• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 642 Views, 13 Comments

My Little Pony: Equestrian Destinies - TheEpicKyurem



When a new threat falls upon Equestria, a lone pegasus must team up with Equestria's greatest heroes to save it.

  • ...
2
 13
 642

A Plan Falls Apart

Havoc appeared outside of the castle, looking around to see what could have caused the crash. He soon saw a wide trench cut out on the rocky ground nearby. Curious, he followed it. It went so far, it reached the end of his small domain, where the stone gave way to dirt. The trench, however, continued for a while, until he came across something he had never seen before in his life.

At the end of the trench was what looked to be a large, eight armed robot that was in pieces. A few fires burned on some of the cables, which could have been from the result of something breaking it apart. Nearby, there was a smaller sphere with something inside of it. The sphere suddenly opened up, and a creature that Havoc had only heard about in legends fell out of it. The creature, a human, slowly got up and, seeing the destroyed robot, rushed over to it. As he ran to the robot, Havoc could see that the human was very fat, yet it could run moderately fast.

“Where is it, where is it!” the human shouted to himself as it rummaged through the robot’s remains. Havoc moved behind the human and folded his arms, an unamused look on his face.

“Were you the one who caused the trench in my territory?” he asked coldly. At the sound of his voice, the human tensed up and slowly turned around. Seeing Havoc, he quickly backed away on all fours until he was stopped by one of the robot’s pieces.

“P-please! Don’t hurt me!” the human said, fear in his voice. Havoc gave a small chuckle at watching him squirm to get away.

“Don’t worry,” Havoc said. “I won’t kill you… yet.” He then brought his talon up, and it began to glow crimson. The human soon began to glow the same color, and was levitated up so he was inches from Havoc’s face. “Now, I’m going to ask you again. Did you create that trench?” A touch of malice began to form in his voice.

“Y-yes! Yes!” the human said, nodding his head. “But I didn’t mean to! I have no idea where I even am!” Havoc stared at him for a moment, his eyes narrowing, before he let him go from his magical grip. The human dropped to the ground, stunned.

“No matter, I can fix it anyway,” Havoc said, before snapping his talon. Instantly, the trench disappeared, the only things remaining were the burning remains of the robot and the sphere the human came out of. “Now then, who are you?” The human stood up and, thankful that he wasn’t killed instantly, he gave Havoc a large smile.

“My name is Ivo Robotnik, but you may call be Dr. Eggman!” he said, giving a small laugh and folding his arms. Havoc stared at him for a second, before laughing uncontrollably. Eggman gave him a quizzical look.

“That- That is the funniest thing I have heard in eons!” he said, tears forming in his eyes. “Who even names themselves that? Only an incompetent fool would come up with a name like that!”

“Hey! I have you know my IQ is over 300!” Eggman retorted. “So I am no fool, you walking zoo!” Havoc’s laughter suddenly stopped, and in one quick movement, he pinned Eggman up against a tree with his talon, His blood-red eyes glowed with anger.

“You do not comprehend who I am,” he said coldly. “I can end your life in a million different ways, and some of those ways you cannot begin to think of how painful they can be. I was turned to stone thousands of years ago for a reason. So unless you want to die, I’d refrain making fun of me.” Eggman simply nodded, fear in his eyes. Havoc let go of him, and he dropped to the ground. “I am taking you to my castle. There, we can discuss some things.” He snapped his paw, and they both disappeared.


“Freeze? Where are you!” Starlight shouted. She had been searching the castle for well over half an hour, but there was no sign of him. Rounding a corner, she soon came across Rainbow Dash.

“Did you find him yet?” Rainbow asked, to which Starlight only replied to a shake of her head. “Dammit! Where’s that stallion when you need him!” Starlight thought for a moment, before getting an idea.

“There is one place we haven’t checked yet,” she said, motioning for Rainbow to follow her. They soon made their way to Twilight’s room. Stopping in front of the door, Rainbow gave her a quizzical look.

“Do you really think he would be in there?” Rainbow asked.

“It’s the only place we haven’t looked yet,” Starlight told her, before her horn began to glow. A faint magical aura appeared on the doorknob, but as she tried to turn it with her magic, it didn’t budge. “Must be locked,” she said. Fortunately, she had just learned an unlocking spell a few days earlier, so within a few seconds, the lock clicked, and she opened the door.

She was greeted to the sight of Freeze standing near the mirror, staring straight at the mares. They could instantly see that something was off about him. For one, he didn’t react when they opened the door. He stood straight up, as if invisible strings were keeping him from slouching over. His gaze did not move, and he barely blinked. Starlight and Rainbow walked up to him slowly, keeping their guard up.

“Um, Freeze?” Rainbow said after a short silence. “You alright there bud?” She shook him a bit, trying to get him out of his trance, but her attempts did not prove fruitful. Suddenly, she gasped as she saw his eyes flash green for a fraction of a second. She instantly recognized them, thinking back to a couple years before.

“Chrysalis…,” she muttered. Starlight overheard her, gasping in surprise.

“Wait, you don’t mean that Chrysalis hypnotized him, do you?” she asked.

“Yeah,” Rainbow told her. “I’ve seen this before, at Princess Cadence and Shining Armor’s wedding. It was… Hard to forget.” She cringed as she said this, remembering the events of the wedding perfectly.

“Well, how do we break the spell?” Starlight asked, a worried look on her face.

“At the wedding, Princess Cadence’s love for Shining Armor broke the spell on him, but in this case, I don’t know,” Rainbow said solemnly. “To my knowledge, he doesn’t have a special somepony.” Unbeknownst to Rainbow, the gears in Starlight’s head began to turn.

“Wait a minute, but if Freeze is here under a spell, in Twilight’s room, wouldn’t Twilight notice?” she asked.

“Yeah, she would…,” Rainbow said, thinking, before her pupils shrank to pinpricks. “Wait, you don’t mean-”

“Yes. Somehow, I think Twilight was foalnapped by Chrysalis!” Starlight said, interrupting her. “I have a hard time believe this myself, but I believe that I have a theory. It can’t be a coincidence that when Freeze was put under Chrysalis’s spell, Havoc decided to attack.”

“Are you saying that Chrysalis teamed up with Havoc?!” Rainbow exclaimed.

“Yes, but I hope I’m wrong,” Starlight said, turning back to Freeze. “We need to break him from the spell and find Twilight, fast. Who knows what they could have done to her by now!”

“But we don't even know where to look!” Rainbow exclaimed. “And we don’t even know how to break the spell!”

“I believe I can help with one of those things,” a voice said suddenly. There was a flash of light, and Discord appeared in the room. “Did you forget that I could sense Havoc’s magical signature? Wherever Havoc is, Twilight will hopefully be close by.” He stepped up to Freeze, looking at him curiously. “But about the spell that was placed on him, even I have no idea how to break it.”

“So, does that mean that he could be stuck like that forever?” Starlight asked, hoping that the answer was the one she was hoping for. After Discord examined Freeze for a few more seconds, he stood up and faced Starlight.

“I’m afraid that might be the case,” Discord said solemnly. “Unless we can find somepony who has strong feelings towards him, he may remain this way forever.”

“And how are we going to do that? It’ll take forever to find somepony who does!” Rainbow said. Meanwhile, Starlight began to think.

“Unless, we had some extra help,” she said. “Rainbow, gather the other girls here. I think I may have an idea.” Rainbow nodded, and flew out the door.

“While you do that, I am going to find Havoc,” Discord said, and he disappeared.


“So what you’re saying is, you want to take over this ‘Equestria’ and kill the princesses and your brother?” Eggman asked, intrigued by what Havoc had just told him. He was growing fond of the draconequus, even if he did look weird to him.

“Yes, but it is harder than it looks,” Havoc told him. They walking down the steps to the dungeons, so Havoc could check on his prisoner. “My brother is about as powerful as I am, and of course, he is siding with those ponies.” He says this in disgust.

“Well, at least you have some leverage,” Eggman told him. “You did capture one of the princesses, right.”

“Yes, I did.” Havoc said. “That is who we are checking up on now, to see if she is still there. Although, there isn’t much she can do to break free.” The duo reached the bottom of the stairs, but what greeted them was complete darkness.

“Um, is it supposed to be this dark down here?” Eggman asked.

“No, it is not,” Havoc replied and conjured a flame in his hand. The two walked down the long hallway. They soon came across the cell that Twilight was kept in, but instead of finding the alicorn, they found something else.

“Hello, brother.” Discord said from the darkness, revealing himself to the two. “I see that you have a new friend.”

“He is not a friend, he is ally.” Havoc snapped back. “And you are a fool to come here.” As he said this, he launched a ball of energy at Discord, but instead of hitting him, it passed right through him, hitting a wall nearby. Discord faded for a second when the energy ball passed through him.

“I knew that it would be too dangerous to come here myself,” Discord said. “This is merely a projection. I’ve just come to pick up a little something, nothing more, nothing less.” He gestured to the cell behind him. Havoc looked to where he was pointing, but instead of seeing Twilight in magical shackles, it was empty. Havoc looked dumbfounded, before his eyes turned completely crimson and he gave a loud roar of anger.

“How!? How did you know where she was!? Everything was going perfectly, and then you had to show up! You and your meddling little ponies! You are a disgrace to our kind, Discord, and I will not rest until I kill you and everyone you care about!” The image of Discord simply stood there, unamused. He rolled his eyes, and the image faded out, leaving Havoc and Eggman alone in the dungeons. Havoc’s eyes were still crimson in anger, but they soon turned back to there original color. He then turned towards Eggman.

“That machine,” he began. “The one you came here with. Does it still work?”

“Well, uh, no, it doesn’t,” Eggman said, still shaken by Havoc’s sudden outburst. “And it is far beyond repair. But, if I can get my hands on a lot of metal and mechanical supplies, I can make a new machine to help you.” Havoc looked at him for a moment, before sighing. He snapped his talon, and started to walk away from him.

“Everything you will need is upstairs in what was the ballroom,” he said as he walked away from him.. “That will be your workshop.” He then disappeared, leaving Eggman alone.