• Published 16th May 2017
  • 3,310 Views, 84 Comments

My Brave Pony: Starfleet Magic Season I - DakariKingMykan



How it all began, the many adventures of the Space Ponies and their struggle against evil.

  • ...
117
 84
 3,310

Episode 1: Evil's Return: Part 1

EPISODE ONE

There were many different countries, cities, and other places on the planet of Unicornicopia; and the world’s main populace consisted entirely of alicorns, genetically altered giving them human-like bodies; Space Alicorns. There wer eno Earth Ponies, no Pegasi, not even regular Unicorns... Just alicorns

Each and every one of the alicorns had their own specific ID-Code printed on their clothing near the insignia like Lightning had; sort of like having a citizen number or a alternate name to make you identifiable.

The alicorns themselves usually went on with their daily normal lives-- Children went to school, and played with friends, while the adults had jobs and things to do. Some ponies wore outfits like Lightning did, but others wore casual clothing; all a matter of choice. Some even wore an armor vest under their casual clothes.

The planet itself was also a tightly control police state, but a benevolent one and not tyrannical. The streets were always kept clean. Petty or harsh crimes would not be tolerated and subjected to small sentences-- a week of community service, or a night in small prisons, things like that.

Then there were VERY serious crimes that usually were handled by trial, but that was hardly the point.

Still, it wasn't a bad place to live at all. Many places to go, much to do, low taxes, and highly advanced forms of technology to help make life easier, and the environment was always kept a nice 75 degress, not to hot, not too cold. so it was practically like Springtime all yearlong.


Lightning was settling into his new house in White Village-- a quiet, soft suburban area, with white houses and simple roofs, but just because it was called "White Village" did not at all mean that only white ponies lived there. All the countries and villages of sorts were named after colors, but many different alicorns of many different colors and sizes. There were no restrictions of where they could chose to live.



Lightning just finished unpacking his things, with Krysta’s help. Even though Krysta was small, about seven inches tall, she was able to lift up to 3000 times her own weight. Since she weighed 4 whole ounces, she was able to lift upwards of 750 pounds!

Lightning’s house was built on the Grand Ruler’s orders to have a special, smaller house built for Krysta, like a mouse-hole near Lightning’s bed. Just perfect for one her size.

“Well, that’s all of it.” Lightning said, but as tired as he felt this was no time for them to rest, as he remembered his instructions from the Grand Ruler before they left the palace…

“The time has come for you to socialize with others who are more like you. Once you settle into your new home, I want you to venture out and meet some of the populace. They have all been notified of your arrival and are anxious to meet you. It will help you get off a fine beginning.

Good luck my student.”

So, Lightning and Krysta were off. Krysta couldn’t fly as fast as Lightning so she simply sat on his head and held onto his golden horn.

Soon, they arrived at their destination. The central town at the very center of the kingdom was Rainbow City Central, the biggest and busiest city in the entire dimension. Tall buildings, and business places were all around, and many, many unicorns were all going about their business, going to work and walking their children to school.

Krysta and Lightning couldn’t stop admiring the view, but they didn’t know where to stop first to talk to anyone or what to do for that matter. As they walked through a quiet area of the city, where there wasn’t as much noise, they suddenly spotted a large garden with all kinds of plants, vegetables, and beautiful flowers. “Wow!” exclaimed Lightning as he gazed at the lovely flowers. “Double wow!” added Krysta as she fluttered around sniffing the many sensational smells. “Mmm…! Smells like… like…” But then her little nose began to twitch, “Ah… Ah…!”

“Krysta…?” cried Lightning “Krysta, No!” but Krysta had already sneezed “AH-CHOO…!” and even though she was just a little fairy, that single sneeze caused the flower she sniffed to keel over and lose all its petals. “Oh! Oh my!” cried Krysta.


That’s when a red alicorn came dashing over. “Oh, no…! Not again?” he groaned as he gently began to scoop the fallen flower into a pot. Krysta apologized but the red unicorn said it wasn’t her fault. “They're called Keelilies, they have a tendancey to keel over whenever anyone sneezes near them. Not to worry, I can fix it. There’s no finer gardener than me on this planet.”

Lightning was amazed. “You mean, you grew all this?” he asked.

The other alicorn nodded, “My name’s Buddy Rose; Code-Number: FT5H. I’m the caretaker of the community garden. I can handle any flower, tree, weed-- anything that grows.” and sure enough, in no time at all, the flower Krysta had ruined was standing upright again, and Buddy didn’t seem to use any form of magic but rather ordinary gardening. “Huh!” remarked Lightning. “That’s amazing. Oh, by the way… I’m…”

“Lightning Dawn…? I know...” said Buddy “His majesty, the Grand Ruler, told everyone to expect you.”

“He did?” Lightning asked, and Buddy Rose explained that his majesty wanted to ensure Lightning's first day be a pleasant one. So he notified others to expect him, but not to treat him strangely. "We were all strangers ourselves once, and we know what it feels like to come to someplace new."

Suddenly, Buddy remembered an errand he had quite forgotten to do, but he still had far too many planets to look after desperately. “Oh I’m sorry to impose, but could you do me a really big favor?”

"Um... sure... I guess." said Lightning, and he was given a medium-sized crate of vegetables.

“Could you take these to the Rainbow Dish Inn, when you go through town, please?”

"Uh... sure... I'll do that."

Buddy smiled “Thank you so much, and it was nice meeting you." then he went off to tend to his other plants.

“Well… that went well.” joked Krysta.




Lightning had to carry that crate all over and got a lost a few times. Even though his great strength from his training allowed him to lift it up with ease, lugging it around for a while did lead to weariness.

“I should’ve asked for directions first.” he groaned. Though he had studied maps of Unicornicopia and all of it's sights and locations, he had only seen so much on field-trips with his mentor, and therefore he didn't really know his way that well around.

“Why don’t you sit and rest?” Krysta suggested. “Good idea!” Lightning panted and slumped down on a bench by a fountain, almost dropping the basket. “Oh! My arms are so tired..!” It was times like this Lightning hated the fact he couldn’t do magic as it meant he couldn’t simply levitate the basket to carry it more easily, but then again that would be an insult to why he had arms and hands at all.

“Excuse me…?” someone said. The voice belonged to an orange alicorn, wearing a red artist’s hat, just up ahead who was painting on a canvas. “…You kind of walked into the way of the scenery.”

“Ugh!” groaned Lightning, but then the other pony caught the sight of Krysta. “Is that a…fairy…?” His eyes lit up like the sun. “Hold still, please!” he said with excitement. Krysta felt confused, but did as she was told, and in almost no time the artist showed her and Lightning his painting. “I shall call it Fairy in the Park.”

Krysta thought it was incredible. It looked so real almost as if she was staring into a mirror. Lightning thought the same thing. “Who are you anyway?” he then asked.

The alicorn introduced himself as Artie Bristles; Code-number: HV7J. He was a fine artist who loved to paint, draw, and sculpt; some even said he could turn anything at all into a work of art, even garbage. “You should come to my art gallery sometime, both of you.”

Krysta’s eyes lit up, “We’d love to.” She said.

“Yes… but we have an errand to.” Lightning quickly said as he scooped Krysta in his right wing “Let’s go, Krysta!” and he ran off with the basket of vegetables, much to Artie’s confusion, but he couldn’t wait to tell all his viewers that he had just seen and painted a real-live fairy.

Krysta thought that was rude of Lightning. But Lightning thought Artie was a little too eccentric, especially how the way he acted as if he had never seen a fairy before, but that was pretty much the case as Krysta was the only fairy on the entire planet, but that wasn’t important now.

As they turned round the next corner…CRASH!! The vegetables were everywhere. Lightning felt the whole world spinning. “What hit me?” he groaned.

He got up and saw a yellow alicorn that didn’t see them as he turned the corner and ran right into them. He apologized to Lightning and Krysta… in rhyme.

“I’m very sorry to have run into you.
That was a very silly thing to do.”

Lightning apologized too, as he should have watched where he was going. He then offered to help them both pick up the vegetables and put them back in the basket.

“I’ll help you as part of my task.”
Say! Are you Lightning Dawn, may I ask?”

“Uh… yes… I am….” answered Lightning “And this is my friend Krysta.”

"Hi..."

The other pony bowed in greeting

“My name is X-L-7-Zed.
But everyone just calls me Rhymey.
I’m very pleased to meet you two,
I love when I meet someone new.”

Lightning and Krysta could hardly believe the way he was talking so perfectly in rhyme.

“Um… do you always talk that way,
and rhyme no matter what you say?” asked Lightning, only to quickly realize he had rhymed juts liked them. “I mean… rhyme all the time?” he did it again.

Rhymey chuckled and said…

“I love to make rhymes, you see…
And I love to sing and hear poetry

My whole family speaks this way
It’s our passion to rhyme what we say

My café, "Rhyme Time" is where I usually stay
But I had few errands to run today.”

Krysta and Lighting never knew anyone who spoke in rhyme before, but it seemed okay to them. It was just his special way of talking and there was nothing wrong with it a bit. They thought it was sort of neat.

“I hope that again we may chat.
But I’m busy now, and I must scat.”

Then he flew off leaving a much confused but amazed Krysta and Lightning. “Wow! He’s pretty good with rhymes.” said Krysta.

“I wonder what he’ll say the next time.” added Lightning. Then he and Krysta realized they both just made a rhyme, again, and they were both felt Rhymey’s speech pattern was starting to affect them.

Nevertheless, they carried on with their errand.

and soon they found the place they were looking for, a restaurant with a sign with a picture of a blue alicorn wearing a chef’s outfit that read “Cookie Dough’s Rainbow Dish Inn.”

Lightning felt so relieved and couldn’t wait to get rid of the basket of vegetables he had been holding for a while, especially combined with all the movie he had done that day.

Since the Space Alicorns had human-like bodies this meant they required more proper sustenance unlike normal ponies. They had to eat meats and fish, as well as grains, fruits, vegetables, dairy, and all the rest of it to.

The restaurant was very busy. Alicorns were everywhere; some who looked as if they had already eaten were ordering seconds or just stuffing their faces with more food like an obsession. “They must’ve been really been hungry.” said Krysta. Then, as she sniffed the air, she could tell why. The smell of so many wonderful foods… “Oh! Oh my…! It smells so good.”

“Krysta, this is no time to be thinking about food.” snapped Lightning, but then his stomach growled. He had quite forgotten that he hadn’t eaten lunch what with all the moving and distractions he had been having. “On the other hand…” he said.

Just then, the big doors to the kitchen opened and several waiters and waitresses came out holding tureens and trays of delicious hot foods, fresh tossed salads, fruits and pastries, meats and then… all the customers rose out of their seats and applauded as the head chef came out.

It was that same blue alicorn from the sign on the restaurant. He wore a white chef’s hat, apron, and his code-number was BP1D, yet everyone cheered “Hail Cookie Dough! Hail Cookie Dough!”

Cookie Dough graciously reciprocated the applause and cheers from the customers. “Honored guests… Your admiration of my humble fare is most appreciated. It fills my heart with joy to fill your stomachs with delight. Eat hearty, everyone!”

The customers all cheered and continued to feast, but Lightning followed Cookie Dough into the kitchen. “Um… excuse me?” he asked. Cookie Dough turned round, “Oh! You must be the new delivery boy, just set those vegetables down over there in the corner.”

Lightning did as he was told but then said, “Actually, I’m Lightning Dawn.”

Cookie Dough turned round again in near shock. “Uh…you mean The Lightning Dawn, the Grand Ruler’s personal apprentice?”

Lightning blinked once “Yes…” and then his stomach gurgled again. Cookie Dough hated the sound of stomachs growling in hunger. “Oh my, I won’t have this, not in my restaurant.” he said and before Lightning knew it, Cookie Dough had given him and Krysta a special table right there in the kitchen and the two watched him skillfully mix, mash, slice, and chop up all the foods he would use to cook with into a perfect meal for them both. It was almost hypnotic to watch.

Lightning was served with a well grilled, juicy rare steak a lovely baked potato, with a small pile of peas and carrots on the side, and Krysta had the same kind of meal, only since she was smaller, her food was smaller.

“So, you’re a cook, obviously?” asked Krysta.

Cookie Dough shook his head and explained “To me, a cook is just isn't strong enough. I happen to be, if you will, an award wining master chef. You see, a cook feeds the stomach, while a chef nourishes the soul and educates the taste buds, but try the food, you’ll love it.”

Not wanting to be rude, Lightning and Krysta took a little nibble from their steaks, and their taste buds went crazy. It tasted so incredibly wonderful; they just had to keep eating until not a morsel was left on their plates, and by the time they were both finished they felt as if they could hardly move. It was no surprise that was what Cookie Dough was famous for. He could satisfy the appetite of anyone, even if they weren’t even hungry, customers just begged to have a single sample of his finest cooking.

Before Lightning and Krysta left, Cookie gave them an invitation he was meant to hand to them upon their arrival. It was an invitation to the town library and observatory, but exactly why or what for, it didn’t say.

So they decided to head straight over, following the directions on the invitation, but as they went they passed by the hospital and someone called out. “You there…! Hold it!”

Lightning turned and saw a white alicorn with a pink mane, wearing a doctor’s coat and a medial-cap approaching him. Her ID was DR3F, but everyone knew her as Dr. Penny Sillon. “Are you Lightning Dawn?” she asked.

“Yes, I am…” said Lightning.

“Thought so, come with me please.” replied Dr. Penny as she dragged Lightning into the hospital, much to his protest. “Hey! What are you?”

Penny had also been told of Lightning’s arrival, but what Lightning hadn’t been told before leaving was he was to report to Penny for a physical. It was his orders that every new comer to Unicornicopa had to have one, and that’s exactly what Lightning went through.

Lightning had a normal physical, all A-Okay, but Penny also wanted test out how strong and how fast he really was. So she put Lightning on a treadmill to see how fast he could run, or flutter with weights on his back to see how much he could lift, but when it came to the magic-test, which was like having a blood test only different, Penny was most surprised. “What? You don’t have any magic at all?”

“That’s right, I can’t do magic.” said Lightning “Yet I’m fit as a fiddle, healthy and keen-- Can I go now?”

Penny saw no reason why he couldn’t, but she wondered something else, about Lightning’s golden horn and she began to wonder if maybe he was capable of something more.

Lightning was getting tired of running into so many new faces everywhere he went. “Couldn’t I have just met them all in one place?” he asked “I’m getting tired, and I would like some time to myself at least.”

“Oh, come on, Lightning.” Krysta reminded him, “You’re still getting know the place, and that’s what Grand Ruler said, right?”

Lightning knew she was right, and so they continued on their way through town, and finally reached the library. “This must be it.” He said as they ventured inside, only to find everything was all dark. They couldn’t’ see anything, even when Krysta used her glow to make a little light. “This is getting creepy.” she shuttered.

Lightning felt the same, and he got a sick feeling that they weren’t alone. Then, all at once, the lights went on followed by the voices of many yelling “SURPRISE…!”

Balloons and decorations were everywhere as confetti fell from the ceiling, and big banner that read, “Welcome Lightning Dawn”

The head of this party was the librarian, Inquerius. Her number was ES4G. She was a grey Alicorn, and wore half-moon spectacles. “Are you surprised, Lightning?” she asked.

Lightning was almost speechless. “I… uh… this… buh…?” before he could say anything else, all the unicorns approached him introducing themselves, and offering him some refreshments, or to join a game, or even dance. “I think I’ll just have some punch please.” cried Lightning, who really needed to cool off from all the sudden buzz and excitement.

So much had already happened to him that day he hardly ever had anytime to himself or to rest, and every time he tried to excuse himself he would bump into another unicorn and find himself unable to get away. “Krysta…! Help…!” he begged, but Krysta was a little preoccupied by her own fan-crowd of spectators who were amazed to see an actual fairy.

Then suddenly, all went dark, and the stage curtains at the back of the party lit up for the entertainment was about to begin. “And now everyone…” the announcer called, “The mystifying magic of… Abra-Kadabra…!”

POOF! A puff of purple smoke puffed and then, as if out of nowhere, appeared a purple alicorn, wearing a magician’s outfit, hat and cape, and his number was CQ2E, sewn on his tuxedo. His actual name was Abraham, but every preferred to call him by his stage name, to which he preferred as well.

“Thank you! Thank you!” he said with a kind English accent, to the cheering crowd. “And now… if I may have a volunteer to help me with my first fantastic trick, please.”

Since Lightning was the guest of honor, you can bet the crowd was urging him to go, shoving him up on stage despite his protests. “Well, Lightning Dawn-- how wonderful I am to meet you.” said Abra.

“Yeah…! Charmed…” said Lightning.

The first trick was the old magic-box. Lightning stepped in. The door was shut. Abra tapped each his hooves twice. The door opened, and Lightning was gone. “Ooh…!” went the crowd and Abra then took of his hat, and gave it a tap, and plop. “Ah…!” Lightning fell out of it and onto the stage. The crowd cheered for both Abra and Lightning.

It was a good thing that, after which, everyone was so preoccupied watching the show and the entertainment, that Lightning and Krysta could finally slip off deeper into the library to have to quiet time instead of having to talk to someone new every ten seconds.

I’m going to go book browsing. Krysta said. “Want some company?” Lightning offered. “No thanks. I’ll be okay.” replied Krysta as she flew off. Lightning had a good idea of what Krysta was looking for and he hoped that she would find it.

Lightning could only sigh, and then he turned to gaze out a window. The night has certainly come quickly, but then again he did have a very busy day so the time just flew by.

Lightning knew this was Grand Ruler’s doing, he always brought in the most beautiful nights, but Lightning’s daydreaming was interrupted when a book fell down and landed right beside him.

“Huh?”

It was an ordinary book on astronomy. “Is anyone down there…?” called a feminine voice from up a spiral flight of stairs. “Yes…?” Lightning called “Is this your book?”

“Yes! Could you bring it up please?”

Lightning flew up to the top instead of climbing the stairs, and emerged in the observatory on top of the library, which was rather only but a single room, much like an attic.

“Oh, thank you so much.” said the voice.

Lightning turned round and saw the voice belonged to be the most… beautiful alicorn he had ever seen! She was white, and had a voluminous violet sparkling mane, long eyelashes which glittered when she blinked; her armor sparkled like the very stars themselves. She was looking through her telescope, up at the night sky. Lightning felt all strange and soft inside. “I, uh… I didn’t see you at the party.” Lightning said

“Oh, I didn’t feel like it. I just can’t stop looking up at the stars.” said the young mare.

“Um… what’s your name?” asked Lightning.

The unicorn looked at him and spoke softly. “My name’s Starla-- Starla Shine; ID-Code: KY1M. Who are you?”

He hesitated for a minute as he found himself lost in Starla’s eyes, “I’m Lightning Dawn; Code: AO0C.”

“Lightning…” Starla said softly "That's a cool name."

The two of them seemed to get along well for having just met. Starla explained she loved to look at the stars because to her they were just so mystical and held many secrets, almost like they could tell you a story or give advice.

She kept all her sightings in a notebook she had with her and showed Lightning all the many constellations and outer systems she had discovered, some that even dated back to the time when The Grand Ruler fought off the evil sorcerer one-thousand years ago and sealing him away. “Lately I’ve been trying to discover more constellations or something new.” Starla said

“Well, what’s out there tonight?” asked Lighting. Starla took a peek through her telescope. At first she saw nothing but the same old stars, but then. “Wait a minute… what is that?” She spotted a strange sort of light, but it defiantly wasn’t a star. It looked as if it was moving.

Lightning could soon see it with his own eyes. “Whatever it is… I think it’s coming right this way.” Suddenly, there was large tremor followed by strikes of dark lightning, with a very loud and a sinister laughing sound!

“What’s happening?” cried Lightning. “Oh!” cried Starla. They could hear the other ponies screaming down below and dashed down to see what was going on. “Lightning!” called Krysta “What’s going on…?”

“Can this be…?” cried Inquerius “Are the rumors true…?” The doors flew open letting strong winds into the place as the windows shattered. Everyone was running about in panic as a large flash of lightning and big roar of thunder rumbled.

Then… there… on the stage… appeared a tall human-shaped figure dressed in dark robes, shoulder-guards, and a dark hood atop completely concealing his face within its shadows-- except his eyes, his red and evil eyes glowing in the darkness within the hood.

Lightning could barely speak as he just stood there, gawking at the evil creature as it spoke. “I… am… Titan! Lord and master of all darkness, and bringer of chaos and nightmares to the dimensional universe! Long have I waited for this day-- that I would finally escape my prison and return and finish what I had started!”

His appearance seemed familiar to Lightning, and that’s when he made the comparisons to the old stories. “You…!” snarled Lightning “You’re the one I’ve heard of from the stories. That same evil the Grand Ruler banished to the Dark Planet!”

Titan chuckle evil “Yes…! But alas, that seal could not keep me a prisoner forever. Your Grand Ruler should have finished me off when he had the chance! Now, his mistake shall be the beginning of your undoing as my first act of vengeance for being sealed away for all these centuries!” He raised his monstrous hands up high unleashing powerful bolts of energy everyone to further frighten everyone and his evil laugh echoed “This world… and all that reside here SHALL FEEL THE WRATH OF DARKNESS!!”

To be continued…!

(Promo)

In our next episode, Titan unleashes his wrath by kidnapping several ponies in attempt to use them to increase his power. Lightning tries to help, but his newfound friends, who are fighters of Starfleet, advise him to stay out of the way. Ignoring their warning Lightning sets off to prove that he is capable of doing more than he seems, only to run into more traps and tricks along the way.

Will Lightning and his friends be able to stop Titan before he does any serious damage? Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “Evil’s Return: Part 2)