• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 641 Views, 13 Comments

My Little Pony: Equestrian Destinies - TheEpicKyurem



When a new threat falls upon Equestria, a lone pegasus must team up with Equestria's greatest heroes to save it.

  • ...
2
 13
 641

Eggman Attacks!

“Uh, Twilight, what’s that?”

Freeze, Twilight, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash stood in the same field they were in the day before. Today, though, was not a day for flying. A large object made of metal stood in the middle of the field. It showed several gauges and lights on it’s sides, and a large funnel came out of the right side of it.

“This is a machine that will calculate the power of your attacks,” Twilight explained. “It measures all of the energy in each attack, and converts it into numbers and formulas so I can read it.”

“Yeah, but won’t they, you know, break it?”

“Nope. I cast several protection spells on it, so the only way it could break is if it overloads, but I put in some failsafe spells for that, too.” After she said this, she gave a small, awkward smile.

“Well, alright,I trust you,” he said, before transforming. He let out a loud roar after the transformation ended, blasting wind in the direction of the three mares. Twilight and Rainbow looked at his with raised eyebrows, while he looked at them sheepishly. “Sorry, can’t help it. Makes it look cooler.”

“Alright, alright,” Twilight said, shaking her head and giving a small chuckle. “Let’s start with the ice beam. Can you shoot one of them into the funnel here?” She pointed to the funnel on the side of the machine with her hoof.

Freeze nodded, and reared his head back, building up ice energy in his mouth. Bringing his head back to its original position, he aimed a light-blue beam of ice into the funnel. The sides of the funnel started to get covered in ice, but it quickly melted due to Twilight’s protective spells. The lights on the machine began flickering as the gauges recorded the energy of the beam. At the back of the device, a long paper began printing out, showing a multitude of numbers and equations. The beam soon petered out, and the paper stopped printing.

Twilight grabbed the paper with her magic and looked over its contents. She occasionally gave a soft hum or gasp, but when she finished reading it, she stared up at Freeze with a shocked expression.

“The power in your ice beam is like nothing we’ve ever seen before!” Twilight said. “While it isn’t as strong as Princess Celestia’s magic or the Elements, it is still very powerful!” Freeze stood proud at this statement, before getting ready to give another loud roar of triumph. Twilight, seeing what was going to happen, quickly kept his mouth shut with her magic. “Freeze, while we enjoying your roaring, some of the other ponies in Ponyville might not, or even worse, they might get scared by it. So can you please keep it to a minimum?” Freeze nodded, and she let go of her magical hold on his mouth.

Meanwhile, Rainbow and Fluttershy were talking to each other nearby.

“Yeah, I don’t know what any of that stuff on the paper means, but by the looks of how much is on there, that beam of his must be really strong!” Rainbow said. Fluttershy gave a small nod, but something soon glinted in the corner of her eye. She turned her head slowly to see a pair of glowing blue eyes staring back at her in the forest behind them.

“Um, Rainbow Dash,” she said, fear trickling into her voice as she pointed to the eyes in the distance. “W-what’s that?” As soon as she said this, more pairs of eyes appeared next to it. Soon, there were hundreds of eyes staring at the two pegasi. Then, one of the pairs of eyes moved forward to reveal itself from the darkness. The blue eyes belonged to an orange and yellow robot. It had two, four-fingered arms and walked on two legs. It’s body was very round, and it had what looked like a long, yellow nose on its face. More of theme emerged from the forest after it. Some of them held swords, while others held ray guns. They marched in a uniform order out of the forest, walking towards the group.

“Twilight! Freeze! We’ve got company!” Rainbow yelled. The dragon and alicorn stopped talking, looked to where Rainbow and Fluttershy were, and gasped. Hundreds and hundreds of robots now stood between them and the forest, walking closer to them with each passing second. Freeze flew up and landed in front of the oncoming robots, while Rainbow and Twilight joined him on each side. Fluttershy stayed behind him, peeking out to watch.

Suddenly, the robot’s advance stopped, and they stood lifelessly staring at the group. No one moved for several seconds, before everyone in the area heard a loud metallic screech. A large shape flew up out of the forest and flew towards Freeze and the ponies. It the hovered in mid-air above the robots, revealing itself to be a large, robotic bat. Two huge wings beat the air as it hovered in place, it’s red eyes glaring at the group. A long tail with a claw-like end protruded from its back, and a large, crimson gem was on its chest. On top of its head was a glass semi-sphere. The glass opened up to reveal a man inside of it, laughing maniacally.

“Hahahaha! Prepare to meet your doom, ponies!” he said. “I suggest you all give up now, because I, Doctor Eggman, have orders to kill him!” He pointed to Freeze as he said this. Rainbow flew up into the air in front of the man, sneering.

“And what makes you think we’ll do that?!” she shouted. “There’s no way we’re gonna leave him here by himself! I’ll fight you myself if I have to you-” She suddenly disappeared in a flash of purple light and reappeared next to Twilight.

“What are you doing?!” she whispered to her. “You could have gotten yourself killed!”

“Well, I’m not gonna sit by and watch while Freeze gets beat up!”

“I’m not saying we’re going to abandon him! Just don’t charge into there without knowing what you’re doing!”

“Are you two done yet?” Eggman asked, folding his arms. “I have a tight schedule, and Havoc will want me back at the castle soon.” Freezes ears perked up to this, and he narrowed his eyes at him.

“What did you just say?” he growled.

“What I said doesn’t concern you! Not when you’re about to be destroyed by this: the Egg Bat!” he said, laughing afterwards.

“Seriously? The Egg Bat?” Rainbow semi-whispered to Twilight. “That sounds like a lame name.”

“I heard that!” Eggman said. “Egg Pawns, get those ponies! I’ll take care of that dragon!” He closed the glass around him and pressed a few buttons. The robotic bat made an ear-piercing screech, before charging at Freeze. Freeze lifted his claws to intercept the attack, stopping the bat in its tracks. In the position they were in, Freeze could see right into the glass where the man was. He opened his mouth and let a stream of draconic energy loose on the glass, hoping to destroy it.

The stream died down after a few seconds, but he was surprised to see that the glass didn’t even have a crack in it. In his confusion, he didn’t see the robot swing its tail into his side. This caused him to lose his hold on the bat, and it flew up above him out of harm's way.

Meanwhile, the Egg Pawns were getting closer and closer to Twilight, Rainbow, and Fluttershy. Gritting her teeth and narrowing her eyes, Rainbow let out a yell as she shot into the sea of robots. Even though she couldn’t puncture through them, she could still make them unable to fight. As she flew through the robots, her momentum caused the ones that were in her way to be sent flying. Twilight started to lift them into the air and smash them onto the ground, breaking them. The two worked in sync; soon, there were about a few hundred Egg Pawns left.

Fluttershy watched the battle take place. Her gaze kept switching back and forth from Freeze and the Egg Bat to Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and the Egg Pawns. She was so distracted by the fights taking place that she didn’t notice that three of the Egg Pawns had left the group and were sneaking up behind her. Unfortunately for them, one of the robots was very clumsy and tripped, making a loud clanging sound as it hit the ground. Fluttershy turned to see the three robots, the one that tripped getting back up quickly and holding out a ray gun towards her. A terrified expression appeared on her face, and she started to back away. Right when the robot was about to pull the trigger, however, a magenta beam shot straight through it, showing the circuits and wires inside. The robot’s eyes went black, and it fell to the ground.

Fluttershy turned around to see Twilight’s horn shining as she fired another beam. This one hit the robot on the left, destroying it’s head. A third beam cut clean through the third robot’s stomach, and it exploded in a mess of metal and wires. Fluttershy looked at the three fallen robots, mortified. Twilight then cast a shield spell over Fluttershy so she wouldn’t get attacked by any of the other robots before turning around to get back into the fight.

A crash to Fluttershy’s right snapped her out of her stupor. Clouds of dust blew over the shield containing her, ad when they cleared, she could see Freeze standing back up from his crash. The Egg Bat hovered a few yards away from him, before six missiles shot out of it’s back. Freeze quickly flew up into the air, causing one of the missiles to hit the ground. The rest followed him as he flew up, trying to get away from them.

Turning his head around, he let loose another draconic beam, destroying two of the missiles following him. He kept flying, swerving in the air to get rid of the missiles. He then got an idea, Changing his directory, he flew straight towards the Egg Bat. Right when he was about to make contact with it, he shot upwards, making the missiles hit the robot. The blasts caused it to fall with a mighty crash. Freeze then held out his claws, and a shadowy aura covered them. He shot down towards the Egg Bat and slashed the gem on its chest with the dark claws.

The claws left a small gash in the middle of the crimson gem, but did not do much else. Freeze flew backwards after his attack, and landed on the ground with a heavy thud. The Egg Bat slowly stirred, and with a powerful beat of its wings it took off into the air once more. Freeze and Eggman stared at each other for a few seconds, before Eggman pressed a few buttons and pulled a lever on his control panel, a crazed smile on his face.

“Let’s see you take this!” he shouted, his voice coming out through the robotic bat’s ears. The Egg Bat the climbed high into the sky, before stopping above Freeze. It then pointed the tip of its tail at Freeze, and it began to spin. Suddenly, the clawed tip of the tail shot out towards Freeze, spinning like a drill. It hit him right in his chest and exploded, causing him to go flying back and land on the ground hard.

“Freeze!” Fluttershy yelled, before banging on the shield. No matter how much she hit it, however, she couldn’t get a single crack on it. Freeze slowly got up, standing on one knee with his right claw on the ground to brace himself. A low growl escaped his throat as he struggled to stand, his stamina starting to weaken. The Egg Bat flew overhead, looking down at the fallen dragon. A new clawed tail tip came out from the stub on its tail.

“Hahahaha!” Eggman laughed maniacally. “Take that! That’s why no one messes with me!” He then pressed a large red button that was in the center of his control panel. The mechanical beast opened its mouth, and a bright light began to form inside of it. The light soon grew into a ball of energy, ready to be unleashed. “This is the end of the road for you! Now die!” Pressing another button, the Egg Bat let out a metallic screech as the ball in its mouth was fired in a devastating beam. Inside of the shield, Fluttershy could only watch as the beam headed straight towards Freeze. A few tears escaped her eyes, before she looked away, knowing what was going to happen.

Freeze, however, wasn’t going to give up so easily. With the last of his strength, he willed the spikes on his shoulders to become tubes and attach to the holes on his tail. This time, however, instead of the tubes glowing blue, they began to glow a fiery orange. Parts of his tail, arms, and head began to glow the same color, and right when the beam was about to hit him, a sphere of freezing orange and purple energy surrounded him. The beam from the Egg Bat impacted the sphere, which kept the beam from hitting him.

Suddenly, with a loud roar from Freeze, multiple tendrils came out of the sphere. They rushed towards the Egg Bat, which was still occupied with the beam and couldn’t move. The tendrils of freezing energy homed in on the crimson gem on its chest, and when they impacted it, there was a blinding flash of light. The gem began to get covered in ice, which then moved to the rest of the robot’s body.

“No, no! Stop! What are you doing!?” Eggman yelled as the ice crept closer and closer to his cockpit. The ice, however, stopped before it reached there, but the damage was already done. The ice had covered the chest, legs, and wings of the robot, making it unable to fly. The tendrils, however, kept going, hitting the gem ferociously. It wasn’t long before the gem began to crack, and soon, multiple cracks criss-crossed it’s surface.

Down below, Rainbow and Twilight had finished off all of the Egg Pawns and were looking up at the raging battle nearby. Suddenly, they heard Freeze’s voice.

“Rainbow! Smash the gem! Quickly! I don’t know how much longer I could hold this!” he yelled. The icy tendrils dissipated, but the sphere around him remained, holding back the beam that the robot was still firing. Rainbow nodded in understanding, before flying up high into the sky. She then nosedived down, angling herself towards the gem. A mach cone began to surround her, before the air around her exploded in a rainbow light, triggering a Sonic Rainboom. At supersonic speeds, she slammed into the gem, and that was all it took. The gem exploded into multiple shards that fell to the ground as Rainbow flew back down, her work done.

With its power source destroyed, the beam the Egg Bat was firing dissipated, and it began to shake violently. The cockpit on the head of the machine broke off and flew away, towards the Everfree Forest. Soon after it had disappeared, the robot exploded, sending metal pieces in every direction. Twilight quickly cast a shield spell around the group to block the shards of metal coming their way. When the dust cleared, all that remained of the machine was twisted pieces of steel and broken wires.

The sphere around Freeze evaporated, before he began to transform back into his normal self. After his transformation finished, he began to stumble a little, before regaining his balance. He panted heavily, having expended almost all of his energy in the fight. He looked up to his friends, and gave them a small smile.

“Well, I guess we won,” he said in between breaths. The shield around Fluttershy disappeared, and when it did, she ran towards Freeze, before giving him a big hug.

“I… I thought you were going to die!” she said, sobbing. Tears streamed down her face as she cried. “P-please don’t scare me like that again!” Freeze managed to get one of his hooves free and pat her on the back.

“It’s alright. I’m perfectly fine, see? Tired, but perfectly fine,” he said, giving a small chuckle. Twilight reached the two a few seconds later and joined the hug, while Rainbow hovered nearby, rolling her eyes at the scene. Eventually, the three broke the hug, and Rainbow spoke up.

“So, are we going to chase him down, or what?” she asked.

“Well, seeing that Freeze just used all of his energy in that fight, then no,” Twilight said. “We’ll have other chances to catch him, but for now, I think it’s best if we all got some rest. That fight tired me out, too.”

“I think that’s a good idea,” Freeze said. “Let’s head back to Ponyville. I don’t know how much longer I can stand up.” The group began to walk towards Ponyville, Rainbow and Twilight in the front while Freeze and Fluttershy took the back. Rainbow and Twilight were chatting while they walked, but for Freeze and Fluttershy, the walk was mostly silent. As the neared the town, Fluttershy spoke up.

“Hey, um, Freeze?” she said timidly.

“Yeah, what’s up?” Freeze said, turning his head towards her. This caused her to hide herself in her mane a little, peeking out from behind it.

“I-I wanted to ask you something,” she told him. “If you don’t mind.”

“Sure, go ahead. I’m all ears.” he said.

“Well, I…,” she trailed off for a moment, looking down and.

“You what?” Freeze asked, tilting his head in confusion.

“Oh, never mind. It was nothing,” Fluttershy said, stuttering. She looked away from Freeze, a small blush on her face, before hurrying ahead to join Twilight and Rainbow.

“Huh, weird,” Freeze said, before dismissing it as he continued on.

The group eventually reached Ponyville, and they went their separate ways. As Freeze walked home, he couldn’t get what Fluttershy had said to him out of his head.

‘What was she trying to ask me?’ he thought to himself. ‘And why did she dismiss it like that?’