• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 641 Views, 13 Comments

My Little Pony: Equestrian Destinies - TheEpicKyurem



When a new threat falls upon Equestria, a lone pegasus must team up with Equestria's greatest heroes to save it.

  • ...
2
 13
 641

Uncertainties

Princess Celestia had had a long day. She had just finished speaking with Thorax about how to create better relations between the ponies and the changelings, and before that she had to converse with a few nobles about the fairness of taxes. So when she received a letter later that night, she almost discarded it, until she saw who it was from.

“A letter from Twilight?” she asked herself, genuinely surprised. After she became a princess, she had Twilight stop sending her friendship reports, although she still sent a few from time to time. As the opened the letter, however, she saw that it was not like a normal friendship report at all. It read:

Dear Princess Celestia,
A mysterious occurrence happened a few days ago that I would like to tell you about. A new pony who had moved to Ponyville had a vision that he would be the savior of Equestria, and that he would gain powers beyond our understanding. Weirdly enough, the vision turned out to be true.
We had ventured into the Everfree to try and find the source of this vision, and we were attack by timberwolves. Apparently, Freeze got separated from us and found the source of the vision. As expected, he gained the new power and saved us, before falling into a deep sleep. Luckily, he woke up several hours later.
I would like to speak to you about this face to face soon, so we can help Freeze to gain control of his new powers. Until then, I hope everything is well.

Sincerely
Twilight Sparkle

Celestia looked at the letter, dumbfounded. She read it again, just to make sure she wasn’t seeing things, before calling one of her personal guards to her room.

“Can you set a time for me to visit Ponyville tomorrow?” she told him. “There is something I must speak about with Twilight.”

“Of course, your Highness,” he said to her. “I will see what I can do.”

“Thank you,” she said, before ushering the guard out of the room. She then sighed. “If I am right, then there will be a big change for my little ponies,” she said to herself. “Hopefully, Equestria will survive this ordeal.”


The Castle of the Two Sisters, located deep inside of the Everfree Forest, had been abandoned for over a thousand years, and lay near the Tree of Harmony. It was also the perfect place for secret plans. A bright flash appeared in the center of the castle, and Havoc appeared, panting.

“It has been too long since I have used my powers..,” he said to himself. “But it feels good to finally be free again.”

The dark creature from before was on his shoulder. It jumped off of him and scuttled on the ground, finding a small corner. Havoc walked over to the two thrones, which were cracked and broken from decay. He lifted up his paw, and it glowed a crimson red, before he held it out and crushed the two thrones. He then snapped his talons and a new throne appeared. This one was made out of obsidian and had lava running down it. However, the lava was confined into cracks that ran about the throne. He sat down in it, leaning his head against his paw.

“We must devise a strategy,” he said. “I know that I cannot do this alone; I have learned that the hard way. However, I do not know any powerful allies that we can recruit…”

The dark being in the corner shifted, before saying, “Might I suggest someone?”

Havoc looked towards it in surprise. “Who do you have in mind?” he asked, intrigued.

“He is very powerful, that I know for sure, because I have fought him a few times myself. But the only way to get to him is dimensional travel, so I am not sure if we can recruit him.”

Havoc stared at the dark creature, before laughing. “Dimensional travel, you say?” he said. “That is child’s play.” He lifted his talon and swiped at the air. As if it was made of paper, the fabric of space ripped as he sliced through it. “Now then, shall we?”

“I cannot,” said the creature. “I am still too frail for dimensional travel. And besides, I still believe that he is upset with me.”

“Very well then, I shall go myself,” he said. “But I need to know, who am I looking for?”

The creature grinned widely. “Ask for someone named Bowser. You will easily be pointed in the right direction.”

Havoc nodded, then flew into the portal, which shut behind him.


It was a quiet night in Ponyville. Celestia’s sun had set for the day, and Luna’s moon was beginning to rise. Most of the residents were already in their houses, getting ready of bed, but that wasn’t the case for everyone.

Freeze sat on a hill near the outskirts of the town, looking up at the stars. A soft breeze blew through his mane as he sat. He was thinking about all that had happened to him the last couple of days: his move to Ponyville, the visions, and getting his new powers. Closing his eyes, he gave a soft sigh.

“I don’t understand it,” he said to himself. “Why was I chosen? It could have been any other pony, and yet, it chose me.” Suddenly, he heard the sound of hoofsteps behind him. He turned around slowly to see Fluttershy walking towards him. She stopped when he looked at her for a second, before continuing towards him.

“Um, hello Freeze,” she said softly. “I was just coming to check on you. Is everything alright?”

“Yeah, I’m fine,” he said. “Just thinking.”

She sat down beside him. “Is it about your new powers?” she asked him. He gave a small nod, before looking up at the sky again.

“I just don’t get why I was chosen. It’s probably because I’m not used to it, but I just…,” he trailed off, looking down at the ground. “What if I fail? What if Equestria falls into ruin because of me?”

Fluttershy looked at him, a small smile on her face. “Don’t worry. I’m sure that you will fulfil your duty to protect Equestria,” she said reassuringly.

“But what if I don’t?” he snapped back, causing Fluttershy to flinch. “What if I fail? Nopony will ever forgive me, and it will be all my fault! Sure, it’s kind of cool to have these powers, but I don’t think I’m ready yet!” He was close to tears at this point. “You don’t know how it feels to have the fate of the world on your shoulders, especially when you don’t know what you’re supposed to do!”

Taking a deep breath, Fluttershy looked at him sternly. “You may think that I don’t know how that feels, but I do. In fact, I have felt it many times. Sometimes I think that I’m the weak link of the group, that I’m powerless compared to the others. But sometimes, even the weakest of ponies can turn out to be the biggest of heroes. Do you know who was the one responsible for the reformation of Discord?” Freeze shook his head, before she continued. “It was me. I was the one who showed him the magic of friendship. So you see, if I can change the world for the better, then you can too.”

She moved a little closer to him, and wiped away a few tears from his eyes with her hoof. “I believe in you, Freeze,” she whispered. “We all do. But you have to take the initiative. You are the one who needs to stand up and fight. And when the final battle comes, we’ll all be beside you, ready to fight by your side until the very end.”

Freeze looked into her eyes, tears falling down his face. He wiped a few of them away, and smiled at her. “Thank you, Fluttershy,” he sniffled. “I… I really needed that…” He pulled her into a small hug of thanks, before getting up and walking down the hill. Fluttershy watched him go, smiling softly, before going in the opposite direction towards her house, a small blush creeping onto her face.