• Published 10th Jul 2012
  • 1,500 Views, 54 Comments

Life in the fast clouds - mageli7



Rainbow Dash has been recruited into the Wonderbolts, but will she fly high or crash and burn?

  • ...
2
 54
 1,500

Unwanted guest

"Ok," Silver Wind said to himself, "be cool, be suave." Silver Wind was on his way to the date with Rarity, and in all honesty, he was terrified. What if he wasn't high class enough for her? Silver gulped as the restaurant came into view. The restaurant, oddly was called Silver Diamond. Silver knew the owners and was good friends with them. He had specifically requested a table with an amazing view. Silver looked through some notes made for him by his friend Buckshot. Silver laughed thinking about how the cowpony was always writing notes down.

Rarity walked towards the restaurant Silver Wind had asked her to meet him at. Her legs shook a tad bit, she was scared. "Oh what if I'm not up to par with his smarts?" She thought, "Get it together Rarity, you graduated top of your class you can handle this smart, handsome gentlecolt." She approached the restaurant just at the time Silver Wind did.

"Hello Silver!" Rarity smiled trying to steady her legs, "I'm so glad I get to see you again."

"As am I Rarity," Silver Wind said lightly blushing, "I just couldn't wait to see you."

Silver Wind open the door and let Rarity through. He walked through to the door to a small table for two right by a window. Silver acting as a proper stallion would walked over to the chair, pulled it out, and motioned for Rarity to sit.

"My, my, Silver," Rarity said blushing from the gesture, "such a gentlecolt."

"Only around the most beautiful mares." he replied trying to not let himself slip, saying anything or doing anything wrong.

The waiter soon appeared asking what they'd like to drink.

"Hmm, I believe I will just have a water." They both said at the same time before smiling.

Rarity and Silver shared a laugh before the waiter returned with their drinks.

"Have you decided what you would like for dinner madam?" The waiter asked.

"Oh, hmmm, just a salad please." Rarity replied.

"And for you sir?" The waiter said.

Silver didn't reply, he was too entranced by Rarity's eyes to hear what the waiter had said. Her mouth opened to speak, no doubt to say something elegant and graceful.

"Silver?" Rarity asked, looking at the stallion hiding her laughter from the goofy smile on his face.

"Huh?" Silver said being snapped out of his trance spilling water on the table.

Rarity began to laugh as the waiter cleaned up the water, "He asked what you want to eat."

"Oh," Silver said beginning to laugh as well, "just a salad please."

When the server had left again Rarity spoke, "So you are a royal guard?"

Silver was about to answer but just then he was interrupted by an annoying voice he knew.

"Oh," Amber Glass, Silver's long-time enemy said pointing at Silver, "if it isn't Silver, oh and look, its his marefriend!"

Silver looked Rarity in the eyes with a look that said, Don't worry, I can handle this.

"Hello Amber, fancy seeing you here." Silver said with hidden venom in his voice.

"Oh I was just off on a mission Princess Celestia sent me on, I supposed I could get something to eat." Amber said putting emphasis on Celestia's name. "Oh and who's your little friend?"

"Rarity, this is Amber Glass, Amber this is Rarity." Silver said.

"Hello Rarity." Amber said picking up Rarity's hoof and giving it a kiss.

Rarity did everything in her power not to pull back her hand in disgust, who did this stallion think he was waltzing in and messing up their date?

"Shame you have to be with somepony like Silver," Amber said, by now the whole restaurant had gone silent. " I think you would be much better off with somepony brave and amazing, like me."

"Amber," Silver hissed, "not here."

"Oh what's this?" Amber said smirking at Silver, "Are you too much of a wimp to stand up for this beautiful lady?"

Rarity blushed at the word beautiful, not in a good way, this unicorn had crossed the line.

"Amber, go now." Silver growled eyes having turned cold.

"I would love to go, with your lovely mare that is." He replied still sneering.

Silver stood up looking Amber in the eyes, Silver was taller than Amber was. "I said go." Silver said, "Obviously you have no respect for any living creature and shouldn't even walk on the same ground Lady Rarity."

"Why you little!" Amber roared punching Silver only to miss and hit air. Before Amber was about to punch again Silver grabbed his hoof, twisting it.

"I said go." Silver growled at the unicorn, "If you don't want to I will make you."

Amber Glass hit Silver on the side of his head with his free hoof, forcing Silver to release his grip. Glass went for another punch only to be avoided by Silver. Silver hit Amber full force on the side of the head. Amber stumbled back, looked around before running out the door.

"I'm sorry Rarity," Silver said quietly, "I shouldn't have had to resort to violence."

"Oh darling," Rarity said smiling tears in her eyes, "it's fine, he deserved it, I just hope you're head is ok."

"Its fine," Silver said touching the side of his head where he had been hit, "why don't we go, our dinner was sort of ruined."

"I couldn't agree more." Rarity said giving Silver a kiss on the cheek.





AN: I decided both dates are going to be split up in chapters because Rainbow's new chapter is going to be long and I didn't want the dates crammed in after.