a small sigh. “I’m gonna need a lot of training if I want to beat him.”


“Alright, put it over there! No, not there! Hey, watch where you’re going with that!” In the span of a few hours, Eggman had created a reasonable amount of robots, which he had dubbed ‘Egg Pawns’. They were currently working on a large, menacing robot that was almost as big as the room it was in. It looked similar to a bat, with giant, sharp wings and a long tail. There was a small hole on the head of the mechanical beast, presumably for a cockpit of sorts. As Eggman continued to bark orders to his robots, Bowser came stomping into the room, his face contorted in anger.

“Hey, what’s the big idea!?” he shouted, causing the mad scientist to turn his head. “I’m trying to get some sleep here, and I keep hearing all… this…” He trailed off as he looked up at the larger robot under construction. “Wow, that is actually pretty cool. Did you build that all by yourself?”

“No, of course not,” Eggman said. “I’m making my Egg Pawns do it.” He walked up to Bowser, squinting at him. “I feel like I’ve seen you before, but I can’t put my finger on it.”

“Well, I’ve never seen you before in my life,” Bowser tells him. “You the new recruit Havoc was telling me about, right?” Eggman simply nods. Bowser then chuckles to himself. “Good. We need another good brain around here. That bug’s idea was absolutely terrible.”

“What did you just say, grub?” a cold voice said from behind him. He turned around to see Chrysalis in the doorway staring at him.

“I said that your plan sucked,” he told her, making eye contact with her. He began to walk up to her, scowling. “I mean, really, you didn’t even have her for a day! How hard can it be to keep her in there?”

“Well excuse me, but I didn’t know that Havoc had a brother, and that it was Discord no less!” Chrysalis said. She was visibly shaking in rage at this point.

“Well, you should have known!” he yelled back. “One of the most important things in a good plan is to research beforehand! That’s how I almost win back on my world!”

“Yes, almost! Did you actually win, though?”

“No, but I’ve come closer than you have, insect!”

“Oh really? Have you captured all of the most important people in your world so that there will be no one left to save it!?”

“No, but I’ve made my own galaxy in the center of the universe! Twice!”

“And how did that work out for you!? It probably imploded in on itself due to your sheer stupidity!”

“Oh, that’s it! I’m gonna squish you until you’re just a smear on this floor!”

“Try me, turtle! You probably won’t be able to because you’re so slow!”

“Oh yeah? Well, at least unlike you, I’m not a pain in the-”

“ENOUGH!!” There was a bright flash, and Bowser and Chrysalis found themselves floating in the air, a very angry Havoc in between them. “If you two can’t cooperate, I’ll personally destroy the both of you! I don’t need this in my life, not when there is a whole world to take over!” He then dropped Bowser and Chrysalis and floated towards Eggman. “Is it almost finished?” he asked.

“Yes, I just need to make a few more adjustments and put in the power source, and it will be all done!” Eggman said.

“Good, because I have some news. Apparently there is a large source of harmonic energy right near us, but there is a little bit a darkness lurking underneath of it. If we can extract that darkness and make it take over the harmonic energy, we can have enough dark power to make sure that no one stands in our way ever again.”

“But how are we going to do that?” Bowser asks. “If that harmonic energy is as strong as you say it is, then how are we going to convert it to darkness?”

“I believe I have an idea for that,” Havoc said, before turning away from the group. His talon began to glow crimson, before he slashed at the air with it. The air around the slash rippled, before turning into a scarlet portal. Immediately, a loud screech could be heard from inside, making Bowser, Chrysalis, and Eggman cover their ears. After the screech had finished, Havoc closed the portal, before turning to the others.

“Wait, why did you close it?” Chrysalis asked.

“Because what was on the other side is too big to fit in here along with Eggman’s machine,” he stated. “It is capable of radiating an aura of darkness, and if my theory is correct, then it will be able to corrupt the harmonic energy.”

“Then what are we waiting for, then? Let’s get it over here!” Bowser said excitedly.

“It is not that simple. It will take a lot of my energy to transfer it over. We may need to wait a week at the very least before I have enough power to bring it across the portal.”

“But you got me here just fine!” Bowser said. “What makes that thing any different?”

“Many factors, but they are not important right now. The important thing is that we prepare for its arrival. Eggman, I trust that you will finish your machine soon?”

“Yes, of course!” Eggman exclaimed, before hurrying back to his Egg Pawns and resuming his work.

“Good, and as for you two,” Havoc turned towards Bowser and Chrysalis. “If I hear you two fighting one more time, that Freeze will be the least of your worries. As entertaining as it is, I cannot have my allies fighting each other if it means my plans will fail.” Bowser and Chrysalis simply nodded. “Good. You are dismissed.” They gave each other one last look before they went their separate ways, presumably to their rooms.

Havoc sighed before teleporting out of the room, appearing in the darkest room of the castle. Conjuring a flame in his paw, he looked around before seeing a dark blob on a nearby rock. The dark creature had grown, but not by much. It was now about the size of a baseball.

“You better hope this works,” Havoc said leaning in towards it, before teleporting out of the room. The only thing that the dark ball did was give a small chuckle, showing its brilliant white teeth.