• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 641 Views, 13 Comments

My Little Pony: Equestrian Destinies - TheEpicKyurem



When a new threat falls upon Equestria, a lone pegasus must team up with Equestria's greatest heroes to save it.

  • ...
2
 13
 641

Test Flight

A loud crash rocked Ponyville the next day. It came from the direction of Twilight’s castle, so no one really paid any mind to it since they were used to hearing crashes from there. In reality, though, the crash did not come from inside the castle, but rather from behind it.

A large crater had been created in the field behind the castle. Laying in the middle of it was Freeze in his dragon form, groaning. His friends looked into the hole he had created when he crashed, worry on there faces.

“Hey, uh, Freeze? You alright down there?” Rainbow Dash asked, flying down to her friend.

“No, not really,” Freeze replied, his voice muffled due to his head being in the dirt. “Actually, I think I’ll just lay here and take a small nap.”

“Yeah, uh, no.” Rainbow said, before trying to pull him out of the ground by his tail. Of course, her efforts proved futile since he was a giant dragon compared to her being a small pony, but she tried anyway. “C’mon, don’t you want to have enough power to beat Havoc?”

“Yeah, but not right now,” he said. The other mares looked to each other nervously, before Fluttershy and Twilight flew down to the bottom to join Rainbow.

“Freeze, Equestria’s in danger as long as Havoc is still active,” Twilight told him. “You need to master your new abilities, and soon. We don’t know when or where he’ll attack next.”

“Yeah, well I’ve been training for an hour now and have gotten nowhere.” he said, sitting up. “I can’t even fly! How am I supposed to fly without flapping my wings? In fact, why do I even have these wings in the first place? I can’t even use them, for Celestia’s sake!” He gave a small growl as he said this, looking down at the three mares in front of him. Rainbow raised an eyebrow at him, while Twilight and Fluttershy had pleading looks on their faces. After several seconds, he sighed.

“Fine, I’ll keep trying,” he told them, before standing up, making the ground close to him rumble. He crouched down, preparing to take off. After a few seconds, he shot up into the air, leaving his friends on the ground.

The wind rushed past his face as he climbed higher and higher into the air. Squinting his eyes, he fought past the air currents trying to push him down. Suddenly, he hit a strong downdraft that caused him to start plummeting towards the ground. He tried to fight the air currents, but each time he flew higher, the currents pushed him back down.

Getting frustrated, electricity began to surround his body. He did not know that this was happening, since he was trying to get past the downdrafts and climb higher. After what seemed like the 20th time getting pushed back down, he let out a loud roar of anger, and that was all the electricity surrounding him needed. He was suddenly surrounded in a ball of blue electricity, and he flew back up to try to get past the air currents once more. The ball surrounding him deflected the downdrafts as he climbed higher and higher into the air. Gritting his teeth, Freeze used one last push to break through the cloud barrier. As he did, the ball of electricity exploded off of him, and it blew away the clouds around him. Due to his new form, he could go higher up into the air than pegasi can, and looking down, he was in awe of the landscape below him.

“Wow,” he said, his breathing ragged due to the decrease in oxygen around him. “That’s actually pretty beautiful.” Hills and mountains dotted the ground below, while blue streams snaked their way around them. He could see Ponyville, Canterlot, and a few neighboring cities near them. After looking down for a few minutes, he decided that it was time to go back down. Angling himself downward, he began his descent.

Far below, the six mares who had went out with him were looking up into the sky with anticipation.

“Uh, shouldn’t he have come back down by now?” Rainbow asked.

“Just give him some time,” Applejack said. “He might be practicing some aerial man-whatchamacallits up there.”

“Aerial maneuvers,” Rainbow corrected her. “I’m not sure that’s what he’s doing up there, though. He barely knows the basics! What makes you think he can do anything else up there?”

“Um, I don’t know, but I think he’s coming down now!” Pinkie said, interrupting the two. Sure enough, they could see Freeze nosediving towards the ground. He was trying his best to pull up, but the air around him kept pushing him down.

“He’s going to crash!” Twilight yelled, before summoning her magic A magenta glow appeared around Freeze, with the intent of slowing him down. While he did start to slow down, it was not by much. He was still going too fast to land safely.

“It’s not working!” Rainbow yelled to Twilight. “Give it some more power!”

“I’m trying!” Twilight yelled back, gritting her teeth as she poured more magic into her spell. Beads of sweat began to fall down her face as she tried to keep her magical hold on Freeze. He kept falling, however, and was getting very close to the ground. At the last second, however, just when he was about to crash, he leveled himself with the ground. He was now flying parallel to the ground; straight towards the mares. In a split second before he hit them, Twilight cancelled her hold on Freeze and teleported herself and her friends a safe distance away. Meanwhile, Freeze dug his feet into the ground, which, because of the sudden stop, caused him to flip over and land on his back.

The crash that followed shook the ground like an earthquake had hit. After the rumbling subsided, Twilight and Rainbow quickly went up to him to see if he was alright.

“Hey Freeze, you alright?” Rainbow asked him. All she got for an answer was a loud groan, before he was suddenly surrounded by a blue light, changing back into his normal self. After transforming back, he sat up and rubbed his head.

“Ugh, that hurt..,” he said, before looking at his concerned friends. The others had caught up with Twilight and Rainbow, and looked at him with worry. “Hey, it’s alright, just a small headache from the crash. Nothing too big.” The mares sighed in relief.

“So, what happened?” Rainbow asked, walking up to him. “How did you managed to trap yourself in a nosedive?”

“No clue,” he answered. “But you should have seen the view from up there. It was really breathtaking.”

“…How high did you go?”

“Uh, past the clouds, why?” With that, Rainbow’s jaw dropped, surprised at what she had just heard.

“Wha- Past the clouds!?” she yelled. “Not even I can go that high! How did you survive up there?”

“I… I honestly don’t know. It might have been because I was a larger creature, so that meant that I could take in more oxygen or something.” He shrugged, before standing up and dusting himself off. “I do know one thing, though. I am definitely done for today.”

“Yeah, I think that little stunt you pulled up there can testify to that,” Twilight said. “We’ll stop here for today, and tomorrow we’ll try and practice some of your attacks.”

“Sounds good to me,” Freeze said.

“Past the clouds…” Rainbow said to herself, still shocked. The other laughed, before heading back to the castle for a well-deserved break.




“Yes! It’s finally finished!” Eggman said as he triumphantly stood in front of his new machine, a large smile on his face. Havoc walked up next to him, his eyes narrowed, before giving a small smirk.

“You really have done a fine job, doctor,” he said. “Are you sure this will be able to kill him, though?”

“But of course!” Eggman said. “It is outfitted with everything I could think of! Missiles, lasers, and a launchable tail! And, thanks to you, it has infinite ammunition! I can’t wait to see him cower to this! Hahahaha-Ack!” As he laughed, he began to go into a coughing fit. It stopped after a few seconds, but he was left bent over with his hands on his knees. “I think I’m getting too old for this,” he said quietly before standing up again.

“Don’t die on me, old man,” Havoc told him. “I need you for your help with the harmonic power. Speaking of which, now that you’re done with your robot, why don’t we discuss how we are going to extract the energy once we convert it.”

“That sounds like a good idea, but shouldn’t we see where it is first?”

“Good point. Wait here.” Havoc disappeared in a flash of light, before returning after a couple minutes. “Follow me,” he said to Eggman, before they left the room. They walked outside of the castle and across the bridge leading towards it. What was once a rickety old rope bridge was now a stone bridge with large torches at the entrance of it. After they crossed the bridge, Havoc looked to his left to find a set of stairs leading into the canyon below. Eggman hurried to follow him, but Havoc snapped his paw and they appeared at the bottom in an instant.

“Wow. I don’t think I’ll get used to that,” Eggman said, before following Havoc around a corner. They soon came to a large cavern that had a bright light shining out of it. The area around the cave was untouched by Havoc’s magic. Suddenly, Havoc stopped in his tracks, which caused Eggman to bump into him. Havoc did not seem to notice, however, and began to sniff the air.

“I sense it…,” he said. “And I don't like it. It reminds me of a power I felt thousands of years ago.” He stepped into the cave, and he and Eggman gasped at what they saw.

At the end of the cavern sat a glowing, crystalized tree. It had five branches on it, each one containing a gem at the end of it. The middle of the tree had a six-sided star on it, while the trunk had a sun symbol and a moon symbol on it. Eggman gazed at it in awe, while Havoc scowled.

“The Elements of Harmony,” he spat out. “So this was where they were kept.”

“Elements of what-now?” Eggman asked, confused.

“The Elements of Harmony were what turned me to stone thousands of years ago,” Havoc told him. “They are artifacts of pure harmony, which can be dangerous to creatures of chaos like me. This must be what he was talking about.”

“Who?”

“Never mind. The important thing is that we find out how to convert it.” Havoc began to sniff the air again, trying to find the small amount of dark energy that was described to him.

“Wait, but I thought you said whatever was in that portal can corrupt it,” Eggman said.

“Yes, but we need a starting point first,” Havoc replied. He soon stopped sniffing and dug into the ground. Beneath the dirt was a few, small dark objects that looked like seeds. “Perfect.”

“What’s perfect?” Eggman asked. Havoc removed one of the seed-like objects from the ground and showed it to him.

“This,” he began, “Is a plunder seed. It is designed to corrupt beings of harmony. The more harmonic energy there is, the more it will grow. My brother must have tried to used these when I made him become evil, but the Elements’ power must be too strong to let them mature.” He put the seed back into the ground a covered it back up. “The creature that I will summon will have enough power to make the seeds grow, and they will take over the Elements. Once that happens, we can extract the energy that it emits.”

“But why are we doing this?” Eggman asked. “Surely you have enough power already.”

“It is not for me,” Havoc answered. “Rather, it is for an acquaintance of mine.” He snapped his talon, teleporting the two back to Eggman’s workshop. “Now that I have seen where it is, we can teleport to it whenever we want. It will make things much easier for carrying supplies down to it.” He raised his talon again, getting ready to teleport. “Why don’t you go and test your new machine? Who knows, you may actually succeed in killing him.” With that, he snapped his talon and disappeared.

Eggman looked at where Havoc had been standing, before turning the his machine. A large grin grew on his face as he let out a small chuckle.

“Oh ho ho, this is going to be fun,” he said to himself as he rubbed his hands together in anticipation.”