• Published 16th May 2017
  • 3,323 Views, 84 Comments

My Brave Pony: Starfleet Magic Season I - DakariKingMykan



How it all began, the many adventures of the Space Ponies and their struggle against evil.

  • ...
117
 84
 3,323

Episode 25: Part 5: Borrowing Miracles

“Previously on Starfleet Magic”

Disaster struck both ways, as the team ran straight into Nightmare Moon and soon found themselves battling against Rhymey under the demon’s evil control. Meanwhile Unicornicopia was suddenly attacked by Discord, with his new demon-dragon powers, ripping through the planet like paper-cut-outs forcing everyone to evacuate immediately, but before our friends could depart themselves, Discord attacked the sky palace causing it to fall down on the city and burying the gang alive!


EPISODE TWENTY-FIVE

Rhymey’s sword was charging up, against his will. No matter how hard he tried to resist Nightmare’s control, he couldn’t stop her. “Destroy them! Destroy them now!” Nightmare growled.

“No! I won’t…!
Please, don’t!”

Suddenly Buddy Rose realized that Nightmare was staring directly at Rhymey during the entire battle, not even blinking her eyes once, meaning the spell only worked if she kept constant eye-contact. “I hate to do this Rhymey, but it has to be done.” He said, and he lunged forth and rammed Rhymey hard in the chest shoving him hard to the side and out of Nightmare’s view, and he quickly turned round and fired a magic pulse from his horn straight ta Nightmare’s eyes, shocking her for a split second enough to release Rhymey from her spell.

The others then helped Rhymey to his feet. “I’m so sorry, Rhymey.” said Buddy Rose, but Rhymey was grateful.

“All warriors must do the right thing,
I’m glad you did before my sword did swing.”

Nightmare, however, burst out laughing loud and wickedly. “You really think my power can be outmatched so easily?” she sniggered and she used her powers to lift everyone up high again, and smash them into one another like bumper balls while she laughed maliciously.

The poor Equestrians watched helplessly from the fortress until the guards whipped them and forced them back to slaving. “That’s it!” growled Spike “I can’t take another minute of this.” The others couldn’t either. While cleaning the floor all together, they whispered to one another about a plan that would probably. It was very risky and dangerous to try, but then again anything was better than being slaves and beaten up anyway.




Meanwhile, Discord was still thrashing about and breaking Unicornicopia to bits, and really felt he had seen the last of Celesto, Celestia, and all their followers… when in fact, underneath that massive mountain of rubble and wreckage, they were very much still alive.


Grand Ruler and Celestia had combined their powers together to form a barrier dome to keep the rubble above them. They were all now in a hollow about twenty feet in diameter. Everyone, except Lightning used their horns to cast glows of light in the darkness. They were safe for the moment, but they were most definitely trapped.

Celestia and Grand Ruler couldn’t use their powers to teleport everyone out as they needed to conserve all their magic for the barrier, plus there was far too much rubble to penetrate through. “Can’t we just blast our way out of here?” asked Starla. “Not a chance chica.” said Dyno. “Just the tiniest move will bring the whole thing down on our heads.” added Myte. “I don’t think it matters much.” said Lightning. He referred to the fact that the last portal went down with the palace, leaving everyone trapped on the planet. The worst part of all, the barrier wouldn’t last forever. All hope seemed pretty much gone, even his majesty couldn’t figure a way out of this one.

Starla was sitting by herself in a corner of the hollow. The expression on her face was enough to tell she had given up all hope. Lightning walked over to her, “Starla, are you scared?” he asked as he sat next to her. Starla nodded. “Yeah… I am.”

“Me too.” replied Lightning, and he wrapped his arm and hoof around her comfortingly. She smiled and rested up against him.

Grand Ruler felt terrible. It was all his fault they were trapped now. He gazed over at Celestia. “I’m sorry.” he said to her.

“Celesto…?”

“This is all my doing. I’ve only made things worse, and now I’ve gotten you involved to. I should have known better.”

Celestia understood how he was feeling, “Don’t let it get you down.” she said “You didn’t expect this any more than anyone did. You are still a great warrior, and you’ve done so much for your people.”

“The princess is right, master.” said Lightning “Besides, I still haven’t given up. We’ve been in tough spots before. We can find a way out of here.”

“Eh… I beg your pardon.” Professor Brain said “But perhaps may be a good time to explain to everyone about my secret project I have been working on.”

“At a time like this?” snapped Dyno “You should be thinking more of a way we can get out of here.” added Myte.

Brain tipped his glasses, “My dear fellows-- that is precisely what my project is in fact.” He cleared his throat and explained his project, which also explained the explosions that came from his house the past while. They were tests of rocket fuel and propellant, for he had, for many years, been construction a spaceship, and just a couple of days ago he was prepared to commission for a test flight, but the mission got in the way and he put it on hold.

“You’ve been building a spaceship?” Starla asked in disbelief

Brain nodded. “I had always theorized and visualized other means of traversing through dimensional space. By studying the effects of the teleportation rays it became sufficient in creating protective surfaces which should withstand the void. As for propulsion, it travels using the same source of magic as that of dimensional pathways. I am more than certain it should succeed.”

Everyone was still gazing at him with wide-eyes. “You’ve built a spaceship, as in a way for us to get off this planet?!” Lightning snapped.

“Yes…” replied Brain “Shall we say… quite a convenience?”

Hope started to shine everyone’s eyes, “Just one problem.” Starla pointed out “We trapped in here, and this whole place is going to cave in on our heads any minute.”

She was right! Celestia and Grand Ruler could feel the magic barrier getting weak, and Discord was still attacking causing more tremors which shook the whole planet. They didn’t even have to scan it to know it was going to explode soon. Another small tremor shook and Lightning fell flat on the ground, but strangely he could feel a soft breeze flying by his ear. He got up and put his hand over the area. “Lightning…? What’s wrong?” asked Starla.

“Put your hand here. There’s air coming through here.”

Everyone huddled around. “I feel it…” said Celestia.

Dyno sniffed the air “What is that I smell?” he asked. His brother sniffed too “It smells thick and damp.”

Everyone took a whiff, and came up with the explanation that they were standing directly over the sewer-passages under the street, and suddenly they all figured of tunneling under the ground and then follow the passage ways to Brain’s underground lab and hangar where his spaceship was standing ready. “But the ground, it’s too solid!” cried Starla “How can we dig through it.”

“Step aside. This is where we take over.” said Dyno. “Si, there’s no ground on this planet that the brothers La Guava can’t break through.”

Another tremor shook, and the barrier was growing weaker, and the rubble above it began to quiver and tiny chunks began to fall through. “Hurry boys! There isn’t much time!” said Grand Ruler.

The twins used their flame-powers to softly melt the rock in the ground until they had made a hole wide enough for everyone to slip through. “Let’s go!” snapped Lightning. One-by-One, everyone slipped through the hole into the tunnels below. Their majesties were the last ones to go, and that’s when the barrier gave way and the hollow collapsed under the mountain.

Now, that they were free, Celestia and Grand Ruler used their magic to teleport everyone to an area just below where Greenland once stood. Brain’s house and laboratory, and everything he had above ground had been demolished, but his secret underground lab was still intact, and there stood his newly completed spaceship. A typical rocket, but big enough for them all to fit inside.

“Well, everyone… eh… what do you think?” Brain asked.

No one said a thing, but they hastily boarded and through Brain’s instructions they began to activate the ship’s power. “Stand by for takeoff.” Brain said “Opening roof hatch!”

As the rocket engine warmed up, the whole platform began to rise up through the tunnel overhead, and the ground outside slide open as the rocket went into place. Then the ramp tilted it until it was pointing skyward. Brain took his place at the controls, and everyone strapped in tightly. “Ready everyone?” asked Brain, and everyone shouted “READY!!”

Three, two, one… they blasted off! “It’s working!” cried Celestia.

“We’re really flying.” added Lightning.

“Satisfactory! Most-most-most satisfactory!” cried Brian, but as suddenly the rocket stopped so suddenly as Discord had grabbed it. “Well, well… what have we here?” he asked teasingly as he gazed inside the ship, and he was rather impressed that everyone had survived the collapse of the city. “And you have a new toy for me to play with too? Aw, you shouldn’t have.” He rattled the ship violently shaking everyone inside. Then he drew in a huge breath, ready to blast the ship to ashes. “He’s going to fire on us!” cried Starla.

“Not quite!” snapped Brain, and he flipped a switch which raised a large shielding plate over the front of the ship, blocking Discord’s fiery breath. “Mm, you’re more resourceful than I thought.” hissed Discord, and he rattled the ship again. “I think… I’m going… to be sick!” groaned Dyno. “We’ve got to get out of here!” cried Myte.

“I’m giving it all I’ve got!” cried Brain “The thrusters are not powerful enough!”

“We need to break free from his grip!” said Celestia.

Lightning had an idea and he got out the rainbow rod and headed for the back of the ship where the hatch was. “Open the hatch!” he shouted. “Lightning, what are doing?” shouted Grand Ruler “Saving us, that’s what!” replied Lightning and as soon as the hatch was open, Lightning got a good view of Discord’s huge, ugly face and fire the spectrum stream and uniforce at the same time, straight at the dragon’s face, but Discord was still too strong and he hardly felt the blasts at all. He laughed at Lightning’s feeble attempts. “Don’t you ever learn? That stuff doesn’t work on me.” and he rattled she ship some more, and Lightning almost fell out.

“It’s been fun really…” said Discord “…But I’m afraid it’s time we crushed this problem down to size.” And he began to slowly put pressure on the ship. It was a lot stronger than it looked, but Professor Brain was very worried “Outside Pressure increasing. We won’t last much longer!”

Grand Ruler leapt out of his seat and joined Lightning at the hatch and blasted Discord with the uniforce himself. His force combined with Lightning added more power, but still just not quite enough. “We’re almost out!” cried Brain “We just need a little more thrust!” but Grand Ruler and Lightning were already giving it all they had. They could give no more.

Most of the others couldn’t leave their posts, and their attacks wouldn’t give them the thrust they needed. Discord continued to laugh. “I can’t remember the last time I had so much fun.” He mocked. He continued to laugh so much that Celestia was growing very annoyed. “No, I won’t let this happen!” she shouted and joined the men at the hatch, and blasted Discord herself, but even still it wasn’t quite enough.

“Really, Princess…?” Discord mocked “Can’t you do better than that!”

“Don’t give up!” shouted Grand Ruler, and he held out his hand for her hoof. She nodded and placed her hoof in his hand, and all at once, they both began to glow a mystical white light. “What’s happening?” asked Lightning. The others gazed in awe, and even Discord was shocked. “Hey! What’s going on?”

Their majesties couldn’t understand it themselves, but they both began to feel extremely powerful. “Discord…!” Grand Ruler snarled, “Release us at once!” added Celestia, and they both fired a combined burst for magic through their horns right at his face. The dragon roared in pain and released the ship as the magic seemed to cast all over his body, at the same time their majesties stopped glowing, while Discord fell down, down, down towards the burning surface below, landing with a huge crash!

The ponies quickly dashed back to their seats. “Dock the hatch and get us out of here!” shouted Grand Ruler.

“Yes sir!” cried Brain, and he fired the thrusters and the ship soared up, up, and out into space, as the planet began to flare and break up. “Hang on!” shouted Lightning.

The ship soared far out of range as the planet behind them glowed in a fiery blaze and exploded in one thunderous bang! The force of the explosion rocked the ship softly, and then all was quiet.

Everyone gazed out the back at the now empty section of space where the bright of the explosion was fading leaving only a cloud of dust.

“…My beautiful empire!” Grand Ruler sighed in the softest and deepest of heartache. He rested his head softly against the glass. Celestia comforted him.

A tear rolled down Starla’s cheek. “Our home.” she cried. Dyno and Myte held each other trying to be brave, but Lightning felt it the worst. He just lost his entire world for a second time! He clenched his fists struggling to get a hold of himself. At least Discord was destroyed, and they all still had a chance, but they still had a job to do.

“Set course for Equetsria.” Grand Ruler suddenly said “We’re going in!”

Nobody disagreed with that idea at all, and they went on their way. The ship would take an hour to reach its destination, but they would make it… if the planet was still there.





Meanwhile, Nightmare had been bashing the team against each other for a while now, and they were all looking very badly beat up, but all she did was laugh at them and slam them down hard on the ground. “I think that’s enough.” she said.

The gang was all bruised and their armors were dented and busted up. The Starfleet fighter’s suits had run out of energy and powered down. “Now… the question is who I shall destroy first?” Nightmare wondered aloud. She was so busy that she didn’t notice what was happening in her fortress, but Twilight could see it, though she gave no hints, and this gave her a little idea of her own.

Twilight’s friends were ready to spring their plan. Some of the others were just playing it cool and continuing to slave, while the rest were hiding behind a doorway. The only two guards in the chamber heard someone screaming for help and dashed to the doorway to see what was wrong, but as they crossed through the door, “Now!” shouted Rainbow as she and her friends pulled on their chains and raised them like tripping wires. The guards fell over and down the flight of stairs ahead of them and crashed at the bottom out cold.

“YE-HA!” cried Applejack “Like beatin’ a dead horse.” Now that the guards weren’t watching anymore, nothing could stop them leaving through the front door and head straight down to help the others, but they were still chained up and bound with irons. They still had no wings or powers. Only the Elements of Harmony would be able to break the spell, but Nightmare still had them on her, and Twilight was still out there, without her the elements wouldn’t work.

“There’s no way we can get down there like this.” cried Pinkie Pie “It’s no good! We’re done for. DONE FOR I TELL YA!” Rarity and Rainbow Dash tacked her to the ground to keep her from shouting too loud. “Keep it down, Pinkie!” snapped Rainbow.

Applejack already had an idea. “If we can’t get close to the elements, I’ll get them to us.” and before anyone asked how she intended to do that, she grabbed a long and loose chain that was on the floor in her teeth and began to whirl it like a lasso. The spell didn’t affect her natural strength and talents.

Nightmare, not realizing this at all, decided to wipe out all five of the fallen warriors at once, but right as she was about to do so. She felt the treasure-chest being ensnared and yanked off her. “What?!” she exclaimed as she saw the chest being pulled into the fortress by a chain. “No!” she cried, and that’s when Twilight, now out of Nightmare’s sights, saw her chance. She bolted upright and dashed inside the fortress to get to her friends quickly.

Suddenly, a bright flash of light shone through the windows, and Twilight and her friends all dashed outside, out of their chains, with their wings and magic, and each wearing their respective element of harmony. “What’s the matter Nightmare?” mocked Twilight “Are we breaking the rules?”

Nightmare growled angrily. “You cursed twits!”

Luna, and the Starfleet fighters were impressed, and Rhymey, though still a little weak and sore, looked up and saw Fluttershy. She gazed back at him and smiled warmly. Then she gazed back angrily at Nightmare who was glaring at them all angrily.

Things were about to get far more intense.



The ship was soon nearing its destination, but still, everyone was contemplating the events that happened between their majesties. “I’ve never known such power.” cried Celestia “It was almost frightening.”

Grand Ruler couldn’t understand it either. “It happened when we touched each other.” He said and softy held her hoof in his hand again, but they felt nothing. It was so strange.

Still, everyone had to strap down for landing. “Steady on.” said Brain as he skillfully steered the ship. “We’re almost there.” said Lightning “I hope everyone’s okay.”

“So do I.” agreed Starla.

Grand Ruler pounded his hand wish his fist “Do what you all can to help the others, but remember… Nightmare Moon is mine! I have an old score to settle with her! She killed my parents! She threw me out into space! She's endangered our friends and ways of life, and now... she will pay!"

Celestia couldn’t wait to see Nightmare Moon get her well deserved comeuppance as well.




Nightmare was still glaring at her enemies, but her anger slowly turned into evil laughter. “What is she laughing about now? Seriously, it’s driving me crazy!” snapped Spike

“I guess I should commend you for being able to outsmart my newest spells.” said Nightmare “But you haven’t won anything, not yet!” That’s when she whistled loud and summoned a large portion of her vast armada of shadowbolts, as well as Titan’s minions, who had long since returned from Unicornicopia, dropped down by her side.

“Oh, boy!” cried Buddy Rose. The others didn’t know what to do or say. There was no way they could fight off such an armada. Rep-Stallion licked the blade of his scythe “Oh, this is going to feel so good!” he chuckled.

“Mm… I’ve waited long for this.” hissed Dementia.

“Prepare for your doom!” added Mysterious

As the vast fleet began to power up and read to fire and all the teammates exchanged goodbyes and such, Nightmare was struck hard by a powerful ray of magic. “What?!” she growled as she turned round and saw more powerful waves wiping out a large portion of her fleet. Then she saw the cause of it…

“Hey!” Lightning shouted!

The Starfleet fighters, and Twilight and friends were overjoyed to see all their friends, and the princess safe had made it to the planet but the minions were shocked out of their minds, but Nightmare was the most surprised when she saw Grand Ruler step forward and glaring at her angrily!

“…You!!”

“Celesto?! It cannot be!” cried Nightmare “I banished you into space. You should have perished!”

“You will soon be wishing I HAD!!” and he shot at her hard again before lunging at her, roaring like a beast, and began to mercilessly attack her and fending off her attacks against him. It was almost too frightening to watch. “…Now’s our chance.” Lightning said as Starla and the Twins stood by his side, all of them holding the star stones, and they were rejoined by Buddy Rose Artie and Rhymey. The used the stones to reenergize themselves, and heal Princess Luna and Twilight, and also super energized the Elements of Harmony, causing them to glow and shimmer the brightest ever.

“Let’s do it!” said Lightning, and they all transformed.

“STARFLEET MAGIC!!”

Twilight’s friends gazed in awe. “Incredible.” said Rarity.

“Too cool!” added Rainbow.

Lightning and his friends stood together brave and tall, and Lightning recited the official Starfleet oath of honor.

“Guardians of the universe,
United we stand
To punish all evil,
And protect what is grand!”

Lightning: “Power of Believing!”

Starla: “Power of Space!”

Buddy Rose: “Power of Flora!”

Artie: “Power of Art!”

Rhymey: “I summon within… Power of Wind!”

Dyno & Myte: “Power of Fire!”

Titan’s minions were livid and promised this would be absolute, totally final fight for them all. “You’re only half right!” Lightning said “It’s going to be the final fight… for you guys!”

The minions didn’t notice Twilight and her friends were sneaking up from behind them with the Elements of Harmony at the ready. They waited, and waited. “NOW, TWILIGHT!!” shouted Lightning. The minions turned round just in time as Twilight and friends blasted them hard, ensnaring the minions in magical bindings that damaged them severely. “It’s working!” cried Twilight.

“Right, our turn…” Lightning said as he, and some of his friends held up the four star stones. “Mysterious, Rep-Stallion, Dementia... THIS IS GOODBYE!! Lightning shouted “FULL POWER!!” and the star stones unleashed another powerful magical wave.

The minions could feel the three forces of the elements the princesses and the star stones begin to pierce through their bodies and destroying the magic within them. “The magic…!” shouted Mysterious. “No! We can’t lose it…!” cried Rep-Stallion “Without the magic… we’ll… WE’LL--” before Dementia could finish, the power forces had ceased. The minions just stood where they were, and without the magic to keep their bodies whole and stable, they all disintegrated into three little piles of ash, as what they were made of.

Rarity almost felt like passing out, not just in astonishment but near heart-struck that she and her friends had just took the life from three creatures, but Lightning reminded them that they did the right thing. “Besides…” Professor Brain interjected “They were made of corpses and graveyard ashes, and had no hearts or actual souls. They were merely artificial beings cursed with magic for life-force. So technically, we’re they really all that much…er… alive to consider?”

Twilight and friends understood, and knew it was right to finish them off.

Suddenly, they heard a loud explosion and turned their attention to Nightmare who was still suffering such harsh and cruel beatings from Grand Ruler. Finally, after a hard kick to her chest, and crashing to the ground. Nightmare realized “I need more power!” and she stood up tall and summoned all the remaining shadowbolts of her massive fleet and cast them back into her body to increase her strength, as well as expand her body in size. She as at least three times the size of Grand Ruler.

He couldn’t believe this, and Nightmare bashed him hard with her fist sending him crashing right through three stone-walls, shattering them all to rubble. “Master!” cried Lightning as he and all the others dashed to his side. Twilight’s friends felt awed being in the presence of a real tri-horned alicorn. Twilight assured them he was on their side.

“Are you alright?” Celestia asked. Grand Ruler felt woozy. “She’s more powerful than ever now, but I’m sure we just about finish her off together!”

The giant Nightmare stomped her way towards the team shouting “Now you will all perish!”

“That’s what you think!” Lightning snarled as he stepped at the front of the team. Twilight stepped up as well. “You won’t stand against all we’ve set up against you, Nightmare Moon!”

The others all agreed and scattered about completely surrounding her form all ends, and then used the power of the elements and the star stones to summon magical streams that grabbed the evil demon and held her down to hold her down. She struggled and thrashed about trying to break free, but she couldn’t, and her magic didn’t work either. “What is this magic?! “Release me!!”

The others struggled to hold her down. It was time to put an end to Nightmare’s evil forever. “Is everyone ready?” Grand Ruler asked. Everyone nodded they all charged up every last ounce of power they had in them, the star stones, and the elements, and blasted the evil demon from all directions. Nightmare screeched the loudest and most painful screech every as her body began to flare up and vaporize.

Luna was especially delighted to be a part of this moment-- to vanquish her evil side forever! “THOU SHALT NOT RETURN AGAIN!!” Luna called out Nightmare’s glowing body, rose up into the skies. Grand Ruler powered up his energy for one final attack. “So long, Nightmare!” he shouted as he fired.

Nightmare gasped as the large blast came at her. “G’ah…?! NOOOOOO!!” she screamed as the blast hit her, and she vanished in a large explosion, and with her destruction all the magic chains vanished. The slaves were all free, and the prisoners were all released. The wings, horns and magic returned as well.

Everyone leapt for joy and cheered over their win, but the planet still shook violently, and the red stormy skies grew black with even more darkness.

“Oh, no…! What now?” cried Twilight. Nobody knew what was coming, until those two large red eyes appeared in the darkened area of the skies followed by a sinister laughter, and a voice hissing “I have returned!”

To Be Continued…!


(Promo)

In our final episode, the ponies are in for the greatest shock to realize that Titan has returned, more powerful than ever, and quickly turn the tables on everyone, reducing their hopes and resources to dust. To make matters worse, he absorbs the powers of Grand Ruler and Celestia and becomes more powerful than before-- strong enough to put the entire dimensional universe in grave jeopardy.

How can the friends save themselves out of this one, and how can they possibly hope to stand up to Titan now?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “Final Part: What Believing Means”)