• Published 16th May 2017
  • 3,323 Views, 84 Comments

My Brave Pony: Starfleet Magic Season I - DakariKingMykan



How it all began, the many adventures of the Space Ponies and their struggle against evil.

  • ...
117
 84
 3,323

Episode 9: Up, Up and a Balloon

EPISODE NINE

Titan was growing stronger thanks to vast amounts of energies that his minions had gathered for him and believed he was nearly ready to ultimately break the seal and escape! He could hardly wait to escape from this prison. He removed his hood and gazed at his reflection in the darkness where only he could see.

He reached up, gently caressing his face with his fingertips, and he growled deeply “I will never forgive this world for all it has done to me!” He replaced his hood and sat down on his throne. “Once I am free from this prison, I will finally be able to exact my revenge, and then… there will be none to stand in my way. The dimensional universe will be mine to control!” He laughed sinisterly which echoed all through the castle.

Meanwhile, Rep-Stallion was beginning to feel upset that he hadn’t had a turn for a while yet to gather energy or create a monster. “I don’t get it, what’s he holding me back for?” he asked miserably.

“Hmm, let’s see…” said Dementia “Is it because you’re not very smart, or the fact that you’ve collected the least amount of energy then me and Mysterious, or maybe the fact that Starfleet kicks you around so easily it’s laughable?”

All those insults and mockery, Rep-Stallion fired a near miss at Dementia, breaking one of her mirrors. “Hey!” she growled. “So that’s all you think of me? Well I’ll show you!” He began to head off. “Where do you think you’re going?” asked Dementia.

“I’m going to destroy those pesky alicorns right now, and I’m not coming back until I do.”

“Rep-Stallion…” snarled Mysterious “We have been told to remain on standby from Titan. He will not be pleased with your insubordination!”

Rep-Stallion still didn’t care and believed he would please Titan by serving him a dish of raw and dead alicorns on a silver platter by the days end, and he had just the idea for a monster to guarantee him such a victory.



It was another happy day in Unicornicopia and everyone was up and about, some were at work, some of the children were playing in the parks and playgrounds. It certainly was a nice day, and that worried Krysta a lot. “This is usually the time when Titan or one of his goons comes after us again.”

“Well if they do, they’ll find we’ll be more ready for them than ever.” said Lightning.

It had already become quite clear to everyone, even the civilians that Titan’s escape was inevitable. The Grand Ruler was still using all his might to keep the seal intact, but ultimately warned Starfleet to be prepared for anything. They would not allow Titan to beat them as easily as he had did once before, but for now simple life continued on, and Lightning and Krysta had job to do.

Cookie Dough’s restaurant had takeout meal deliveries, and he asked Lightning to deliver a specially packed lunch to Brain’s place in Greenland. “He’s been working another of his secret projects and says he hasn’t got time to come here and get it himself, and all my other delivery-Men are out already.”

Soon Krysta and Lightning made it to Greenland, which lived up to its name as it consisted of lush green fields that stretched as far as they eye could see laden with pine-trees small green shrubs and bushes and hedges. The houses were all white dome-shaped, with a light green touch of paint on the woodworks.

They remembered Professor Brain’s laboratory home from their last visit, and upon their arrival, they could see him outside with his special project just completed. “A big balloon…?” Krysta said almost in a slight of dismay. “That’s what he’s been working on?”

“I don’t believe it myself.” said Lightning

The Professor was standing in the basket of the balloon and was truly proud of his work “Ah, satisfactory, most satisfactory.” He saw Lightning and Krysta and was glad someone finally showed up to see his work. “Tell me do you like it?” he asked. Lightning and Krysta gazed at one another. “Yeah… we do…” Lightning said “But why would you spend all this time making a balloon for, especially seeing as we can already fly ourselves, not to mention at fantastic speeds.”

“But, my dear fellow, I am not suggesting it can compete with what you said, but for the sheer sensation of flying, there is nothing to compare with than a gas-filled balloon.” He reached down and put on his old pilot goggles. “Come along you two, and join me for a most exciting experience.” Krysta and Lightning decided to go along, and as soon as they climbed aboard Brain unfastened the lines holding the balloon down, “Right, away we go.” and the balloon slowly began to rise up into the air.

The balloon soared over Greenland, and across Rainbow City, and then back because Brain didn’t intend to fly too far for his first test, but Krysta and Lightning were impressed. “This is relaxing. I’m kind of surprised.” said Krysta “And the breeze feels just wonderful.” added Lightning.

“Did I not tell you so?” Brain chuckled

They landed safely near Brain’s home, fastened the balloon down again and hopped out. “Well Professor that sure was fun.” said Lightning.

Brain agreed “And I haven’t even told you the most exciting feature, the balloon is made of specially coated fabric making it difficult to puncture so there is little chance of a leak being sprung.”

“Really? That’s all I need to know.” snapped a voice. The others turned round and saw Rep-Stallion standing in their presence. “Nice balloon. Mind if I borrow it?”

“I say, you leave my invention alone you horrible creature!” growled Brain, but of course Rep-Stallion leapt over to the balloon to take it anyway. “Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. Now get ready for a monster like no other.” he sneered as he threw the magic dust over the balloon, transforming into a huge monster called Big-Blow! Its shape was rather odd. The basket was its head, the ropes and latches were all connected together to serve as the arms and legs, and the big balloon itself served as the body; a very obese and blubbery body.

Lightning was not impressed, so he decided to transform. “Starfleet Magic!” He used his visor to scan the monster and was surprised to see its attack power and speed were extremely low, and its defenses weren’t much to be a threat either. “This should be easy, maybe even the easiest fight I’ll ever have.”

“Let’s go.” snapped Krysta.

“Wait!” cried Brain, but they had already charged for Big-Blow.

Rep-Stallion hopped on the head of his monster and laughed at their feeble attempts. “Show them what you got!” He said and with a swift wave of his scythe, “Now!” and the monster drew in a huge breath and unleashed a powerful gust of strong air, sending Lightning and Krysta sailing backwards hard and crashing head first into a tree.

Krysta and Brain dashed over to them. Both Lightning and Krysta had stars floating around their dizzy heads. They weren’t badly hurt, but found it hard to focus. “Wow! That thing’s got a lot of air in it.” groaned Lightning.

Krysta shook herself to her senses. “What a blowhard!”

Rep-Stallion laughed. “Nice job, now seize them!”

The monster began to stomp its way towards the gang, and drew in another huge long breath creating a massive strong pull like a wind-tunnel. Lightning felt himself being lifted off of the ground by the strong winds. He quickly grabbed the tree and held it tight. Krysta held onto Lightning’s mane and Brain grabbed Lightning’s tail, which hurt him because of the pulling force, “…AAAAH! OOOWWW! That hurts!”

“Oh, my goodness!” cried Brain.

“I can’t hold on much longer!” added Krysta

Poor Lightning was a little preoccupied by the pull of the air and the agonizing pane from Brain pulling on his tail and Krysta holding his mane. The pull of the wind only got stronger as the monster treaded closer! “They can’t hold against the pull forever.” grumbled Rep-Stallion, but his patience were wearing thin and he raised his scythe, “This ought to loosen their grip-- SCYTHE SLASH WAVE!” With a wave of his scythe he fired small blasts of waving-energy at the tree, hoping to hit Lightning so he’d let go. “AH! WHOA!” but his grip still held! He just couldn’t let go!

“I’m losing my grip!” cried Krysta.

“Just hang on!” shouted Lightning.

“I hate to admit this, but I believe I am slipping.” cried Brain.

Rep-Stallion fired another blast, and the force nearly hit Lightning and created small sparks. He managed to hang on, but the others finally lost their grip and were pulled away in the winds. “PROFESSOR...!! KRYSTA!!” Lightning screamed.

“…LIGHTNING!” Krysta screamed as she and Brain disappeared into the monster’s huge mouth, causing the wind pull to stop, and the monster took a big gulp and swallowed hard. Lightning felt this heart ripping in half. “He… He ate them!” he cried as tears of anger and sadness formed in his eyes.

“Well…” Rep-Stallion said as he scratched his head “Not quite was I was aiming for, but it will do just as nicely for a start.” He also loved the very sight of Lightning on the verge of tears. “Relax!” he assured him “Your friends are perfectly safe, for the moment; inside the interior balloon of Big Blowout, but every second they stay in there their energies will be drained and sent to Titan, and soon you’ll be joining them.”

Lightning was really stuck now. He couldn’t even try to attack the monster while his friends were trapped inside! “What am I going to do?” he growled in frustration.




It was dark and pretty windy inside the huge balloon, but Krysta used her fairy magic to make her body glow to make it brighter, and Brain has special miniature lights in his glasses. “You okay Professor?” Krysta asked. “I am just fine, Krysta.” Brain said, “But I fear we are in deep trouble. We must try and escape from here. Who knows what is happening to Lightning out there?”

That’s when they felt the monster sucking in more air which shook them all about inside.




Lightning was still hanging onto the tree, not willing to surrender. His friends were counting on him, but he still didn’t dare fight back. “Just give it up!” snarled Rep-Stallion “You have no choice. Your friends’ lives are at stake!”

Lightning growled and groaned in attempt to hang on tight.



Inside, Brain and Krysta were blown around hard and were lying flat against the walls so they wouldn’t jerk around so much. “There’s too much air!” cried Krysta “This balloon is really driving me crazy!”

But her words made Brain realize, “Air… Balloon…! By word, that’s it!”

He explained to Krysta that there only one hope of them getting out and that was to pop a hole in the balloon from the inside where they were. “But how…?” asked Krysta “You said it was impossible to penetrate the fabric.”

“No! I said there is little chance, meaning that there is a possibility.” replied Brain and he reached behind him, “Luckily… I always keep my trusty miniature-drill for such emergencies.” and he started drilling.




Lightning didn’t know how much longer he could last like this, or how much longer his friends would be safe, if they even were safe. “I’ll never give into you, Rep-Stallion, NEVER!” Rep-Stallion growled and began to fire more blasts at him trying to force him to let go. Some of the blasts even hit him and they hurt! “ARGH…! AH…! DON’T LET GO!” he kept shouting.

Rep-Stallion couldn’t believe the determination Lightning was exhibiting, but he was growing angry. “I’ll get you yet!” he thundered as he fired more shots.

Krysta could swear she could hear Lightning suffering from outside. “Time’s running out, Brain…! Hurry!” she screamed.

“All right…!” Brain called “I think I’m… nearly… through, but this… fabric is stronger… than I thought!”




This was it! The monster was still sucking in air, and Rep-Stallion had lost all patience. “Be prepared!” he thundered as he readied himself for one final, really big shot… when suddenly the monster began to vibrate violently. “Hey! Hey! What’s going on?! HEY!” POW!! A huge hole popped right through the monster’s body for sucking in so much air, and Brain’s drill finally breaking through. The monster took over blowing around as the air escape knocking Rep-Stallion off and down to the ground hard. Krysta and Brain were set free, but they didn’t exactly have a smooth landing.

“Ouch…!”

“Oh…! I say!”

Lightning fell flat on the ground, bruised and hurt from being hit so much, he looked in bad shape, and so did the monster. It looked like a squeezed out tube of toothpaste, and couldn’t even stand. “My monster!” growled Rep-Stallion! “This can’t be happening…!”

A golden glow of light forced him to turn round. “Huh…?”

Lightning, despite his injuries managed to stand up and was summoning his great power…

“I summon forth a mystic power
To aid me in this darkest hour
Casting no upon my foe
I now unleash… this magical glow…!”

Lightning took great aim, and as Rep-Stallion began to run away Lightning unleashed the “…UNIFORCE!!” His blast soared in Rep’s direction and just barely missed him, knocking him out! “UGH-AAH…!” and continued forward striking the monster, destroying it in an explosion of air instead of flames.

“NO...!” shouted Rep “No! What went wrong?” he then angrily turned to face Lightning, who by now was very weak and sore. “No running this time…!” he growled as he gripped his scythe and charged forward, “I’m going to get you ONCE AND FOR ALL…!”

“LIGHTNING, GET OUT OF THERE!” cried Krysta, but Lightning could barely move after all he had been through and using the uniforce too. Rep-Stallion continued to run forward ready to strike, when he was suddenly halted by the sudden appearance of a force-field. “AAAHH…!” Everyone was confused, until the roaring sound of Titan’s angry voice was heard. “REP… STALLION, I think you’ve done quite enough! You are coming back here immediately!”

In a blazing glow of light followed by a scream, Rep-Stallion vanished.

“He’s gone!” cried Krysta.

“Never mind that…” said Brain “We must help Lightning.”




Mysterious and Dementia were forced to watch Titan as he showed Rep-Stallion very little mercy by continuously shocking him with his now stronger powers. “I warn you, Rep-Stallion, if you EVER run off to spring a plan without my clarifications again, I will not be as merciful on you as I am being now! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!”

Through all the pain and shocking Rep-Stallion acknowledged his master’s warning.




Doctor Penny was summoned and she helped treat Lightning’s injuries. “There! All better?” she asked. “Apart from being incredibly exhausted. I’ll be fine.” Lightning said. Krysta and Brain were very relieved, but Lightning felt just awful. “I’m sorry I destroyed your balloon, Professor.”

Brain shook his head “My dear fellow, the important thing is that everyone is safe, and that’s all that matters to me.” He was most sympathetic. Right now it was strongly suggested that Lightning rest, he had taken quite a beating, despite being just healed.

“Oh, Lightning,” Krysta sighed softly as her friend slept “I don’t know what we’d do without you.”



When Lightning got home the next morning, after a good rest, he wrote out his overdue report…


“While Titan’s monsters come in many shapes and sizes, and each with their own horrifying set of abilities, it is no secret that the courage and determination of me and my friends will overpower their evil any day. Still, that could be just a gamble on probability.

Courage and determination are also used in everyday lives, but it should be well known that one should never risk just gambling on them alone, but knowing that we are fortunate enough to possess these forces and that we can learn to control… it is these things alone that make us mightier than we think.”



After he sent his report off to Grand Ruler’s palace, he and Krysta went off for another beautiful day in Unicornicopia.


(Promo)

In our next episode, the Grand Ruler carries out his annual inspection of the planet and is planning a stay in the city. The ponies are all excited, but Inquerious insists that certain methods of conduct must be met to please his royal highness. Meanwhile, Titan is finally ready to escape from his prison, which will mean certain danger for the ponies.

Will the Grand Ruler be pleased with the presentations, and what will happen when Titan crashes the party?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic”

(Next Episode: “A Night to Remember Part 1”)