• Published 16th May 2017
  • 3,323 Views, 84 Comments

My Brave Pony: Starfleet Magic Season I - DakariKingMykan



How it all began, the many adventures of the Space Ponies and their struggle against evil.

  • ...
117
 84
 3,323

Episode 21: Part 1: Two-Way Invasion

EPISODE TWENTY-ONE

The evil Serpentari knew that Starfleet now had three of the star stones she sought, and the only sure-fire way for her to get them now would be to invade Unicornicopia. “I will take the star stones and destroy the alicorns all at once.” she snarled. “Finally, I will be the deadliest being in the known universe, and no one will stand in my way again!”




Meanwhile, many dimensional light-years away on Equestria…

The coronation was a wonderful event, and Twilight was announced to the world as Princess Twilight Sparkle. One-by-one her friends congratulated her, and her brother, Shining Armor, seemed to be crying. Only he called it “Liquid pride” totally different thing.” Everyone chuckled at him. Nevertheless, everyone gave Twilight their best wishes and love and reflected on how far she had come. Celestia could have been more proud of her student.

The ball began and Twilight spent most of her time greeting and addressing her new subjects, which she promised to not treat any differently. “I am still your friend, and always will be.” She would repeatedly say, but she was most relieved to get a while to sit at the royal feast table with the other three princesses, her brother and friends for a much needed break.

She and many of the others wanted to hear all about Rhymey from Fluttershy, now that they knew the truth. “It’s incredible!” cried Cadance “A whole race of super-ponies from outer space!”

Fluttershy told them all everything that Rhymey showed and explained to her from the images she saw including the Grand Ruler. “He didn’t say what his name was, but I saw him in the images. He looked almost like you, your majesty she said to Celestia. “Did he really?” Celestia asked as she sipped her tea, and Fluttershy nodded “Yes, only he had golden wings and three gold horns.”

Celestia nearly choked on her tea in shock!

“Sister!” cried Luna.

“Princess, are you alright!” added Twilight.

Celestia coughed and gagged as she caught her breath. “Oh, your majesty, did I upset you?” cried Fluttershy. “No… no, I’m alright.” said Celestia “But… could you repeat what you said about what this Grand Ruler looked like please?”

When Fluttershy repeated “He had golden wings, and three golden horns.”

Celestia completely froze up in shock.

“Princess…? Princess…!” Twilight tried to snap her out of it, along with everyone else, but Celestia hardly moved... until the entire ballroom began to quiver violently in another savage earthquake. Every pony in the entire gala panicked as they stumbled all over the place in the stress, but this particular tremor was lasting far long than any of the recent ones. The windows were starting to shatter too. “What’s going on?!” cried Rarity.

That’s when the large doors at the entrance to the gala were blown to smithereens, and the shaking stopped. Celestia angrily stood up and demanded to know “Who dares to enter unannounced?”

That’s when three mysterious pony creatures entered. They were humanoid like Rhymey was, but they didn’t look a bit friendly. They were defiantly demoncorns, and looking for trouble. The royal guards came rushing in but didn’t attack without an order. Mysterious gazed around at all the ponies grinning wickedly. “Greetings Equestrians. We come to you in hostility. You will now surrender this entire world over to us!”

Celestia quickly shouted for the guards to attack, and even Shining Armor joined them, being their former captain. They all tried their best, but they were all beaten so easily and badly. Shining Armor tried to blast the evil ones with his magic, but Rep-Stallion used his scythe to bat the force and sent it right back at him.

POW!! Shining armor was hit hard and skidded across the floor. “Shining Armor!” cried Cadance as she raced over to her fallen husband. Twilight ran up to her brother “Are you okay?” she cried. “Twily… Cadance…” Shining Armor groaned “They’re… not ordinary! Be… careful!”

Cadance and Twilight glared angrily at the intruders. “How dare you hurt my brother!” snarled Twilight. Dementia gazed at her. “So, you’re the famous, Twilight Sparkle we’ve heard of. Huh! You don’t look like much to me. I could beat you with one little finger.”

Twilight’s anger was rising. “No! Twilight, don’t!” Cadance said. “I want to try something.”

She approached the demons. They glared and snarled at her. “What do you think you’re doing?” growled Rep-Stallion. “Please! I don’t want to have to fight you.” replied Cadance. “What, You don’t want to have to fight us?!” Dementia asked in disbelief, and then broke out laughing, but Cadance didn’t feel too discouraged. “I want to know-- who are you, and why have you come here?”

“As we have said, we have come to take over this world.” hissed Mysterious “It is what we demons exist for. We destroy, enslave, and conquer, and nothing more!”

Cadance shook her head in denial “No! I won’t believe that. Every creature that lives has a heart, and within that heart resides the motivation of actions. If I can connect to it, maybe there might be another way.”

Her horn let off a glow of light and she cast her magic on the three demons. “What is this?” asked Rep-Stallion. “Are we supposed to be scared?”

Cadance continued to pour her magic on the minions hoping it would reach their hearts, but suddenly the magic faded and nothing happened at all. Cadance went into near shock as she backed away in fear and disbelief.

“What? What’s wrong?” asked Twilight.

“I… I can’t feel anything. There’s nothing there. You have no hearts!”

“And YOU don’t have a brain!” growled Rep.

“We are not like you, and we don’t wish to be.” added Dementia.

“We were created from corpses and graveyard soils, and our loyalties rest with the darkness.” said Mysterious. “This is now our world, and what we say goes. Does anyone wish to defy us?”

“I do!” snarled Celestia. She stood tall and proud, her sister stood beside her and Twilight and her friends, with the Elements of Harmony on them, joined them with Cadance, but the minions were far from impressed, and Celestia narrowed her eyes “I will not let you invade our home world like this.”

The three princesses’ horns glowed brightly, and Twilight and her friends charged up the Elements of Harmony, and they fired with all their might. The powerful forces collided into the minions resulting in a big bright flash. Yet, when the lights faded and smoke cleared. The demons were still standing. “That had no effect on them!” cried Spike.

Even Celestia was surprised. “Even the Elements of Harmony combined with our alicorn magic isn’t enough?!” Twilight was shaking with fear. “I never thought something without a heart could exist. Let alone be so powerful.”

“You had better believe it!” called a sinister and familiar voice that made Princess Luna’s blood churn. “That voice! It can’t be…!”

The room went dark, and all the remained was a single dark glow of light high above the center of the hall illuminating the ringleader behind all this. “N-N-N-Nightmare Moon?!” peeped Fluttershy “Impossible!” added Celestia.

Nightmare sniggered and announced loudly “I have returned, stronger than ever before. I am SUPER Nightmare Moon, and I claim this magical world of Equestria as my own. From this point forth, you are my obedient slaves.”

To make her point clear, she zapped Twilight with a powerful magic blast, actually destroying her alicorn wings, changing her back to an ordinary unicorn, much to everyone’s horror. Nightmare laughed loudly as she created a vast armada of shadowbolts to aid her and her friends in their new empire. “This world is mine!”

Then she unleashed her forces on those below in the gala and knocking Celestia, Luna, and Twilight unconscious, and when the three of them awoke, they found themselves imprisoned within caves under Canterlot where Twilight found the real Princess Cadance when she unmasked Queen Chrysalis’ charade before the Royal Canterlot Wedding.

All three of them were trapped inside magical bubble-like force-fields with Nightmare Moon gazing at her from outside. Twilight and Celestia were astonished yet confused to see both Nightmare and Luna in the same room at the same time.

“If you are confused, here me out.” said Nightmare.

She explained that when Twilight and her friends used the Elements of Harmony on her, what really happened was the evil was actually separated from the good of Princess Luna. The two of them were split into two. The evil half part headed off into dimensional space with the intention of getting stronger, and then returning to Equestria for revenge!

“So you were causing those earthquakes.” said Luna. Nightmare nodded “A small testing of my new power. I have been reborn stronger and greater than ever before.”

She no longer required being part of Princess Luna and she no longer had plans to make an eternal night, but to turn Equestria into her own world of nightmares and chaos, and already the inhabitants of Equestria were conscripted into her army of slaves and prisoners. “I wish for the three of you to remain here to ensure you cannot interfere, as well as to witness what I am about to show you.” With her magic she showed them all images of the outside world and how it appeared now...

The skies were outlandishly red with dark clouds swirling. The royal palace was now Nightmare’s home base of operations, and worst of all, every pony, every creature in all of Equestria were bound by chains, and cursed with magical manacles that disabled any magic, flying, or super special abilities anyone had so they couldn’t even try to fight back. Every single one of them was forced into hard labour; digging trenches, carrying huge loads of heavy stones, water barrels, and other things. They were brutally forced to keep working by the minions and the shadowbolt armada.

Cadance and Shining Armor were forced into a march with Rep-Stallion pestering them. “Hup-two-three-four-- Come on, everybody. I CAN’T HEAR YOU!”

Cadance felt so exhausted that she collapsed. Shining Armor bent down to help his wife. “Well, well, a couple of slackers, huh?” hissed Dementia and she kicked them both hard and shouted “GET BACK TO WORK!”



Twilight felt a mixture of tears and fury. “You monster!” she growled and charged straight at the barrier only to be forced back by its powerful waves. “Twilight!” cried Celestia. Twilight wasn’t hurt, and Nightmare laughed “You are far more pathetic as I remember. My magic is far stronger now than it was. You can never overpower me. Especially seeing as I have these…!” She revealed she had confiscated the Elements of Harmony in a small chest and planned to hide them within her fortress so that they couldn’t be used against her. Even if they could, it wouldn’t be enough.

All three princesses felt their angers broiling, but the force-fields kept them all in. Even Celestia’s magic couldn’t break it and merely. “Weren’t you listening to what I just said…” sneered Nightmare. Her eyes glowed brightly and Celestia felt herself being lifted off the floor, and she was slammed down hard. “Sister!” cried Luna. “Princess!” cried Twilight. “A small sample of what is in store for all of you if I am further infuriated.” said Nightmare.

Celestia struggled to get back onto her feet. She glared angrily at Nightmare, “You won’t get away with this!” she scorned, but Nightmare merely sniggered and scoffed “I wish someone would write you a new line. That one is getting so tired.” Then she left the caves under tight guard so no one would try and sneak in to try and free the prisoners.

Twilight continuously struggled to try and break free. “I will not… let… this… happen!” she growled, but it was just no use. All three of them could only imagine the bad shape Equestria was in now, and what of all their friends?




Meanwhile, on Unicornicopia…

Lightning and friends now possessed the power of three star stones added to their own strengths, and combined with their training, they had never felt so strong before. Now, there was only one stone left to find, but Grand Ruler had sent Lightning a letter saying that he was unable to locate it, but he would continue to search. Lightning sighed heavily as he sipped his milkshake. Things had been very boring lately. Krysta had gone to visit her people on Luminous. None of his friends needed much help with their jobs that day, and he was longing for some excitement and action. Not that he actually wished the planet to be attacked or anything.

He decided maybe to just go for a walk, but when he grabbed his milkshake and turned to head off, he ran right into Starla and they both ended up spilling their milkshakes all over each other’s uniforms. “Oh, I’m sorry.” They both said at the same time. “No, I’m sorry.” they did it again. Then they paused and tried to wait, but they ended up saying “I’ll buy you another one.” At the same time too. They shared a soft giggle, and both paid for two extra milkshakes, and they both went for a walk together.

“So…” Lightning said.

“So, what?” Starla asked.

Lightning tried to be as careful as he could, “How’s your stargazing coming?”

“Oh, it’s been fine.”

They had a nice chat, and Starla explained about all the new sights she had seen since Equestria was located. She was, however, feeling a little worried. She had been gazing at the stars at night lately but couldn’t shake off a weird feeling that something dreadful was about to happen. “It seems every time we crush our evil enemies, a newer, greater evil arises.”

Lightning understood how she felt. “Don’t worry,” said Lightning “If something does come, I just know we can see it through. Think about it, we’ve faced so many things already. If anything comes our way, well ready with a bang!” That’s when a distant explosion was heard and felt, even from in the city. Starla and Lightning nearly fell of their feet with the quake. Smoke was coming from the direction of Greenland. Nobody panicked as it was only and obviously Professor Brain working on his most desperate secret projects of them all. He had been working on it for years and years, even prior to Lightning’s arrival, and every now and then a small explosion came from his house, but it was nothing to fret over. Just another one of his tests that he would mark as “Unsatisfactory-- Most unsatisfactory”

“That must be the hundredth time he’s done that.” groaned Lightning.

“I wonder what he’s making.” Said Starla, then she and Lightning realized they was still holding each other’s hand. Their eyes met, and again, they turned away from each other blushing and giggling softly. Lightning’s mind was racing in circles. If Krysta were there she’d be nagging at him to ask Starla to be his mare-friend. “Um… Starla…?”

“Yeah…?”

“I… I wanted to ask you something really important.”

Starla felt her eyes starting to twinkle for what she was hoping for. “What is it?”

Their eyes met again, and this time instead of turning away, they found their faces slowly move towards one another’s, getting closer, and closer, their eyes softly closed, their lips were about to touch, when the ground suddenly began to quake. “What?!” they both exclaimed. Something told them this wasn’t Brain’s doing as the ground continued to tremble “What’s happening?” cried Starla. “I don’t know, but I don’t like it!” said Lightning.

That’s when serpent soldiers burst through the ground armed with their weapons. The alarms went off and the civilians all began to run for shelter before the barriers were raised.

“What are they doing here?” asked Starla. “They’re causing trouble that’s what!” said Lightning. He gazed at her and they both nodded at one another, and quickly transformed. “Starfleet Magic!!”

“Let’s get them!” and they began to brawl!

Buddy Rose and Artie came running round the bend, and they were surprised!

“Serpent Soldiers…?”

“…On Unicornicopia?”

They joined the fight along with others, evening the fight out, but things got way worse as Serpentari entered the city from a portal in the skies. “Look out!” cried Lightning. Everyone scattered before they were crushed.

Serpentari roared loudly and she seemed ready for a big fight! Lightning gazed sternly at her and snarled “You’ve made a big mistake coming here!”

Serpentari didn’t answer at first and merely gazed around. “So… this is the planet that Titan had failed to conquer is it?” he sniggered “Well, it serves him right for all the horrible things he had done to me!”

The gang was confused. “How do you know of Titan?” Lightning asked “And what do you mean by what he did to you?”

“He and I went we way back, before he had failed to cure my mother on planet Elixis.”

The team remembered from Titan’s story, and managed to fit it all together. “Wait, are you… could you possibly be…?”

“Yes!” Serpentari snarled “I am all that remains of his former fiancée, Sari.”


She explained how, a-thousand years ago, she remembered when she and Titan used to be close, back when he was kind-hearted Titanius, but then he failed to cure her sick mother and she hated him and turned him down, and threw the acids at his face which horribly disfigured him. “First he failed to heal my mother, and if that weren’t bad enough, he returned to Elixis to destroy us all!” hissed Serpentari.

As much as the ponies didn’t approve of all that. “I don’t think I blame him, after the way all of you wronged him.” snarled Lightning. “He tried his best to help, and you all kicked him away, then you disfigure him!”

Serpentari was aware of this. “We begged him for forgiveness, and tried to apologize, but he would not accept! With malicious powers, he killed my entire family and proceeded to wipe out our entire civilization. Luckily, in my critically injured state, I managed to open a portal into space and escaped with my life.

I landed in a swampy wetland on the planet Bayou. There I struggled forth in search of aid, only to be bitten by a very rare and poisonous serpent! The pain and venom from its bite was so intense I couldn’t even scream. Suddenly, I felt myself beginning to change. I became the sinister creature you now see before you. I became Serpentari… a combination of “Serpent” and “Sari!”

The ponies began to feel that was rather tragic, but Serpentari the most outraged by it. She gazed down her scaly, slimy, wretched body, despising every inch of it. “My beauty was gone, and Titan had destroyed my home. The hatred boiled inside of me, and I decided to get revenge, and there was only one way that I knew how!”

At that instant, Serpentari’s forehead began to glow, and right there in the middle, appeared the fourth and final star stone-- half blue and half indigo. “So she had it all the time!” snapped Lightning.

Serpentari explained that after her mutation, she traveled all across space hoping to find Titan and make him pay for everything. She met up with him, and he did not know she was Sari. However, she proved to be no match against his super evil powers. She managed to escape before Titan had a chance to finish her off, and she then realized she would need a way to restore herself to her former self instead of being a slimy disgusting creature she despised, and gain the power she needed to crush Titan and anyone else who dared to get the way of her goal.

She found the star stone back on Bayou, where it all started. The stone empowered with strong magic and abilities to help her in her quest. She never had felt such incredible power before, and began her quest to find the other three stones. She searched and searched for centuries, and destroyed any planet she came to ensure the star stones would not accidently wind up in places she had already looked, including Lightning’s home world of Harmonious.

Lightning felt horrified and furious. “You killed innocent creatures, my entire populace included, whom had nothing to do with your problems, and laid waste to other worlds because you hated Titan and wanted to restore your beauty?!”

“You horrible monster!” growled Starla “Of all the monsters I’ve ever known, you’re by far the sickest of all!”

Serpentari felt her anger rising with all berating and insults being thrown at her. “I came for those three star stones you have, and I will take them after I’ve finished SMASHING YOU ALL APART!!”

“You will never win!” shouted Lightning “You are about to answer for all the lives you’ve taken, all the worlds you’ve destroyed.”

Serpentari laughed and scoffed “We shall see.” and with a loud roar, she began to dash forth leaving a trail of destruction through the road and the sidewalks. The gang flew straight up and dodged her. “We have to get her out of the city!” cried Buddy Rose “Who knows how much destruction she can cause.”

“Follow me!” cried Artie and the others began to fly after him and Serpentari gave chase, tearing up the roads and destroying many trees and unshielded obstacles in her way while hollering “You can’t escape from me!”

Along the way, Rhymey and the Spanish twins joined up with the gang, and they all stopped in the wide open fields where there was plenty of space to battle. “So, you’re all together now?” Serpentari hissed. “…Makes it all the more easier for me to get rid of you in one easy swoop. Then the star stones you have shall belong to me.”

The others all stood ready, weapons and all. This was going to be a battle to remember, especially for Lightning. “Mom, Dad, Grandfather…” he said in his thoughts and pictured the images of every other friend or loved one he knew and lost on his planet “…I’m fighting for all of you.”



While in Equestria…

The evil Super Nightmare Moon and Titan’s minions continued to rule in their new world of obedient slaves and power. They enjoyed pushing the ponies around and forcing them into more work, building towers, and monuments, and anything Nightmare and the minions demanded.

Twilight’s friends were forced into palace slavery in Nightmare’s new fortress where they were forced to do chores, serve her and the minions meals, fan them, just about every slave thing possible.

Rep-Stallion gazed at Fluttershy and how scared she seemed. He couldn’t resist and leaned in closer. “Hey little pony… Boo.” As expected, Fluttershy screamed in a cry of horror and she ran to hide behind all her friends, trembling like a frightened mouse. Nightmare and the minions laughed at the way Fluttershy and the others were cowering. “It feels wonderful to be queen.” Nightmare said “Slaves, fetch us more dark-leaf tea, and hurry!”

Spike and Rarity bowed and walked off to fetch the tea, but Spike grumbled insults under his little breath, which Nightmare could hear, and she levitated him off the ground right before her “What exactly where you saying…?” she asked with a deep sneer. “Who, me…? Oh, nothing, nothing at all… your grace…!”

“That’s what I thought.” said Nightmare “You know what fate lies in store for those who displease me, and she angrily flung him into Rarity knocking her down and shouted “…UNDERSTAND?!”

Spike got up and bowed nervously along with the other ponies, and they all got back to their chores. “Equestria is no more…” sneered Nightmare, “I hereby name this the planet of Nightmarica!”

Her wicked laughter got louder and louder, but suddenly the ground began to quake again, all over the planet. The slaves all felt it too, and some of the constructed monuments they made crumped under the stress.

The quaking stopped, and Dementia asked Nightmare “What was that for? I thought you were finished.” But Nightmare admitted that she didn’t cause that quake. “I… I don’t understand.” said Nightmare, she was however more outraged in the destruction of her monuments outside, and angrily order her slaves to reconstruct them, at the cost of three rest periods.

While they slaved away, others who were too young or too small for work or be of much use, were locked into prison, even the cutie mark crusaders, and the cake twins Pumpkin and Pound. The little babies were crying their heads off in fear, but at least their parents were with them, only because the guards couldn’t stand the babies crying. “Silence those foals!” Mysterious demanded. Carrot Cake scowled, but Cupcake warned him not to try anything and help her calm the babies down.

Sweetie Bell, Apple-Bloom were trying to be brave, but were very worried about their sisters, Applejack and Rarity, and all their other friends as well. Scootaloo couldn’t believe this was happening to the planet. All three of them felt like crying, but tried hard to hold it in so as not to disturb the guards and receive more lashes.

All hope seemed lost for them all now, however, one tiny creature, a fairy from Krysta’s home world was fortunate enough to move about without being seen or noticed, and witnessed the entire thing from the beginning. Not to mention the continuous earthquakes that seemed to be growing more and more savage. The planet couldn’t stand much more of the stress. “I must inform King and Queen at once. This is job for Starfleet.” She said and then she vanished through a portal.

With Equestria enslaved, and Serpentari ready to face Lightning and his friends, who knew how much worse things would get?!

To Be Continued…!



(Promo)

In our next episode, slavery continues to thrive in Equestria, but the earthquakes continue, and the planet begins to break up. Meanwhile, the space ponies continue to fight off Serpentari in what truly turns into an all-out brawl for power and vengeance.

Where will all the danger end, and how will it all be dealt with?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “Part 2: Decisive Actions!”)